SELECT CONTENT

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Sean Varricchio - Davina Kullar - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Page 14 of 79 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 46 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Sean Varricchio - Davina Kullar - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Sean Varricchio - Davina Kullar - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Post by MVMom39forever Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:26 pm

Ruqibabe wrote:^ According to Dr Logan, lastweek was their first night moving in together. The experts are trying not to babysit them so they could learn on their own. I read somewhere that the experts would check up on them in a few weeks (meaning soon).  

And, it can't come soon enough!

IMO Sean seemed very genuine during his call with Dr. C and really seemed to be listening to his advice. He then brought all this to Davina to show that he was attempting to refocus on the experiment/"them as a couple" and take it day-by-day vs. worrying about the big picture. She seemed happy so that was somewhat encouraging for about a minute.

It became very obvious as they got ready for the night and then that night the initial spark and chemistry from the wedding is just NOT there anymore. No more Davina little girl talk and looks for Ryan. Instead they looked like two people trying (really, really trying) to have a good time for the camera. They were going through motions but not enjoying it much and even their kiss at midnight was boring.

When you throw in the photo that Davina posted yesterday of Sean sleeping by her on New Year's Eve night, well ... she just further reinforced it. D&S are two people whose paths should have never crossed and will never need to cross again after the six month reunion.

I am actually surprised by her SM actions now and wonder if we got another round of drama brewing in coming episodes.

MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Sean Varricchio - Davina Kullar - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 14 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Sean Varricchio - Davina Kullar - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Post by provenceguy Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:30 pm

Okay, I'll say it out loud....my first impression of Sean was that he is gay.
provenceguy
provenceguy

Female Posts : 1926

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:34 pm

DaisyMae56 wrote:I also wonder about the expert matching of the couples this year. I think we are seeing the limitations of the survey tools used and how much they rely on the individuals truly knowing themselves. I have read elsewhere that Jessica was expected to be on Season 1 but apparently they couldn't find a good match for her. If that is true, then it would seem that Ryan D. was supposed to be the best fit across 2 seasons of candidates. Really?

My main fuss with the experts is that we are not seeing any indication this year that they intervened in a substantial way till after the third week (which we just saw.) Presumably they will check in soon since we are at the halfway point, but that is really late for a situation where serious differences are putting the couples at odds right at the start. Clearly the couples can call the experts (ala Sean calling Dr. C) but maybe an initial  check-in after the honeymoon would help. Production must know that couples are having real problems when they do the filming. If people are going to be put into such a false situation as the premise of this show, then it seems like there should be more intervention to help them get through it.

I don't think their measurements/assessments are smart enough to take into account the single most important trait: the willingness to agree to have the experiment filmed and aired on television, with no control of image or edit or story.

That "reveal" which other contestants have said comes very late in the process sends many strong "real world" matches literally running for the door (they even had a few amusing clips of that response!). The TV show aspect skews everything IMO.

It's like on The Bachelor/ette. A few "gems" will get persuaded to give the show a shot, for reasons of travel, adventure, making friends, rolling the dice on love, but MOSTLY you get a whole bunch of people who want to be on TV for reasons of career or personality.

In MAFS, this season, the cameras are having a huge impact on Sean and Ryan D in particular I think. They are not natural in their on camera dealings with their "spouse" because they are freaking out about who will see them doing or saying what.

You have to let go of that IMO for this "matching" exercise to have a chance to work.
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Plumblossom Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:51 pm

provenceguy wrote:Okay, I'll say it out loud....my first impression of Sean was that he is gay.

This made me  Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Sean Varricchio - Davina Kullar - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 14 3806527698

My initial impression of Sean was of the kid in high school who was always whining that no one liked him. I immediately couldn't stand him but I don't like Davina much better. I think all of their SM actions are playing to the people following them as if it was real time. It's so easily done that it would make sense otherwise why keep watching the show?

Plumblossom

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruqibabe Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:52 pm

provenceguy wrote:Okay, I'll say it out loud....my first impression of Sean was that he is gay.

IMO, I don't think he is gay. I think he is metrosexual like Ryan Secrest.

Ruqibabe

Back to top Go down

Post by pandora48 Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:53 pm

The fact that he saw Davina in that dress and all he could do was yell "boobies" like a teenage boy isn't helping matters.

Trying to give him the benefit of the doubt here, but I'm not understanding how he went from being very attracted to her & having an inappropriate make out session at the wedding, to just going very cold on her.

Whatever the case is, my first impression of Sean was that 'something is off' with this guy. And unfortunately a few episodes in, I still feel the same. There's just something about him that doesn't come off as genuine to me.

pandora48

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:35 pm

He was putting on a show for the cameras at the wedding, knowing exactly that it would air positively. I feel sorry for his parents who must love him very much, support him unconditionally and then had to watch that show and watch this unfold.

What changed, that Davina knows, is that two or three weeks in to the experiment many realities are sinking in, including that he can't see himself with her, and doesn't want to do anything but extricate

Also, there are many things you can do in NYC on New Year's. You need permission to film of course. But the two of them alone, not connecting naturally but rather saying things because of cameras, was so painful. Less painful than the two of them in the sad, small upper east side apartment, I guess. The fact she didn't invite her friends, or they didn't want to be there, was telling too. That was about making footage for a TV show, not about a fresh start or anything else.

Something went wrong with these two in Colorado, and I can't see how the trend can turn in their favor.
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruqibabe Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:46 pm

jlccaz wrote:He was putting on a show for the cameras at the wedding, knowing exactly that it would air positively.  I feel sorry for his parents who must love him very much, support him unconditionally and then had to watch that show and watch this unfold.

What changed, that Davina knows, is that two or three weeks in to the experiment many realities are sinking in, including that he can't see himself with her, and doesn't want to do anything but extricate

Also, there are many things you can do in NYC on New Year's.  You need permission to film of course.  But the two of them alone, not connecting naturally but rather saying things because of cameras, was so painful.  Less painful than the two of them in the sad, small upper east side apartment, I guess.  The fact she didn't invite her friends, or they didn't want to be there, was telling too.  That was about making footage for a TV show, not about a fresh start or anything else.

Something went wrong with these two in Colorado, and I can't see how the trend can turn in their favor.

Iff you go by her instagram picture, they did attend a NYE party at D BFF's place but it was off camera. IMO

Ruqibabe

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:50 pm

Ruqibabe wrote:
jlccaz wrote:He was putting on a show for the cameras at the wedding, knowing exactly that it would air positively.  I feel sorry for his parents who must love him very much, support him unconditionally and then had to watch that show and watch this unfold.

Also, there are many things you can do in NYC on New Year's.  You need permission to film of course.  But the two of them alone, not connecting naturally but rather saying things because of cameras, was so painful.  Less painful than the two of them in the sad, small upper east side apartment, I guess.  The fact she didn't invite her friends, or they didn't want to be there, was telling too.  That was about making footage for a TV show, not about a fresh start or anything else.

Iff you go by her  instagram picture, they did attend a NYE party at D BFF's place but it was off camera. IMO

(where he is asleep)
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruqibabe Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:52 pm

^ yes. Sean made a joke about the picture on his fb page.

Ruqibabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruqibabe Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:05 pm

Even though Sean is withdrawing or holding back, why can't Davina close the gap instead of complaining. Isn't that what happened to Jac aand Ryan R? Davina needs to give something emotionally. She can't keep taking.

Ruqibabe

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:47 pm

MVMom39forever wrote:
Ruqibabe wrote:^ According to Dr Logan, lastweek was their first night moving in together. The experts are trying not to babysit them so they could learn on their own. I read somewhere that the experts would check up on them in a few weeks (meaning soon).  

And, it can't come soon enough!

IMO Sean seemed very genuine during his call with Dr. C and really seemed to be listening to his advice. He then brought all this to Davina to show that he was attempting to refocus on the experiment/"them as a couple" and take it day-by-day vs. worrying about the big picture. She seemed happy so that was somewhat encouraging for about a minute.

It became very obvious as they got ready for the night and then that night the initial spark and chemistry from the wedding is just NOT there anymore. No more Davina little girl talk and looks for Ryan. Instead they looked like two people trying (really, really trying) to have a good time for the camera. They were going through motions but not enjoying it much and even their kiss at midnight was boring.

When you throw in the photo that Davina posted yesterday of Sean sleeping by her on New Year's Eve night, well ... she just further reinforced it. D&S are two people whose paths should have never crossed and will never need to cross again after the six month reunion.

I am actually surprised by her SM actions now and wonder if we got another round of drama brewing in coming episodes.  

ITA with everything you said. I've really become disappointed in Davina. She doesn't seem to try yet she's always telling Sean what she needs from him. I'd like to see him tell her what he wants from her. What's sad to me is that right now they don't even have a friendship going on and it's just so cold. They both have their issues. It seems to me like Davina is looking for what's wrong with Sean and isn't that what her friend said would happen? Sean is either just tired from the commute or withdrawn because he seems to resent moving to Manhattan. I keep thinking that there will be a breakthrough and we'd at least guess they could still be together but it's not looking like that will happen. Too bad. no no

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15498

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 79 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 46 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Married At First Sight - Season 2 - Sean Varricchio - Davina Kullar - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

+103
anOldBMW
TwinkleB13
cubequeen
radicalred
luckydee
JCB
sounproductive
Mimi27
BusyLizzie
justlistening
wharfrat