SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 51 of 69 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 60 ... 69  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 51 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by OnePromise Thu May 21, 2015 3:27 pm

I think that they released the "sex story" now in order to get all the hype out of the way early so that they could then get back to telling the "finding love story". I feel like letting Kaitlyn tell her side of the story now gets all the scandal out of the way by the time it actually airs.  This way the viewers are not as surprised and it feels less scandalized.  But they still get their ratings and viewers.  
And maybe it calms down a little before the (dare I say it) happy ending.  I think that she moves on from this pretty quickly as there were still 3 weeks of filming after the deed was done and she had to go through with at least two other guys for a number of episodes.  I'm hoping that with the scandalized sex out of the way, they would then concentrate on the real love story behind it.  Of course this would require believing that RS has been foiled.  Which in of itself would be a great piece of the season. I would think that Nick would be completely on board to shut RS up after the not so glowing reviews that he has given him the past year. It would be pay back in terms that RS understands.

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 51 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Nibbles22 Thu May 21, 2015 3:36 pm

I don't think they released the sex story to get all of the hype out of the way. They released it to create hype. If there is no love story, they sure needed something for people to talk about. Not to mention there is absolutely NO reason any of that had to be aired. Now the entire world knows she did the dirty deed with one of the bachelors before the FD, and the rest of the cast now knows too. To me it seems like they drove the proverbial bus right over Kaitlyn, and backed it up again for good measure.
Nibbles22
Nibbles22

Female Posts : 1359

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu May 21, 2015 3:51 pm

It was aired because it is this show. This is what they do. They up the ante each season to see what outrageous stuff people will watch for the sake of romance. 
We don't know what she did or did not do. We know what the previews led people to think and that is it. 
TPTB remind me of a magic act with the slight of hand and misdirection. "And now for your pleasure, please feast your eyes on this!" And everyone looks, but it's only so you won't see that.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePromise Thu May 21, 2015 3:51 pm

There is no way they would not have aired the sex stuff especially on a season with a relationship between Kaitlyn and Nick just given both of their histories with the show. Kaitlyn has always been very comfortable with sex and talking about it. As is Nick comfortable talking about it. They would always have aired the sex stuff. The questions is not if, but when. Earlier seems a better to give Kaitlyn a chance to smooth ruffled feathers and soften the blow to her "bachelorette image" especially if they wanted the impending "blow up" to calm down a little before a happy ending. Most of the viewers would accept a happy relationship between Kaitlyn and Nick with the sex scandal stuff "past" them.
It seems like this is the perfect relationship combo to usher in a new comfort level with sex and talking about it on the show. That's what they want. Sex sells.

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by OnePromise Thu May 21, 2015 3:54 pm

And I'm not even saying that the happy ending means they are together. They could be just as happy single.

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu May 21, 2015 3:56 pm

I don't get it. Why is it ok for others to do the deed before they choose their F1 but not ok in this case. Jillian/Reid JPG/Clare Bob Guiney and 5 1/2 or whatever, Andi/Nick.

I don't care how many guys are left. In the FS there are 3 guys, two of them are going to be hurt, the F1 has to accept it. Putting our own morals aside, including mine which I disagree with having sex with anyone, what is the difference.

Was Claire's family, Josh's family, Nick's family not just as hurt?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Nibbles22 Thu May 21, 2015 4:01 pm

Sex sells?   That's cliche, and it's pretty much the premise of this entire show.  If you think there is going to be a love story here, I think you are sadly mistaken.  Kaitlyn lacked class by not waiting until the FD, disregarding the feelings of every other man there.  She IS making them all look like fools.  After Ben had his romp with Courtney, the other women looked like fools.  They became vulnerable to Ben, opened up emotionally, gave their hearts to him.  He could have cared less, and seriously that's pretty much how Kailyn is coming off.  I don't care if 'sex sells' there is a time and place for everything.  This isn't a sitcom or a movie script, these are real people, real lives, and it was completely classless for her to have sex with Nick, supposed on their FIRST date!
*edit to add* IMO
Nibbles22
Nibbles22

Female Posts : 1359

Back to top Go down

Post by CHO Thu May 21, 2015 4:04 pm

I just rewatched the 2 episodes and of course inc the preview for the season. In trying to figure it all out - I was concentrating on Shawn and what I have read about Nick.

K says twice - her husband is in the room (on the first night) How could this be Nick? Or is this what she thought at the time - before she explored feelings with Nick ?
After talking with Shawn (apparently) she says this is the closest thing to love at first sight. Shawn also says this after he has talked with Shawn.

Their talking sessions on the first night seem to go well - and Shawn gets the first rose. Kaitlyn makes the move to kiss him.

There are the screen caps - in which K says she hopes they will both look back on this first night and be able to laugh at what they had to get through to find love. (How could this be Nick ? - producers present this after the season is over....) Doesn't it have to be someone present on the first night ??

About the intimacy - if it was Nick -
Why is she so unhappy? - because she really cared about Shawn and might have ruined things with him? It doesn't seem to be about her making a mistake morally. Is that why she picked no one (apparently) at the end because Shawn would find out about the intimacy with Nick when the show aired and she wanted him to process the whole thing and be sure he genuinely was still in love with her ? Wise move on her part.

It seems she was intrigued by Nick - enough to keep him on the show and maybe she wanted and needed to be sure although I'd like to think she wouldn't take a chance and mess up a good thing with Shawn .... Although it doesn't look good in some people's eyes - if she ends up with Shawn - he was there from the beginning - didn't crash the party so to speak - so none of the others can be too upset.

If it was Nick she was intimate with - why is she so upset ?? and why does she not choose him in the end ? Don't know why she would be so upset - unless she is faking. As far as not choosing N at the end - Only thing I can think of is - wanted to be sure her feelings weren't just physical - and "in the bubble" - wanted to be sure there was something substantial there. so wait til the ATFR. Wise move on her part.
If Nick is let go first - and then Shawn, I guess Nick would not know that - and perhaps still pursue K after the FRC. Will this be the end of Nick - seems he has pretty stiff competition with Chris, Ben and Jared -- for the next Bachelor. Got to admire Nick for putting himself out there and going after K.

So only thing I can not present both possibilities to at this point - is the preview screencaps saying K hopes they will look back at this first night and laugh over what they had to go through to get to the end.

Would welcome any help - sorry so disjointed !
CHO
CHO

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonina430 Thu May 21, 2015 4:07 pm

Oy vey, promise moderator's I'll say no more. Praying

Nonina430

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu May 21, 2015 4:14 pm

It's ok. This is a discussion thread. You are welcome to add something Nonina. :Nod:

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Thu May 21, 2015 4:20 pm

What about the idea that maybe it wasn't Nick she has sex with, regardless of what Steve says. Maybe it was Shawn? Have we talked about this yet?

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo47 Thu May 21, 2015 4:33 pm

OnePromise wrote:There is no way they would not have aired the sex stuff especially on a season with a relationship between Kaitlyn and Nick just given both of their histories with the show.  Kaitlyn has always been very comfortable with sex and talking about it. As is Nick comfortable talking about it.  They would always have aired the sex stuff.  The questions is not if, but when.  Earlier seems a better to give Kaitlyn a chance to smooth ruffled feathers and soften the blow to her "bachelorette image" especially if they wanted the impending "blow up" to calm down a little before a happy ending.  Most of the viewers would accept a happy relationship between Kaitlyn and Nick with the sex scandal stuff "past" them.  
It seems like this is the perfect relationship combo to usher in a new comfort level with sex and talking about it on the show.  That's what they want.  Sex sells.  

I agree the show was always going to air the sex stuff. No doubt about that. And I also agree it was a matter of when.

Timing was perfect for the season preview when RS had just spoiled Kaitlyn picks no one. This board went silent after the RS spoilers & now it's very active again. There's rejuvenated interest because people want to see how this will all play out.

The sex stuff is going to trump any other spoiler/misinformation out there. Viewers will want to see how that all factors into the ending.
jojo47
jojo47

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 51 of 69 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 60 ... 69  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+100
MiaHawk
leselihau
2observe
Amberish
umngirl
nd4reality
CHO
OnePromise
whateva
RealityEscape
Nibbles22