SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette Season 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

Page 54 of 79 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 66 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette Season 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - *Sleuthing  - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 54 Empty Re: The Bachelorette Season 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

Post by Guest Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:29 pm

wickedwitch wrote:I'm starting to wonder if TBTB actually really dislike Britt and enjoy making her look bad.  Her edit last season was not kind, and they could have  chosen guys who would pick Britt -- but they didn't.

This is what I've always thought. I think the plan was always to have Britt dumped, because they knew how much people would enjoy watching that (unfortunately). I don't think that they could have truly done this 2 Bachelorettes thing with 2 Bachelorettes that were both truly considered kind and well-liked. This contest gave mostly everyone a clear person to root for. What if it had been Whitney vs. Kaitlyn? I think people would have hated that, because no one would wanted to see either one dumped and go through that heartbreak again. And, again, I think if production had loved her so much they would have given her a better edit. There was no reason to bring up the "no showering" thing, they could have edited Britt simply leaving after apologizing to Chris (without the whole manipulation thing), and they didn't need to show Ashley talking about how Britt didn't want kids. Most of the girls probably lied and exaggerated, but she was the only called out for it.

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette Season 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - *Sleuthing  - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 54 Empty Re: The Bachelorette Season 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

Post by Alanna Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:31 pm

chasingpavements wrote:
wickedwitch wrote:I'm starting to wonder if TBTB actually really dislike Britt and enjoy making her look bad.  Her edit last season was not kind, and they could have  chosen guys who would pick Britt -- but they didn't.

This is what I've always thought. I think the plan was always to have Britt dumped, because they knew how much people would enjoy watching that (unfortunately). I don't think that they could have truly done this 2 Bachelorettes thing with 2 Bachelorettes that were both truly considered kind and well-liked. This contest gave mostly everyone a clear person to root for. What if it had been Whitney vs. Kaitlyn? I think people would have hated that, because no one would wanted to see either one dumped and go through that heartbreak again. And, again, I think if production had loved her so much they would have given her a better edit. There was no reason to bring up the "no showering" thing, they could have edited Britt simply leaving after apologizing to Chris (without the whole manipulation thing), and they didn't need to show Ashley talking about how Britt didn't want kids. Most of the girls probably lied and exaggerated, but she was the only called out for it.
I'm pretty sure Britt is an actress/hired help who is in on the plan and doesn't mind what's going on.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:31 pm

notarose wrote:^^^ Agree, ratings are king.

As to the guys not having a choice IMO TPTB simply cast more guys that said they wanted Kaitlyn as the Bette.  No need to tell anyone how to vote. Don't  they always cast the majority of peeps that express interest in the lead?  Nothing new except Britt was there as well. 
I'm curious as to whether the guys were told there were 2 Bettes before getting out of the limo. giggling

Yep! All about the ratings.

YAY! I am very excited to have Kaitlyn as official Bachelorette. :claphands

I am also very curious to see what they do with Britt. The only thing that I don't want to see is Britt accompany Kaitlyn on any of her dates. That said, I wouldn't mind seeing Britt doing something with the guys ... maybe keeping them company pool side ... when Kaitlyn is on the real dates. I highly doubt any of the guys would mind whatsoever hanging out with the beautiful Britt.

I also wouldn't mind if Britt's role is picking which guys who do not receive roses from Kaitlyn join her on BIP2. Actually, that makes a lot of sense.
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:32 pm

sfrank wrote:
Sable wrote:
sanlee088 wrote:Yay for Kaitlyn! I think if it was the other way around Kaitlyn would not have wanted to still be a part of it like Britt wants to. JMO

It's more like TPTB want to keep Britt involved because she is the one that they wanted all along.  They just did not get the memo that the majority of the fans and now the guys prefer Kaitlyn.  I think if their precious Britt had been voted to be the bachelorette by the guys, then TPTB would have kicked Katilyn out pronto, and she would not have had a role in the show at all.  I just can't understand why TPTB are going to such lengths for Britt. no idea

ITA! It's actually getting silly and embarrassing at this point - this desperation to have Britt be a part of it.
It's all gone over as well as a like a fart in church. I mean get a clue already!

ITA.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:44 pm

Alanna wrote:
chasingpavements wrote:

I'm pretty sure Britt is an actress/hired help who is in on the plan and doesn't mind what's going on.

Something happened before filming TB, that made it so Britt was going to be on our tv 2 seasons. That's what I believe. As to what "that" is--I can speculate all I want, but I am convinced they were grooming her to be our next 'Ette just as RS said early last winter.
From a waitress/wannabe actress POV, being on tv and having huge exposure, this could lead to a lot of good things whether she comes away with a man or not. In fact, the last thing on her mind last fall might have been coming away with a man.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:51 pm

notarose wrote:^^^ Agree, ratings are king.

As to the guys not having a choice IMO TPTB simply cast more guys that said they wanted Kaitlyn as the Bette.  No need to tell anyone how to vote. Don't  they always cast the majority of peeps that express interest in the lead?  Nothing new except Britt was there as well. 
I'm curious as to whether the guys were told there were 2 Bettes before getting out of the limo. giggling

Some of the guys that will be contestants this season could have been casted months ago before production even knew who was going to be the bachelorette. There is no guarantee that the guys who supposedly would have chosen Kaitlyn would have actually chosen her after meeting her and Britt. IMO, production knew who was the fan favorite and having past leads and contestants back up Kaitlyn kind of forced production into a corner. I think they were grooming Britt to be the lead since they met her, but having Kaitlyn become popular forced them into changing their plans, but they still get to keep Britt in the spotlight.

By having Kaitlyn be the "official" bachelorette, but also having Britt there on the first night and now having some role on the show it will give them exactly what they want and viewers will most definitely be happy and intrigued. I just personally don't think the guys were given a choice. Production knew what they wanted and knew what they had to do so they did it. It's going to equal great ratings for them.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:57 pm

I agree with a lot of this ^.
I don't know if it will equal great ratings. It seems like something inherent with the show itself and the timing that do ratings in. We'll see.
At least the viewers are getting something new and that is exciting.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:04 pm

How do we know Britt has a role?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:06 pm

I am in the same camp as you Kasha. It almost seems Britt had some options clause in her contract that they are working around. Or they see her as having potential somewhere in the ABC line-up somewhere. She has the looks and seemingly the ambition ... maybe to get her on the show originally she got an options clause, or a rate of pay. Or they simply like her a lot in terms of her long term value to the franchise.
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:09 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:How do we know Britt has a role?

I guess we don't really know for sure, but RS is claiming Britt has a role though he doesn't know what it is or how long it'll be.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19241

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:15 pm

bluwavz wrote:

I guess we don't really know for sure, but RS is claiming Britt has a role though he doesn't know what it is or how long it'll be.

And looking at it realistically in terms of what Britt's role would be, even for this silly show, I don't think they would keep Britt there to give advice to Kaitlyn or be her right hand woman. I certainly hope for both girls sake it isn't any sort of temptation thing, so I'm speculating and thinking perhaps Britt will be there for the first few weeks and get a shot with one of the guys that supposedly voted for her and is cut by Kaitlyn.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:23 pm

bluwavz wrote:

Maybe she will be doing Kaitlyn's makeup.

Per JLCCAZ
I am in the same camp as you Kasha. It almost seems Britt had some options clause in her contract that they are working around. Or they see her as having potential somewhere in the ABC line-up somewhere. She has the looks and seemingly the ambition ... maybe to get her on the show originally she got an options clause, or a rate of pay. Or they simply like her a lot in terms of her long term value to the franchise.
I remember hearing Emily was positioned to be the next 'Ette during her time with Brad 2.0. It appears that Chris S was being groomed for the next TB with his secret admirer role segway. It would be interesting to see if we ever find out if Chris S was actually contracted all along. Which would really suck for Arie going through that charade, but not surprising considering TPTB.
TPTB are hanging on to Britt and nothing else really makes sense.
I like the makeup girl role.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 54 of 79 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 66 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette Season 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

+104
Longhornfan
alwaystulips
ironcat
mprssdbyu
Monalisamiami83