SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette Season 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

Page 53 of 79 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 66 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette Season 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - *Sleuthing  - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 53 Empty Re: The Bachelorette Season 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

Post by Ash2214 Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:19 pm

On the first episode they could show that it was close in the voting of the girls, so many of them could have preferred Britt. I also won't be surprised if production ramps up the drama by showing some of the guys wanting Britt, not Kaitlyn similar to Ashley's season where some guys wanted Emily. If Kaitlyn let's go some of the guys each week that wanted Britt, it doesn't really come off as sloppy seconds. I see this only working though from the beginning to midway through. I think once it gets to the top six then Britt's job is done and maybe she would have something formed with a guy by then.

While it's great for me entertainment wise and I'm sure it will be good ratings for production, the more I think about it, especially if the formula is like this, it's just kind of sucky for both girls. Oh well though. They signed up for it.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette Season 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - *Sleuthing  - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 53 Empty Re: The Bachelorette Season 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

Post by sfrank Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:43 pm

Sable wrote:
sanlee088 wrote:Yay for Kaitlyn! I think if it was the other way around Kaitlyn would not have wanted to still be a part of it like Britt wants to. JMO

It's more like TPTB want to keep Britt involved because she is the one that they wanted all along.  They just did not get the memo that the majority of the fans and now the guys prefer Kaitlyn.  I think if their precious Britt had been voted to be the bachelorette by the guys, then TPTB would have kicked Katilyn out pronto, and she would not have had a role in the show at all.  I just can't understand why TPTB are going to such lengths for Britt. no idea

ITA! It's actually getting silly and embarrassing at this point - this desperation to have Britt be a part of it.
It's all gone over as well as a like a fart in church. I mean get a clue already!
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:46 pm

Sable wrote:
sanlee088 wrote:Yay for Kaitlyn! I think if it was the other way around Kaitlyn would not have wanted to still be a part of it like Britt wants to. JMO

It's more like TPTB want to keep Britt involved because she is the one that they wanted all along.  They just did not get the memo that the majority of the fans and now the guys prefer Kaitlyn.  I think if their precious Britt had been voted to be the bachelorette by the guys, then TPTB would have kicked Katilyn out pronto, and she would not have had a role in the show at all.  I just can't understand why TPTB are going to such lengths for Britt. no idea

I know? Family friend, owe someone a favor? It's weird. There are thousands of actress/waitresses in LA and they haven't cast many over the years, if they want an actress, they aren't too hard to find, and IMO they can find one who can act more "real" than Britt.

I really think the plan was to have Britt knock out Kaitlyn, but the Bachelornation majority opinion has been very clear since their announcement. Saying it was a split fan base holds zero water. I don't think they realized how popular Kaitlyn is. She's way better suited to be lead than either Des or Andi were, IMO.
I think they had to go with Kaitlyn based on the fan reaction, but had given Britt a contract and want her on tv for some reason.

Maybe something new is needed and will be fun, but I don't trust TPTB to not mess it up. We'll see. I did find BIP and Chris' season to be edited in a fun way, each were really entertaining, so maybe they have new staff brining in new life who could run with a new approach. As long as Kaitlyn is there and it's not all Britt, I'm open minded about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:51 pm

relaxing wrote:
Sable wrote:

I know?  Family friend, owe someone a favor?  It's weird.  There are thousands of actress/waitresses in LA and they haven't cast many over the years, if they want an actress, they aren't too hard to find, and IMO they can find one who can act more "real" than Britt.

I really think the plan was to have Britt knock out Kaitlyn, but the Bachelornation majority opinion has been very clear since their announcement.  Saying it was a split fan base holds zero water.  I don't think they realized how popular Kaitlyn is.  She's way better suited to be lead than either Des or Andi were, IMO.  
I think they had to go with Kaitlyn based on the fan reaction, but had given Britt a contract and want her on tv for some reason.

Maybe something new is needed and will be fun, but I don't trust TPTB to not mess it up. We'll see.  I did find BIP and Chris' season to be edited in a fun way, each were really entertaining, so maybe they have new staff brining in new life who could run with a new approach.  As long as Kaitlyn is there and it's not all Britt, I'm open minded about it.

Somehow this still seems really unfair to Kaitlyn to me...I know TPTB really don't care though.
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by Sable Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:54 pm

Ash2214 wrote:On the first episode they could show that it was close in the voting of the girls, so many of them could have preferred Britt. I also won't be surprised if production ramps up the drama by showing some of the guys wanting Britt, not Kaitlyn similar to Ashley's season where some guys wanted Emily. If Kaitlyn let's go some of the guys each week that wanted Britt, it doesn't really come off as sloppy seconds. I see this only working though from the beginning to midway through. I think once it gets to the top six then Britt's job is done and maybe she would have something formed with a guy by then.

While it's great for me entertainment wise and I'm sure it will be good ratings for production, the more I think about it, especially if the formula is like this, it's just kind of sucky for both girls. Oh well though. They signed up for it.

Bolding by me...

Plus, it really changes the format of the show and makes it something it's not meant to be, imo.  The formula for the bachelor/bachelorette has been so consistent for so long.  This major change for the bachelorette season just seems very strange to me.  A lot of people write RS about changing the format of the bachelor and bachelorette and he always says that they will never change it.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  I know the bachelorette ratings aren't that great when compared to the bachelor, but compared to other summer shows it does okay.  I don't know, not that this is high class TV at it's finest, but what they're doing with the bachelorette is just ruining it, imo.  They're bringing it down to the level of BP or BIP.  If they are making all these changes for the Bachelorette, are they going to do the same for the next season of the Bachelor?  They should expect some flack if they don't.  TPTB opened a whole can of worms, imo.  I wonder if they sort of regret their decision now?

Last edited by Sable on Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sable
Sable

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:56 pm

sfrank wrote:
Sable wrote:

ITA! It's actually getting silly and embarrassing at this point - this desperation to have Britt be a part of it.
It's all gone over as well as a like a fart in church. I mean get a clue already!

Reminds me of a Godfather movie. I can hear whispers: this is an offer you can't refuse. deadhorse

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:58 pm

Ugh why must Britt stick around!? Oh well yay for Kaitlyn!

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART
No, I never knew a love like this, Now we're picking purple irises   The Bachelorette Season 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - *Sleuthing  - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 53 1f49c

The Bachelorette Season 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - *Sleuthing  - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 53 8367-910  The Bachelorette Season 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - *Sleuthing  - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 53 I_got_13  The Bachelorette Season 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - *Sleuthing  - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 53 E5kqdm15  The Bachelorette Season 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - *Sleuthing  - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 53 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 12044

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeleever Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:10 pm

As usual, I'm late to the Kaitlyn party! Woot!

I agree with JP Rosenbaum's take on this. It created a TON of buzz around the show, which is exactly what they wanted to do. Plus, I think MF and Co love them some Britt, so they'll keep her around to further their agenda...whatevs that may be.
Beeleever
Beeleever

Female Posts : 3644

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:10 pm

Sable wrote:
Ash2214 wrote:On the first episode they could show that it was close in the voting of the girls, so many of them could have preferred Britt. I also won't be surprised if production ramps up the drama by showing some of the guys wanting Britt, not Kaitlyn similar to Ashley's season where some guys wanted Emily. If Kaitlyn let's go some of the guys each week that wanted Britt, it doesn't really come off as sloppy seconds. I see this only working though from the beginning to midway through. I think once it gets to the top six then Britt's job is done and maybe she would have something formed with a guy by then.

Bolding by me...

Plus, it really changes the format of the show and makes it something it's not meant to be, imo.  The formula for the bachelor/bachelorette has been so consistent for so long.  This major change for the bachelorette season just seems very strange to me.  A lot of people write RS about changing the format of the bachelor and bachelorette and he always says that they will never change it.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  I know the bachelorette ratings aren't that great when compared to the bachelor, but compared to other summer shows it does okay.  I don't know, not that this is high class TV at it's finest, but what they're doing with the bachelorette is just ruining it, imo.  They're bringing it down to the level of BP or BIP.  If they are making all these changes for the Bachelorette, are they going to do the same for the next season of the Bachelor?  They should expect some flack if they don't.  TPTB opened a whole can of worms, imo.  I wonder if they sort of regret their decision now?

I think for production, they knew they needed to do something different given the ratings for the past two bachelorette seasons. Just because Kaitlyn was the fan favorite it doesn't necessarily equal good ratings. We've seen that happen before. I think they were always planning on Britt, but towards the end Kaitlyn started to get a big fan base and she had the support of past leads and contestants. To be fair, while Kaitlyn has the larger fan base, Britt has a fan base too, so I think production knew that by having both girls on the show it would equal good ratings and the drama by having this new format.

I don't think the guys had a choice in who the bachelorette was going to be. I think this was planned and not something that popped up over the past week or so. Ultimately, production doesn't care about the leads, the contestants or even the format. As long as their show gets good ratings and there's hype around it, whether positive or negative, that's all they care about. I do think they're going to get both of those this season. I think it's kind of silly though because if they go with that format, they should just officially have two bachelorettes. It will definitely be interesting.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:18 pm

^^^ Agree, ratings are king.

As to the guys not having a choice IMO TPTB simply cast more guys that said they wanted Kaitlyn as the Bette.  No need to tell anyone how to vote. Don't  they always cast the majority of peeps that express interest in the lead?  Nothing new except Britt was there as well. 
I'm curious as to whether the guys were told there were 2 Bettes before getting out of the limo. giggling

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:22 pm

wickedwitch wrote:I'm starting to wonder if TBTB actually really dislike Britt and enjoy making her look bad.  Her edit last season was not kind, and they could have  chosen guys who would pick Britt -- but they didn't.

You might be onto something here. I wonder if Britt is for real (and really does stand on street corners offering FREE HUGS and really was so delusional at the WTA to think that if it wasn't for Carly she'd be Chris' final 1) ... or ... if she is a hired actress paid for by TPTB to play whatever role they ask her to play to amp up the drama in the house.
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:23 pm

Uh, I hope that's not the case. That was part of what I hated about Jillian and Ashley's season. Jillian being called unattractive by the guys, including her F1, and Ashley being made to be insecure that she's not Emily Maynard. The truth is that no lead has ever been universally liked by the cast (maybe, Andrew Firestone and Sean Lowe came close), and I just feel like it's icky to keep pointing that out to the lead. They never do that with the guys, and we know that the majority of the girls didn't like JP and Ben, but we didn't really hear about that until after the season.

I do think that this is a brilliant idea from a ratings POV, but I just have a feeling that this season is going to piss off both Britt and Kaitlyn fans and will be more like BIP/BP than anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 53 of 79 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 66 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette Season 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

+104
Longhornfan
alwaystulips
ironcat
mprssdbyu
Monalisamiami83