SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Page 12 of 47 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 29 ... 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion  - Page 12 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by julychild Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:18 pm

livlafluv1 wrote:
julychild wrote:It seems as if Chris is embarrassed/ashamed of that scene. So far, he has retweeted every sneak peek released but that one. Lets see how he will play it on Monday and in his blog.  

He hasn't retweeted the clip of his date with kaitlyn where they are in the hot tub with kimmel either.   He seems to like to retweet a lot of his publicity. Wonder if he'll start retweeting the dwts rumors too?!  I was feeling kind of neutral toward him- but I am wondering if the "prince farming" nickname is meant as a dig, as in he's no Prince Charming? Just a random thought :hidingchair

I can't remember where I read it, but apparently "Prince Farming" was a theme they were going with initially, but they have since dropped it. One of the media people (I think it was Kirsten Baldwin) said they have been advised to stop referring to him as that.

julychild

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion  - Page 12 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by KB_Mom Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:32 pm

livlafluv1 wrote:
julychild wrote:It seems as if Chris is embarrassed/ashamed of that scene. So far, he has retweeted every sneak peek released but that one. Lets see how he will play it on Monday and in his blog.  

He hasn't retweeted the clip of his date with kaitlyn where they are in the hot tub with kimmel either.   He seems to like to retweet a lot of his publicity. Wonder if he'll start retweeting the dwts rumors too?!  I was feeling kind of neutral toward him- but I am wondering if the "prince farming" nickname is meant as a dig, as in he's no Prince Charming? Just a random thought :hidingchair

I have the same random thoughts. :hidingchair   I thought I was going to like him and looked forward to the season. So far, not so much.

Stuck had an excellent analysis that the new TPTB MO is to humiliate their lead. Seems plausible (but I don't give him a pass because he went along with it).

It almost seems as if they are doing a parody\spoof of their own show. Lead us to believe we are going to see a genuine Bach (along the lines of Sean), then give us Prince Horndog instead.
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:03 pm

KB_Mom wrote:
livlafluv1 wrote:

I have the same random thoughts. :hidingchair   I thought I was going to like him and looked forward to the season. So far, not so much.

Stuck had an excellent analysis that the new TPTB MO is to humiliate their lead. Seems plausible (but I don't give him a pass because he went along with it).

It almost seems as if they are doing a parody\spoof of their own show. Lead us to believe we are going to see a genuine Bach (along the lines of Sean), then give us Prince Horndog instead.

Oh, oh, I like Prince Horndog as much as Farmer Douche! Whatever the reason Chris is playing along happily with TPTB and the women. So I lose a little more respect each time I see him.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:58 pm

livlafluv1 wrote:

This would not surprise me at all, especially considering the first promo they released of Chris in the corn fields. Much more "Children of the Corn" as many stated on here than "Field of Dreams." Literally and figuratively the whole promotion concerning Chris has been 'corny'.

I mentioned this in my previous post but if I am to state that Chris is being 'coerced' with his not so great behavior then I will take that same stance and state that Chris is being 'coerced' with his good behavior (which we have yet to see but seems likely as the women get whittled down - so more of a result of the process than his choices). Keep in mind this guy said he wishes he was a polygamist. Yes, in jest, but still. The producer's decided to show him saying that. A man that is a puppet, imo, is not a real man - show or no show.

As for the writing on the wall (aka mural of Whitney and Chris) I am unlikely to believe that that was Chris' idea. But, I am sure it will be interpreted as if he was being sooo romantic (Prince Farming and all) in allowing the producers to set that up for him. So while he gets a pass for being coerced/out of his depth/what-have-you for negative behavior, too bad that same pass is not given when things he is not actually responsible for that can be seen in a good light are attributed to him. Unbalanced viewpoint, imo.

Regardless of F1, I am more interested to see if the farming future is a reality for Chris and his fiance in the long-run. I will say that, given the group of women, it is easier for me to have more positive thoughts about the final two and them being more 'normal' (although how hard is that, really, considering the crazy model/actress/never-going-to-live-on-a-farm-contestants?). However, and this is just my personal opinion as usual, I still feel that any of these girls that went on this show knowing it was Chris as the lead is already suspect, imo, given that I have to question what they even saw in him in the first place on Andi's season. Obviously different strokes for different folks. But for once, I would just love it if a F1 turned down the lead and not just an F2 or earlier contestant for reasons that are what seems to be the case with Britt (i.e. not on the show for Chris in the first place) but because, while on the show, they get to see the real Chris and realise they don't want whatever he is selling (aka that he can 'keep the farm').

Endnote: For me, what astonishes me is that the lead on these shows, especially in the beginning are more than not actually on their BEST behavior. Putting their best foot forward, so to speak, just as one does when one is dating. So if this is Chris's best, it is sorely lacking. JMOAA.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:36 pm

I think people are being a little hard on him.
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:48 pm

This is a discussion thread so any opinion within site rules is ok. :yes:

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:56 pm

Kashathediva wrote:This is a discussion thread so any opinion within site rules is ok. :yes:
Yes Smiley I love the debate. bestbud!
Diana
Diana

Back to top Go down

Post by Fivesolas76 Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:16 pm

I'm very interested to see the dynamic between Chris and Kelsey going forward. They have had very little time together so far. I'm not sure if that's on Kelsey, Chris, or both. I know Kelsey will present herself very respectable as a Christian woman and she won't be cheap like some of the other girls. Perhaps Chris isn't attracted to her or doesn't have the same values as she does? I'm glad he does her the favor of sending her home eventually before the final 3 because she's a far classier person than he is.

Fivesolas76

Back to top Go down

Post by julychild Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:35 pm

Fivesolas76 wrote:I'm very interested to see the dynamic between Chris and Kelsey going forward. They have had very little time together so far. I'm not sure if that's on Kelsey, Chris, or both. I know Kelsey will present herself very respectable as a Christian woman and she won't be cheap like some of the other girls. Perhaps Chris isn't attracted to her or doesn't have the same values as she does? I'm glad he does her the favor of sending her home eventually before the final 3 because she's a far classier person than he is.

Kelsey went on the show to date Chris. Nope, she is not classier than he is, at least she doesn't think so.

julychild

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:40 pm

I heard Kelsey was a bitch to the other girls. I wonder if that was true.
Diana
Diana

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:45 pm

Fivesolas76 wrote:I'm very interested to see the dynamic between Chris and Kelsey going forward. They have had very little time together so far. I'm not sure if that's on Kelsey, Chris, or both. I know Kelsey will present herself very respectable as a Christian woman and she won't be cheap like some of the other girls. Perhaps Chris isn't attracted to her or doesn't have the same values as she does? I'm glad he does her the favor of sending her home eventually before the final 3 because she's a far classier person than he is.

Re the bold, is that your opinion from what you see on TV, or are you saying that as fact?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Fivesolas76 Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:46 pm

julychild wrote:

Kelsey went on the show to date Chris. Nope, she is not classier than he is, at least she doesn't think so.
Perhaps she dodged a bullet then? A lot of girls think they can mold a guy into their Prince Charming. I just couldn't see those two together in a relationship. He seems a bit immature for his age and not all that intelligent.

Fivesolas76

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 47 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 29 ... 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

+65
northernviewer
Litta123
MVMom39forever
ironcat
MiaHawk