SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Page 13 of 47 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 30 ... 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion  - Page 13 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by Fivesolas76 Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:48 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:
Fivesolas76 wrote:I'm very interested to see the dynamic between Chris and Kelsey going forward. They have had very little time together so far. I'm not sure if that's on Kelsey, Chris, or both. I know Kelsey will present herself very respectable as a Christian woman and she won't be cheap like some of the other girls. Perhaps Chris isn't attracted to her or doesn't have the same values as she does? I'm glad he does her the favor of sending her home eventually before the final 3 because she's a far classier person than he is.

Re the bold, is that your opinion from what you see on TV, or are you saying that as fact?

I'm aware of her faith. If you do some digging you will find she's been active in the Christian community.

Fivesolas76

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion  - Page 13 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by julychild Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:52 pm

Actually a large number of the girls this season are Christians. This must have been one of Chris' requirements. Although we hardly see him proclaiming his faith, if you go by the casting one can tell what he wants.

julychild

Back to top Go down

Post by Fivesolas76 Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:58 pm

julychild wrote:Actually a large number of the girls this season are Christians. This must have been one of Chris' requirements. Although we hardly see him proclaiming his faith, if you go by the casting one can tell what he wants.

Saying you're a Christian and living a Christian life are not always synonymous. If Chris is a man of faith, I'm dissapointed that he hasn't mentioned it at least. Or maybe ABC doesn't want him to.

Fivesolas76

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:13 pm

I cannot attest to Chris' religious values, but what I can say is only a tiny fraction of what is filmed is aired. Most of what is filmed ends up on the cutting floor.
What is aired is left in to follow the desired storyline.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:27 pm

IMO it doesn't matter whether the contestants are Christian or not. They will edit the contestant which ever way they see fit.

If Chris isn't mentioning his faith, probably because that's not the direction they want the story line to go, which IMO is obvious considering the contestant backgrounds, or 2. he's not one to proclaim his faith or doesn't follow any particular Religion. I don't recall him ever speaking about Religion, unless I missed it.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Fivesolas76 Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:33 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:IMO it doesn't matter whether the contestants are Christian or not. They will edit the contestant which ever way they see fit.

If Chris isn't mentioning his faith, probably because that's not the direction they want the story line to go, which IMO is obvious considering the contestant backgrounds, or 2. he's not one to proclaim his faith or doesn't follow any particular Religion. I don't recall him ever speaking about Religion, unless I missed it.

agreed in the context of the show. They're either Christians or they're not and faith isn't something the show can take away from the contestants. I'm just curious whether religious compatibility plays a role, and by how much, in him choosing a wife.

Fivesolas76

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:42 pm

^If I had to guess, I don't think it's high on his list. He could be one of those people who never mentions their faith, but I haven't really seen any indications on the show or social media that faith is that important in his life.

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion  - Page 13 87b72b10 Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion  - Page 13 86669110 Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion  - Page 13 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by mtnlvr55 Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:51 pm

Fivesolas76 wrote:
julychild wrote:Actually a large number of the girls this season are Christians. This must have been one of Chris' requirements. Although we hardly see him proclaiming his faith, if you go by the casting one can tell what he wants.

Saying you're a Christian and living a Christian life are not always synonymous. If Chris is a man of faith, I'm dissapointed that he hasn't mentioned it at least. Or maybe ABC doesn't want him to.
Based on prior seasons, the producers do not want to show deep discussions regarding important beliefs. Sean really forced the issue but I don't think he got to talk about it as much as he would have liked to. (or at least it wasn't shown.)
We don't know for sure what Chris's beliefs are. They have not allowed us to see what they are. 

Again, we are VERY early in the season. The first night is always a blur. The 2nd date (week) had him dating a 21 year old who believes in aliens(or wants to know if Chris does) and a girl with a boyfriend at home. If you watch the Grand Canyon date, SHE moves his hand to her thigh and pushes the intimacy. 

I think his biggest problem is that he is TOO nice and doesn't tell the women to stop, from the belly ring rubbing, to saying that since Mackenzie has a child she could be a good wife, to not calling out Ashley for being flat out crazy or drunk. He could say that a 21 year old is too young to have a baby(and leave him at home while she is on TV) and that rubbing the belly ring isn't all that appropriate or that maybe Ashley isn't in the right situation and send her home but he goes along so that he doesn't hurt their feelings. The idea of being too nice can be perceived as weakness. It's sort of sad that being nice is seen as a personality deficiency: I've experienced this myself in the workplace where management thinks kindness isn't a good management style. But, trust me, the idea of catching more flies with honey than vinegar works--almost always. :Nod:  

He's getting some attention that he isn't used to getting in this process. The man was engaged for some time and says that there are very few women in his area. No question he is enjoying this new smorgasbord of women. I want him to settle down and stop kissing everyone(I don't think the Jade on the bed incident was his best choice.) and concentrate on finding a woman who is compatible to his lifestyle and personality.  I hope has told his F1 that there is a lot of kissing going on and that in the future the only person he is kissing is her.
mtnlvr55
mtnlvr55

Female Posts : 1420

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:54 pm

Kaitlyn Bristowe@kaitlynbristowe
The best third wheel I could have ever asked for. @jimmykimmel #thebachelor #dreamdate
Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion  - Page 13 B7uzziPCYAAskCz
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:57 pm

HollywoodLife Verified account @HollywoodLife  
Surprise Surprise: There's a steamy make out ... in a bed on tonight's #TheBachelor
Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion  - Page 13 B7v2Y3gIcAA3rXC

‘The Bachelor': Chris & Jade ‘Test Out The Bed’ – Watch Steamy Make Out (video)
http://hollywoodlife.com/2015/01/19/the-bachelor-chris-jade-make-out-in-bed-video/
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:31 pm

Diana wrote:I think people are being a little hard on him.
I totally agree. I know it can be easy sometimes considering this crazy franchise to think there are other alternative reasons to do this silly show, but for me, I am trying to keep an open mind and not get swept up by the machine, albeit it could be hard. Again, only speaking for myself of course.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10816

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:47 pm

mtnlvr55 wrote:
Fivesolas76 wrote:

Based on prior seasons, the producers do not want to show deep discussions regarding important beliefs. Sean really forced the issue but I don't think he got to talk about it as much as he would have liked to. (or at least it wasn't shown.)
We don't know for sure what Chris's beliefs are. They have not allowed us to see what they are. 

Again, we are VERY early in the season. The first night is always a blur. The 2nd date (week) had him dating a 21 year old who believes in aliens(or wants to know if Chris does) and a girl with a boyfriend at home. If you watch the Grand Canyon date, SHE moves his hand to her thigh and pushes the intimacy. 

I think his biggest problem is that he is TOO nice
and doesn't tell the women to stop, from the belly ring rubbing, to saying that since Mackenzie has a child she could be a good wife, to not calling out Ashley for being flat out crazy or drunk. He could say that a 21 year old is too young to have a baby(and leave him at home while she is on TV) and that rubbing the belly ring isn't all that appropriate or that maybe Ashley isn't in the right situation and send her home but he goes along so that he doesn't hurt their feelings. The idea of being too nice can be perceived as weakness. It's sort of sad that being nice is seen as a personality deficiency: I've experienced this myself in the workplace where management thinks kindness isn't a good management style. But, trust me, the idea of catching more flies with honey than vinegar works--almost always. :Nod:  

He's getting some attention that he isn't used to getting in this process. The man was engaged for some time and says that there are very few women in his area. No question he is enjoying this new smorgasbord of women. I want him to settle down and stop kissing everyone(I don't think the Jade on the bed incident was his best choice.) and concentrate on finding a woman who is compatible to his lifestyle and personality.  I hope has told his F1 that there is a lot of kissing going on and that in the future the only person he is kissing is her.

Love the post and agree with the bolds.  

Also worth pointing out IMO, is that the last lead that was a really down to earth, nice, regular person who somehow ended up the lead on this crazy show, who many said was too boring and who kissed more than her share of her guys is being celebrated for her wedding to her F1 today.

The end of the story is a long and winding road away from where we are tonight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 47 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 30 ... 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

+65
northernviewer
Litta123
MVMom39forever
ironcat
MiaHawk