SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Page 11 of 47 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 29 ... 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion  - Page 11 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by momoftrips Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:26 pm

Kimmel in the hot tub with Kaitlyn and Chris:

Awkward! Jimmy Kimmel Crashes 'The Bachelor's' Hot Tub Makeout Session

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion  - Page 11 2dhsaj4
momoftrips
momoftrips

Female Posts : 3098

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion  - Page 11 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by Kashathediva Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:36 pm

Now all we need is Sara Silverman joining the hot tub while Chris is there with the F1 singing I ________ed Chris Soules vs Matt Damon.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:14 pm

Kashathediva wrote:Now all we need is Sara Silverman joining the hot tub while Chris is there with the F1 singing I ________ed Chris Soules vs Matt Damon.

No Kidding!!!

I can't believe this. The ratings my be better because of JK but I'm pretty sure they'll tank again. This is insane.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by KB_Mom Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:18 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:Now all we need is Sara Silverman joining the hot tub while Chris is there with the F1 singing I ________ed Chris Soules vs Matt Damon.

No Kidding!!!

I can't believe this. The ratings my be better because of JK but I'm pretty sure they'll tank again. This is insane.

Did they realize very early in filming process they had a ratings dud on their hands and go beg Kimmel to come on and inject some humor and as a ploy for ratings?
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:35 pm

I think they wanted to get JK involved for awhile now. He does the little skits with the lead every season and this is just like that but on a bigger scale. I'm looking forward to it. Let's be real, most people don't watch for the lead. They watch for the contestants, the drama, and the longshot of a love story.

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion  - Page 11 87b72b10 Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion  - Page 11 86669110 Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion  - Page 11 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:43 pm

Hi all! Did anyone get their hands on the ABC Medianet pics for Ep3?

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:47 pm

eversotrue wrote:I dont feel sorry for anyone, F1 included. They ALL knew the possibilities of what could happen during the show. They all signed contracts, took tests, etc. They went through this whole long a** process to get on the show and potentially "fall in love", so if they were willing to waste (put time into) doing all that.... Then they should be prepared for it all.

Totally agree!
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:46 am

nutty1 wrote:
AEF wrote:It wouldn't surprise me if the producers suggested Jade ask for a tour of Chris's house then asked to take some shots of them on the bed knowing Jade's background and knowing how good it would be for promoting the show. I think at some stage someone suggested the s/c in the preview may have been edited. Chris of course did not have to participate as actively as it appears. If they had clothes on it probably would not look the way it did.

I can totally seeing it going down this way.

I have to wonder if TPTB are not really too happy with Chris, because some of my friends think he is getting edited like another horn dog.
There are many statements by CH that dispute this but, IMO, I felt this way the minute that Andi's season was ending and the majority of the public were vying for "Chris, Chris, Chris!" and then at ATFR there was still hesitancy in announcing that Chris was to be the next Bach (and subsequently it was announced at a later date). I don't think they really wanted him - not at first. He definitely was NOT first choice. So, what I saw back then was so reminiscent of what happened with JPG. Most of the public going nuts over him (which I never understood back then, but to each their own...). I wasn't keen on JPG (looks/personality/values/behavior-wise, etc.) nor of Chris, but once again most of the public was again all about Chris. I just shook my head when it was announced.

Often we watch these shows, and those of us who have done so for many years, become desensitized to the lead's behavior. It is all par for the course, so to speak. But, for me, that is okay if one is just being neutral about the lead and story. I cannot support and be in love with who the lead is when they behave like an adolescent boy instead of a 33 year old man. Yes, I know the show is the Bachelor with many women, but how the lead behaves is still on THEM. Puppet, coerced, women jumping their bones.... whatever, it is still a choice that they make in how they respond. When comparing Chris to the worst in this show's history it is easy to give him a pass. But that is not where the bar should be, imo. He should be compared to the best that a man should be given the circumstances and so far he falls short, drastically short. So no *passes* given to Chris from me for his behavior. No passing go. No collecting the money in this game of monopolizing women.  Rolling Eyes

I am trying to keep an open mind but feel that the best of Chris will be just as coerced as the worst of him. And that is where I have a problem. It seems easy to say, "Chris is acting this way because of the women, or the producers, etc" but then, when he behaves well, does something nice (the note to Britt? the mural on the wall with Whitney? his proposal by his farm?) he gets credit for that as if it is authentically who he is?? I am just not buying that at all. It is purely projection at best to view it that way, IMO and of course it is more acceptable from the public and Chris himself once he has less women to do the same things he is doing with many women. But it is still similar behavior. Where's the lead-er? The backbone? Being more than just better than the worst of past leads? Time and less women don't do enough to qualify him as 'stepping up, finally', imo. The whole notion and reason he has given for being on the show is nonsense. With such a high profile women were flocking to him and asking him out on dates. The aww-shucks, I am a country boy now prince farming is not genuine, imo. I know many genuine country-boys that love farming and plan to stay in that lifestyle and they would stay far away from these shows because it is counter to who they are or want to be.

Just my two cents. hmmm
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by julychild Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:14 pm

It seems as if Chris is embarrassed/ashamed of that scene. So far, he has retweeted every sneak peek released but that one. Lets see how he will play it on Monday and in his blog.

julychild

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:30 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:
nutty1 wrote:
AEF wrote:It wouldn't surprise me if the producers suggested Jade ask for a tour of Chris's house then asked to take some shots of them on the bed knowing Jade's background and knowing how good it would be for promoting the show. I think at some stage someone suggested the s/c in the preview may have been edited. Chris of course did not have to participate as actively as it appears. If they had clothes on it probably would not look the way it did.

I can totally seeing it going down this way.

I have to wonder if TPTB are not really too happy with Chris, because some of my friends think he is getting edited like another horn dog.
There are many statements by CH that dispute this but, IMO, I felt this way the minute that Andi's season was ending and the majority of the public were vying for "Chris, Chris, Chris!" and then at ATFR there was still hesitancy in announcing that Chris was to be the next Bach (and subsequently it was announced at a later date). I don't think they really wanted him - not at first. He definitely was NOT first choice. So, what I saw back then was so reminiscent of what happened with JPG. Most of the public going nuts over him (which I never understood back then, but to each their own...). I wasn't keen on JPG (looks/personality/values/behavior-wise, etc.) nor of Chris, but once again most of the public was again all about Chris. I just shook my head when it was announced.

Often we watch these shows, and those of us who have done so for many years, become desensitized to the lead's behavior. It is all par for the course, so to speak. But, for me, that is okay if one is just being neutral about the lead and story. I cannot support and be in love with who the lead is when they behave like an adolescent boy instead of a 33 year old man. Yes, I know the show is the Bachelor with many women, but how the lead behaves is still on THEM. Puppet, coerced, women jumping their bones.... whatever, it is still a choice that they make in how they respond. When comparing Chris to the worst in this show's history it is easy to give him a pass. But that is not where the bar should be, imo. He should be compared to the best that a man should be given the circumstances and so far he falls short, drastically short. So no *passes* given to Chris from me for his behavior. No passing go. No collecting the money in this game of monopolizing women.  Rolling Eyes

I am trying to keep an open mind but feel that the best of Chris will be just as coerced as the worst of him. And that is where I have a problem. It seems easy to say, "Chris is acting this way because of the women, or the producers, etc" but then, when he behaves well, does something nice (the note to Britt? the mural on the wall with Whitney? his proposal by his farm?) he gets credit for that as if it is authentically who he is?? I am just not buying that at all. It is purely projection at best to view it that way, IMO and of course it is more acceptable from the public and Chris himself once he has less women to do the same things he is doing with many women. But it is still similar behavior. Where's the lead-er? The backbone? Being more than just better than the worst of past leads? Time and less women don't do enough to qualify him as 'stepping up, finally', imo. The whole notion and reason he has given for being on the show is nonsense. With such a high profile women were flocking to him and asking him out on dates. The aww-shucks, I am a country boy now prince farming is not genuine, imo. I know many genuine country-boys that love farming and plan to stay in that lifestyle and they would stay far away from these shows because it is counter to who they are or want to be.

Just my two cents. hmmm

Thank you! You nailed how I have been feeling. clapping!
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:41 pm

This could be the scene the girls want an apology for, the tent thing could be innocent.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by livlafluv1 Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:10 pm

julychild wrote:It seems as if Chris is embarrassed/ashamed of that scene. So far, he has retweeted every sneak peek released but that one. Lets see how he will play it on Monday and in his blog.  

He hasn't retweeted the clip of his date with kaitlyn where they are in the hot tub with kimmel either. He seems to like to retweet a lot of his publicity. Wonder if he'll start retweeting the dwts rumors too?! I was feeling kind of neutral toward him- but I am wondering if the "prince farming" nickname is meant as a dig, as in he's no Prince Charming? Just a random thought :hidingchair
livlafluv1
livlafluv1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 47 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 29 ... 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode 3 - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

+65
northernviewer
Litta123
MVMom39forever
ironcat
MiaHawk