SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor Australia - Season 2 - Blake Garvey - ATFR - *Spoilers* - Media & Social Media Discussion #2

Page 52 of 78 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 65 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor Australia - Season 2 - Blake Garvey - ATFR - *Spoilers* - Media & Social Media Discussion #2 - Page 52 Empty Re: The Bachelor Australia - Season 2 - Blake Garvey - ATFR - *Spoilers* - Media & Social Media Discussion #2

Post by emusha Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:01 pm

his semantic avoidance points directly at blake's shadyness!!
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor Australia - Season 2 - Blake Garvey - ATFR - *Spoilers* - Media & Social Media Discussion #2 - Page 52 Empty Re: The Bachelor Australia - Season 2 - Blake Garvey - ATFR - *Spoilers* - Media & Social Media Discussion #2

Post by ellmack Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:01 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:DailyMail: 'Stop being nasty to my son!' Blake Garvey's furious mother breaks her silence to deny The Bachelor collects childish dolls
Pleading for the 'mud-slinging' to stop amid fears for his reputation and career prospects, she told Daily Mail Australia the ten dolls are actually part of her own 50-strong collection of toys arranged in the spare room of her five-bedroom house in Perth.

I really feel for Andrea with this. I'm glad she has said something as I think people forget that by constantly trashing Blake both in print media and social media, that they are also hurting his family and in particular his mum. She didn't sign up for this, Blake's grandma and aunty also didn't sign up for this. Wouldn't surprise me if these ladies are also being harassed to some degree as well. As a mum too, I can imagine how worried Andrea is, not just for Blake's future but also his mental health. Our children are precious and we just want to love and protect them, even when they do make a mess of things. Yes I have called Blake a flog on more than one occassion, but I do hope that he somehow manages to grow from this experience and learn something, and I hope he manages to keep his sanity. I wish him no ill-will.
ellmack
ellmack

Female Posts : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:26 pm

ellmack wrote:
I really feel for Andrea with this. I'm glad she has said something as I think people forget that by constantly trashing Blake both in print media and social media, that they are also hurting his family and in particular his mum. She didn't sign up for this, Blake's grandma and aunty also didn't sign up for this. Wouldn't surprise me if these ladies are also being harassed to some degree as well.  As a mum too, I can imagine how worried Andrea is, not just for Blake's future but also his mental health. Our children are precious and we just want to love and protect them, even when they do make a mess of things. Yes I have called Blake a flog on more than one occassion, but I do hope that he somehow manages to grow from this experience and learn something, and I hope he manages to keep his sanity. I wish him no ill-will.

It is why I said that the crux of the whole matter is Shine/Channel10 having chosen him as TBAU in the first place. He never should have been cast as the bachelor and he should never have signed up for it. His willingness to act while on the show but not off is what has done him in. His whole approach of *being in the moment* rather than *finding the one* has hurt him in the long run. The price of fame comes too steep for some. He really should get some help... As you said, wishing him no ill-will.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by dirtystreetpie Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:54 pm

HodanG wrote:
dirtystreetpie wrote:The cabbage patch story is ridiculous.  His mum has a spare bedroom downstairs where she keeps her doll collection. Blake is not the collector. And he did live with his mum for 6 months or so but moved out again about a month before the show began filming.  He most definitely is playing a word game with the tweet.  He doesn't own a strip club but he does own alpha male.   Semantics.

I can see how the drunk calls may have been a possibility however, I have received a call or two from a drunk Blake so that's a double standard on his part.  Not surprised by it though.

I still think we may never know the truth.

Do you know Blake or something?

Yes I do

dirtystreetpie

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:27 am

dirtystreetpie wrote:
HodanG wrote:
dirtystreetpie wrote:The cabbage patch story is ridiculous.  His mum has a spare bedroom downstairs where she keeps her doll collection. Blake is not the collector. And he did live with his mum for 6 months or so but moved out again about a month before the show began filming.  He most definitely is playing a word game with the tweet.  He doesn't own a strip club but he does own alpha male.   Semantics.

I can see how the drunk calls may have been a possibility however, I have received a call or two from a drunk Blake so that's a double standard on his part.  Not surprised by it though.

I still think we may never know the truth.

Yes I do

Welcome Laurina! LOL
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5419

Back to top Go down

Post by HodanG Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:24 am

Norcalgal wrote:
dirtystreetpie wrote:
HodanG wrote:

Yes I do

Welcome Laurina!   LOL

HAHHAA laurina
HodanG
HodanG

Back to top Go down

Post by bacheliar Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:12 am

Found this forum the other day, and boy how entertaining is all this post TBAU sleuthing!

With all the focus here on the on-screen characters and their shenanigans, I offer another perspective...

Ten Network Holdings, an ASX listed corporation is not doing so well lately. Check out their stock chart and the public 'strong sell' recommendations. And that is despite hosting some of Australia's biggest shows... Stock is in nosedive and 5+ CEO's in the past few years are not turning things around, making even famous billionaires leave. Declining TV advertising revenues are to blame - duh - we have lived in a pull economy for a while, disruptive institutional reinvention is on order.

Then there is a potential argument to be made that the legal entities involved have knowingly breached fair trading laws, by providing false advertising, misleading information and selling 'high priced' time slots to unsuspecting advertisers. Contestants, advertisers and the viewing public alike could join forces to explore the viability of a class-action lawsuit against Ten, to compensate for the time spent in lieu for watching a farcical show that leaves many with a sour taste afterwards (consequential damages may be a stretch...). Advertised as reality, it should be categorised as an ill-planned and executed controversial fiction. With all those facts on here alone adding up, it should be a lawyers picnic.

Finally, as a self confessed accountable firm, Ten tweeted of their own hypocrisy when on the night of the FRC on Oct 2 they congratulated Blake and Sam, in full knowledge of their brake up. Then the next day they went further boasting about the 2.1Mn - or so - viewers being a 'reality tv' record, a tweet since deleted...

In conclusion, remember that media firms (news & entertainment) care about their shareholders and executive compensation first. All else is inferior, and the characters are soon forgotten, so milk your endorsements, contracts and labels as hard as you can.

As tasteless as these shows are IMO, the reading about the aftermath has been quite entertaining. Pity for Ten they cannot coin that. Thanks to you all.

bacheliar

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:04 am

bacheliar wrote:Found this forum the other day, and boy how entertaining is all this post TBAU sleuthing!

With all the focus here on the on-screen characters and their shenanigans, I offer another perspective...

Ten Network Holdings, an ASX listed corporation is not doing so well lately. Check out their stock chart and the public 'strong sell' recommendations. And that is despite hosting some of Australia's biggest shows... Stock is in nosedive and 5+ CEO's in the past few years are not turning things around, making even famous billionaires leave. Declining TV advertising revenues are to blame - duh - we have lived in a pull economy for a while, disruptive institutional reinvention is on order.

Then there is a potential argument to be made that the legal entities involved have knowingly breached fair trading laws, by providing false advertising, misleading information and selling 'high priced' time slots to unsuspecting advertisers. Contestants, advertisers and the viewing public alike could join forces to explore the viability of a class-action lawsuit against Ten, to compensate for the time spent in lieu for watching a farcical show that leaves many with a sour taste afterwards (consequential damages may be a stretch...). Advertised as reality, it should be categorised as an ill-planned and executed controversial fiction. With all those facts on here alone adding up, it should be a lawyers picnic.

Finally, as a self confessed accountable firm, Ten tweeted of their own hypocrisy when on the night of the FRC on Oct 2 they congratulated Blake and Sam, in full knowledge of their brake up. Then the next day they went further boasting about the 2.1Mn - or so - viewers being a 'reality tv' record, a tweet since deleted...

In conclusion, remember that media firms (news & entertainment) care about their shareholders and executive compensation first. All else is inferior, and the characters are soon forgotten, so milk your endorsements, contracts and labels as hard as you can.

As tasteless as these shows are IMO, the reading about the aftermath has been quite entertaining. Pity for Ten they cannot coin that. Thanks to you all.

Welcome1 bacheliar! Thanks for sharing all this information. I enjoyed reading and now knowing the situation with Ten.
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:54 am

HodanG wrote:
Norcalgal wrote:
dirtystreetpie wrote:

Yes I do

Welcome Laurina!   LOL

HAHHAA laurina

I think she's an ex from before the show.

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:13 pm

All you Aussie posters have added greatly to this season's discussion. We're so much more alike than different, especially when it comes to corporate policy!

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5419

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:06 pm

For those who may doubt whether Blake owns Alpha Male Entertainment,  Elite Auctions,  Alpha Angels....
The Bachelor Australia - Season 2 - Blake Garvey - ATFR - *Spoilers* - Media & Social Media Discussion #2 - Page 52 <a href=The Bachelor Australia - Season 2 - Blake Garvey - ATFR - *Spoilers* - Media & Social Media Discussion #2 - Page 52 Bz4vlf10
Source: http://abr.business.gov.au/SearchByAbn.aspx?abn=51587698292

Link to Elite Auctions director,  Blake Garvey
http://www.eliteauctions.com.au/about.php
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:57 pm

bacheliar wrote:Found this forum the other day, and boy how entertaining is all this post TBAU sleuthing!

I think that suing is a good idea. Funny how those laws apply to other businesses, but not to network 'reality' tv shows.
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 52 of 78 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 65 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor Australia - Season 2 - Blake Garvey - ATFR - *Spoilers* - Media & Social Media Discussion #2

+35
eirekay
notarose
Wendy
alanacafe
Sprite
bacheliar
Tania27
Kashathediva
Gina
Floss
ellmack