SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor Australia - Season 2 - Blake Garvey - ATFR - *Spoilers* - Media & Social Media Discussion #2

Page 18 of 78 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 48 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor Australia - Season 2 - Blake Garvey - ATFR - *Spoilers* - Media & Social Media Discussion #2 - Page 18 Empty Re: The Bachelor Australia - Season 2 - Blake Garvey - ATFR - *Spoilers* - Media & Social Media Discussion #2

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:22 pm

I watched Blake speaking in the interview and something struck me that goes along with what I am weirded out by.

He never makes anything personal, or assumes ownership of what he is saying...
He should be saying "When WE had that time together..." Everything seems like an analogy or recitation instead. 

On how Blake broke the news to Sam:
“We met up in person and just talked over it.
When you have that time together and you feel that it’s not quite right, you have to listen to your heart. You have to trust your gut and that’s what I’ve done and that’s why I’m in this position now. “
“That’s a difficult thing. It’s hard because I do love Sam, she’s just a beautiful person” *Bachie tears*

Read more at http://www.mamamia.com.au/entertainment/blake-garvey-project-interview/#3t5gZfO0Ll60lTzc.99

Strange how his reasons for falling in love with Sam are the same reasons for falling out of love with Sam...

"you have to listen to your heart. You have to trust your gut and that’s what I’ve done and that’s why I’m in this position now."

All of them now. ... and all of them have (by the looks of it, Sam included) have moved on. 

“I’ve had my heart broken throughout this, because I’ve said goodbye to many many incredible women. All of them now. And that’s going to take time to heal.”
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor Australia - Season 2 - Blake Garvey - ATFR - *Spoilers* - Media & Social Media Discussion #2 - Page 18 Empty Re: The Bachelor Australia - Season 2 - Blake Garvey - ATFR - *Spoilers* - Media & Social Media Discussion #2

Post by emusha Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:33 pm

mercieme wrote:Hello dear fellow boardies....I am at work & just watched the interview. Oh poor Sam, I really felt for her about Blake taking that moment from her.

Y'all for realz, Blakey boy is not ok, seemed kinda unstable in that interview, Channel 10 better check him into rehab or something. Something in his core believes the world revolves around him...everything he said just came out wrong period. I understand the point of those defending Blake but never in the history of these series has there been a bachelor that demonstrated such narcissistic tendencies. I am willing to give him a pass that this is a psychological trait he developed from childhood & oh yes there is someone else in the picture otherwise he would have said capital NO to that question.

It's been a blast since the finale, can't wait to hear what Blakey has to say tomorrow, maybe he will be announcing his new love interest giggling

hahahaha it's certainly been cringe-eyepopping every other minute!!

i do think the interview was edited very weirdly! do you guys get that sense? it had him talking about himself and the inserted laughter made him totally absurd...that might be a feature the project show has but it makes him come off pretty crayy crayyy
we've seen quite a few women come in this franchise become a bit unhinged...this might be the first time a guy might have experienced it...

i wonder if he just didn't know how to set boundaries and limitations for himself going into this...he even comes off traumatized to me a bit -- it makes me totally puzzled that he'd shut off completely after proposing -- totally agree with u allforlove that is super creepy that he acted in love during the interview period ...maybe he was just emotionally drained and he started getting this "blake bachie brain no compute" error
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:38 pm

Haven't had time to comment all along this 'journey' with you post-show. Appreciate all the commentary and links to interviews and copies of tweets. I just wish nothing but the best for Sam. And to Blake, my mother's adage "you make your bed and then lie in it" seems so apropos.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5419

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:43 pm

emusha wrote:
emusha wrote:hahahaha it's certainly been cringe-eyepopping every other minute!!

i do think the interview was edited very weirdly! do you guys get that sense? it had him talking about himself and the inserted laughter made him totally absurd...that might be a feature the project show has but it makes him come off pretty crayy crayyy 

I agree. I think they had no choice but to do so when he started talking about all the other women. He was there to talk about what happened between him and Sam. He was more heartbroken about all the women than the one whom he dumped. I think they were in disbelief. I know I was. And then Sam's comment? Jackass? Yah, they knew he was trying to pull one over them and so they gave it back. Set up or not, he chose his words. His focus was on himself and no one else.

ETA: it also shows how editing plays a HUGE difference in how Blake is perceived. Imagine if he had been edited this way during the season? There definitely was a shift in tone as soon as they arrived in South Africa and now Bachie who fell for one had fell for all.

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:47 pm

hahaha yup i think ur mom's adage fits exactly here

it's quite absurd that the plausible explanations for blake's behavior have now come down to
1. he's gay
2. he was pretending throughout and then finally said 'I've had enough'
3. he is emotionally unstable
4. he's narcissistic and self-serving but then got caught in too deep
5. he is a commitment phobe whose phobia flared up dramatically right after he declared he had no doubts
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:47 pm

Norcalgal wrote:Haven't had time to comment all along this 'journey' with you post-show.  Appreciate all the commentary and links to interviews and copies of tweets.  I just wish nothing but the best for Sam.  And to Blake, my mother's adage "you make your bed and then lie in it" seems so apropos.  
clapping!
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:48 pm

emusha wrote:hahaha yup i think ur mom's adage fits exactly here

it's quite absurd that the plausible explanations for blake's behavior have now come down to
1. he's gay
2. he was pretending throughout and then finally said 'I've had enough'
3. he is emotionally unstable
4. he's narcissistic and self-serving but then got caught in too deep
5. he is a commitment phobe whose phobia flared up dramatically right after he declared he had no doubts

Or all of the above...

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJ Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:50 pm

Something that is confusing me is the timing of the break up!

The Daily Mail article that was posted earlier says that they broke up just hours before the final episode was shown but the pic Sam posted on instagram shows her watching the ep with friends and laughing as she watched. I can't imagine being able to laugh at something like that on the same day that I had my heart broken! And then to be able to do a filmed interview the very next day? I feel like something doesn't add up!

JJJ

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:55 pm

JJJ wrote:Something that is confusing me is the timing of the break up!

The Daily Mail article that was posted earlier says that they broke up just hours before the final episode was shown but the pic Sam posted on instagram shows her watching the ep with friends and laughing as she watched. I can't imagine being able to laugh at something like that on the same day that I had my heart broken! And then to be able to do a filmed interview the very next day? I feel like something doesn't add up!  

In the interview he clearly went to meet with her to break up in person. They said 5 weeks later it was over but who knows the exact time. Regardless, if you've watched the interview already you will clearly see that Sam knew right after the proposal that he was switched off. She said he didn't even want to try even though she wanted to... one can safely infer that it was over the minute the cameras stopped rolling. He just dragged out officially dumping her until 5 weeks later. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWmfVfA2M4o&feature=youtu.be
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJ Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:41 pm

Thanks for the link! I didn't see that earlier so hadn't watched it yet.

That cleared up the timing issue, it was obviously a mistake on the daily mail's part (or daily fail as it was called in here before!). It explains Sam looking so sad in some of the photos now.

She is such a beautiful, genuine person. I can't believe he would do this to her when she was so open with him about her life and being hurt in the past! She was so much more open with him than any of the other girls. I hope she gets so much success from the show and I hope we get to see more of her on TV!

I can't believe he couldn't even give it a go...been a couple openly for a while and seen how it went!

It makes me angry that he says he got caught up in the moment and that's why he proposed when he clearly planned to from the start. He said so many times during the show "my future wife" could be here. I think the outcome of the final two would be so different if Jess wasn't so against the idea of marriage. He knew she would say no and that's why she went home.

And through the whole interview my, my, my, my, my!!! My heart, my journey blah, blah, blah! What about Sam's heart! And all of the other girls that opened up to him and he sent them home! He led Lisa on when he was sending her away as well! And Jess...making her say what he wanted to hear before he sent her home! The only one I don't remember him doing that with is Louise. And the only one he didn't cry about as well! It makes me wonder if he knew that it wasn't the end with her, that she'd take him back if he asked.

And Louise's silence has been so telling! No denials, no support for Sam. Tonight when it all went down and she posts a picture from her dinner and likes a post from the BachelorAU from a week ago!

Sorry for the long post but after the watching the interview I am so angry! Both at Blake and at Channel 10 for playing Sam and us like that! I needed to vent!

JJJ

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:01 pm

JJJ you're not alone...i think many people are mad at him -- and that interview and its editing didn't help! it comes off that he really hurt sam and she was completely blindsided  - i wonder how influential production was egging him on? now they get to sit back and roast him
i did want to add one last possible reason for his behavior - felt like was bashing him without balancing it out with some level of sanity

6. he had good intentions but was too confused (pretty immature but the bubble, and people make mistakes etc etc) to understand what he really wants - if this is the case he need to at some point show some self-awareness and empathy and admit his mistakes + apologize -- did he even say sorry???
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:28 pm

emusha wrote:JJJ you're not alone...i think many people are mad at him -- and that interview and its editing didn't help! it comes off that he really hurt sam and she was completely blindsided  - i wonder how influential production was egging him on? now they get to sit back and roast him
i did want to add one last possible reason for his behavior - felt like was bashing him without balancing it out with some level of sanity

6. he had good intentions but was too confused (pretty immature but the bubble, and people make mistakes etc etc) to understand what he really wants - if this is the case he need to at some point show some self-awareness and empathy and admit his mistakes + apologize -- did he even say sorry???

No. This is why it is hard to see his side.  Imagine if he wasn't edited to seem all genuine/empathetic during the pre-South Africa portion of the show and instead edited as he was on this interview? Either way, those were his own words coming out his mouth and not one of them was sorry.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 78 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 48 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor Australia - Season 2 - Blake Garvey - ATFR - *Spoilers* - Media & Social Media Discussion #2

+35
eirekay
notarose
Wendy
alanacafe
Sprite
bacheliar
Tania27
Kashathediva
Gina
Floss
ellmack