SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 9 - Fantasy Dates - July 14/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Page 33 of 80 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 56 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 9 - Fantasy Dates - July 14/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 33 Empty Re: Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 9 - Fantasy Dates - July 14/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by jlccaz Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:58 pm

nutty1 wrote:Nick's preview….

(Note to Josh if Josh is F1…do not watch!!)

http://www.bing.com/videos/browse/tv/show?tag=the+bachelorette

She's clearly into Nick, not just Josh. I continue to think therefore that the spoilers are essentially correct as follows: There were (as so often happens) two not one potential finalists for much of filming, including at this stage, and at some point, she tips to Josh not Nick, which shocked Nick (insert his candid contract-busting recap on the plane here).

The producers have so much power and ratings-driven motivation to make sure that the editing/story teams have something to work with by way of compelling romantic footage with more than one person. The mind-game aspect of the show, coupled with good casting (finding multiple people Lead clicks with), means very often that the Lead is in fact torn between two lovers, like that old song says.

Sean has freely stated post-engagement and maybe even marriage that he had sincere romantic attachment to his F2. But he had to choose, he did, and post FRC, he and Catherine built their own relationship independent of the show, and no one remembers the name of the other person. Examples abound.

But, going back to my first season (Bach 10/Andy Baldwin), we all know this ... the structure of the show and how filming stage is set up and managed day to day nearly always ensures at least two, not just one, true romantic attachment at this stage. The "shippers" on the Boards always see one relationship, and assume the rest is fakery, but I don't see that.

jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 9 - Fantasy Dates - July 14/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 33 Empty Re: Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 9 - Fantasy Dates - July 14/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by nutty1 Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:10 pm

I don't think anyone can question why Nick thought he was F1.

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by pander3575 Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:14 pm

jlccaz wrote:

She's clearly into Nick, not just Josh.  I continue to think therefore that the spoilers are essentially correct as follows: There were (as so often happens) two not one potential finalists for much of filming, including at this stage, and at some point, she tips to Josh not Nick, which shocked Nick  (insert his candid contract-busting recap on the plane here).  

The producers have so much power and ratings-driven motivation to make sure that the editing/story teams have something to work with by way of compelling romantic footage with more than one person.  The mind-game aspect of the show, coupled with good casting (finding multiple people Lead clicks with), means very often that the Lead is in fact torn between two lovers, like that old song says.  

Sean has freely stated post-engagement and maybe even marriage that he had sincere romantic attachment to his F2.  But he had to choose, he did, and post FRC, he and Catherine built their own relationship independent of the show, and no one remembers the name of the other person.  Examples abound.

But, going back to my first season (Bach 10/Andy Baldwin), we all know this ... the structure of the show and how filming stage is set up and managed day to day nearly always ensures at least two, not just one, true romantic attachment at this stage.  The "shippers" on the Boards always see one relationship, and assume the rest is fakery, but I don't see that.

clapping! 
pander3575
pander3575

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:23 pm

nutty1 wrote:I don't think anyone can question why Nick thought he was F1.

Nooo absolutely not! His video makes more and more sense the more I see them together- just how bewildered and gobsmacked he was, enough to vent like that. Literally the ONLY reason he wasn't f1 imo is because Josh was cast. If Josh wasn't there, he would be f1 hands-down, no competition, no arguments.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:30 pm

jlccaz wrote:

She's clearly into Nick, not just Josh.  I continue to think therefore that the spoilers are essentially correct as follows: There were (as so often happens) two not one potential finalists for much of filming, including at this stage, and at some point, she tips to Josh not Nick, which shocked Nick  (insert his candid contract-busting recap on the plane here).  

The producers have so much power and ratings-driven motivation to make sure that the editing/story teams have something to work with by way of compelling romantic footage with more than one person.  The mind-game aspect of the show, coupled with good casting (finding multiple people Lead clicks with), means very often that the Lead is in fact torn between two lovers, like that old song says.  

Sean has freely stated post-engagement and maybe even marriage that he had sincere romantic attachment to his F2.  But he had to choose, he did, and post FRC, he and Catherine built their own relationship independent of the show, and no one remembers the name of the other person.  Examples abound.

But, going back to my first season (Bach 10/Andy Baldwin), we all know this ... the structure of the show and how filming stage is set up and managed day to day nearly always ensures at least two, not just one, true romantic attachment at this stage.  The "shippers" on the Boards always see one relationship, and assume the rest is fakery, but I don't see that.

Really well said. Sean was a good example to use too. I know a lot of people blamed it on the edit, but I genuinely saw him very interested in both Catherine and Lindsay even up until the end and I personally saw that in interviews he did post show. He chose Catherine and he's now built a great life with her obviously, but that's how it goes. I would think that most leads have strong feelings, especially for their F2. In the end something, whether it be aspects of their life or their feelings, tip them one way or the other and the real relationship starts once the cameras stop rolling. It happens every season. Some people are shocked the lead didn't pick the F2 and some others aren't surprised the lead picked their F1.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:35 pm

Alanna wrote:
nutty1 wrote:I don't think anyone can question why Nick thought he was F1.

Nooo absolutely not! His video makes more and more sense the more I see them together- just how bewildered and gobsmacked he was, enough to vent like that. Literally the ONLY reason he wasn't f1 imo is because Josh was cast. If Josh wasn't there, he would be f1 hands-down, no competition, no arguments.

ITA, Alanna! Plenty of F2s have been convinced based on far less compelling evidence, that's for sure. If Andi was torn, it was because she saw so many great things in a guy she never would have anticipated being drawn to. And she would have gone with it if not for Josh being there, who was her fantasy come to life that she just couldn't bring herself to walk away from, no matter how wonderful Nick was. And of course the producers are also in her ear, encouraging her to fall for BOTH of them, because it makes for a better show.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirzam Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:37 pm

I have a question about FDs film order, was the order we are seeing Monday - Nick, Josh, Chris the actual order they were filmed?

Mirzam
Mirzam

Female Posts : 3061

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:39 pm

Mirzam wrote:I have a question about FDs film order, was the order we are seeing Monday - Nick, Josh, Chris the actual order they were filmed?

I saw on another thread that it was Nick, Chris and then Josh. The fact that they changed the order confirms IMO that she sends Chris home prior to FS and they are saving that for the dramatic ending of the episode.

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirzam Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:48 pm

isittrue wrote:
Mirzam wrote:I have a question about FDs film order, was the order we are seeing Monday - Nick, Josh, Chris the actual order they were filmed?

I saw on another thread that it was Nick, Chris and then Josh.  The fact that they changed the order confirms IMO that she sends Chris home prior to FS and they are saving that for the dramatic ending of the episode.

Thanks, that was what I was try to get at. Yes, I think it is further proof Chris gets sent home.
Mirzam
Mirzam

Female Posts : 3061

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:57 pm

jlccaz wrote:

When I watched the sneak peak preview of Andi and Nick on FD, and Andi said (parahrased) Everything is so passionate with Nick. It's like an adult romance. what came to my mind is that Josh is who she sees as her husband and Nick is the guy that she has a torrid love affair with. While the word "romance" sounds good, it could also be taken to mean something less than the decision to settle down with this man. Just food for thought.  :hidingchair  I've changed my mind so many times about Josh and Nick and the relationships I see developing. But, I'm still leaning towards the spoilers being true and Josh is F1. While I do believe that Andi fell in love with Nick, for reasons I may not fully understand, I do believe she chose Josh.
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by jcrbil Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:31 pm

I agree that Andi has feelings for Nick. But I also know that tptb are playing with us by the music they use (the Ali/Roberto music on the island) and I know that the location has been set up to amp up the "romance". I do think that Josh is being down-played in that regard- especially in previews.

The part where they might give an inkling of the connection between Andi and Josh is the actual fantasy suite (where y'all might get satisfaction re: shirtless Josh).

jcrbil

Back to top Go down

Post by motheroffive Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:53 pm

jcrbil wrote:I agree that Andi has feelings for Nick.  But I also know that tptb are playing with us by the music they use (the Ali/Roberto music on the island) and I know that the location has been set up to amp up the "romance".  I do think that Josh is being down-played in that regard- especially in previews.

The part where they might give an inkling of the connection between Andi and Josh is the actual fantasy suite (where y'all might get satisfaction re: shirtless Josh).

I agree they are downplaying Josh and playing up the romance with Nick.

More and more Andi's approach reminds me of Sean. He always said he took each relationship separately and tried to always stay in the moment with that person. As was stated above I do believe he had feelings for Lindsey but when it was time to evaluate the two relationships he realized he was in love with Catherine not Lindsey. We saw that he acted differently around Catherine but I am not sure he álways realized that.

I believe the same with Andi. She is romantically involved at this point with two men and has kept those relationships separate. But at some point very soon she is going to have to evaluate them and determine which guy she is in love with. ( I totally agree with JP when he said " she may love both of us but she can only be in love with one of us"). In my opinion, that wil be Josh.

motheroffive

Female Posts : 2792

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 80 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 56 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 9 - Fantasy Dates - July 14/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

+105
Laura Walsh
albean99
George1218
JBF
Jpcook4
Iam4UGA
ElonM
nannymargie
Retiredswimmom
MiniDiva
mercieme