SELECT CONTENT

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #5

Page 70 of 81 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 75 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #5 - Page 70 Empty Re: Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #5

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:55 pm

Ash2214 wrote:^ To be fair, all contestants have had some hate thrown at them. A few weeks ago many posters were saying Josh had anger issues, was bipolar, had an awful temper, and so forth because he lost a basketball game where he could have spent more time with Andi. It was pretty harsh opinions on someone that they don't know.

Now Nick is getting some negativity thrown at him too. It's the way it goes. It's a reality television show. Some people will like certain contestants and dislike others. People shouldn't get all up in arms about it. I think most people understand that these are real guys who are probably mostly different than what we see on television. Most people are just leaving their comments on what they see on their television. I'm sure Nick is great in real life, but for some people watching they think he's arrogant and smug and it's not a good look. Others don't view him that way and support him 100%, but that's a good thing! Everyone has their right to their opinion and I don't think people should get too worked up over it. But, if we're going to, let's also realize Nick isn't the only one who has taken some heat here. It' just part of the process of watching this silly show. Smiley

ITA!!  Good Post I agree Good Post 

Back to top Go down

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #5 - Page 70 Empty Re: Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #5

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:58 pm

I guess it's a good time to remind everyone, there is a Josh Murray Fan thread where the love is overflowing in there. There are some very talented people posting great pics of them together.

Like every season, if you get upset in the regular threads of your favourite, hop over to the fan threads. You will never win at defending your favourite, unless you enjoy reading difference of opinions.

Threads end up being hijacked with him vs him taking away the opportunity for others who would like to have civil discussions.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71754

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:06 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:I guess it's a good time to remind everyone, there is a Josh Murray Fan thread where the love is overflowing in there. There are some very talented people posting great pics of them together.

Like every season, if you get upset in the regular threads of your favourite, hop over to the fan threads. You will never win at defending your favourite, unless you enjoy reading difference of opinions.

Threads end up being hijacked with him vs him taking away the opportunity for others who would like to have civil discussions.

But fans are still allowed here to continue discussing (politely!) right?

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:12 pm

Ash2214 wrote:FLChica, can I ask you a question? Do you know Josh since you're from Florida? It just seems like every time his baseball career comes up you're quick to diminish it, so I was just curious. As a teenager, he was drafted to the MLB in the second round. That is darn good and it's unfortunate he didn't get to the level he wanted to, but far less people get to where Josh did. And let's be real, having "former professional baseball player" does not make him look good on the show. It makes it look like he doesn't have a job, which he does. It was strictly used for his storyline, not because he makes him look more desirable.

Hi Ash - forgive the slow reply. I've been out enjoying the sunshine! I was asked this question by another poster about a month ago after I posted some factual information about MLB in general and Josh in particular. Please allow me to repeat my answer. I tend to post facts or knowledge I have from my professional and personal life. I've shared this knowledge as it pertains to various contestants, generally to correct misinformation or simply give others a more accurate frame of reference. I enjoy it when others do this as it is fun to guess who the F1 might be.

I appreciate all the sleuthing that goes on here and never more so than when someone with an inside source or spoiler spills the beans! Many times this poster is questioned unmercifully and even their truthfulness is called into play. Nasty stuff.

As to Josh and his baseball experience, the facts are what they are. There's no intention or need for me to diminish them. I simply have a very thorough personal and professional understanding of the MLB and am not starstruck (so to speak) over what is extremely limited success in the minor leagues. Josh's dad was in the minor leagues and knew full well what would it entail for his son. Josh and his family were quite determined that he would have an MLB career...even after Josh underwent Tommy John surgery while in high school. He was 18 - an adult - when he hit the road with all the hundreds of other young men that were drafted with him in 2002. He simply wasn't good enough to advance nor were many others. Re-writing history to fit a storyline on a reality tv dating show isn't impressive to me. The storyline for Josh has always been on the athlete, Josh the Bulldog, Aaron Murray's brother, etc. because it's more appealing to the average female viewer than Josh the cute guy that works in finance. It's why the Bachelor franchise has been so successful.

I'll continue to post carefully worded, factual posts in the appropriate threads regardless of the comments they might generate. I don't post disparaging remarks about Josh's appearance, belittle his family, question his intelligence or mental stability or wish him any ill-will. I don't stalk any contestants on social media or blog about them to those that read such things. I'll just watch this silly dating show, enjoy it with many of you on this awesome forum and look forward to Chris & Des's wedding!

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:19 pm

FLChica wrote:
I'll continue to post carefully worded, factual posts in the appropriate threads regardless of the comments they might generate.  I don't post disparaging remarks about Josh's appearance, belittle his family, question his intelligence or mental stability or wish him any ill-will.  I don't stalk any contestants on social media or blog about them to those that read such things.  I'll just watch this silly dating show, enjoy it with many of you on this awesome forum and look forward to Chris & Des's wedding!

Kinda offended that blogging = stalking and on the same line as people who "belittle families"...  Suspect 
Hoping this is one I can chalk to language barrier or generalization.

ETA - Admins, feel free to remove this if you feel it does not belong to the thread, but I felt compelled to respond.

Back to top Go down

Post by jcrbil Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:28 pm

To be fair to Josh, he did have a couple of significant leg injuries which, I'm sure, impeded his development as a baseball player. He must have been impressive as a high school player to be drafted as a second rounder. The injuries and being homesick (which I think we can agree he was witness the tattoos) were clearly too much for him to overcome. And then he believed he wanted something more.

He had absolutely no need to play football at UGa- he possibly did to be a support to his brother, but he could have supported Aaron just by being around. More likely, he just wanted to still be around a team- he was good enough to walk on. I don't think he ever expected to go to the NFL.

It is production that wants to play him up as the former baseball player because it fits Andi's story- will she go, once again, for the guy who is an athlete? Will she look past the athlete (and, frankly, Josh has a lot of the attributes of an athlete- great physique, confidence and competitiveness) and see the man there (who is flawed, has not had the success he had hoped for and is a financial advisor now)? Will she, as she's said in interviews, realize there is no "type".

jcrbil

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:29 pm

I simply see it as those are activities FL does not participate in rather than making them all appear equal, if this helps to clarify.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:31 pm

sophienette wrote:
But fans are still allowed here to continue discussing (politely!) right?

Right! yes

sophienette wrote:
FLChica wrote:
I'll continue to post carefully worded, factual posts in the appropriate threads regardless of the comments they might generate.  I don't post disparaging remarks about Josh's appearance, belittle his family, question his intelligence or mental stability or wish him any ill-will.  I don't stalk any contestants on social media or blog about them to those that read such things.  I'll just watch this silly dating show, enjoy it with many of you on this awesome forum and look forward to Chris & Des's wedding!

Kinda offended that blogging = stalking and on the same line as people who "belittle families"...  Suspect 
Hoping this is one I can chalk to language barrier or generalization.

ETA - Admins, feel free to remove this if you feel it does not belong to the thread, but I felt compelled to respond.

Language barrier, sophie. No offense to bloggers at all.

FLChica - Thanks for a great unbiased factual post! yes

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71754

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:37 pm

OK! Thanks! Just when reading the whole paragraph quickly, it kinda seemed negative! But thanks to Kasha and GA for confirming it's not!

bestbud! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:17 pm

Fact- Josh was 17 not 18 when he started playing pro ball and bypassed rookie ball going straight to A ball in the minors. The majority of players are 21 - 23 in A ball which is what Josh's age was when he played there. I'm not sure why anyone would want to deminish his achievements.  He also graduated cum laude, top of his class. To be a good enough athlete to walk on to a football team in the SEC is pretty exceptional whether you ever make it on the field or not. I understand he is also a scratch golfer.  He is apparently a high achiever & hard worker.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:30 pm

So sleuthing...

I have seen a lot of talks about the yellow bracelet Josh is wearing at the end of Ep7 and the fact that he supposedly added Andi's colours to it since. Sorry if this has all been "proven" before and I missed it!

So here is part 1 of the "investigation": when did he get the yellow...

- Didnt have it at the start of the Episode, or when getting the DC, or when meeting Andi and going to Choc shop with her:

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #5 - Page 70 Start_10
Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #5 - Page 70 Gettin10
Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #5 - Page 70 Start_11
Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #5 - Page 70 Choc_s10

(note: he also didnt have it at their picnic or at church, showed AFTER the goose parade, but I am assuming the parade took place after that, just showed first).

- Has it during the parade and dinner:

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #5 - Page 70 Geese_10
Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #5 - Page 70 Evenin10
Even has it at HTDs:
Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #5 - Page 70 Htd10

seems to show she did give it to him, probably not from the choc shop though as I cant see any similar ribbon there.

So let's assume we agree Andi gave it to him...

I cannot see it post show. Not the same one. I see a thinner one, with purple, on the other arm, but the black one  (worn together with the yellow in Ep 7) looks very alone...:

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #5 - Page 70 Video10

so I guess the video could be old, but I am wondering if anyone has a shot of him wearing the yellow since filming ended? Most of the post pics I have... he has his hands in his pockets or hidden behind someone!  no no  :gotcha: 

Last edited by sophienette on Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:33 pm

Good work, Soph!

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 70 of 81 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 75 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #5

+87
motheroffive
Aunties_Love
emusha
Cecilia
livlafluv1