SELECT CONTENT

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #4

Page 69 of 79 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 74 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #4 - Page 69 Empty Re: Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #4

Post by MiaHawk Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:07 am

2observe wrote:
MiaHawk wrote:Do you think Josh has shagged anyone in the last 5 years?  Seriousl question.  Or do you think he is a born-again virgin like Sean was?  Just curious to hear some opinions.  Because if he hasn't "dated" in 5 years, it kind of implies that he's been celibate, but then again it could mean he hasn't formally "dated" anyone or
"been in a committed relationship" but that he has hooked up with a girl from time to time.  Just curious if people think he's been celibate or hooking up?
But you can date and not have sex.  But not to date at all, implies that he maybe sheltering himself from the possibility of experiencing emotional pain.  jmo  

To be honest with you, since I heard Dylan answer "yes" to 20+ vessels of love, it didn't even cross my mind that one of these guys could possibly date and not have sex!

Josh admitted on one of their dates that he is afraid of being hurt, so that aligns with the possibility of not dating in order to shelter himself from experiencing emotional pain.

MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #4 - Page 69 Empty Re: Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #4

Post by pander3575 Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:08 am

Thank goodness I wasn't a slut in the 60's.  giggling 
pander3575
pander3575

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:10 am

pander3575 wrote:Thank goodness I wasn't a slut in the 60's.  giggling 

spitcoffee 
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:11 am

docnash14 wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:So if you had only 9 partners in a year---it was all cool. Was that a 60's version?

That would be correct - the 10th one led to the scarlet letter.  And, yes, I believe it was DSM-II which was published first in 1968.

I'm curious, Doc, has that diagnosis (promiscuity) been completely eliminated from the DSM or revised? Or when listed as a symptom of another diagnosis (say bipolar maybe?) is the term promiscuity defined in a numerical way today?
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by docnash14 Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:26 am

MiaHawk wrote:
docnash14 wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:So if you had only 9 partners in a year---it was all cool. Was that a 60's version?

That would be correct - the 10th one led to the scarlet letter.  And, yes, I believe it was DSM-II which was published first in 1968.

I'm curious, Doc, has that diagnosis (promiscuity) been completely eliminated from the DSM or revised?  Or when listed as a symptom of another diagnosis (say bipolar maybe?) is the term promiscuity defined in a numerical way today?

It's no longer a distinct disorder and hasn't been for many years. As you are suggesting, however, it can be symptomatic of other disorders. For instance, one of the criteria for a manic episode is excessive involvement in behaviors that have a high potential for painful consequences such as"sexual indiscretions." One of the primary criteria for another disorder, histrionic personality disorder is inappropriate sexually seductive or provocative behavior.

docnash14

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:43 am

MiaHawk wrote:
2observe wrote:
MiaHawk wrote:Do you think Josh has shagged anyone in the last 5 years?  Seriousl question.  Or do you think he is a born-again virgin like Sean was?  Just curious to hear some opinions.  Because if he hasn't "dated" in 5 years, it kind of implies that he's been celibate, but then again it could mean he hasn't formally "dated" anyone or
"been in a committed relationship" but that he has hooked up with a girl from time to time.  Just curious if people think he's been celibate or hooking up?
But you can date and not have sex.  But not to date at all, implies that he maybe sheltering himself from the possibility of experiencing emotional pain.  jmo  

To be honest with you, since I heard Dylan answer "yes" to 20+ vessels of love, it didn't even cross my mind that one of these guys could possibly date and not have sex!  

Josh admitted on one of their dates that he is afraid of being hurt, so that aligns with the possibility of not dating in order to shelter himself from experiencing emotional pain.

rofl Vessels of love! Now that's hilarious.

So here's what I found on NBC News.com. They did a segment called, "10 Surprising Sex Statistics"

Question:
How many sex partners have you had?

Answer:
According to a survey of adults aged 20 to 59, women have an average of four sex partners during their lifetime; men have an average of seven.

Source: National Center for Health Statistics

Gosh, the guys I knew in back in college and throughout my 20's were either slutty or lying as I can recall them claiming higher numbers than 7 (but probably not as high as 20)!
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:55 am

MVMom39forever wrote:
MiaHawk wrote:
2observe wrote:

rofl Vessels of love! Now that's hilarious.

So here's what I found on NBC News.com. They did a segment called, "10 Surprising Sex Statistics"

Question:
How many sex partners have you had?

Answer:
According to a survey of adults aged 20 to 59, women have an average of four sex partners during their lifetime; men have an average of seven.

Source: National Center for Health Statistics

Gosh, the guys I knew in back in college and throughout my 20's were either slutty or lying as I can recall them claiming higher numbers than 7 (but probably not as high as 20)!

I think that the age range of 20-59 is too broad. I bet if they broke the stats down into 10 year increments, you'd see a vast difference between the generations, especially for the female stats. Sexual morality has evolved. But males are still given more latitude when it comes to number of sexual partners.
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:09 am

If you see some of your posts missing, it's because they belong in the fan threads.

Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:47 am

Maggenzm wrote:
Alanna wrote:
ironcat wrote:
If Josh doesn't get that last 1 on 1 date, I will seriously start doubting the spoiler that he is F1.  I think at this point in filming Andi already knows 100% who her F4 guys are, it's just a question of in which order to eliminate the other four.  So if she is more interested in spending additional time with Chris than she is with Josh (and I know that the producers have influence, but I think they would let her have a second date with her favorite at this point), then I will have to question who her favorite really is.

Assuming that Josh does get the date, I do think that she will take Chris over Marcus to FDs, simply because by that point she knows it is between Josh and Nick, and Marcus is too "tempting" (she obviously finds him hot, can't blame her), and she is already thinking of her future with her chosen one and possible "repercussions".  Chris is a gentleman and "safe".  Marcus may be a gentleman, but he ain't safe.  giggling
Agreed, if Josh doesn't get the last date before htds, then he isn't her favorite and she's seriously considering Nick or Marcus. If that happens, then I think Chris gets it out default because she doesn't want to be with alone with Josh and once again, Chris is the safer choice (just like he is as f3 in the fs). I just cannot imagine it going down this way seeing how she reacts to Josh, but we'll see.

As for the video, if it's a foiler, Nick still isn't f1 and it's Marcus or Chris. Heck no would Andi ever be okay with hearing her fiance talk like that about her. She's looking for the most protective and obsessed with her guy out there, and no foiler plot would convince her to be ok with her f1 talking like that.

That's him on that tape, he had no idea that he was being recorded. He is not F1.
I think it's still to be seen as to who is the F1. I don't think there are any confirmations to it but RS.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10816

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:31 am

albean99 wrote:We're not confusing dating vs relationship, Alanna. Josh specifically said dating and Andi even tweeted it the other night. Do I think he went 5 yrs without a date? No. I don't know why he said it which made me suspicious because it's so obviously untrue.
I agree with you albean.  There are a few things that Josh said that seem hokey as well as the edit this season, the SM this season which is 100% different from past seasons with regards to the lead's clues, and a few other things that all in all are making me think this season itself is hokey and for that reason, I am not feeling good about the spoiler...especially since there is nothing of great importance or other sources to back things up.  Considering how Des's season went, I am not feeling good about trusting RS either considering it seems to be the 'ette seasons that he makes the most mistakes in.

Editing to add:

Maggenzm wrote:albean99 wrote:We're not confusing dating vs relationship, Alanna. Josh specifically said dating and Andi even tweeted it the other night. Do I think he went 5 yrs without a date? No. I don't know why he said it which made me suspicious because it's so obviously untrue.

Why is it that not dating such a bad thing? It's only hard to believe for those who are used to jumping from one relationship to another and getting no where. People do not take time to get to know their own self anymore, that's why there are so many divorces. I personally know a lot of young Christians who are exhausted with the empty relationships that goes nowhere, and have decided to take time out to get strong in the Lord by strengthening their relationship with God, not engaging in sexual relationships, just like Sean did. Josh might be one of those who don't want to say it, especially after seeing what Sean had to go through, or may be he was busy doing other things, there is more to life than chasing women, you know. JMO
If Andi thinks Josh is lying, why not send him home? But, of course not, that's the man she really wants, and will not let him go. You watch and see. Storyline

Hell, I have been married for 26 years and committed to one person for that whole entire time, and I think it's a bad thing that people that age don't date.  As far as Andi keeping Josh, did you hear from someone other than RS that Josh is F1?  I didn't think we absolutely knew that yet??

IMO, there are a lot of things that "can" go against Josh being F1.  I know there are some things out there that if they are stretched, may, just MAY point to Josh being F1, but there are others that point against josh and are equally as strong.  Until we see the end I think that any of the F4 are still up for the F1 position right now.

We have already seen an edge of temper with Josh and if he's the one on the group date that verbally goes after a guy because he's got the group date rose, well, that IMO points AGAINST Josh in a humungous way!

MiaHawk wrote:2observe wrote:

I agree.  Josh not experiencing heartbreak would be a red flag if one were to want a serious relationship.  I also think they are setting him up for a crash and burn later in the season too by leaving this in his edit.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  blowkiss
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10816

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper61 Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:03 am

Did chloep not confirm Josh as F1, or am I mistaken?
Piper61
Piper61

Female Posts : 6364

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:12 am

Piper61 wrote:Did chloep not confirm Josh as F1, or am I mistaken?

Yeah she did, she even when into detail about Nick being a skeptic of the process and Andi basically reeling him in and this was before the show stated airing..

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 69 of 79 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 74 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #4

+84
dw_a_mom
momoftrips
emeraldluvsbama
torybean
mrsbatonmom