SELECT CONTENT

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #2

Page 47 of 81 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 64 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #2 - Page 47 Empty Re: Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #2

Post by Kashathediva Sat May 31, 2014 5:02 am

pavalygurl wrote:
Loveinterest wrote:Pretty impressive to be drafted in the 2nd round right out of HS. I heard he was injured most of the time he was with the Brewers.  Then to play SEC football. Definitely athletic.

Kind of strange that at 29 he stills defines himself by these times.  I don't remember Zack Kalter or Chris Siegfried from Des' season even mentioning their baseball times very much.

Well, hopefully as life goes on, this is not the only thing worthy of hanging your hat on.
My brother-in-law many, many years ago was called up to pitch for San Francisco. He lost his pitching arm after 1 season. FINITO. They guy is now 60 yrs old and he still can't go forward. But he has managed to bounce from job to job still trying to live out that dream. Sad. hmmm 

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #2 - Page 47 Empty Re: Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #2

Post by Kashathediva Sat May 31, 2014 5:05 am

FLChica wrote:
pavalygurl wrote:
Loveinterest wrote:Pretty impressive to be drafted in the 2nd round right out of HS. I heard he was injured most of the time he was with the Brewers.  Then to play SEC football. Definitely athletic.

Kind of strange that at 29 he stills defines himself by these times.  I don't remember Zack Kalter or Chris Siegfried from Des' season even mentioning their baseball times very much.

To put this in perspective, the draft is organized for MLB teams to select players directly out of high school or their first year of eligibility.  In the 2013 draft, 353 high school athletes were selected from the United States - no numbers from Canada or Puerto Rico.

Based on numerous statements from Josh and both parents in articles written before becoming a contestant on B'ette, he was miserable being away from his family during the six years he was in the minor league.  It was allegedly one of the main reasons he quit - in addition to never making it out of the lowest level of the minor league. Both Josh and his parents stated - before B'ette days - that he would attend UGA to help keep his baby brother Aaron from missing his family and "quitting" as he did.  Josh was a walk-on player, not a starter as his brother was.  His main role was to keep Aaron out of trouble and happy.  Josh, Aaron and baby sister shared Josh's three bedroom apartment.  (Don't know if this is where the infamous photo of Aaron was taken.)The old Bruce Springsteen song "Glory Days" comes to mind.

I don't even know what to think about the bolded. REALLY?? The snark is right there, but I will refrain.  duh 

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 31, 2014 5:09 am

Josh's bio said he is a financial consultant with Capstone Financial, so it appears that he has moved on. Maybe the producers wanted to push "the athlete" persona with him. I didn't see anything on his posts about baseball or pictures.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 31, 2014 5:13 am

I find it interesting that Andi has always gone for the jocks and that's her type. I would have guessed more upwardly mobile, ambitious, high profiled career type before knowing that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 31, 2014 5:17 am

I think that is why she seems smitten with Josh, he seems to bring both to the table. A jock with a brain

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat May 31, 2014 5:30 am

Loveinterest wrote:I think we can all agree that he's an athletic guy and part of an athletic family and has reached a level that most have  not in sports.

I'm not quite understanding what level he has achieved that most have not in sports. There are countless athletes that have achieved far more. Sidney Crosby was drafted by the Pittsburgh Penquins NHL while he was still in Jr School. He signed his first NHL contract at 20 yrs old for $8M./yr, just going by memory, but I'm sure anyone can google his achievement. Due to his contract at such a young age, he was nicknamed Sid the kid, and as per Wayne Gretsky, "The next one" As opposed to his nickname The Great One. That is just one example of many.

Unless I'm missing something, Josh was drafted out of high school, and never made it out of the minors. TPTB decide to go with "Occupation: Former Pro Baseball Player" rather than Financial Service Representative that he is. If they believe that "former Pro Baseball Player" is more attractive, I think it's the opposite and makes me question what is the current employment.

The good thing is with that occupation, you can easily work for many companies of that nature regardless of where you live. With Andi's job, I'm sure she works long hard hours, but I don't expect her to remain in that profession. So if Josh is the F1, he can easily work anywhere if Andi choose a career in front of the camera.

ETA: Isn't the definition of jock someone who is into a lot of sports? Is Josh still playing any type of sport?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71754

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sat May 31, 2014 5:43 am

GuardianAngel wrote:
Loveinterest wrote:I think we can all agree that he's an athletic guy and part of an athletic family and has reached a level that most have  not in sports.

I'm not quite understanding what level he has achieved that most have not in sports. There are countless athletes that have achieved far more. Sidney Crosby was drafted by the Pittsburgh Penquins NHL while he was still in Jr School. He signed his first NHL contract at 20 yrs old for $8M./yr, just going by memory, but I'm sure anyone can google his achievement. Due to his contract at such a young age, he was nicknamed Sid the kid, and as per Wayne Gretsky, "The next one" As opposed to his nickname The Great One. That is just one example of many.

Unless I'm missing something, Josh was drafted out of high school, and never made it out of the minors. TPTB decide to go with "Occupation: Former Pro Baseball Player" rather than Financial Service Representative that he is. If they believe that "former Pro Baseball Player" is more attractive, I think it's the opposite and makes me question what is the current employment.

The good thing is with that occupation, you can easily work for many companies of that nature regardless of where you live. With Andi's job, I'm sure she works long hard hours, but I don't expect her to remain in that profession. So if Josh is the F1, he can easily work anywhere if Andi choose a career in front of the camera.

ETA: Isn't the definition of jock someone who is into a lot of sports? Is Josh still playing any type of sport?

If I'm not mistaken, Loveinterest was trying to say that Josh's achievement of being drafted is an accomplishment and is one that hundreds of thousands of high school baseball players don't achieve each year. Statistically, 1 out of every 200 high school baseball players will be drafted straight into the minors, which is 0.5% chance. And getting drafted in the second round makes that percentage even lower. Getting drafted right out of high school or in high school is only allowed in baseball, hockey, and soccer. For basketball and football you must play in college or forgo your college eligibility to play overseas.

I think we should blame TPTB for listing him as a "former pro baseball player". He has clearly moved on from those times as he went to college, graduated, and holds a current job in his field of study. TPTB just want to play up the "jock" stereotype it seems.

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #2 - Page 47 87b72b10  Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #2 - Page 47 86669110  Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #2 - Page 47 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 31, 2014 6:09 am

Thank you umngirl! That is precisely what I was saying. I, for one, think it's great that he was a cum laude graduate and considered an elite athlete at one time. A very nice resume to start with. Those accomplishments do not come easily and will serve him well with future endeavors, including trying to capture Andi's heart.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotmomma Sat May 31, 2014 6:15 am

I am not sure Josh brought up being a "jock" to Andi.I think she brought it up first.
So maybe they ( production) told her.
Hotmomma
Hotmomma

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Sat May 31, 2014 6:38 am

Yes umngirl and loveinterest. Regardless if he made it to the MLB, he was drafted by a professional team and he played professionally for six years. Was it at a lower level? Yes, but that was his profession and it seemed like he made good money too and is now financially stable. Thankfully, he was smart about it and realized the dream of playing in the MLB wasn't going to happen and he got injured and also realized he missed his family and wanted one of his own eventually. If he kept chasing that dream he knew it would be pointless.

He left it behind and started school at the age where most people are already graduating. He got his degree with honors as someone else has said they read. Meanwhile, the whole time he was there he was taking care of his two younger siblings. Regardless, if you look at any of his social media, it's pretty clear he loves his family. Any guy that loves and takes care of his family that much is okay in my books. I love the fact that his two siblings lived with him in his apartment. My siblings are my best friends and my older brother would do anything for us and if that meant going to the same school to make me feel like I had a sense a family there, then he would.

One thing that I've also enjoyed seeing is that his relationship with Andi is very playful right now - which is exactly how it should be. If you meet a guy or a girl in the outside world, that's how it should start off. There should be an attraction and playfulness and then eventually move into more. It really reminds me a lot of JP & Ashley and Sean & Catherine right now, so I'm enjoying it.

Unfortunately, production thinks former baseball player looks more attractive and I think they're using it because it's going to play a large role in his story line. Andi has mentioned several times already that she has dated athletes, so production is showing Josh is just that and they want us to think "Will Andi pick the athlete because that's what she's used to?"

And I don't want anyone to think that this post is a knock to people that didn't go to college or anything like that. Neither of my parents went to college, but they worked their little bums off so that I could graduate college this past week  Smiley 

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 31, 2014 6:46 am

BRAVO Ash2214!!!!! Eloquently stated. Congratulations on your graduation.

Back to top Go down

Post by ThankMeLater Sat May 31, 2014 6:49 am

Woooo Go ash! Congrats on graduating Smiley

ThankMeLater

Female Posts : 3528

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 47 of 81 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 64 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #2

+77
kaydeelove
boston1
2observe
eme92
laurentx