SELECT CONTENT

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #2

Page 46 of 81 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 63 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #2 - Page 46 Empty Re: Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #2

Post by Piper61 Fri May 30, 2014 10:36 am

Edited - due to deleted post that was quoted. - Admin

I really like Josh, along with quite a few other of Andi's guys.  Looking forward to watching more episodes.  Andi and Josh do make a great looking couple on the outside, hoping if the spoilers are indeed 100% that they are well-matched on what really matters, which is what is on the inside.
Piper61
Piper61

Female Posts : 6364

Back to top Go down

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #2 - Page 46 Empty Re: Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #2

Post by Retiredswimmom Fri May 30, 2014 11:47 am

This is Josh's history of baseball career:

Former Beloit Snapper Josh Murray is making an impact on this season of "The Bachelorette," as one of the contestants vying for the heart of Andi Dorfman.

Murray, the older brother of former Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray, played for the Snappers in 2003 and 2004, when the Snappers were affiliated with the Milwaukee Brewers.

Murray was drafted in the 2nd round of the 2002 MLB June Amateur Draft from Tampa Bay Jesuit High School but never made it past the A level of minor league baseball.

In his two seasons in Beloit, Murray appeared in 65 games, batting .163 with four home runs and 19 RBI's. Murray ended his baseball career in 2007 after a stint with the Charlotte County Redfish, an independent team in the South Coast League.

Following his baseball career, Murray attended the University of Tampa before transferring to the University of Georgia, walking on to the football team where Aaron was the starting quarterback. Murray graduated from the Terry College of Business at Georgia and works as a financial services representative in Athens, GA.

"The Bachelorette" airs every Monday night on ABC at 7:00 p.m. CT.

Print Email

Retiredswimmom

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Fri May 30, 2014 1:19 pm

Bet2Win wrote:A few without college degrees:  
◦Bill Gates
◦Steve Jobs
◦Frank Lloyd Wright
◦Buckminster Fuller
◦James Cameron
◦Mark Zuckerberg
◦Tom Hanks
◦Harrison Ford  
◦Tiger Woods

I hope she didn't require a college degree.  

When I was still dating, I thought of a college degree as something similar to a rebuttable presumption.  I am an academic type; I need someone who knows how to interact with me on an educated level.  But, certainly, plenty of men without degrees are smart and interesting, and plenty of men who do have degrees are actually duds.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 30, 2014 1:23 pm

Pretty impressive to be drafted in the 2nd round right out of HS. I heard he was injured most of the time he was with the Brewers. Then to play SEC football. Definitely athletic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Catdwoman50 Fri May 30, 2014 2:24 pm

dw_a_mom wrote:
Bet2Win wrote:A few without college degrees:  
◦Bill Gates
◦Steve Jobs
◦Frank Lloyd Wright
◦Buckminster Fuller
◦James Cameron
◦Mark Zuckerberg
◦Tom Hanks
◦Harrison Ford  
◦Tiger Woods

I hope she didn't require a college degree.  

When I was still dating, I thought of a college degree as something similar to a rebuttable presumption.  I am an academic type; I need someone who knows how to interact with me on an educated level.  But, certainly, plenty of men without degrees are smart and interesting, and plenty of men who do have degrees are actually duds.

Some cultures (and families) value credentials. Some families I know even prefers for it to be a degree from a particular school/university. So ITA dw it's an individual preference, not always a barometer for that cerebral connection, but a preference for some nonetheless. I feel that this is important for Andi and family, especially the type of investment (post graduate) she put in hers.

Need to do something productive and stop hanging out in this forum (after Nick's season)
Catdwoman50
Catdwoman50

Female Posts : 1684

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Fri May 30, 2014 4:30 pm

Loveinterest wrote:Pretty impressive to be drafted in the 2nd round right out of HS. I heard he was injured most of the time he was with the Brewers.  Then to play SEC football. Definitely athletic.

Kind of strange that at 29 he stills defines himself by these times. I don't remember Zack Kalter or Chris Siegfried from Des' season even mentioning their baseball times very much.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by ThankMeLater Fri May 30, 2014 4:35 pm

pavalygurl wrote:
Loveinterest wrote:Pretty impressive to be drafted in the 2nd round right out of HS. I heard he was injured most of the time he was with the Brewers.  Then to play SEC football. Definitely athletic.

Kind of strange that at 29 he stills defines himself by these times.  I don't remember Zack Kalter or Chris Siegfried from Des' season even mentioning their baseball times very much.
 Because they didn't get drafted to an mlb team? That's a big accomplishment.

ThankMeLater

Female Posts : 3528

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Fri May 30, 2014 4:50 pm

ThankMeLater wrote:
pavalygurl wrote:

Kind of strange that at 29 he stills defines himself by these times.  I don't remember Zack Kalter or Chris Siegfried from Des' season even mentioning their baseball times very much.

Zack Kalter was drafted by the Toronto Blue Jays.

I guess I'm confused by the reference that Josh was drafted by an mlb team. It says he didn't make it out of the minor leagues?
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Fri May 30, 2014 5:05 pm

Bet2Win wrote:
ThankMeLater wrote:
pavalygurl wrote:

Zack Kalter was drafted by the Toronto Blue Jays.

I guess I'm confused by the reference that Josh was drafted by an mlb team.  It says he didn't make it out of the minor leagues?

I think that is the way it is done, the majors draft you and then place you in their farm system to develop.

I think the reason he is still listed that way is that he is still pretty recently out of college and has barely started his career. Or maybe they just thought it fit their storyline better.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Fri May 30, 2014 5:21 pm

pavalygurl wrote:

To put this in perspective, the draft is organized for MLB teams to select players directly out of high school or their first year of eligibility.  In the 2013 draft, 353 high school athletes were selected from the United States - no numbers from Canada or Puerto Rico.

Based on numerous statements from Josh and both parents in articles written before becoming a contestant on B'ette, he was miserable being away from his family during the six years he was in the minor league.  It was allegedly one of the main reasons he quit - in addition to never making it out of the lowest level of the minor league. Both Josh and his parents stated - before B'ette days - that he would attend UGA to help keep his baby brother Aaron from missing his family and "quitting" as he did.  Josh was a walk-on player, not a starter as his brother was.  His main role was to keep Aaron out of trouble and happy.  Josh, Aaron and baby sister shared Josh's three bedroom apartment.  (Don't know if this is where the infamous photo of Aaron was taken.)

The old Bruce Springsteen song "Glory Days" comes to mind.

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by docnash14 Fri May 30, 2014 5:22 pm

FLChica wrote:
pavalygurl wrote:

To put this in perspective, the draft is organized for MLB teams to select players directly out of high school or their first year of eligibility.  In the 2013 draft, 353 high school athletes were selected from the United States - no numbers from Canada or Puerto Rico.

Based on numerous statements from Josh and both parents in articles written before becoming a contestant on B'ette, he was miserable being away from his family during the six years he was in the minor league.  It was allegedly one of the main reasons he quit - in addition to never making it out of the lowest level of the minor league. Both Josh and his parents stated - before B'ette days - that he would attend UGA to help keep his baby brother Aaron from missing his family and "quitting" as he did.  Josh was a walk-on player, not a starter as his brother was.  His main role was to keep Aaron out of trouble and happy.  Josh, Aaron and baby sister shared Josh's three bedroom apartment.  (Don't know if this is where the infamous photo of Aaron was taken.)

As I understand it, that picture was taken when Aaron was on spring break in 2012
The old Bruce Springsteen song "Glory Days" comes to mind.

docnash14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 30, 2014 5:40 pm

I think we can all agree that he's an athletic guy and part of an athletic family and has reached a level that most have not in sports.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 46 of 81 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 63 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Thread #2

+77
kaydeelove
boston1
2observe
eme92
laurentx