SELECT CONTENT

Finale/After the Final Rose March 10

Page 42 of 60 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 51 ... 60  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Finale/After the Final Rose March 10 - Page 42 Empty Re: Finale/After the Final Rose March 10

Post by Chacharo Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:44 am

just2relax wrote:I just want to send good wishes to Juan Pablo and Nikki...I'm not sure it was smart of him to burn all his bridges in the entertainment world but more power to him for being independent, strong, and real.  Nikki was right...if she's ok with it, what difference does it make?  Clare was over the top.  He treated her just like every other F2...for Chris H to act like she's so brave is so phony.  TPTB had the opportunity to really showcase a Latino and how different the culture is and what does it mean for the girls?  How do two culturally different people learn to be together?   What are the compromises?  Instead they just made Juan Pablo out to be stupid and insincere.  

Absolutely agree with the bolded.  I believe the cultural differences are very real and I think some of the things that JuanP is being bashed for can be explained by them.  Message board fans have been saying for years that they would like to see a non-white dude be the bachelor but I'm not so sure this show's standard recipe works for that.  I am really interested in different cultures and I do think TPTB missed the boat with their recycled, tired, old story boards this season.

"In the end this show is like life more than it's not really....  Sometimes you get Jash and sometimes you get Courtney/Vienna.  The stinky ones squirt out 15 minutes of fame and the good ones make lemonade from their lemons.  It's all what you make of it." - auntie
Chacharo
Chacharo

Back to top Go down

Finale/After the Final Rose March 10 - Page 42 Empty Re: Finale/After the Final Rose March 10

Post by TrustxLove Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:49 am

Is there video of ATFR up yet?
TrustxLove
TrustxLove

Female Posts : 653

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertiz Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:00 am

It was so funny, first time i saw CH loss for words , especially when he asked JP about a surprise. At least the show live up to its hype this time, most controversial ending and ATFR.
I sincerely hope that JP played them. I hope he told them he absolutely planned to propose on the ATFR, all the while knowing that he would not do it. When it comes to live tv, the network doesnt hold ALL of the cards. heh.
tigertiz
tigertiz

Back to top Go down

Post by George1218 Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:14 am

julychild wrote:...Did anyone else get the feeling JP and Nikki had a secret they were not willing to share?  Maybe they are secretly engaged or maybe even married? Wouldn't that be something.

...I just feel so sorry for everyone, all around. Oh, well...

Yes, I definitely feel like JP and Nikki have a secret; I totally believe they are in love and have plans that they didn't/don't want to share with ABC. Maybe JP and Nikki could have been a little more diplomatic and I understand Catherine saying "Don't fight the hand that feeds you" but really, can you blame JP and Nikki after the way TPTB/ABC/CH have treated them!!???

After last night I made a decision that I am just too disgusted with how JP was treated and I will not be watching TB this season (I will be coming on here to talk to you guys) - next season I don't know about yet but I am so, so disappointed and disgusted with TPTB and everyone associated with them!! It makes me very sad because this has always been my "guilty pleasure" and I will miss it. JP was not the perfect Bachelor and he could have handled many things a little different but he was honest and was himself and I wish him and Nikki the very best.

TPTB/CH, I know you probably could care less, but you just lost a loyal fan!

George1218
George1218

Female Posts : 1051

Back to top Go down

Post by George1218 Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:15 am

tigertiz wrote:
It was so funny, first time i saw CH loss for words , especially when he asked JP about a surprise. At least the show live up to its hype this time, most controversial ending and ATFR.
I sincerely hope that JP played them.  I hope he told them he absolutely planned to propose on the ATFR, all the while knowing that he would not do it.  When it comes to live tv, the network doesnt hold ALL of the cards. heh.

If this were true, it would make my day!!! High clap High clap High clap 
George1218
George1218

Female Posts : 1051

Back to top Go down

Post by docnash14 Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:17 am

Chacharo wrote:
just2relax wrote:I just want to send good wishes to Juan Pablo and Nikki...I'm not sure it was smart of him to burn all his bridges in the entertainment world but more power to him for being independent, strong, and real.  Nikki was right...if she's ok with it, what difference does it make?  Clare was over the top.  He treated her just like every other F2...for Chris H to act like she's so brave is so phony.  TPTB had the opportunity to really showcase a Latino and how different the culture is and what does it mean for the girls?  How do two culturally different people learn to be together?   What are the compromises?  Instead they just made Juan Pablo out to be stupid and insincere.  

Absolutely agree with the bolded.  I believe the cultural differences are very real and I think some of the things that JuanP is being bashed for can be explained by them.  Message board fans have been saying for years that they would like to see a non-white dude be the bachelor but I'm not so sure this show's standard recipe works for that.  I am really interested in different cultures and I do think TPTB missed the boat with their recycled, tired, old story boards this season.

I agree also. I posted this tweet elsewhere but I think it speaks volumes. Not sure who this woman is but she has quite a following.

laura i. gómez ‏@laura 7h
Tweets from #TheFinalRose of this season of the #TheBachelor has revealed what xenophobia and bullying look like in America.

docnash14

Back to top Go down

Post by docnash14 Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:23 am

Well, he certainly gave her a pass about her comment about JP's parenting. And it was almost comical that CH chose to "respect her wishes" not to speak with JP (although that historically been part of the package deal for the F2 - even Clare alluded to it) but was relentless in trying to force JP to get back in line and act appropriately - at least TPTB's definition of appropriateness.

As much as I love Catherine, Sean and Arie I don't think they got JP when he and Nikki said they were "done." I don't think they have any interest whatsoever in being fed by TPTB. Seems to me that if an employer mistreats an employee, that employee has a right to be disgruntled.

docnash14

Back to top Go down

Post by BACHRISTINE Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:32 am

When Nikki said that JP's situation is different because he has a child, it made me think that maybe he did not propose or say ILY because he did not want it memorialized on film for his daughter to see. She may be 6 now but one day when she grows up she won't have to find out (or be teased about) her father proposing/saying ILY to a woman he met on a reality show and had only known for a few months (esp. since he hasn't married Camila's mother). He has probably told Nikki in private that he loves her and they had talked about what they were going to say at the ATFR. I admire the maturity of their decision.

BACHRISTINE

Back to top Go down

Post by iamreal2u Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:41 am

Wait a second. If JuanPa whispered that he loved F'ing Clare. Is that the worst thing a woman wants to hear. What the hell.
iamreal2u
iamreal2u

Female Posts : 4107

Back to top Go down

Post by Newto Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:44 am

I really didn't care for JP or how the season played out, but I do admire both him and Nikki for sticking to their guns about what they consider private. This Bachelor stuck to his guns because he did not feel he was ready to propose. He is not the first one, and he may not be the last. It is about time someone let TPTB know they cannot control the lives of everyone who comes on the show.

SeanCat are company people, based on what they said. They have made a fortune towing the company line. JP and Nikki apparently don't care about the money which could have been bestowed on them; in that way they are a lot more honest that SeanCat. JMHO.
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:54 am

No appearances today? Alrighty then.
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by just2relax Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:55 am

Tweets from #TheFinalRose of this season of the #TheBachelor has revealed what xenophobia and bullying look like in America.

I love this tweet. I hope people favored it because it's how I feel.

just2relax

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 60 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 51 ... 60  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Finale/After the Final Rose March 10

+105
happyvalleygirl
LibbyBell
Mustang19
deeliciouz
Bashful