SELECT CONTENT

*NO SPOILERS* The Bachelor 18 Social Media - Twitter etc. Thread

Page 45 of 56 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 50 ... 56  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

*NO SPOILERS* The Bachelor 18 Social Media - Twitter etc. Thread - Page 45 Empty Re: *NO SPOILERS* The Bachelor 18 Social Media - Twitter etc. Thread

Post by Aunties_Love Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:06 am

kdubs_ca wrote:
pbmax wrote:
julychild wrote:
pbmax wrote:
2observe wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:
julychild wrote:Maybe I was raised differently or I just don't get it, but I simply can't understand how being rude and crass equates to being honest. I mean, it is VERY possible to speak your honesty with kindness.

Couldn't agree more.  There are a lot of ways to be honest without being cruel.
Being truthful can also be hurtful since the word TRUTH also contains the word HURT.

Right 2observe. The bible even says it cut like a two-edge sword. It goes to the marrow.

Believe me, I understand that the truth hurts. I know ALL about JP's brand of honesty. Oh, how I do!!!!! It was The Truth that led me to the realization that kindness should be the language while truth remains the guide, always.

Don't you know that Jesus offended with the truth, the Pharisees got angry with him because of his truth. The only time truth is nice is when it is a good truth or you just straight out lie. There's a word that we use in church, sugar-coat, that's when tell part of the truth...so I guess what JP should fo is sugar-coat it.

I'm pretty sure Jesus wasn't encouraging people to respond to, "Just tell me you love me", with, "I don't know you, but I like f****** you."  Even if it is the truth.  Yup.  I think JP is truthful.  I also think he's an arrogant, brash, abrasive jackass.  Somehow, I don't think the former completely excuses the latter.  And I think even his family copped to the "truth" about his personality!

Here's a thought... What if JP actually got a good edit?  What I saw on the ATFR, made me feel that TPTB actually had made the guy look as good as possible.  Only so much to work with...
Agreed. JP didn't come across in the best of lights ever since he made the gay comments, that is when they started playing with his edit. He came across as abrasive. IF he didn't conform to what the show is by getting engaged when he signed that contract, or to getting really involved with the proces. How does that give him the right to treat others as badly as he did??

BTW: Just because he didn't choose my "fave" and I have sour grapes as is a common comment here is completely wrong. I just think his comment to Clare about loving "f***ing her and the other comment as she was walking away spoke of his character, just because she spoke up to him. Is that how he handles life?? I am not sour, but am just trying to speak to what he actually did say with the comment above, how he treated Clare at the end, how it seemed from all contestants on the show that he really didn't bother to get to really know anyone. Hope that Nikki is different.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10817

Back to top Go down

*NO SPOILERS* The Bachelor 18 Social Media - Twitter etc. Thread - Page 45 Empty Re: *NO SPOILERS* The Bachelor 18 Social Media - Twitter etc. Thread

Post by Aunties_Love Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:09 am

pbmax wrote:
chloep wrote:^^ Sadly this is something that EVERY LEAD and the F1 HAS TO FACE......And you can't deny that JP added a lot of fuel to the fire.

I would have like to hear him propose, say he loves her and their future plans but it's not about what I want. I respect their decision. There was no reason for CH to keep going on and on with the same question causing him to keep repesting himself.
Maybe there was IF he led the producers along to believe that he was going to propose to Nikki?? What if that was the case and the producers kept prompting Chris to ask. Does that change anything??

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10817

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:16 am

Great interview with Sharleen before the finale
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:54 am

Aunties_Love wrote:BTW: Just because he didn't choose my "fave" and I have sour grapes as is a common comment here is completely wrong.  I just think his comment to Clare about loving "f***ing her and the other comment as she was walking away spoke of his character, just because she spoke up to him.  Is that how he handles life??  I am not sour, but am just trying to speak to what he actually did say with the comment above, how he treated Clare at the end, how it seemed from all contestants on the show that he really didn't bother to get to really know anyone.  Hope that Nikki is different.

I think the problem some of us have doesn't relate AT ALL to any "favoritism". I said from the beginning that I didn't care whom he chose. I just happened to see Clare as F1... DURING THE AIRING OF THE SHOW.

We all know The Relationship doesn't begin until AFTER the show, so all of the debate last season over Brooks vs. Chris is ridiculous in hindsight. Desiree decided on a POST-show life with Chris regardless of how many fireworks were shown in Madeira or how many tears (visible or crocodile) were shed in Antigua.

My main struggle with this season was this:

After Ocean Romp, I found it difficult to understand how anybody he chose OVER Clare could watch that without squirming. Perhaps production didn't like Nikki for some reason and decided to push it in her face? Maybe her comment about Clare being a dog who "peed on him first" was a sign that she was OK with his relationship with Clare? Maybe Clare is a lesbian and Nikki had nothing to worry about? I kinda doubt that last scenario. Nikki seems fine post show regardless of what was shown, so my questioning just relates to MY perspective.

One comment by Juan repeated over and over is that he wants a lot of "romance" kept private. So Nikki may have experienced much more than Clare anyway.

Many of us saw a better hometown visit with Clare than Nikki, but there's a catch here. ABC did not post any photos of Nikki's that we could compare with his "heated" shots with Clare and more "friend zone" shots of Renee and Andi. It is possible that his shots with Nikki might have been too revealing.

The fact that Chris Harrison seems to side more with Clare than Juan in much of the questioning regarding Ocean Romp and Helicopter Speech is rather interesting. Was he skeptical of Juan's intentions on this show? Did he feel Juan "played" Clare unfairly? Particularly ominous was how each of Juan's "jury" including Sean and Sharleen were quite hypercritical of Juan's behavior. Usually The Bachelor "Family" is more supportive of the lead. Something peculiar happened this season.

In the end, it is Oh-Kay. It doesn't matter. Either Juan and Nikki will live happily ever after once the cameras are gone or they will break up. It is possible that this WAS a season in which the lead changed his mind very close to the end of the season. I personally do think he got a "red flag" on Clare's LCD that upset the applecart myself... otherwise, she was The One most of the season. However, I wasn't a fly on the wall to know what really happened... and, yes, he may have always wanted Nikki over Clare since Day #1 but was fooling us on screen. Again, as with the Brooks/Chris/Des triangle situation, it doesn't matter if F1 was a "default" or simply "one of two the lead struggled deciding between" since The Relationship begins AFTER the show ends.

To be honest, I did not have a very good "read" on their ATFR body language, so I will hold my breath for a wedding next year. Hard call here...
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:31 am

JBF wrote:
I think the problem some of us have doesn't relate AT ALL to any "favoritism". I said from the beginning that I didn't care whom he chose. I just happened to see Clare as F1... DURING THE AIRING OF THE SHOW.

We all know The Relationship doesn't begin until AFTER the show, so all of the debate last season over Brooks vs. Chris is ridiculous in hindsight. Desiree decided on a POST-show life with Chris regardless of how many fireworks were shown in Madeira or how many tears (visible or crocodile) were shed in Antigua.

After Ocean Romp, I found it difficult to understand how anybody he chose OVER Clare could watch that without squirming. Perhaps production didn't like Nikki for some reason and decided to push it in her face? Maybe her comment about Clare being a dog who "peed on him first" was a sign that she was OK with his relationship with Clare? Maybe Clare is a lesbian and Nikki had nothing to worry about? I kinda doubt that last scenario. Nikki seems fine post show regardless of what was shown, so my questioning just relates to MY perspective.

One comment by Juan repeated over and over is that he wants a lot of "romance" kept private. So Nikki may have experienced much more than Clare anyway.

Many of us saw a better hometown visit with Clare than Nikki, but there's a catch here. ABC did not post any photos of Nikki's that we could compare with his "heated" shots with Clare and more "friend zone" shots of Renee and Andi. It is possible that his shots with Nikki might have been too revealing.

The fact that Chris Harrison seems to side more with Clare than Juan in much of the questioning regarding Ocean Romp and Helicopter Speech is rather interesting. Was he skeptical of Juan's intentions on this show? Did he feel Juan "played" Clare unfairly? Particularly ominous was how each of Juan's "jury" including Sean and Sharleen were quite hypercritical of Juan's behavior. Usually The Bachelor "Family" is more supportive of the lead. Something peculiar happened this season.

In the end, it is Oh-Kay. It doesn't matter. Either Juan and Nikki will live happily ever after once the cameras are gone or they will break up. It is possible that this WAS a season in which the lead changed his mind very close to the end of the season. I personally do think he got a "red flag" on Clare's LCD that upset the applecart myself... otherwise, she was The One most of the season. However, I wasn't a fly on the wall to know what really happened... and, yes, he may have always wanted Nikki over Clare since Day #1 but was fooling us on screen. Again, as with the Brooks/Chris/Des triangle situation, it doesn't matter if F1 was a "default" or simply "one of two the lead struggled deciding between" since The Relationship begins AFTER the show ends.

To be honest, I did not have a very good "read" on their ATFR body language, so I will hold my breath for a wedding next year. Hard call here...

^^^^ I always, always LOVE your musings, JBF! *slowclap*

Last edited by Cari on Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total

"This moment in my life
It's like I've never loved before
The way you show me with a kiss
How much you care
You are love
You are life
You are peace of mind.", 'Peace Of Mind', David Cook

#TheOGJash #SeanCat #Jadine #GoldSquad
#TeamMCAUReynold #COOKista  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
#Tannah4evah #MattyjandLaura #MaRthur #JorJo #Darvey  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Cari
Cari

Female Posts : 926

http://twitter.com/chapark

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:34 am

Ahhh... thanks. Hopefully I didn't get too windy. (Also thanks to Soccermom on the other thread.)
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by 4health Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:04 pm

JBF wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:BTW: Just because he didn't choose my "fave" and I have sour grapes as is a common comment here is completely wrong.  I just think his comment to Clare about loving "f***ing her and the other comment as she was walking away spoke of his character, just because she spoke up to him.  Is that how he handles life??  I am not sour, but am just trying to speak to what he actually did say with the comment above, how he treated Clare at the end, how it seemed from all contestants on the show that he really didn't bother to get to really know anyone.  Hope that Nikki is different.

These are my thoughts also, awesome post JBF…..

4health

Female Posts : 1493

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:23 pm

great post, JBF, as always!! yes 
and i pretty much agree with most of it... giggling 

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:15 pm

JBF wrote:

:claphands yes 
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3307

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:24 pm

Hahaha

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirzam Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:32 pm

notarose wrote:Hahaha

Brilliant!  :claphands 
Mirzam
Mirzam

Female Posts : 3061

Back to top Go down

Post by Bashful Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:44 pm

Love it! :Clap: 

Bashful

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 45 of 56 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 50 ... 56  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

*NO SPOILERS* The Bachelor 18 Social Media - Twitter etc. Thread

+68
just2relax
Alanna
IrishGal
nuts2uiam
eliza3