SELECT CONTENT

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion

Page 6 of 36 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 21 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion

Post by Jeepers Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:05 pm

Rolly wrote:Ariela, I agree this episode was hard to watch. Haven't we all though done or said things we wished that we hadn't? Had to say we're sorry...ask for forgiveness....lived with regret...changed our minds...been remorseful???

There are times when second chances are the best chances :)

A bit of grace and a bit of badass
Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion

Post by Goldie2 Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:08 pm

At the end of the day this is really just a TV show- A weird dating experiment.

If you talk to a past Bachs/ Bachettes they MAY tell you how very scripted this show really is.  The dates are scripted, words are edited to take on new meanings that were never intended.
They MAY tell you that they are kept up late most nights to film their PI's and asked the same questions numerous times until TPTB get a desired response. And that they are told untruths to get responses or suggested to do things by TPTB because they need that drama in an otherwise boring season.
They MAY tell you that they are even " cast" into certain roles based on psychological questionnaires and profiles they fill out during " casting". Most are characatures of themselves and the part they are " cast" to play. Some that were successful in making it to the end MAY tell you that a " bond" can develop during filming over "the process of this crazy show". Whether or not this bond can turn into real lasting love AFTER remains to be seen. Many couples have given it a good go outside the show, but just as in " real life" they don't make it.
To go from strangers to engaged in 11 weeks, while dating 24 other men would not be considered smart dating practice, but because this is a TV show people somehow think it's possible and " REAL"?

They MAY tell you that TPTB go to GREAT lengths to get the leads to propose at the end because for fans this makes the love seem more romantic. They know the audience and fans have not invested 11 weeks on this show and into this couple to not have a big,emotional payoff at the end. Whether or not the couple lasts a month or a year after the ATFR is insignificant . TPTB had their wrap party and are already moving onto the next season's casting.

At the end of the day you wish these couples well for surviving this "experiment" and crazy experience- whoever is chosen.

If they somehow make it work -Great.
If they don't - that's life and a new season will be right around the corner.

Last edited by Goldie2 on Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:14 pm; edited 3 times in total

Goldie2

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper61 Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:08 pm

Jeepers wrote:
Rolly wrote:Ariela, I agree this episode was hard to watch. Haven't we all though done or said things we wished that we hadn't? Had to say we're sorry...ask for forgiveness....lived with regret...changed our minds...been remorseful???

There are times when second chances are the best chances :)
Absolutely!
Piper61
Piper61

Female Posts : 6364

Back to top Go down

Post by BarbB222 Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:11 pm

Goldie2 wrote:At the end of the day this is really just a TV show- An experimental dating show at best.

If you talk to a past Bachs/ Bachettes they MAY tell you how very scripted this show really is.  The dates are scripted, words are edited to take on new meanings that were never intended.
They MAY tell you that they are kept up late most nights to film their PI's and asked the same questions numerous times until TPTB get a desired response. And that they are told untruths to get responses or suggested to do things by TPTB because they need that drama in an otherwise boring season.
They MAY tell you that they are even " cast" into certain roles based on psychological questionnaires and profiles they fill out during " casting". Most are characatures of themselves and the part they are " cast" to play. Some that were successful in making it to the end MAY tell you that a " bond" can develop during filming over "the process of this crazy show". Whether or not this bond can turn into real lasting love AFTER remains to be seen. Many couples have given it a good go outside the show, but just as in " real life" they don't make it.
To go from strangers to engaged in 11 weeks, while dating 24 other men would not be considered wise in normal or smart dating practice, but because this is a TV show people somehow think it's possible and " REAL".

They MAY tell you that TPTB go to GREAT lengths to get the leads to propose at the end because for fans this makes the love seem more romantic. They know the audience and fans have not invested 11 weeks on this show and into this couple to not have a big,emotional payoff at the end. Whether or not the couple lasts a month or a year after the ATFR is insignificant . TPTB had their wrap party and are already moving onto the next season's casting.

At the end of the day you wish these couples well for surviving this "experiment" and crazy experience- whoever is chosen.

Right on Goldie!
BarbB222
BarbB222

Female Posts : 2366

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:17 pm

I think we have some of the same debates every season.  At least, every season I've posted here.  Personally, I have a hard time with some of the snark.  It isn't because I fangirl the contestants subjected to the snark, but because I just can't understand being THAT negative sometimes to ANYONE, much less someone you don't even know.  To me, it is just very uncomfortable to read and watch.  But  that is ME, and I realize that.  I try to just leave it along, different strokes for different folks and all that, unless the snark goes into the territory of potentially hurting people beyond the cast member.  Making fun of common appearance traits falls into that later category for me - when someone snarks about big noses, for example, it is going to hit a nerve with every reader who feels their nose is too big.  It is for THAT reason I want to see snark quieted sometimes.  I just think people need to be sensitive to that.  

Not to say that is what has happened this time, since I don't feel I've read whatever started this conversation (and I could be highly oblivious to my own offense), but its a pattern I've noticed.  We've got some members with very sharp tongues, who I don't think always realize how that comes across, and other members who maybe do over-fan a little, and maybe get a little sensitive fast.  We've got to accept them all.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:20 pm

Goldie2 wrote:At the end of the day this is really just a TV show- A weird dating experiment.

To go from strangers to engaged in 11 weeks, while dating 24 other men would not be considered smart dating practice, but because this is a TV show people somehow think it's possible and " REAL"?

Agreed.

Anyone who wants to understand just how crazy this experiment is can listen to Jason & Molly's podcasts. Love how those two banter.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:39 pm

Goldie2 wrote:At the end of the day this is really just a TV show- A weird dating experiment.

clapping! clapping!  Maybe that could be the new banner!

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:46 pm

Ariela wrote:
grace8136 wrote:
nutty1[b] wrote:I rewatched part of Monday's episode again [/b]last night. The part that really would be terrible if Chris or Drew were F1 was when she said when she was going on other dates, that she wanted to go on dates with Brooks, and how she didn't want to share her heart. That would be a tough one to explain less than a week before the FRC.

I agree. I think she was emotional and maybe wanting to be a little dramatic on just how much Brooks was the only one. It didn't need to be left in, we got the picture with her I love you's to Brooks. It was really cruel to leave it in. Between Brooks confessions and that statement from her, I don't feel like there should be any proposals on Monday night. Maybe at the ATFR, but not that next week on the island.

I rewatched it too, with Closed caption. It was a no win situation Brooks dumping Des. Basically Des was guilty of doing the same thing to Chris and Drew as Brooks was to her. Love took on a new meaning=cruelty.

She closed herself off throughout the season and was saving her heart for Brooks. I'm sure that stung Chris and Drew. They were knocking themselves out for nothing. And you know Drew he said a few times to Des his relationship is based on TRUST and HONESTY. He was being deceived.

As Des did to Drew and Chris, Brooks said some indelible, hurtful things to Des. IMO, it's not something that a woman forgets, Ever. I think she was in so much pain that she took Brooks "the bandaid" for her pain back. I cannot see them lasting.

Chris and Drew will be fine. They have women chasing them already. However, I wonder if their trust has not been shaken?

People have short term memories. Brooks will propose and they will live happily after...except for the hidden scars. I wish them luck.

I noticed they have repeated his line of.. "There's nothing I can say to make this right" and I was thinking.. yep.. agree with that! Certainly not in 5 days!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:01 pm

Look bottom line is if Brooks comes back and he and Des are together Brooks will always have the upper hand in the relationship....if Des is fine with that then she should take him back. Her chances of getting hurt in the future by him again are high.

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:35 pm

Nativenewyorker wrote:
Chacharo wrote:I haven't seen one post where anyone has acted as though they were deriving pleasure out of the thought of Des and Brooks breaking up - not one.  But let's just say that I do derive pleasure from that thought - so what?  Am I not entitled to state what I think about the contestants of this show without receiving less than nice posts in reply, or being constantly reminded of the spoilers, or called a hater because I'm not a fan?

I've always been fascinated by the sleuthing and speculation.  Even though I have never had the time or patience, the sleuthing of screen caps can be simply amazing to watch.  For years, I have watched as people speculated about what happens during these shows and many times have thought - "that is so far out, no WAY does it happen" - only to be amazed when speculation turns into the reality of what we are shown.  I admire and am a little jealous at the imagination of so many posters who can come up with some of these scenarios and do enjoy reading them.  What saddens me is when these people don't post because they are labeled "haters" and being constantly reminded about our rock-solid spoilers.  For many of us, the spoilers take the fun out of the game.

I make no secret of the fact that I don't really care about the outcome of this show.  I watch it for entertainment.  It's not that I'm a hater of these people, I just don't know them and I never will.  I enjoy laughing at them and with them.  I laugh out loud sitting here by myself at the computer at several of the snarktastic blogs.  I giggled when Mia posted about the renewal of the vows of Team Tin Foil - a post made in fun but responded to with negativity.  Being a founding member, I can say for sure that Team Tin Foil was and is all about laughing at ourselves and making fun of our dedication to this silly show.  It has nothing to do with hating on contestants or other posters as was implied by the response.

The contestants made a choice to go on a reality dating show and personally, I doubt the sincerity of most of them.  I think most of the relationships fail because they don't really sign up to fall in love.  I think many of them believe they are in love because of the bachelor bubble and the manipulation of the producers.  I think they are auditioning for singing parts or acting parts or dancing parts or simply for the adventures.  I'm fine with that and even enjoy following the ones who do stay in the public eye like Melissa Rycroft.  I think she's a doll but I don't personally know her or know why she went on the show in the first place, but I suspect it was for more than falling in love with Jason Mesnick.  I love watching Michelle Money's acerbic sense of humor and her sarcastic best friend in their videos, and I have learned a thing or two about make-up brands and how to apply them.

This is the F1 thread - a place for sleuthing and speculation.  Now, since I'm really bad at both things, I shall shut up and watch the experts do their thing.

Cha Cha,

Have I told you that you are my hero?

bowdown 

Thanks for saying this and so well. You said everything that I have been thinking and wanted to say.

What bothers me is when people twist or distort what some say to make it seem something that it is not. I have not seen one post expressing joy or satisfaction over Des and Brooks not making it.  What I have seen and wrote myself, are the thoughts that it's not going to work because of all that has happened. But as you said, what if people are chortling with glee over these two not making it? So what? Why is that a problem for some here? You can still have your fairytale. No one is taking it away.

Oh and for the record, I don't have a magic 8 ball! Neither does anyone else! But it appears that some don't want their personal fantasy spoiled  by anyone.  That's being pretty narrow minded, IMO.  
:yes: yes 
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3307

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:44 pm

Great post Goldie2. :Smiley: 
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3307

Back to top Go down

Post by ImeldaMarcos Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:48 pm

Piper61 wrote:Nor does liking/supporting one contestant over others or expressing thoughts about what has transpired over the course of the season constitute all out fangirling.  Or being less experienced or having a teenage-like mind.  It seems some things said around here are said expressly to be insulting in a somewhat veiled way because it won't be said directly to one specific person.

Things are sleuthed, things are scrutinzed, speculated upon...spoilers are welcomed, yet when someone believes the spoilers it's best to keep quiet.  

:yes:  What you said up there! I just expect at this point for this type of thing to happen. We have been on this ride some time.

ImeldaMarcos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 36 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 21 ... 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion

+63
SouthernMomOf4
sparkler
Di_ATL
isittrue
lovinlife