SELECT CONTENT

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion

Page 35 of 36 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 35 Empty Re: The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion

Post by Shadow Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:30 pm

Cecilia wrote:And more setting the stage by abc:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2013/08/chris-harrison-its-absolutely-possible-for-brooks-to-return-to-the-bachelorette/

Is there anything CH would not say... just brought over what was said in the interview...

Last week on “The Bachelorette,” Desiree Hartsock had her heart broken by front-runner Brooks, who left the show early. But in a new interview, host Chris Harrison explained that he could still change his mind.

“It’s absolutely possible for him to come back in the game,” Harrison told reporters via a press call. “She may be open to it or maybe she learned her lesson and he’s not the guy anymore. … He has a history of not quite being able to commit.”

Chris Harrison Tells ABC News of Brooks’s Departure: “There Were Warning Signs”

Harrison, who called the early departure a “curveball,” added that during their conversation, Brooks seemed “wishy-washy.”

“There are definitely regrets,” he said. “He was in tears and emotionally crushed once Des started professing her love. He said as much.”

"Love Never Fails"
Shadow
Shadow

Female Posts : 277

Back to top Go down

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 35 Empty Re: The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion

Post by atem Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:35 pm

sydney1 wrote:
Cecilia wrote:And more setting the stage by abc:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2013/08/chris-harrison-its-absolutely-possible-for-brooks-to-return-to-the-bachelorette/

Is there anything CH would not say... just brought over what was said in the interview...

Last week on “The Bachelorette,” Desiree Hartsock had her heart broken by front-runner Brooks, who left the show early. But in a new interview, host Chris Harrison explained that he could still change his mind.

“It’s absolutely possible for him to come back in the game,” Harrison told reporters via a press call. “She may be open to it or maybe she learned her lesson and he’s not the guy anymore. … He has a history of not quite being able to commit.”

Chris Harrison Tells ABC News of Brooks’s Departure: “There Were Warning Signs”

Harrison, who called the early departure a “curveball,” added that during their conversation, Brooks seemed “wishy-washy.”

“There are definitely regrets,” he said. “He was in tears and emotionally crushed once Des started professing her love. He said as much.”

I wouldn't take that one way or another. That is WetPaint taking certain sentences out from a teleconference he had last week with several places.
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Nativenewyorker Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:57 pm

nd4reality wrote:
Goldie2 wrote:
KCCasey wrote:And to play devil's advocate, "Love is Unpredictable" and sometimes it changes on a dime and you think you are in love with one person and you are in love with someone else.

Don't have a dog in this fight, just another perspective.
I can see your point if it were not in this context.

If you watch the clip she is clearly distraught while telling Drew and Chris that Brooks chose to leave.
She said "Love is unpredictable " in reference to Brooks leaving and about how shocking it was to her.

It is Foreshadowing his return as well.

Don`t see it. How does Love is unpredictable translate into Brooks returns.
The next thing  that you guys will say is that CH saying `where do we go from here` in the previews means Brooks is head over heels in love with Des. :yellowsleptic: 

He had weeks to think about his decision. Starting from the HTD where he was actively looking for answers from his siblings and parent to having to go back to speak to his loved ones in order to get the re-assurance he needed. His mother bless her gave him that and you could see the relief on his face. His sister too.

Love is not unpredictable rather `love is undecided`.  Yes that should be his theme for the season.

I have been trying to make this point since we saw last week's episode. This is not something he did on a momentary impulse. He had time to think it over. Many of us saw that he was not as into Des as she was into him. CH has said that he noticed it and others in production. He tried to tell her, but she always reassured him that she knew how Brooks felt. He sensed that there might be some denial with Des. That's why she never saw it coming when he left.

I agree about "love is undecided". That is a much more accurate phrase.
Nativenewyorker
Nativenewyorker

Female Posts : 1819

Back to top Go down

Post by SouthernMomOf4 Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:33 pm

Aww come on guys - these two are going to live happily ever after just like Emily and Jef, and Ben and Courtney, and Jake and Vienna, and Emily and Brad, and Jesse and Deanna, and Embarassed 

SouthernMomOf4

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotmomma Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:37 pm

Nativenewyorker wrote:
nd4reality wrote:
Goldie2 wrote:
KCCasey wrote:And to play devil's advocate, "Love is Unpredictable" and sometimes it changes on a dime and you think you are in love with one person and you are in love with someone else.
If you watch the clip she is clearly distraught while telling Drew and Chris that Brooks chose to leave.
She said "Love is unpredictable " in reference to Brooks leaving and about how shocking it was to her.
The next thing  that you guys will say is that CH saying `where do we go from here` in the previews means Brooks is head over heels in love with Des. :yellowsleptic: 
He had weeks to think about his decision. Starting from the HTD where he was actively looking for answers from his siblings and parent to having to go back to speak to his loved ones in order to get the re-assurance he needed. His mother bless her gave him that and you could see the relief on his face. His sister too.
Love is not unpredictable rather `love is undecided`.  Yes that should be his theme for the season.

I like that love is undecided..great theme.for sure...

And I think too that when he "Got" out of the Bach bubble so to speak..he was home I think reality set in..really made him think what in the heck am I doing...so to speak..

I have been trying to make this point since we saw last week's episode. This is not something he did on a momentary impulse. He had time to think it over. Many of us saw that he was not as into Des as she was into him. CH has said that he noticed it and others in production. He tried to tell her, but she always reassured him that she knew how Brooks felt. He sensed that there might be some denial with Des. That's why she never saw it coming when he left.

Hotmomma
Hotmomma

Back to top Go down

Post by BachfanNY Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:46 pm

SouthernMomOf4 wrote:Aww come on guys - these two are going to live happily ever after just like Emily and Jef, and Ben and Courtney, and Jake and Vienna, and Emily and Brad, and Jesse and Deanna, and Embarassed 

...Jason and Molly, Ashley and JP, Sean and Cat...Hugesmile 

Maybe, who knows?!
BachfanNY
BachfanNY

Female Posts : 1726

Back to top Go down

Post by ImeldaMarcos Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:53 pm

I do not know, but hope they have a chance. Everyone deserves love and the choice of who to love. Cheers guys. I will be having a wonderful New Zealand Savignon Blanc this evening and if I am capable of posting while toasted I shall join you to share thoughts. <---Imelda is aware that not everyone is super excited about this. giggling 

ImeldaMarcos

Back to top Go down

Post by Nativenewyorker Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:59 pm

SouthernMomOf4 wrote:Aww come on guys - these two are going to live happily ever after just like Emily and Jef, and Ben and Courtney, and Jake and Vienna, and Emily and Brad, and Jesse and Deanna, and Embarassed 

You just made my day! The best post I have read! LOL!

bowdown 

clapping! 

Nativenewyorker
Nativenewyorker

Female Posts : 1819

Back to top Go down

Post by laurentx Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:16 pm

Well to me Des is the anti Emily, Courtney, Vienna, to a lesser degree Deanna in the 'baggage' dept. She seems so down-to-earth and kind-hearted. I think she's all in and willing to do whatever it takes to make it work.

I'm looking forward to the media-skipping and hopefully seeing the fun and light and in-love Desiree!
laurentx
laurentx

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:21 pm

Nativenewyorker wrote:
nd4reality wrote:
Goldie2 wrote:

I have been trying to make this point since we saw last week's episode.  This is not something he did on a momentary impulse.  He had time to think it over. Many of us saw that he was not as into Des as she was into him. CH has said that he noticed it and others in production. He tried to tell her, but she always reassured him that she knew how Brooks felt.  He sensed that there might be some denial with Des.  That's why she never saw it coming when he left.

That is exactly why it is so mind boggling that he could change his mind on a dime. Did they have the time for him to call home and check that this decision was now the right one or perhaps fly him home once more ?

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by philphan Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:50 pm

BachfanNY wrote:

...Jason and Molly, Ashley and JP, Sean and Cat...Hugesmile 

Maybe, who knows?!

Unfortunately I have a bad vibe about a long, happy future...regardless of who Desiree picks. She needs to self reflect and find love outside of the Bach Bubble.

Don't sweat the small stuff....Strive to live by the Golden Rule
philphan
philphan

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:43 pm

I would like to suggest one clarification on the "love is undecided" theory:  he didn't have "weeks" between the hometown date and the good-bye, most certainly not, and of all the "weeks" before that he was barely spending any time with Des.  

Personally, I think that whether or not he and Des are meant to be, at the point in time of the FS date, he was feeling what normal people feel before a 3rd date, often even with a future spouse:  doubt and uncertainty.

Take his head out of the Bachelor Bubble and think of typical third dates.

Personally, I don't think they are going to prove to be "meant to be" either way, but I have a hard time with the idea that he could have or should have known either way where his heart was at this point in time.  If someone is wrong for you, you know that a lot more certainly than you would that they were right for you, but it sounded like all he knew was that he wasn't in love yet, and dreading the idea of proposing so quickly, plus having all the pressures that come along with a FS date.   Well, duh ... normal third date frame of mind.  

Anyway.  As I said, I doubt this couple too, but I don't feel like it is fair to them to be "certain" about it.

I'd love for them to prove me wrong :)

--

Just say the post on them having to sign a contract to propose at F3.  Wow.  No wonder the guy was crumbling.

Who wants to say they will propose before a third date?

Last edited by dw_a_mom on Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:58 pm; edited 2 times in total

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 36 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Discussion

+63
SouthernMomOf4
sparkler
Di_ATL
isittrue
lovinlife