SELECT CONTENT

ATFR (Live) - 8/05 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion and Spoilers

Page 31 of 35 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ATFR (Live) - 8/05 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion and Spoilers - Page 31 Empty Re: ATFR (Live) - 8/05 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion and Spoilers

Post by Chacharo Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:51 am

I want to comment on Chris not watching the break-up scene.  I believe that is a sign of great maturity on his part.  Why watch something that might potentially cause heartbreak and feelings of doubt?  I also agree with whoever said Chris probably realized that Des had strong feelings for Brooks.  IMO I think they are both smart to look forward and work on their relationship, rather than look back to ruminate over Des' feelings were in that moment.  They seem to be doing a good job of that so far.  It really doesn't matter to me whether they make it to the altar or not - I don't know these people and never will.  I thank them for providing me hours of entertainment this season and enjoyed the finale more than any since Jash.  What most people understand here is that what they do now outside of the Bach Bubble is what really matters for the future.

I'm looking forward to the drama and subsequent snarking of JuanPa's season.  I have high hopes for a snarktastic season.  Hugesmile

"In the end this show is like life more than it's not really....  Sometimes you get Jash and sometimes you get Courtney/Vienna.  The stinky ones squirt out 15 minutes of fame and the good ones make lemonade from their lemons.  It's all what you make of it." - auntie
Chacharo
Chacharo

Back to top Go down

ATFR (Live) - 8/05 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion and Spoilers - Page 31 Empty Re: ATFR (Live) - 8/05 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion and Spoilers

Post by Alanna Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:55 am

Chacharo wrote:I want to comment on Chris not watching the break-up scene.  I believe that is a sign of great maturity on his part.  Why watch something that might potentially cause heartbreak and feelings of doubt?  I also agree with whoever said Chris probably realized that Des had strong feelings for Brooks.  IMO I think they are both smart to look forward and work on their relationship, rather than look back to ruminate over Des' feelings were in that moment.  They seem to be doing a good job of that so far.  It really doesn't matter to me whether they make it to the altar or not - I don't know these people and never will.  I thank them for providing me hours of entertainment this season and enjoyed the finale more than any since Jash.  What most people understand here is that what they do now outside of the Bach Bubble is what really matters for the future.

I'm looking forward to the drama and subsequent snarking of JuanPa's season.  I have high hopes for a snarktastic season.  Hugesmile
ITA with everything you said and also wanted to add that it's not weird he didn't watch the scene- JP didn't see Ashley's finale until JK showed it to them and was joking that she would get a scolding off-camera. Why watch something that won't change the past and will just cause angst and drama?

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by iamreal2u Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:30 am

Don't you need to understand your past to move forward with the future. There is nothing wrong with learning from mistakes it all part of acceptance. Plus, burying their heads in the sand, does not make it go away. I guess I am a better now than later kinda person.
iamreal2u
iamreal2u

Female Posts : 4107

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:31 am

veg_out wrote:
Alanna wrote:
She definitely said all those things and probably felt them to be her true feelings in the moment but IMO it's just like teenagers screaming they hate their parents, want to die, run away, blow up the school or whatever, whatever, whatever. They may feel it when Mom and Dad ground them from the iPad but in reality, it's just a splash of emotions going crazy.

She was hurt and felt betrayed and said all those things, and couple that with her understanding of what love is supposed to be like with feeling unloved, insecure, and unwanted, she freaked out and went nuts. Once she calmed down, she realized that love is the guy that is always there for you that matters, and not the spark she felt with Brooks, which didn't matter since he never wanted her anyway. She seems to understand it now and appreciates and loves the man who wants to be her rock no matter the waves around them.

I also attribute this situation to Ali's and basically echo everything nd posted upthread, except with a caveat. As similar as these situations are and to me, they're bordering on identical, I think the outcomes will be different. Ali had an agenda to be a STAR which Roberto didn't fit and she had many, many previous boyfriends so it wasn't her first rodeo into charming a guy and doing what she wants. I put Des more into the Jillian and Ashley category of women, who don't know their female prowess exists or they don't know how to use it, so I think she'll stick around with Chris instead of running off into LA chasing over Brooks' clone. Like everyone says though, time will tell!

:yes: About Brooks: Even if Des and Brooks were locked in a room, I'm not certain that any additional rehashing of the relationship or "feeling" talks would bring them out of the circle they were running in. At the end of the day, as he intimated last night, "it" wasn't there for him. Why, then, should Des not move on to someone who does love her?

I understand that people are concerned about Chris not watching the Brooks' breakup. I suspect that Chris knew that he was "second" to Brooks; he commented on it since episode 3 and then again in Madiera. When Des told them at the F3 RC that Brooks was gone, I think that "$hit got real" for Drew and Chris who then actually had a shot.

I almost see Chris' LCD as the first date of their "real" relationship, and Chris and Des jumped into things with open hearts unfettered by the "journey to that point". It was a fresh start for them both. If that's the case, I could see Chris more easily dismissing the Brooks stuff and not seeing it necessary to watch the breakup. If that LCD was the start of their relationship essentially and they both knew it, then everything before that time becomes irrelevant to their reality.

I really see possibility for this couple, and I'm elated by the turn of events. yes Brooks will find someone who he wants to love soon.

Re the bolded - Chris still didn't know Drew was gone, nor did he know the extent of Des' feelings for Brooks .... in my opinion, the first day of their "real" relationship started ATFR... Can they actually make it work in the real world?

Also for me, personally, everything before that time is still relevant to their relationship... it's all about who they are as people, how they react and respond and will undoubtedly color their life together in the real world.
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:39 am

iamreal2u wrote:Don't you need to understand your past to move forward with the future.  There is nothing wrong with learning from mistakes it all part of acceptance.  Plus, burying their heads in the sand, does not make it go away.  I guess I am a better now than later kinda person.
While I don't think you necessary need to understand your past to move forward with the future (there are plenty of people that make the same mistakes repeatedly without understanding)... the future happens regardless, the past is prelude. I do agree that refusing to watch the show is a form of burying their heads in the sand... and ultimately this issue will resurface in their relationship.
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by Luvvy Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:42 am

SueSt wrote:
veg_out wrote:
Alanna wrote:
She definitely said all those things and probably felt them to be her true feelings in the moment but IMO it's just like teenagers screaming they hate their parents, want to die, run away, blow up the school or whatever, whatever, whatever. They may feel it when Mom and Dad ground them from the iPad but in reality, it's just a splash of emotions going crazy.

She was hurt and felt betrayed and said all those things, and couple that with her understanding of what love is supposed to be like with feeling unloved, insecure, and unwanted, she freaked out and went nuts. Once she calmed down, she realized that love is the guy that is always there for you that matters, and not the spark she felt with Brooks, which didn't matter since he never wanted her anyway. She seems to understand it now and appreciates and loves the man who wants to be her rock no matter the waves around them.

I also attribute this situation to Ali's and basically echo everything nd posted upthread, except with a caveat. As similar as these situations are and to me, they're bordering on identical, I think the outcomes will be different. Ali had an agenda to be a STAR which Roberto didn't fit and she had many, many previous boyfriends so it wasn't her first rodeo into charming a guy and doing what she wants. I put Des more into the Jillian and Ashley category of women, who don't know their female prowess exists or they don't know how to use it, so I think she'll stick around with Chris instead of running off into LA chasing over Brooks' clone. Like everyone says though, time will tell!

:yes: About Brooks: Even if Des and Brooks were locked in a room, I'm not certain that any additional rehashing of the relationship or "feeling" talks would bring them out of the circle they were running in. At the end of the day, as he intimated last night, "it" wasn't there for him. Why, then, should Des not move on to someone who does love her?

I understand that people are concerned about Chris not watching the Brooks' breakup. I suspect that Chris knew that he was "second" to Brooks; he commented on it since episode 3 and then again in Madiera. When Des told them at the F3 RC that Brooks was gone, I think that "$hit got real" for Drew and Chris who then actually had a shot.

I almost see Chris' LCD as the first date of their "real" relationship, and Chris and Des jumped into things with open hearts unfettered by the "journey to that point". It was a fresh start for them both. If that's the case, I could see Chris more easily dismissing the Brooks stuff and not seeing it necessary to watch the breakup. If that LCD was the start of their relationship essentially and they both knew it, then everything before that time becomes irrelevant to their reality.

I really see possibility for this couple, and I'm elated by the turn of events. yes Brooks will find someone who he wants to love soon.

Re the bolded - Chris still didn't know Drew was gone, nor did he know the extent of Des' feelings for Brooks .... in my opinion, the first day of their "real" relationship started ATFR... Can they actually make it work in the real world?  

Also for me, personally, everything before that time is still relevant to their relationship... it's all about who they are as people, how they react and respond and will undoubtedly color their life together in the real world.

The underlined is a big area of debate. I'm glad Chres have decided what's best for them. I think for me, it only matters that Chris sees what happened with Brooks if Des still has unresolved feelings for him, which she says she doesn't and it at least didn't appear that she has feelings for Brooks on the aftr. I can just hope Des has been completely honest with herself and Chris regarding her feelings for him because that's what truly matters. I have had heartbreak in the past, a relationship that I've learned a lot from, and now know was not right for me. That doesn't mean my new love has to know every detail of that relationship. He will just be the benefactor of whatever painful lessons I learned from that heartbreak, and I kind of view the Chres situation in that light.
Luvvy
Luvvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeleever Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:35 am

I don't see the comparison to Ashley and JP as apples to apples. Ashley was most certainly NOT confessing her love to Ben in the most heart-wrenching, emotional break-up we've ever seen, five days before accepting JP's proposal. Ashley faked her way through the end of the show because she had to in order to be with JP. Des is the one that said she ONLY wanted to date Brooks. Big difference.

If your relationship is built on a solid foundation, there isn't ANYTHING that you shouldn't be able to address and work through. Having this big a skeleton in your closet, one that the whole world knows about, and not dealing with it head on, is a red flag for me. I'm a Des fan and I respect her right to make her own decisions, but this one worries me. I know we all see things differently and I'm good with that.
Beeleever
Beeleever

Female Posts : 3644

Back to top Go down

Post by latergator Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:50 am

SueSt wrote:
iamreal2u wrote:Don't you need to understand your past to move forward with the future.  There is nothing wrong with learning from mistakes it all part of acceptance.  Plus, burying their heads in the sand, does not make it go away.  I guess I am a better now than later kinda person.
While I don't think you necessary need to understand your past to move forward with the future (there are plenty of people that make the same mistakes repeatedly without understanding)... the future happens regardless, the past is prelude.  I do agree that refusing to watch the show is a form of burying their heads in the sand... and ultimately this issue will resurface in their relationship.

Sue, I totally agree with your statement above.  relationships are difficult at best... and in a normal non-televised relationship, the matter of the x-boyfriend and how desperately you were in love, might not be a factor, and would not necessarily be brought up.  not everyone was privy to your feelings and break-up. but in the case of Des and Chris... it was broadcast on TV... it will live forever on the internet, their families and friends have all watched it. are we to assume that all those people need to walk on eggshells to not tip the canoeboat?

Chris may be one of those guys that it wont make a difference, that he loves her and she loves him for what ever reason, he is content with that.  but I fear by avoiding the issue is making it bigger than what it is, and could be the crack in the relationship that does not heal. I like both Des and Chris, but I have a sense of doom in regards to this lasting any length of time... I feel like I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
latergator
latergator

Back to top Go down

Post by Luvvy Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:54 am

^^Well, is not watching it truly avoiding it? She told him she loved Brooks. They say they've discussed it. Does he really need to see it? I feel like if she's been totally honest, they should be okay. I'm sure they have bigger problems than Brooks in the real world, like living together, getting to know each other more, etc.

My favorite favorites ~Chantal O.~Sean~Chres~Jolly~Chris L.~JODI #TeamSushi #TeamYellowRibbon
Luvvy
Luvvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Relalou Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:12 am

Luvvy wrote:^^Well, is not watching it truly avoiding it? She told him she loved Brooks. They say they've discussed it. Does he really need to see it? I feel like if she's been totally honest, they should be okay. I'm sure they have bigger problems than Brooks in the real world, like living together, getting to know each other more, etc.

ITA Luvvy. Folks might want to know that Chris has seen every little detail and statement concerning the Brooks debacle, to be sure that he is ok moving forward, but he doesn't feel he needs to. I think that women are more prone to picking over the details and examining every statement and gesture for its meaning in a relationship while guys just want to live the relationship itself and get on with it. I see it with friends who split up and can't resist checking up on the ex boyfriend, etc, while the guys seem far more able to move on and let go of the past.

They have had 3 months or so of living the reality of their relationship post show, I think it would be unhealthy to begin pouring over what happened to get them to this point. JMO but they are headed in the right direction.

Relalou

Back to top Go down

Post by Chacharo Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:15 am

Luvvy wrote:^^Well, is not watching it truly avoiding it? She told him she loved Brooks. They say they've discussed it. Does he really need to see it? I feel like if she's been totally honest, they should be okay. I'm sure they have bigger problems than Brooks in the real world, like living together, getting to know each other more, etc.

Yeah, I think the Brooks ship has sailed.  I'm guessing the viewers are spending a lot more time discussing it than they are.  The show was done filming like 3 months ago?  It appears to me that they have moved way past it.  Good on them!

"In the end this show is like life more than it's not really....  Sometimes you get Jash and sometimes you get Courtney/Vienna.  The stinky ones squirt out 15 minutes of fame and the good ones make lemonade from their lemons.  It's all what you make of it." - auntie
Chacharo
Chacharo

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:56 am

Beeleever wrote:I don't see the comparison to Ashley and JP as apples to apples. Ashley was most certainly NOT confessing her love to Ben in the most heart-wrenching, emotional break-up we've ever seen, five days before accepting JP's proposal. Ashley faked her way through the end of the show because she had to in order to be with JP. Des is the one that said she ONLY wanted to date Brooks. Big difference.

If your relationship is built on a solid foundation, there isn't ANYTHING that you shouldn't be able to address and work through. Having this big a skeleton in your closet, one that the whole world knows about, and not dealing with it head on, is a red flag for me. I'm a Des fan and I respect her right to make her own decisions, but this one worries me. I know we all see things differently and I'm good with that.

I agree with you 100%, Bee.
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 35 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

ATFR (Live) - 8/05 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion and Spoilers

+95
docnash14
Relalou
Luvvy
Aunties_Love
kash