SELECT CONTENT

ATFR (Live) - 8/05 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion and Spoilers

Page 25 of 35 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30 ... 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ATFR (Live) - 8/05 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion and Spoilers - Page 25 Empty Re: ATFR (Live) - 8/05 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion and Spoilers

Post by Dr_Hottie Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:02 pm

noobsleuth wrote:
Dr_Hottie wrote:Agree with Kasha. How could they ever have pulled off the surprise ending unless they made it look like the Brooks show.

IDK I still think they could have edited differently because the foiler did work. Production didn't need to make it look like the Brooks show. Des "loved" him and I think if anything they hid much more they could have shown. We didn't see the hot and steamy make out in AC and it finally came out at the end she had been writing him notes all season. It's that kind of stuff I hear that makes me realize that editing didn't have to do the work to sell the Des/Brooks love story.... Des flat out told him she loved him and it was only him. Her actions all season, such as the letter writing have supported that.  I really don't know what other editing could have been down to turn that around. Again, I'm glad the spoilers were wrong for the sake of sleuthing, but I don't think she should have decided to get engaged in Antigua.

Kudos to them for the surprise ending, but I think it was at the expense of the love story. I'm not just talking about Brooks either... like Kasha said, Bryan, Bryden, Ben, and James. They really did not do her any favors and while she picked a really amazing guy who truly loves her, this season was just terrible and boring with the only intensity was watching the countdown to 10 and realizing there wasn't enough to time for Brooks to come back. haha

Oh well, on to JPG's season! It's time to bring sexy back. seeing hearts 
Thankfully it wasn't a boring season for me, Noob, because I only watched Finale 1/2. I can imagine the fatigue/annoyance of those who watched the entire thing. But now, onward, and yes, yes, yes; we're bringin' sexy back!
Dr_Hottie
Dr_Hottie

Back to top Go down

ATFR (Live) - 8/05 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion and Spoilers - Page 25 Empty Re: ATFR (Live) - 8/05 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion and Spoilers

Post by bilolo Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:09 pm

it's just weird but i hope they make it and hope that Des does not regret anything or does not force herself into thinking she loves Chris if she's not, don't settle it's not good !
All the best wishes to the couple !
bilolo
bilolo

Female Posts : 2995

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:10 pm

ABC (8.672 million viewers, #1; adults 18-49: 2.6, #1) pulled in front on Monday thanks to the two-hour season finale of "The Bachelorette" (8.841 million viewers, #2; adults 18-49: 2.6, #1) plus the reunion special "The Bachelorette: After the Final Rose" (8.334 million viewers, #3; adults 18-49: 2.5, #T2).
Read more at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by black_tears Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:13 pm

I loved the surprise element of last night's show, although I swear I almost had a heart attack throughout the ending waiting for Brooks to jump out of nowhere and Chris to be heart-broken. giggling 

I am actually very pleased that Des went with Chris. I know people are disgruntled about Des being in love with Brooks...but just as Drew said at the ATFR, love is a two-way street. Even if Des was in love with Brooks, Brooks was clearly not in love with Des. And therefore, it would have never worked. Also, just because you're in love with someone doesn't mean that its the right person for you, or that you can't move on...I think the weird thing about this show is that everything's more rushed. And you're dating multiple people at the same time. Des was falling in love with Chris at a slower rate than Brooks, but she was still falling in love with him. And in the end, I think part of her hesitation was that she was scared to be with someone that loved her as much as she loved them. The fact that she was willing to take the chance of being vulnerable with Chris speaks volumes to me.

Call it post-ATFR glow, or rose colored glasses, but I think these two dorky kids have a chance. I think they have similar values, ways of looking at life, are committed people, and have that friendship base. All the necessary elements to build a strong lasting relationship.

I went through a similar situation in that I fell in love with someone who couldn't reciprocate those feelings. I was blinded by my own love and couldn't see that he just wasn't right for me. I started dating someone quickly after I realized that we weren't right more as a rebound...and it led to a steady rock who has become everything and more to me. I would hate for people to discount my love for my boyfriend simply because I was so "in love" with a dude who ended up being a waste of my emotions and time. JMHO.

Also, I'm pumped about Juan Pa (as the Spaniards would say). I think JP is going to be a riot. Bring on the rolling around in the sand, the cheesiness, and the hot tubs!! 2pop 
black_tears
black_tears

Female Posts : 1107

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:25 pm

Excellent post, black_tears. ITA.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15498

Back to top Go down

Post by SouthernMomOf4 Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:31 pm

noobsleuth wrote:If they wanted to sell the Chris and Des love story they shouldn't have shown her tell CH she loved Brooks in Madeira and shouldn't have showed her telling Brooks it was him in the end, that she loved him and still does, that she wanted to give her heart to him and didn't even want the other guys in the picture. Just a week ago she was flat out desperate to keep Brooks around.

I do believe that Des and Chris could be happily engaged and in love now, but that engagement last night was the biggest WTH moment I've seen from this show in a long time. I would have preferred to see Brooks come back, and if she was really in love with Chris, reject Brooks and choose Chris, or walk away alone and choose to date Chris at the ATFR (like Jason and Molly did).

But according to CH she also told him she loved Chris in Madeira and no one seems to remember that - which is kind of understandable because when we think we know who the F1 is, anything she says about the others we tend to write off in our minds...

SouthernMomOf4

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:35 pm

My two cents......

1) I truly believe MF's spies here on this board during Emily's season were so inspired by TTF vs Spoiled debate ( that's putting it kindly) that they realized, if they DID put forth a full fledged Foiler, that they could get their big Kaboom of RS. It was always my belief that MF does not care who he hurts in the process, all contestants can be manipulated, used, abused, and smeared, as long as he was able to prove that RS could be fooled. MF does not care if the show makes it easier or more difficult for the couple to survive. He just wants his show to survive. And I think MF feels that an unspoiled show is easier to manipulate for drama sake and will bring in more viewers, hence more money for him.
TTF, I think we're gonna need a bigger roll for next season!
Time for a song... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2) I know I am in the minority, but I don't think JP is all that hot. He is, however, a nice guy who seems sincere.
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:36 pm

Excellent points black tears.  At the end of the day,  Des' quick turnaround/realization isn't any crazier than her being head over heels in love with Brooks in the first place, or Brooks returning to propose. Its all crazytown, might as well jump in with someone as stand up as Chris.
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper61 Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:46 pm

I think I recall her saying she was falling for Chris but not that she loved Chris.  I could be misremembering, but even after that, what she said during and after her Madeira date with Brooks reaffirmed how she felt about him.  Until the breakup and even during the breakup she confessed she loved him, and the infamous not being able to love the other two the same.  I guess a good excuse is saying your love for one, blinded and blocked the possibility with the others.  But she would not have said that had Brooks went on the FD, and stayed until the end.  I can't reconcile being so in love with Brooks for awhile, and then 3-5 days later being in love with Chris to accept his proposal.  It happened, they're engaged, but I reserve a bit of doubt to her total sincerity accepting the proposal.  Time heals, so she has had time to heal now but I don't think she has completely and I still didn't see the same sparkle with Chris last night that I saw with Brooks.  Granted, we didn't see every moment and agentcurls said they were very cudly, kissy and sweet with each other.  I wish them the best for their future together.

Last edited by Piper61 on Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Piper61
Piper61

Female Posts : 6364

Back to top Go down

Post by SouthernMomOf4 Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:52 pm

We saw only what Fleiss wanted us to see and we have no idea what is on the cutting room floor.

We also saw total meltdowns from Ali and from Ashley over Frank and Bentley and I am sure there were plenty of questions about Roberto and JP. Now look at Ashley and JP.

There is no magic 8 ball here and time will tell if Des and Chris make it, but like I have said, I don't usually hold out much hope for the happy couple at the end of these things, but for some reason I have a good feeling about these two.

SouthernMomOf4

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariela Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:54 pm

Piper61 wrote:I think I recall her saying she was falling for Chris but not that she loved Chris.  I could be misremembering, but even after that, what she said during and after her Madeira date with Brooks reaffirmed how she felt about him.  Until the breakup and even during the breakup she confessed she loved him, and the infamous not being able to love the other two the same.  I guess a good excuse is saying your love for one, blinded and blocked the possibility with the others.  But she would not have said that had Brooks went on the FD, and stayed until the end.  I can't reconcile being so in love with Brooks for awhile, and then 3-5 days later being in love with Chris to accept his proposal.  It happened, they're engaged, but I reserve a bit of doubt to her total sincereity accepting the proposal.  Time heals, so she has had time to heal now but I don't think she has completely and I still didn't see the same sparkle with Chris last night that I saw with Brooks.  Granted, we didn't see every moment and agentcurls said they were very cudly, kissy and sweet with each other.  I wish them the best for their future together.

I think she did the best she could with what she had to work with.

Ariela

Back to top Go down

Post by noobsleuth Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:55 pm

SouthernMomOf4 wrote:
noobsleuth wrote:If they wanted to sell the Chris and Des love story they shouldn't have shown her tell CH she loved Brooks in Madeira and shouldn't have showed her telling Brooks it was him in the end, that she loved him and still does, that she wanted to give her heart to him and didn't even want the other guys in the picture. Just a week ago she was flat out desperate to keep Brooks around.

I do believe that Des and Chris could be happily engaged and in love now, but that engagement last night was the biggest WTH moment I've seen from this show in a long time. I would have preferred to see Brooks come back, and if she was really in love with Chris, reject Brooks and choose Chris, or walk away alone and choose to date Chris at the ATFR (like Jason and Molly did).

But according to CH she also told him she loved Chris in Madeira and no one seems to remember that - which is kind of understandable because when we think we know who the F1 is, anything she says about the others we tend to write off in our minds...

We always get leads saying that they "love" people... it doesn't mean that they are in love with them. Des drew that line in the sand during that conversation. She loves Chris on one side, but was in love with Brooks on the other.

Don't get me wrong.... all's well that ends well as Chris and Des appear to have grown closer over the past 3 months. I think they are doing the right thing by getting far, far from LA and Dancing with the D-list. For me, the proposal aspect of the show is always a problem and I rarely believe they have any kind of validity. It seemed very rushed to me. They devoted an hour of the last episode to the Brooks breakup and then a good chunk of even the finale he-hawing over his departure still. In a week, (if that) she has allegedly gone through all of the stages of grief, turns around, falls in love with someone else, and of all things decides she wants to marry the person. They made her look flighty... well actually, she did that herself.

I don't have a problem with her choosing Chris. I could see the signs that pointed that it could be him. I question where Des' head was at on day. I'm sure it's in a different place now, but she still sat there last night and was asking Brooks the same questions that Drew was asking her.

OT, but for once I wold love to see the guy shell out some of his own hard earned money for the ring his future wife will wear. I think it would mean more. My grandfather recently told me of how he could only afford to buy my grandmother's engagement ring and then had to go back to work re-stacking bowling pins by hand at the bowling alley (LOL) for 3 months so he could then go by the wedding band.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
noobsleuth
noobsleuth

Female Posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 35 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30 ... 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

ATFR (Live) - 8/05 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion and Spoilers

+95
docnash14
Relalou
Luvvy
Aunties_Love
kash