SELECT CONTENT

ATFR (Live) - 8/05 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion and Spoilers

Page 22 of 35 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28 ... 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ATFR (Live) - 8/05 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion and Spoilers - Page 22 Empty Re: ATFR (Live) - 8/05 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion and Spoilers

Post by Guest Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:56 am

agentcurls wrote:I was able to squeeze into ATFR live studio taping today!

First, congrats to Chris & Des and best of luck to them.

Des was all smiles before Brooks came out. The tension and energy was still quite palpable between them and I felt like there was still unfinished business on Brooks' end, (not really on Des'). But I felt like CH interjected a bit and shortened Brooks' answers to questions, etc. and the whole Brooks segment felt rushed. Brooks was sooooooooo nervous. But he seems to be in a good place. After Brooks exited the stage, Des looked a bit bittersweet & sad.

Drew seemed so confident and was super eloquent tonight! If he would've given Des more of that, shall I say? "manly" side, maybe his fate would've been different. He asked her some tough questions. I felt a lot of tension between them, but also saw mutual respect. I don't believe for one nanosecond that boy is over Des. No way. I thought he had lots of swagger tonight, and perhaps, hints of bitterness.

Des and Chris looked adorable together. They really were snugly and very kissy-kissy! You can tell there is love there. I have my own opinions on what type of love it is. ( not necessarily one filled with passion, but something more of an adoring, comforting, innocent love) I know which one I prefer, but hey, we all have our love preferences! I do not think she is entirely over Brooks, but maybe heading in that direction. Only time will tell how long their love story will live on, especially with her move to Seattle, but I hope they can find peace and happiness. I hope she can find that passion with Chris, otherwise, she might always compare her feelings for Chris now to the feelings she had in the past with Brooks. She did seem happy and relieved! But I wouldn't say jubilant.

The audience went totally nuts for JP! He danced through the studio for us and rushed the audience, giving high fives and hugs. He is going to be a hoot!! I'm looking forward to seeing the more serious side of Juan Pa, too.

Not sure I added anything that valuable to the conversation, but these are my thoughts after being there in person and seeing them all sitting in front of me.

Thanks so much agentcurls! That's so awesome you got to go, and your insight very interesting. Your take on Des/Chris/Brooks nailed my perception of the whole thing. I hope she's happy though, that's all that matters

Back to top Go down

ATFR (Live) - 8/05 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion and Spoilers - Page 22 Empty Re: ATFR (Live) - 8/05 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion and Spoilers

Post by Guest Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:03 am

Alanna wrote:
sfrank wrote:
atem wrote:I think it totally can work out between Desiree and Chris S.  However, if Brooks had indicated he would have proposed, she would have picked him.  I know people don't want to admit it, but that is the case.

So happy for Desiree though!

I am with you atem! Trista said it best tonight "I hope Des asks herself what she would do if Brooks came back & that the answer is that she would choose Chris". Only Des truly knows the answer to that deep down.  I think Chris and Des and a really shot of making it work. Best wishes to them.
I think if Brooks had proposed back in Antigua, she would have 100% chosen him. Now, however, I think she truly understands that love doesn't have to be a wild, uncontrolled forest fire to be "real" and that the love she has with Chris is the "real" love while whatever she wanted from Brooks wasn't only hollow and empty and based on nothing but the initial burst of flame, but also one-sided. Live and learn and it seems it's finally clicked for her. Compared to Jillian, who only understood it after years and years, Des is a quick learner. Also Brooks did her a favor Ed was too selfish to make by bowing out when he should have.

Well said Alanna, I'm sure it wasn't an easy thing to do, but I really admire Brooks for the courage it took to do it. Des is much better off that it happened when it did instead of later.

Back to top Go down

Post by SouthernMomOf4 Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:19 am

I like to think of the feelings that Des had for Brooks as "bubble love". There is one every season. It seems intense but you just know that once outside of the bach bubble that thing is going to crash and burn.

Des and Chris seem to have something far more along the lines of what real enduring love is built on and I am actually hopeful for this couple. If you ask couples who have been together forever about their relationship most will say they are each others best friend. That is the base. Chris and Des looked adorable to me last night and I really do hope all the best for them.

SouthernMomOf4

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:27 am

Nativenewyorker wrote:
nd4reality wrote:
latergator wrote:congratulations to Des and Chris... they make a beautiful couple and the proposal was beautiful.

it appears that my source was fliessed, first time since Ali's season.  but, I gotta give it to MF, he got RS didn't he.

it has been fun with you guys, and I will hang around for a bit, but life goes on... at least it better.

All the sources were Fleissed.

I just hope the board learns a lesson and stops jumping on the spoiled F1 bandwagon and makes posting here easier to the non-believers.

This season should stand as a lesson to all. Ali, Brad 1.0 and now this one - it is possible to be completely fooled.

Right on!

I just want to say to the people who called those who spoke their truth and didn't believe that Brooks could return and propose after dumping Des, maybe you will learn from this and not call us things like "mean" and "haters" and "depressed" and "negative". Those were a few of the unflattering adjectives that were thrown around so carelessly.  

Some people here were able to think for themselves and express their opinion even though it didn't match the spoilers.  Everyone deserves respect no matter what they choose to believe. There should be a willingness to embrace diversity of thought and opinion and a lively dialogue and healthy discussion.  

Now that all the sources were wrong, the spoilers were wrong, RS was wrong, all of them, I sincerely hope that old-fashioned sleuthing can once again thrive as it has in the past.

Re the bold, I would love that! If you look back at the season, and took the spoilers out of the equation and just focused on the facts, the sleuthing results would be very different than the spoilers. No screencaps showing Brooks coming back, no Drew picking out rings, no MTP scaps for Drew, no sign of Brooks anywhere post filming. RS can spoil all he wants, its the same old same old, he's not a sleuther. Unfortunatley when he spoils, it makes it difficult for the sleuthers to carry on, because as posted upthread by many, they can't voice their opinions if it isn't coinciding with the spoilers. Even I tried to look at it objectively but the spoilers always come back to mind and mess you up.

Its difficult to look back and watch Des so heartbroken over Brooks, she at one point said she just wanted to go home. OTOH, I like that Brooks said he wasn't surprised she was engaged to Chris. He noticed how Des looked at Chris on group dates. So he probably wanted to take himself out, because 1. he wasn't feeling it, and 2. he knew it was going to be Chris and didn't want to play the game. So good for him.

Chris is a sweetheart, they make a cute couple. I love how he wanted to have their own place to start a new life.

I also love that JP is the next bachelor! Yikes! :Drool: 

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:30 am

Now that the sun has come up … just wanted to share my thoughts in light of what we all saw and experienced.

1. I was VERY happy that Brooks did not return; for him AND for Des. He still was jittery (wonder if it was nerves) and it was really obvious, to me at least, in light of ATFR that he made the right decision for them both… and based on what I observed, in the ‘light of day’ I believe Des felt the same way.

2. I wish Des and Chris all the best moving forward. To me there was (and still is) a lot of immature, for lack of a better word, interaction and body language between them, but if they are happy, I’m thrilled for them. I think it’s great that Des is moving to Seattle immediately to give the relationship the best chance to succeed. Although if I’m being honest, the cynic in me questions whether she’s just trying to ‘close the deal’ with Chris, to get to Seattle before he has any hesitations, in light of having to watch the last few episodes of the show… but regardless, I wish them well.

3. I know I supported the idea that Des COULD move on from Brooks with Chris/Drew if she realized the error of her ways, but seeing it play out on TV last night, her quick switch left me with a very very icky feeling… I don’t believe her feelings about Brooks are completely resolved and believe that ultimately (and I hope I’m wrong) they will surface in her relationship with Chris.

4. I love Drew. I said it last night along with his other fans on his thread, but what a stand up guy, really class act and I just wish him a lifetime of happiness and love.

5. The devil got a stake through his heart. RS was skewered and I think we can all agree this is totally satisfying!

6. Although I think he’s charming, I’m not particularly looking forward to JP as the bachelor.

7. Finally, I want to send my thanks again to all on this forum. It has been wonderful sharing our thoughts, feelings and hopes over this season. I have really enjoyed our 'talks' and wish you lots of love.
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by sopearl Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:32 am

I think we missed a line or two that could have made this last-minute love for Chris easier to understand.

I thought of Jason's confusion with Melissa and Molly. Is this so different? Only in what we were allowed to see, and how the ending played out on our screens.

I think she did fall for two men and was leaning Brook's direction, but she loved Chris too. Seems she may have loved Chris in a way that is more real than "in the bubble".

So..... I am going to think of this as a Jason and Molly situation that worked out in a kinder way.

sopearl
sopearl

Female Posts : 165

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:36 am

agentcurls wrote:I was able to squeeze into ATFR live studio taping today!

First, congrats to Chris & Des and best of luck to them.

Des was all smiles before Brooks came out. The tension and energy was still quite palpable between them and I felt like there was still unfinished business on Brooks' end, (not really on Des'). But I felt like CH interjected a bit and shortened Brooks' answers to questions, etc. and the whole Brooks segment felt rushed. Brooks was sooooooooo nervous. But he seems to be in a good place. After Brooks exited the stage, Des looked a bit bittersweet & sad.

Drew seemed so confident and was super eloquent tonight! If he would've given Des more of that, shall I say? "manly" side, maybe his fate would've been different. He asked her some tough questions. I felt a lot of tension between them, but also saw mutual respect. I don't believe for one nanosecond that boy is over Des. No way. I thought he had lots of swagger tonight, and perhaps, hints of bitterness.

Des and Chris looked adorable together. They really were snugly and very kissy-kissy! You can tell there is love there. I have my own opinions on what type of love it is. ( not necessarily one filled with passion, but something more of an adoring, comforting, innocent love) I know which one I prefer, but hey, we all have our love preferences! I do not think she is entirely over Brooks, but maybe heading in that direction. Only time will tell how long their love story will live on, especially with her move to Seattle, but I hope they can find peace and happiness. I hope she can find that passion with Chris, otherwise, she might always compare her feelings for Chris now to the feelings she had in the past with Brooks. She did seem happy and relieved! But I wouldn't say jubilant.

The audience went totally nuts for JP! He danced through the studio for us and rushed the audience, giving high fives and hugs. He is going to be a hoot!! I'm looking forward to seeing the more serious side of Juan Pa, too.

Not sure I added anything that valuable to the conversation, but these are my thoughts after being there in person and seeing them all sitting in front of me.
Thanks so much for sharing your observations, agentcurls. Sooo cool that you had an opportunity to go to the show.
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by avitalna Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:38 am

thanku all!!!!!

avitalna

Back to top Go down

Post by SouthernMomOf4 Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:41 am

I have no issue with Des switching to Chris after watching last night. She said it herself, with Brooks out of the way, she was able to see a bit more clearly what was right in front of her.

We all have that crush, the one we know we can't quite get, and that chase makes it so much more appealing, but at the end of the day, the one that is real - the one that will endure - is the place we know we belong and if we can find our way there, we are lucky indeed.

Relationships that are on equal footing are the ones that last and I give this one a lot more of a shot than most that come out of this show.

As always, time will tell - but this was looks like it has an actual shot, and I don't say that often. :giggle:

SouthernMomOf4

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:45 am

Saw Kimmel last night. He didn't spare the barbs and went right for calling Chris "the second choice." Also, thought it was interesting that Des had pretapped a silly skit and didn't come back to the show, as finalists normally do and particularly didn't come back with Chris. Finally, the info on GMA and Kelly & Michael also does not indicate that Chris will be joining Des... so this is interesting to me.
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:49 am

SueSt wrote:Saw Kimmel last night.  He didn't spare the barbs and went right for calling Chris "the second choice."  Also, thought it was interesting that Des had pretapped a silly skit and didn't come back to the show, as finalists normally do and particularly didn't come back with Chris.  Finally, the info on GMA and Kelly & Michael also does not indicate that Chris will be joining Des... so this is interesting to me.  

They're on GMA right now together.
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:50 am

bleuberry wrote:
SueSt wrote:Saw Kimmel last night.  He didn't spare the barbs and went right for calling Chris "the second choice."  Also, thought it was interesting that Des had pretapped a silly skit and didn't come back to the show, as finalists normally do and particularly didn't come back with Chris.  Finally, the info on GMA and Kelly & Michael also does not indicate that Chris will be joining Des... so this is interesting to me.  

They're on GMA right now together.
Thanks for the update, bleuberry. At work and can't watch.
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 35 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28 ... 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

ATFR (Live) - 8/05 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion and Spoilers

+95
docnash14
Relalou
Luvvy
Aunties_Love
kash