SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion

Page 42 of 53 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 47 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion - Page 42 Empty Re: Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:40 pm

Responsible for viruses....LOL....I have heard that one too.....threatened to shut me down.

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion - Page 42 Empty Re: Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion

Post by onlyme Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:51 pm

nutty1 wrote:That's interesting. Could Fleiss be that evil that he purposely set out to make RS look like a fool?? plotting YES!

The problem is, if they continue to mess with RS (he hasn't been wrong yet as to who the last two are) we will just go with the opposite of what RS says. At some point Fleiss will have to let RS get it right to keep us guessing each season.

onlyme

Female Posts : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:55 pm

onlyme wrote:
nutty1 wrote:That's interesting. Could Fleiss be that evil that he purposely set out to make RS look like a fool?? plotting YES!

The problem is, if they continue to mess with RS (he hasn't been wrong yet as to who the last two are) we will just go with the opposite of what RS says. At some point Fleiss will have to let RS get it right to keep us guessing each season.

But the key is, we will never really know for sure!!

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by onlyme Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:01 pm

nutty1 wrote:
onlyme wrote:

But the key is, we will never really know for sure!!

BINGO! That's why after weeks of thinking it has to JP as F1, I'm not so sure. I can't depend 100% on what RS says... hissyfit

Which in some ways is good, I can sleuth the old fashioned way.

onlyme

Female Posts : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by jelle Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:01 pm

I have thought from the beginning this was a straight forward edit, and nothing has changed my mind.

I believe they get 26 people, throw them in a confined area and watch the fireworks. Sometimes they get lucky and their casting hunches play out, sometimes they can induce some good/great moments.

I think Ashley was fortunate that she had some great guys, and she could narrow down the ones she liked rather quickly and discard the rest.

Bentley would have departed when he did whether it was his decision or production. No way were they going to let him scam the show. But he was a great obstacle to throw in Ashley's path and get everyone riled up.

By the time they started travelling, JP was at the top of Ashley's list and everything else was simply a divesion - roadblocks along the way, potholes along the tunpike - leading to the finale. JP rescues the princess all through the show. They could have ended the show at Phuket and made the rest a travelogue - "Travels with Ashley and JP."

IMO
jelle
jelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:26 pm

jelle wrote:I have thought from the beginning this was a straight forward edit, and nothing has changed my mind.

I believe they get 26 people, throw them in a confined area and watch the fireworks. Sometimes they get lucky and their casting hunches play out, sometimes they can induce some good/great moments.

I think Ashley was fortunate that she had some great guys, and she could narrow down the ones she liked rather quickly and discard the rest.

Bentley would have departed when he did whether it was his decision or production. No way were they going to let him scam the show. But he was a great obstacle to throw in Ashley's path and get everyone riled up.

By the time they started travelling, JP was at the top of Ashley's list and everything else was simply a divesion - roadblocks along the way, potholes along the tunpike - leading to the finale. JP rescues the princess all through the show. They could have ended the show at Phuket and made the rest a travelogue - "Travels with Ashley and JP."

IMO

At her core, Ashley is a good girl and that scene on the beach in Phuket said it all, she was done and letting him carry her back to all of the men was a clear sign of that to everyone. JMO.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:43 pm

mnmhughes wrote:
bluwavz wrote:
ironcat wrote:
meauxwalk wrote:
Reidiscool wrote:When you think about it the editors have been rather clever this season, JP's edit has shades of Chantal and Ben is now getting shades of CL's edit. Both were F2s.

Mike Fleiss if you are reading this...ILU.... for keeping me hooked until the end!

From an editing and storytelling standpoint, I think it fits that the F2 guys are both edited as "F2."

It fits with Ashley's early statements that Bentley was her early F1 pick. For nearly 6 episodes, Bentley was shoved down our throats; Ashley was all about him. We are told that production "nearly stopped" when he left (whether it really did or not) because she was so devastated. Perhaps TPTB are trying to give the impression that, despite her 'closure,' Bentley is still F1--that when he walked away, there were only 'F2's' left.

Having both men go into the FRC with a F2 edit creates doubt that she picks/leaves with anyone (since it implies that there is no F1). This also corresponds to the brief FRC previews that we are getting of her running after someone and saying that the day was ruined.

My question is why is the edit so odd? In some ways, it seems similar to Brad II, where all the previews insinuated that he left alone again, while we were being shown him pursuing Emily. This season we have previews that give the impression that Ashley is alone, and yet we are being shown serious physical chemistry with JP and a budding romance with sensitive Ben. I doubt that Ashley leaves alone, so is this just an attempt to fool everyone, or is it pointing to something else?

Well, maybe this accounts for the wonky edit, and we can all agree that since she did pick someone (we all do agree on this by now, don't we?), the edit was purposely misleading in the case of one guy. I guess we'll continue to debate which guy until the bitter end.

I still think that the original plan was to continue with the Bentley drama (ie, the misconception that Bentley really was the F1) until the very end, and then they had to regroup when the audience abandoned them in droves due to massive backlash against their lead. With Bentley out of the picture as a plot point, and JP already halfway through a F2 edit, while Ben was halfway through a F3 edit, this mishmash is what resulted.

I kind of have to agree that the original plan was to have the Bentley drama last until the last episode. The problem was that it backfired on them and they had to change the plan. Her "FU Bentley" ITM was obviously filmed after the season had already wrapped up production. Her hair and makeup were completely different in it. They had to film it in order to get rid of the storyline for good and redeem Ashley. If the whole Bentley drama hadn't backfired, we would've seen a differently edited conversation with him in Hong Kong, and then probably a whole slew of voice overs the whole season with her still pining over Bentley and how she doesn't think this whole process is going to work for her. I say thank goodness that whole thing backfired. :laughingoutlou

I don't know that it would have gone on the whole season, but at least HTD's. They made a point of showing Ashley saying, "Who?" when CH brought him up in the last episode.

yes

Shelby

Female Posts : 3826

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:44 pm

jelle wrote:I have thought from the beginning this was a straight forward edit, and nothing has changed my mind.

IMO

I tend to agree with this. I like both guys, but it has seemed pretty obvious to me. Now, I have been wrong before so I also try and play devil's advocate and keep questioning it, but my gut says JP for sure. The looks, the dates, the body language, the blogs, vlogs, the tweets, etc. all point to it for me. Even the media campaign to say don't be so sure it is JP, makes me more sure it is JP. I think she has fun with Ben (everyone seems to really like to hang out with him), but don't think they are that romantic together at all. But, I like having some uncertainty so I can keep studying :D :study:

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:45 pm

IMO
yes

One daily click generates .6 bowls of food at The Animal Rescue Site

"Reality television frequently portrays a modified (...) day-to-day life, at times utilizing sensationalism to attract audience viewers and increase advertising revenue. Participants are often placed in exotic locations or abnormal situations, and are often persuaded to act in specific scripted ways by off-screen "story editors" or "segment television producers" with the portrayal of events and speech manipulated and contrived to create an illusion of reality through direction and post-production editing techniques." ~ Wikipedia

Shelby

Female Posts : 3826

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:48 pm

IMO
I agree Good Post word
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Post by Nativenewyorker Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:56 pm

ironcat wrote:
Reidiscool wrote:The shortness of JPs 1-1s and his HTD, his competitive edit and Ash's incessant reminders of looking for REAL and not trying to "win" her lead me to think that JP was always going to be her her F2. The Bentley crap, the less than stellar edit of JP, and Ash choosing him against her families wishes just doesn't make sense to me for a JP F1. It is just smoke and mirrors for the audience to think that Ash's picker is broken. She fell for the cad Bentley and now she's going to fall for JP, despite the edited jealousy warnings and the family disapproval.

Here's the thing though. The majority of the audience won't think Ashley's picker is broken if she chooses JP. This idea that he has gotten such a bad edit is only in the opinions of some sleuthers who analyze the edit, but it isn't scaring off the majority of viewers who aren't so alarmed by all of JP's supposed flaws. And I can already predict that in the matchup between Ash's sister and JP, the overall audience will side with JP, and it will probably only make him more endearing to them.

Comparing JP's situation with Kirsten from the Firestone season is problematic. Kirsten was a true villain that whole season, and NOBODY was rooting for her. When she finally got her comeuppance at the hands of Andrew's brother, the viewers cheered. That was exactly the edit the producers were going for. If they are trying to duplicate that reaction this season, they will have failed miserably.

I was going to give my thoughts, but then I read. your comments and realized you pretty much made my argument. I think we get into our own bubble online. It's easy to forget that the average viewer is seeing things very differently, having not been spoiled. They don't know about the edit and the splicing and dicing and scripting that is such a part of this show.

Unfortunately, JP has been made out to be something that I simply do not think he is, by some people online. Things get exaggerated and exhanced and words are parsed and analyzed to death. It's almost as though JP has to play the villain to Ben's good guy. This is the dynamic that always really bothers me. Things are broken down in terms of black and white, good versus evil, saint versus devil. It sure makes things more dramatic, but I don't think it is an accurate portrayal of the contestants. No one is all good and no one is all bad. I think the majority of the viewing audience doesn't see the F2 in this histrionic and melodramatic manner.
Nativenewyorker
Nativenewyorker

Female Posts : 1819

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecilia Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:12 pm

I don't think JP has gotten a bad edit either. Everyone loves him. He is the fan favorite. So, he got jealous. So what. He can't be that jealous of a person in the way he reacted to the news about Bentley. It just shows he's human/really into her. Most women are glad he was jealous. Shows he cares.
Cecilia
Cecilia

Female Posts : 2283

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 53 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 47 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion

+76
pavalygurl
Chacharo
tigertiz
2observe
happyvalleygirl