SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion

Page 24 of 53 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 38 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion - Page 24 Empty Re: Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion

Post by albean99 Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:42 pm

I don't see JP as getting a slow burn edit. Their chemistry was almost right off the bat - will it last or will he be the one to burn out while slow burn Ben passes him by? :awesome:

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15499

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion - Page 24 Empty Re: Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion

Post by LibbyBell Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:53 pm

JBF wrote:Just adding some more... probably covered by you before and all subject for folks to argue here.

OK... first things first. The Bentley storyline was set up accordingly:

Quote from Bentley in episode #3: Heartbreak is worse than any illness in my opinion. It’s not just physical pain, it is emotional pain, but it has to happen.

Whether or not Ashley really considered Bentley her final one is something everybody debates here, but it is a part of THE STORY they are telling. They needed to show her go through it in order to put her "on the right track" with Jordan, who also went through it. On the hometown date, MARK MY WORD... we will hear some repeat lines on this subject.

You have probably nailed Ben's STORY so far (not the real Ben, but the one they are creating a story for). It is all about his walls coming down and finding that he can fall in love again. Unfortunately, so much of what he says is to the camera and not to her. She asked him if he was proposing on his first 1 on 1 and he paused on that. He is completely honest with her in episode #7 about not throwing the L word (like Reid was on his Fantasy Date). Absolutely nothing wrong with that... you have to be cautious in this kind of setting. He's very analytical and doesn't just jump to answers right away.

However, in BOTH episodes #5 and #7, she is saying she thinks she may/could fall in love with him and that she feels he is her boyfriend. However, Ben is thinking future wife or fiancé out loud to the camera. This hints that something isn't getting communicated here. This does resemble Ryan's lot in some respects: they aren't exactly "reading" each other properly.

Now, like you suggest, they may overcome this "obstacle". The season is certainly not over.

Ben is a pretty smart guy though: "The walls are down and if that means I get crushed in the end that’s part of it, at the same time if I end up with the girl that I love then that would be a dream come true."

Contrasting with her lines with Ben, she states in the previous episode, “Talking to JP tonight, I realized that I’m starting to fall for him.” In addition, she said in this last episode that the outfit for Lucas is traditional for a traditional man like him, but... and I'm quoting EXACTLY here... when she discusses Jordan, "He is the one in the most traditional outfit for us." (This is one of many "set-up" lines I've been catching: she will pay a compliment early in an episode for one guy, only to use it as a set-up for a bigger "like" compliment for HER man.)

You can also say Jordan and Ash aren't always "reading" each other properly either. He has trouble reading into her head, in addition to all of the mind&%$# this program brings. She thinks he's calmer than he appears. Yet, we are seeing each of these barriers getting overcome, starting with the Bentley discussion, followed by him telling her of his sudden feelings of jealousy and difficulty with The Process. She was quite teary eyed in that scene. (Those screencaps pretty much let the cat out of the bag. There are even a few posts on abc.com commenting on them.)

Many aspects of Mickey's 1 on 1 in Las Vegas (the one Jordan lost to a coin toss) foreshadowed key Jordan incidents, such as the question “When was the last time you cried?” She told Mickey that tears are a sign of strength, not weakness.

In her blog for people.com, she does not mention Jordan, but these lines were interesting: There's something about people showing their emotions that viewers tend to frown upon. They are said to be weak or an emotional mess. To me, showing emotion is a sign of sincerity and strength. There's something about people showing their emotions that viewers tend to frown upon. They are said to be weak or an emotional mess. To me, showing emotion is a sign of sincerity and strength.

Whether or not some viewers think Jordan’s performance was like a 15-year old, it certainly wasn’t to HER.

Great post JBF!! yes

How can you help it when the music starts to play, And your ability to reason is swept away
Oh-oh-oh, heaven on earth is all you see, You're out of touch with reality
And now you cry but when you do-- Next time around someone cries for you
LibbyBell
LibbyBell

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:53 pm

KarmaGirl wrote:I remember reading something about a producer of this show saying that the guy who wins Ashley's heart is sensitive, and she helps him heal from a broken heart. I read that as it could be Ben or JP. Ben's broken heart was from his Dad's death, he is obviously very affected by that, emotionally shut down for years, and is now opening up to love again. JP's broken heart was from his ex-girlfriend and he was obviously very hurt (and isn't she a fool, or what?!) In any event, both men are sensitive in their own ways. I think JP is a very sensitive guy, a strong communicator who is interested in listening to Ashley's feelings - yet he is also all man - 100% testosterone. I see Ben as being very sensitive, and kind, and gentle, so it could refer to him.
They are definitely smart how they throw out these teasers.
I'm not sure if it is my mid-life crisis attraction to JP or what, but I am having MORE fun with the mystery of this season than any other. I find Ashley to be so REAL and adorable and accomplished - it is easy to root for her. As for JP's "jealousy" - I think it is a welcome change from Bentley's indifference. So, those are a few thoughts of mine!

I agree

Back to top Go down

Post by Living Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:03 pm

KarmaGirl wrote:Yes, that is what I'm wondering, is the "slow burn" regarding Ben or JP? Could be either.

Definitely not JP, they had been hot and sexy and needing a room fast for the last few episodes. That surely is not slow burn. That is quick decadent indulgence.

Last edited by Living on Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Living

Back to top Go down

Post by Living Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:10 pm

albean99 wrote:I don't see JP as getting a slow burn edit. Their chemistry was almost right off the bat - will it last or will he be the one to burn out while slow burn Ben passes him by? Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion - Page 24 550657593

Chantal's previous episodes had this hot passion going. In the last 3/4 episodes, she barely placed. By that time, Brad knew what he wanted and did not kiss her as much though her fans saw a smooch in every move he made. It was not there anymore.

We see from this episode that Ben barely got a decent smooch. Yes, they had to for the cameras. But, even Ashley had to ask him to be happy. Ashley had been in the same situation with Brad so understood Ben. Right now Ashley is eliminating the guys depending on how necessary she feels they need to get home. She has her F1 and is going through the motions. In her blog, when she says she has started a journal. Means, she knows who she wants to read that journal to explain her actions from now on.

Living

Back to top Go down

Post by chaslom4 Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:33 pm

I am going to put this here because there was some discussion on how much the way JP's edit last night effected him. A poll i came across on if JP over reacted to Ben's date and the group date.

I think he overreacted — she’s supposed to kiss and date other guys. 12.93% (57 votes)

I think he was right to be upset about Ben — what did they do overnight? — but he should’ve stopped pouting on the group date. 18.37% (81 votes)

I like that he feels so strongly about Ashley that he got upset about her time with the other guys. 67.35% (297 votes)

Other: 1.36% (6 votes)

Total Votes: 441

http://www.wetpaint.com/the-bachelorette/articles/vote-now-did-jp-overreact-about-ben-and-the-group-date-on-the-bachelorette-episode-7?utm_campaign=vrl&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=twu-bachelorette
chaslom4
chaslom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:45 pm

Living wrote:
albean99 wrote:I don't see JP as getting a slow burn edit. Their chemistry was almost right off the bat - will it last or will he be the one to burn out while slow burn Ben passes him by? Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion - Page 24 550657593

Chantal's previous episodes had this hot passion going. In the last 3/4 episodes, she barely placed. By that time, Brad knew what he wanted and did not kiss her as much though her fans saw a smooch in every move he made. It was not there anymore.

We see from this episode that Ben barely got a decent smooch. Yes, they had to for the cameras. But, even Ashley had to ask him to be happy. Ashley had been in the same situation with Brad so understood Ben. Right now Ashley is eliminating the guys depending on how necessary she feels they need to get home. She has her F1 and is going through the motions. In her blog, when she says she has started a journal. Means, she knows who she wants to read that journal to explain her actions from now on.

I'm curious....when did Ashley have to tell him to be happy. I know she asked him if he was happy, but I don't remember this.

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:47 pm

Living wrote:

ICAM with the bolded. Ben barely got a decent smooch. What's up with that?

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by bing2262 Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:14 pm

I cannot help but notice from Ashley during the group date cocktail:

The smiling face ;and loving stroke/touch on JP's jacket as if to comfort him as she listens to him telling her that he is having a terrible time; Ashley saying that it broke her heart knowing JP was having a hard time; the joy and excitement in Ashley's face as she told JP she wants to meet his family so bad... the low, hushed ,"bedroomy" voice as she asked JP if he will accept the rose and the passionate kiss with her hands on his face/neck.

Yes, there is no stopping the cupcake train. It is almost there, 3 more weeks. handwave
bing2262
bing2262

Female Posts : 1480

Back to top Go down

Post by klarson79 Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:49 pm

bing2262 wrote:I cannot help but notice from Ashley during the group date cocktail:

The smiling face ;and loving stroke/touch on JP's jacket as if to comfort him as she listens to him telling her that he is having a terrible time; Ashley saying that it broke her heart knowing JP was having a hard time; the joy and excitement in Ashley's face as she told JP she wants to meet his family so bad... the low, hushed ,"bedroomy" voice as she asked JP if he will accept the rose and the passionate kiss with her hands on his face/neck.

Yes, there is no stopping the cupcake train. It is almost there, 3 more weeks. handwave

THANK GOD!!!! :cc3:

klarson79

Back to top Go down

Post by kathylon Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:41 pm

bing2262 wrote:
I cannot help but notice from Ashley during the group date cocktail:

Yes, there is no stopping the cupcake train. It is almost there, 3 more weeks.

Yep pretty much, I was just a little sad to see the Ben date only got like 7 minutes or so I wanted to watch a little more of their date like maybe the day portion IDK at least from all of those pics looks like they had fun but still disappointed no nothing against Emily but it missed some good minutes the episode hmmm

kathylon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeepers Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:37 am

[quote="happyntexas"]
Living wrote:

We see from this episode that Ben barely got a decent smooch. Yes, they had to for the cameras. But, even Ashley had to ask him to be happy. Ashley had been in the same situation with Brad so understood Ben. Right now Ashley is eliminating the guys depending on how necessary she feels they need to get home. She has her F1 and is going through the motions. In her blog, when she says she has started a journal. Means, she knows who she wants to read that journal to explain her actions from
I'm curious....when did Ashley have to tell him to be happy. I know she asked him if he was happy, but I don't remember this.

During their wedding photos
Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 53 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 38 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion

+76
pavalygurl
Chacharo
tigertiz
2observe
happyvalleygirl