SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion

Page 11 of 53 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 32 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion

Post by sjcaligurl Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:02 pm

summerluvn wrote:
BlondieGal wrote:
Truly I wonder if the men left are fine with JP being the F1, that they were not quite into her as he. Just a thought.

I agree

And maybe they are as into her as they are into J.P. They all seem to like him as evidenced by the ejectees saying what a great guy he is and the onscreen friendships he has with the remaining guys. Maybe they are following the man code and backing away out of respect for J.P. and his obvious "smitteness".

There have been seasons where the rejects have supported one of the final two or another. I think more than admit it were into Ashley but she wears her heart on her sleeve and it was always obvious which guys she liked more. When Bentley left, one of them said, "she liked him the most." So they knew. JP most certainly made sure everyone knew that he was into her and I think, as we heard from William, he may have psyched a few of them into feeling bad for spending time with her. Both JP and Ryan had the 'if you don't want to be here, leave' attitude. I think that too many of the guys felt that they never stood a chance - which may be the case most seasons but it was just more pronounced this time. Between Bentley, JP (and his claiming of her) and Ryan who seemed to get roses to everyone's chagrin, the guys had no choice but to accept that it was going to be JP in the end. Those who left later saw things with Ben. I just think that they had the anybody but Ryan attitude.

sjcaligurl

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion

Post by DMBFan Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:19 pm

Have we heard anything from Blake yet about his predictions or Mickey?

DMBFan

Female Posts : 1549

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantharose Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:21 pm

mnmhughes wrote:
sjcaligurl wrote:
Alanna wrote:Brilliant post, Noob!! I totally think that's the objective- show why F1 is perfect for lead and F2 perfect for everyone else. I mean, look at what we know about JP versus Ben. We know everything about Ben's dad, his career, his hopes, etc. OTOH, we know JP is called Cupcake at work because it's Ashley's weird request, exes made him cry, he hasnt had serious relationships because it plays into Ash's insecurity, he's ready to pop the question to her, and might have a conniption if he sees anyone touching or kissing Ash. Like you said, JP is all Ashley all the time while Ben is more well rounded and a more full fledged character when compared to Mr. Ashley.

I think this part bugs me the most about what we are seeing. If JP is F1, one would think we'd be given more info on him so that we could see what she sees in him beyond him being the best kisser and them having some cutesy cupcake coincidence. Obviously they talk more than we see because she is ultra comfortable with him and they have no hesitation in invading each other's personal space (Ben still seems afraid to touch her even when she tries to lean into him to be held). JP obviously told her his official birth name at some point that we didn't see and on their first date they had obviously discussed his 2.5 year relationship w/his ex. Oddly, neither he nor been seemed to have had really good track records with women - albeit Ben is a few years younger than JP. I'm still not content with the quality of JPs dates compared to the guys she's already sent home. I hope his FD and LCD more than make up for his evening half dates. But back to the point, I would hope that the F1 would have better character development otherwise, if they fail, it will just look like she chose him for the sex! LOL!

Last season, we knew Roberto was hot, a baseball player, liked to salsa and liked his mother's food. That was it. :Nod:

Yep, we knew more about Chris L.
Samantharose
Samantharose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:47 pm

DMBFan wrote:Have we heard anything from Blake yet about his predictions or Mickey?

That is a good question. I don't think we have heard from either of them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:56 pm

ironcat wrote:We may not have seen much regarding JP's likes and dislikes, hobbies and such, but I think what we have seen about him is so much more important, and that is insight into his character. The way he has conducted himself with Ashley and with the other guys tells me he is mature, extremely empathetic, rational, intuitive, personable, unselfish, intelligent, articulate, determined, I could go on and on! (I guess this is why he's my clear favorite.) He's not perfect, we know he's impatient, and not immune to jealousy. For me personally, knowing about these qualities gives me a clearer sense of him than I would have gotten by learning what his favorite flavor of ice cream was, or if he had a pet.

Right. It goes back to what Noob said, all we know about JP is related to Ashley- how he feels about her, what he thinks of their relationship, how much he likes her and also what Ashley feels for him, how he reacts to her, makes her feel, and so on. JP only exists in the context of Ashley and honestly, that's fine with me. I don't need to fall for him, I just need Ashley to fall for him and have their cute love story entertain me and I feel that I'm getting that. I wanted to know Roberto and love him but yeah, that didn't work out so well for me though. LOL.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by sjcaligurl Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:19 pm

Samantharose wrote:
mnmhughes wrote:
sjcaligurl wrote:
Alanna wrote:Brilliant post, Noob!! I totally think that's the objective- show why F1 is perfect for lead and F2 perfect for everyone else. I mean, look at what we know about JP versus Ben. We know everything about Ben's dad, his career, his hopes, etc. OTOH, we know JP is called Cupcake at work because it's Ashley's weird request, exes made him cry, he hasnt had serious relationships because it plays into Ash's insecurity, he's ready to pop the question to her, and might have a conniption if he sees anyone touching or kissing Ash. Like you said, JP is all Ashley all the time while Ben is more well rounded and a more full fledged character when compared to Mr. Ashley.

I think this part bugs me the most about what we are seeing. If JP is F1, one would think we'd be given more info on him so that we could see what she sees in him beyond him being the best kisser and them having some cutesy cupcake coincidence. Obviously they talk more than we see because she is ultra comfortable with him and they have no hesitation in invading each other's personal space (Ben still seems afraid to touch her even when she tries to lean into him to be held). JP obviously told her his official birth name at some point that we didn't see and on their first date they had obviously discussed his 2.5 year relationship w/his ex. Oddly, neither he nor been seemed to have had really good track records with women - albeit Ben is a few years younger than JP. I'm still not content with the quality of JPs dates compared to the guys she's already sent home. I hope his FD and LCD more than make up for his evening half dates. But back to the point, I would hope that the F1 would have better character development otherwise, if they fail, it will just look like she chose him for the sex! LOL!

Last season, we knew Roberto was hot, a baseball player, liked to salsa and liked his mother's food. That was it. :Nod:

Yep, we knew more about Chris L.

ChrisL had the deceased mother edit. I'm not sure we knew more about him. We just had more empathy/compassion for him. Oddly, the thing that made people identify with him/like him was the very thing that was a big part of his decision not to do The Bachelor. He didn't want his mother's memory exploited.

sjcaligurl

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:16 pm

The other thing that bothered Chris L was that they didn't show his sense of humor.

I find it kind of funny that all of a sudden we know Ben more than JP? I thought Ben was supposed to be practically invisible? :giggle:
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15499

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm

albean99 wrote:The other thing that bothered Chris L was that they didn't show his sense of humor.

I find it kind of funny that all of a sudden we know Ben more than JP? I thought Ben was supposed to be practically invisible? :giggle:

Yes, exactly and that's the whole point to me. We don't know Ben with Ashley. He's invisible when she needs comfort, when she's emotional, etc. He's very visible with the guys and telling his own story about his dad and winery and whatever else.

Most importantly, we don't know JP without her. We know nothing about him until it comes to Ashley and then it's all 'let me plop down on your lap and get love.'

Last edited by Alanna on Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Samantharose Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm

ironcat wrote:We may not have seen much regarding JP's likes and dislikes, hobbies and such, but I think what we have seen about him is so much more important, and that is insight into his character. The way he has conducted himself with Ashley and with the other guys tells me he is mature, extremely empathetic, rational, intuitive, personable, unselfish, intelligent, articulate, determined, I could go on and on! (I guess this is why he's my clear favorite.) He's not perfect, we know he's impatient, and not immune to jealousy. For me personally, knowing about these qualities gives me a clearer sense of him than I would have gotten by learning what his favorite flavor of ice cream was, or if he had a pet.

Good Post rock
Samantharose
Samantharose

Back to top Go down

Post by CarrieA Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:37 pm

Alanna wrote:Yes, exactly and that's the whole point to me. We don't know Ben with Ashley. He's invisible when she needs comfort, when she's emotional, etc. He's very visible with the guys and telling his own story about his dad and winery and whatever else.

Most importantly, we don't know JP without her. We know nothing about him until it comes to Ashley and then it's all 'let me plop down on your lap and get love.'

word I agree :Bbf:
CarrieA
CarrieA

Female Posts : 3482

Back to top Go down

Post by bing2262 Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:52 pm

CarrieAlexander wrote:
Alanna wrote:Yes, exactly and that's the whole point to me. We don't know Ben with Ashley. He's invisible when she needs comfort, when she's emotional, etc. He's very visible with the guys and telling his own story about his dad and winery and whatever else.

I also agree... I also couldn't help to notice Ashley's show of affection to JP and need of affection from JP.
Episosde 2- Coin toss kiss
Episode 3-sleeping on his chest
Episode 4-passionate kisses and asking JP to carry her
Episode 5-plopping down on his lap and then draping her legs over his lap
Episode 6- jumping to JP's arms asking him to catch her and hot ,hot ,hot tram ride

Last edited by bing2262 on Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total
bing2262
bing2262

Female Posts : 1480

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:11 am

bing2262 wrote:
CarrieAlexander wrote:

I also agree... I also couldn't help to notice Ashley's showing of affection to JP and need of affection from JP.
Episosde 2- Coin toss kiss
Episode 3-sleeping in his chest
Episode 4-passionate kisses and asking JP to carry her
Episode 5-plopping down on his lap and then draping her legs over his lap
Episode 6- jumping to JP's arms asking him to catch her and hot ,hot ,hot tram ride

Good Post word :cc5: also putting her hand inside his shirt collar when kissing him. She can't get close enough to him and "his sexy shaved head"

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 53 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 32 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Discussion

+76
pavalygurl
Chacharo
tigertiz
2observe
happyvalleygirl