SELECT CONTENT

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #1

Page 32 of 50 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 41 ... 50  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #1 - Page 32 Empty Re: The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #1

Post by ILoveCase Fri May 17, 2013 5:44 pm

Here's my thoughts about choosing based on all of the bach/ette seasons

Alex/Amanda: I think he chose correctly and they lasted for a little while. I don't like the way that he slept with all three and promised each of them that he would chose them in the end if they slept with him in the FS, but he admitted later that he was overwhelmed with the process and the producers were just getting their feet wet in editing and creating story arc.

Aaron/Helene: Aaron chose Helene, but I think based on the type of woman he eventially settled down with, that he would have had a better chance with Gwen then Helene or Brooke. I think Helene was his lust pick from Day one. He was an "early burn" example that should have used the process to help him figure out that wasn't his long term pick.

Trista/Ryan: Slow burn and great choice (since obviously they have been married for 10 years) and I agree that by the end of the hometown dates, Ryan was her guy, but it was Charlie up to that point. Charlie would've been her "lust" pick and I don't think she would've gotten to marriage with him.

Andrew/Jen: I loved them as a couple and was so sad to see them split a year or so after getting engaged. Looking at the personalities and looks of the two they settled down with, I don't think this was a wrong choice, I just think they didn't make it for some reason. His early pick would've been Kirsten but her gold-digging was obvious to him by the end of the season and by the time they got to hometowns Jen had worked her way into his heart.

Bob/Estella: This one was ill-fated from the start as rumor has it he was already dating Rebecca Budding and kept her in the wings long enough to film the bachelor, choose someone, and then break up. Bob was trying to earn $$ and get famous so he never had any intention of actually making a couple work from this show. I loved his entire final four and think that Estella or Kelly Jo would've made good choices had Bob actually been looking to make a couple from this show.

Meredith/Ian: Even though Ian was her obvious early choice and only got hotter as they went along, I do think that he was the right choice for Meredith at the time. I don't like the way she hedged her bets with the safe choice F2 Matthew by begging him to tell her he would propose/give her a ring only to shut him down at F2. As F2 rejections go this one was one of the most hurtfull.

Jesse/Jessica: I think Jesse P totally squandered his opportunity by settling for golddigger Trish in the beginning. He had a spy in the house for goodness sakes, and it still took him to hometowns to see that she was playing him. By then his heart was set on her but he knew he couldn't keep her. I think he took a cop out by choosing Jessica who was too young for him. I think like Bob that he also took the opportunity to have sex with a few of the contestants as Tara pretty much revealed in her reaction to not getting chosen.

Byron/Mary: This couple lasted for more than 5 years before splitting. Looking at Byron's other choices, she was really the only viable choice for him which is why he had the producers introduce him to two more ladies in the process. I think he realized a week or two into the process that his woman was not in the original 25. I am sad that they split, but I understand the reasons that they couldn't make it work. Doesn't make the choice wrong in the end.

Jen/Jerry: I don't think Jen really fell "in love" with any of the guys on her season. She fell in lust with Jerry but it fizzled before the show aired. I think we were mad at how she treated Jerry in the ATFR but in the long run I think she was right to bail. They wouldn't have made a lasting couple and Jen was a mess at the time. I think her latter maturation shows that she was a viable candidate for wife and mother, but she had to take the time to get to know and love who she is before she could turn and love another person. Now that time passed, I have come to see that Jen just wasn't ready.

Charlie/Sarah: I think this was a great choice by Charlie and I like how he told the producers he wasn't ready and took the decision away from the bachelor bubble and into real life. He realized who was a better match for him that way. They made a long go of it before finally splitting. I would count this as one of the successes despite the fact that the couple didn't end in marriage. I think Jason and Brad version 1.0 should have made the same choice of taking the relationships home before choosing. Jason wouldve chosen Molly in the first place without hurting Melissa and I think Brad 1.0 still woudn't have chosen either but both relationships would have had a natural death. I hope that some of the leads who are actually torn in the future could be allowed to make their choice at home like Charlie did.

Travis/Sarah: I think Travis was actually in love with the smitten kitten, but realized too late that she wasn't really that into him. Like Jesse P he had to look for a way out and chose BFF Sarah to get out of there intact. I don't think Moana would've been a good choice for a busy ER doctor with her emotional issues. She needed someone who could be there for her 24/7. Travis used the process to find his best friend, but not love. I am glad to hear that he has gotten married and I like him much better on the Doctors than I did as The Bachelor.

Lorenzo/Jen: I think Lorenzo was trully split until the last minute and I think he squandered his choice. I was rooting for Jennifer at the time but realized when he tried to go back to Sadie that Sadie was probably the better choice. They ultimately split, but may not have if they didn't have an interruption in their status as a couple. I also wonder if Agnese would've been the ultimate choice for him. I think he was a casting mistake by Fleiss and almost brought the show down.

Andy/Tessa: While saddened that they split too soon, I think Tessa was absolutely the best choice for Andy. Looking at some of his later choices for long relationships I think Tessa was definitely his type in both looks and personality. I just think distance and dueling careers brought them down.

Brad 1.0: Obviously he didn't choose, so I can't comment on whether or not he chose well. I do think in the end he made the right choice to choose no one as DeAnna and Jenni both found lasting hapiness with other people. Looking at the 2.0 choice of Emily and the new relationship with Ashley I think Brad either "changed types" over time or didn't have the right girl in his first batch of choices.

Matthew/Shayne: I think this was a wasted season and completely had a scripted ending. Between the poor casting choices of Lorenzo and Travis and the no choice ending from Brad they needed to save the franchise so they made sure that they had an engagement even if the two were totally going through the motions. I think if Matt was choosing for Love he would've chosen Meeps or Chelsea.

DeAnna: I think she chose Jesse as plan B when Graham (her plan A) didn't pan out. Looking at husband Steven Stegliano he is similar in personality to Graham, however he was that into her and they make a great couple.

Jason: I think he should have taken the choice home with him and dated the two in real life. It was obvious that he wasn't really ready to make the choice at the time of the FRC. I think neither Molly or Melissa would've had to go through the heartache they went through to finally work this out how it should. In the long run, though, things worked out how they should as Jason/Molly married and had a baby and Melissa married her ex (I think she was still in love with him and on the rebound on the bachelor) and they have a child.

Jillian: I don't agree with Jillian's final choice as I could see all along that Ed was not going to be faithful and committed to her. There really wasn't another choice for her however, because Kiptyn wasn't her type and she didn't have enough attraction for Reid. I love Jillian on her new HGTV show and wish her the best of luck, but this was not one of my favorite seasons of the Ette.

Jake/Vienna: Jake was stupid to ignore the women telling him about Vienna. When it is one or two girls, you can write it off as jealousy. When it is everyone, you have to listen and take heed. I think he should have sent Vienna home much earlier and then used the process to see if Gia, Tenley, or Aly would've been better choices. I think Jake picked with his johnson rather than with his mind or his heart.

Ali/Roberto: I think Ali zoomed in on Roberto from night 1. Frank was a distraction for sure, but her heart always came back to Roberto. I think he was absolutely the right choice for her. I still secretly wish that these two will find their way back together. Right choice, just didn't work out in the end.

Brad/Emily: I absolutely adored Chantal, but I think she was too much for Brad and was too much like DeAnna/Jenni from the past. She would've been his pick had she been single on season 1.0 for him. Emily represented the new type for Brad. I don't think Brad chose wrong and I think he wanted to make Bremily work. I think Emily deliberately sabitages relationships when they get too close to marriage (as we saw with her cheating on Jef almost immediately). Looking at his current choice of AshLee Frasier, she gives the look and vulnerability of Emily but without the baggage of not wanting to move to him or have her life change.

Ashley/JP: Absolutely she made the right choice and she was attracted to him from the start, but Bentley was a distraction. Once that was out of the way, she freed her heart to go to JP who is her soul mate. Like Trista, I think she used the process to help her weed out the false choices like Ben, Ryan, and Constantine.

Ben/Courtney: I absolutely hate Courtney, but I thought they deserved each other. Ben is not my favorite lead by any stretch and I wouldn't have wanted to see him end up with any of the other girls. I think he put his nail in the coffin of making any other choice when he chose to skinny dip with Courtney. He couldn't have explained that to any of the other girls had he chosen them. They did last a year and I think she is actually his type, so I don't think she was a wrong choice necessarily.

Emily/Jef: I don't think Jef was a wrong choice, and I do think that Emily used the process to chose correctly. I simply think that Emily is not ready to settle down and marry and she sabotages any relationships when they get too close to that point. I think she was more to blame for the Bremily split and she cheated on Jef not a month or two after the finale aired.

Sean/Catherine: I think Sean was underrated as a bachelor. I think he really used the process to figure out who the right choice would be for him. He had dated just about every type under the sun in college and wasn't really sure of his type. He may have seamed wishy-washy at first, but he really found out how to listen to his heart and his mind in tandem and chose who fit him best. SeanCat are a great couple and I hope that they make it in the long term.

Now that we are to Desiree I hope that she made the process work for her. On DWTS the other night, she was glowing, so she is happy for now. I am LDS so part of me will root for Brooks no matter what his activity level is just like I rooted for Jef. My sister is in a relationship with a non-member and my dad wasn't a member when he met my Mom. My parents have been married for 41 years so I think they are an example that things can work. I don't see how we can criticize any of her choices yet, seeing as how we don't know the edit yet or why things played out the way that they did.

Peace, Love and Hook 'Em Horns.
ILoveCase
ILoveCase

Female Posts : 118

Back to top Go down

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #1 - Page 32 Empty Re: The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #1

Post by Karen5354 Fri May 17, 2013 5:46 pm

^^ wow, quite an extensive analysis! Thanks for the round up.

Karen5354

Female Posts : 276

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 17, 2013 5:50 pm

ZevirahWolf wrote:Here is what is weird to me, if Des really zeroed in on Brooks right out of the gate, why did he not get a first impression rose(there were multiple handed out)...

To me it seems as he was just a random choice for the first date and Des happened to fall for him over time...
I don't think Des really had a pecking order earlier in the season, but Brooks kept sticking around and it was known that he was her first date so people automatically assumed that it was an instant thing and he was the clear front runner..JMHO

I think it is also possible that she wasn't immediately taken with him at the M&G (after all, she is meeting a lot of guys and talking to each one in a short amount of time) but after she had the 1-1 date with him (just the two of them), she started to fall for him then and all dates from then on got better and better. I had heard at the time that I posted it that he was the front runner, and I guess that never changed. :Smiley:
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 18480

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by charriotoffire Fri May 17, 2013 6:34 pm

ZevirahWolf wrote:Here is what is weird to me, if Des really zeroed in on Brooks right out of the gate, why did he not get a first impression rose(there were multiple handed out)...

To me it seems as he was just a random choice for the first date and Des happened to fall for him over time...
I don't think Des really had a pecking order earlier in the season, but Brooks kept sticking around and it was known that he was her first date so people automatically assumed that it was an instant thing and he was the clear front runner..JMHO

I was thinking about this too but he probably made an impression on her the first night, but maybe he didnt say or did anything that was too earth shattering.
But he still got her attention.
charriotoffire
charriotoffire

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Fri May 17, 2013 6:54 pm

Great breakdown of the seasons Ilovecase! I agree with a lot of it!

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Sat May 18, 2013 6:29 pm

sanlee088 wrote:

I think it is also possible that she wasn't immediately taken with him at the M&G (after all, she is meeting a lot of guys and talking to each one in a short amount of time) but after she had the 1-1 date with him (just the two of them), she started to fall for him then and all dates from then on got better and better. I had heard at the time that I posted it that he was the front runner, and I guess that never changed. :Smiley:

That is so cute! Hoping they show the love story this season!
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Sat May 18, 2013 6:35 pm

Diana wrote:
sanlee088 wrote:

:WAVEY: I think so too! Well, I hope so!

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeleever Sat May 18, 2013 7:59 pm

Diana wrote:
sanlee088 wrote:

I'm hoping so too, Diana! And Sanneeeeee....... :yougogirl: First one to confirm and post the F!! :Congrats
Beeleever
Beeleever

Female Posts : 3644

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 18, 2013 8:42 pm

atem wrote:
Diana wrote:
sanlee088 wrote:

:WAVEY: I think so too! Well, I hope so!

Me too!! I'm just so happy we don't have to wait until episode 5 or 6 for the F1's first date! I'm very impatient when it comes to this show :yes:

Back to top Go down

Post by ILoveCase Sat May 18, 2013 11:33 pm

Karen5354 wrote:^^ wow, quite an extensive analysis! Thanks for the round up.
Thanks, I know it is a lot of reading, but some fans joined the show midstream so I thought it would help to reference each F1 choice. BTW People's Bachelor special magazine is really good and has great updates on the past stars as well as insights into the choices and the mistakes/rightness of the choices. I recommend picking up a copy if you don't have one. It might help us to have reference points as we watch Desiree's journey and why she makes the choices that she does. :Smiley:

ILoveCase
ILoveCase

Back to top Go down

Post by ILoveCase Sat May 18, 2013 11:34 pm

As to the first impression rose and who gets it, it is usually a producer pick to generate drama and rarely are they chosen. If it is an "early burn" with Brooks we will see him on her radar on night one or in the first round of dates even though he doesn't get the FIR.

ILoveCase
ILoveCase

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Sat May 18, 2013 11:41 pm

ILoveCase wrote:As to the first impression rose and who gets it, it is usually a producer pick to generate drama and rarely are they chosen. If it is an "early burn" with Brooks we will see him on her radar on night one or in the first round of dates even though he doesn't get the FIR.

RS said that all we see of the Final 2 guys are them meeting Desiree and getting the rose at the RC. Neither get a early rose.

Brooks does have a great 1 on 1 with Desiree. Remember how Desiree got the 2nd date and was part of the group date the next episode and then seemed to disappear for a few episodes until she got another 1 on 1 in Canada? I guess that doesn't happen with Brooks. I know that he makes up a song for Desiree on the Mr. America date (epi 4). I look forward to hearing that one!

Epi 1 - Intro not notices by any critics that watched episode. RS just says Brooks is 'nervous'. No FIR, no early rose.

Epi 2- Wedding/Hollywood Sign/Dinner

Epi 3- Dodge Ball Date, but breaks his finger (Chris Harrison confirms it was a serious injury), so doesn't really get to be totally part of date. Chris ends up getting rose/alone time with private concert date. Also, remember that this is the first time there are TWO group dates, so everyone gets to be out with Des.

Epi 4- Mr. America Contest

Epi 5- Is he part of the German group date sledding?

Is there any possibility he didn't get a date on epi 5 in Germany?

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 50 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 41 ... 50  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Final One (F1) - Bachelorette 9 - Spoilers - Thread #1

+82
northernviewer
ilb123
Fleurdesel
Newto
Jeepers