SELECT CONTENT

Drew Kenney - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Discussion - Thread #1

Page 16 of 48 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 32 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Drew Kenney - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Discussion - Thread #1 - Page 16 Empty Re: Drew Kenney - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Discussion - Thread #1

Post by LexBlair Tue May 07, 2013 8:13 am

I am sorry for saying this because he seems to be a good guy, but I just can´t imagine Des with somebody quite so.....effeminate. I am sorry, I am really not trying to be mean, JMHO.
Of course true love IS blind or maybe Des likes "prettier" guys so who knows....
It's just that I am rather familiar with the lifestyle of male models (regular models, not fitness models) and I just don't know how well it would mesh with Des'...not just because of the jet-set life but because of things like extreme calorie restriction, mani - pedi, skin care routine and so on...

But if he is indeed F1, I sure won't mind and I wish him and Des the best of all things;)

Last edited by LexBlair on Tue May 07, 2013 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total

LexBlair

Back to top Go down

Drew Kenney - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Discussion - Thread #1 - Page 16 Empty Re: Drew Kenney - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Discussion - Thread #1

Post by Guest Tue May 07, 2013 8:23 am

LexBlair wrote:I am sorry for saying this because he seems to be a good guy, but I just can´t imagine Des with somebody quite so.....effeminate. I am sorry, I am really not trying to be mean, JMHO.
Of course true love IS blind so who knows....
It's just that I am rather familiar with the lifestyle of male models (regular models, not fitness models) and I just don't know how well it would mesh with Des'...not just because of the jet-set life but because of things like extreme calorie restriction, mani - pedi, skin care routine and so on...

hmm i second that..i`d rather he better off as the next bachelor, JMHO

Back to top Go down

Post by lcwilli3 Tue May 07, 2013 8:36 am

murasaki1393 wrote:
LexBlair wrote:I am sorry for saying this because he seems to be a good guy, but I just can´t imagine Des with somebody quite so.....effeminate. I am sorry, I am really not trying to be mean, JMHO.

Not sure I agree completely, for a few reasons:

1) Most of the guys here are male models, at least part-time
2) Feminine/masculine qualities tend to displayed more in mannerisms... difficult to detect via photo
3) A guy can be "metro" without being effeminate. Perhaps that's the better description for him?

I've worked with a lot of male models as well, and you're right about the diet/beauty routine. Which I assume Sean also maintains. Just thinking it's not that big of a deal if the guy has a down-to-earth personality and isn't a diva.

Time will tell. :Smiley: You could be right. I think the first episode will be very telling.

I'm in agreement that I don't really see him with Des. Something about Brooks...

lcwilli3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 07, 2013 8:41 am

One more thing on Drew... he is not a full-time model, so maybe that tempers the above ideas?

Back to top Go down

Post by LexBlair Tue May 07, 2013 8:44 am

lcwilli3 wrote:
murasaki1393 wrote:

2) Feminine/masculine qualities tend to displayed more in mannerisms... difficult to detect via photo
3) A guy can be "metro" without being effeminate. Perhaps that's the better description for him?

I've worked with a lot of male models as well, and you're right about the diet/beauty routine. Which I assume Sean also maintains. Just thinking it's not that big of a deal if the guy has a down-to-earth personality and isn't a diva.

Time will tell. :Smiley: You could be right. I think the first episode will be very telling.

I'm in agreement that I don't really see him with Des. Something about Brooks...

Oh I agree, but just keep in mind there is a difference between doing a couple of shoots because you are a handsome guy, just for some extra money and being a professional international male model.

LexBlair

Back to top Go down

Post by LexBlair Tue May 07, 2013 8:46 am

sophienette wrote:One more thing on Drew... he is not a full-time model, so maybe that tempers the above ideas?

Ah, okay. It's just what his model portfolio said.... Maybe him not modeling full time was a recent change of plans.

LexBlair

Back to top Go down

Post by lcwilli3 Tue May 07, 2013 8:52 am

LexBlair wrote:
lcwilli3 wrote:
murasaki1393 wrote:

Oh I agree, but just keep in mind there is a difference between doing a couple of shoots because you are a handsome guy, just for some extra money and being a professional international male model.

Oh, trust me. I understand the industry a little too well. :Smiley: There are exceptions. We may have different definitions of what it means to be an effeminate man.

My ex had a tramp stamp, wore fruity/flowery lotions, loved shopping for women's clothing, was obsessed with spa days and had a bad habit of "borrowing" my clothing (amongst other quirks). THAT was an effeminate man.

So with that in mind, I'd consider Drew to be metro.

lcwilli3

Back to top Go down

Post by lcwilli3 Tue May 07, 2013 8:58 am

Different topic, looks like some folks are REALLY banking on him to be the next bachelor.

Seems someone has already bought the domains for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... I assume so they can sell the domains for decent $$$ if he's selected? Wonder who did that... his agency? Family? Friends? Or just an opportunist?

Those showed up during a google search.

Have we seen this before with other Bachelorette contestants?

Last edited by lcwilli3 on Tue May 07, 2013 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removed punctuation from end of URL)

lcwilli3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 07, 2013 9:09 am

Of course true love IS blind or maybe Des likes "prettier" guys so who knows....

But if he is indeed F1, I sure won't mind and I wish him and Des the best of all things;)

I mean, Des's final four included THREE part-time models, so obviously that's not an issue for her...

Back to top Go down

Post by LexBlair Tue May 07, 2013 9:15 am

lcwilli3 wrote:
LexBlair wrote:
lcwilli3 wrote:
murasaki1393 wrote:

Oh, trust me. I understand the industry a little too well. :Smiley: There are exceptions. We may have different definitions of what it means to be an effeminate man.

My ex had a tramp stamp, wore fruity/flowery lotions, loved shopping for women's clothing, was obsessed with spa days and had a bad habit of "borrowing" my clothing (amongst other quirks). THAT was an effeminate man.

So with that in mind, I'd consider Drew to be metro.

Like I said I totally agree;) I guess, I also meant that his features are more effeminate-pretty(if this makes sense:)and of course we have no clue how he carries himself....It's just that in my experience normal male models don't exactly ooze sturdy masculinity giggling but we will see;
_________

LexBlair

Back to top Go down

Post by lcwilli3 Tue May 07, 2013 9:21 am

^ Very pretty guy! ITA

lcwilli3

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Tue May 07, 2013 9:39 am

Pattycake92 wrote:Hottest f1 ever?

If he is, I think so. :Nod:

Last edited by atem on Tue May 07, 2013 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 48 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 32 ... 48  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Drew Kenney - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Discussion - Thread #1

+58
Piper61
DMBFan
nd4reality
fatiOz
Jaybird