SELECT CONTENT

Juan Pablo Galavis - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Juan Pablo Galavis - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 33 Empty Re: Juan Pablo Galavis - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion

Post by emusha Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:32 pm

AND!! he creeps me out!!
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Juan Pablo Galavis - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 33 Empty Re: Juan Pablo Galavis - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion

Post by albean99 Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:38 pm

I actually thought JP came across very well last night. He seems very empathetic dealing with the emotional women and it obviously bothers him to send someone home. He also was very nice to Sharleen when she was feeling bad about leaving. I can see him being a good dad.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15493

Back to top Go down

Post by docnash14 Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:46 pm

albean99 wrote:I actually thought JP came across very well last night. He seems very empathetic dealing with the emotional women and it obviously bothers him to send someone home. He also was very nice to Sharleen when she was feeling bad about leaving. I can see him being a good dad.  

Albean, I am in total agreement. I think he acted with emotional maturity last night demonstrating empathy for Sharleen but concomitantly showing his own sadness over her leaving. Further, I think throughout the season he has consistently shown compassion and emotional sensitivity toward the women and has allowed himself to be emotionally vulnerable.

docnash14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:36 am

emusha wrote:this show is ridonculous!! juan might officially turn me off and bore me to tears which might be a good thing since this show is pointless and a waste of time anyways OMG! i am cringing watching his dates...

He bores me also and I wish he would really stop me from coming back and watching, but, I fear if Jake and Ben and Des couldn't do it, he won't either. I cringe whenever he goes in to kiss anyone. I have never been so turned off with anyone's kissing on this show.

I wish your avi could have been our Latino bachelor! If I remember correctly, he would have been a much better dancer as well!!!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:02 am

Sprite wrote:
emusha wrote:this show is ridonculous!! juan might officially turn me off and bore me to tears which might be a good thing since this show is pointless and a waste of time anyways OMG! i am cringing watching his dates...

He bores me also and I wish he would really stop me from coming back and watching, but, I fear if Jake and Ben and Des couldn't do it, he won't either. I cringe whenever he goes in to kiss anyone. I have never been so turned off with anyone's kissing on this show.

I wish your avi could have been our Latino bachelor! If I remember correctly, he would have been a much better dancer as well!!!

oh how i wish the Hottie Dimples would take the gig!.. eyedrool. Rumor has it that he didnt even budge on the extra $$$ MF has offered him. I think he is in good place in his life and happy with his `playmate` now. :giggle: 

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:49 am

So, I wasn't excited when they announced Juan Pablo as the bachelor. I loved Zak W and thought he would be a great lead. I thought JPG was chosen to shut up all the minority critics. I expected to just go through this season snarking and not liking the lead and really caring about the girls at all (Jake was like this for me - seriously who chose the miniature pilot UGH)

BUT, I was surprised. JPG is actually a pretty good guy. He isn't the smartest, but I find him to have a lot more depth than Jake or Ben (though like Ben I think he kisses sometimes when he can't think of anything to say). I was also pleasantly surprised that he likes intelligent women and he also likes honesty. I think he genuinely loves his daughter. A lot of you see an ex with unresolved business, I see a healthy Hispanic family. He and Carla share a daughter and will be connected for life through that. What a lot of people saw as jealousy on Monday, I saw as Carla kind of laughing at the whole process, which it is reality tv, we are supposed to kind of laugh at it. Carla is stunning (like Gia, but not so thin it is painful) and would take a confident woman to be around.

I don't know that JPG found his one on this show. I really like Nikki, Andi, Kelly and Sharleen, but I am not sure any would have a great long term relationship with him. I think he has smoking physical chemistry with Clare, but I don't know that he likes her as a person, the more they sit around and just talk the less comfortable he seems. And just me, but I don't know that Clare is ready to not be number one with her future husband and JPG will always have Camila and any other children at least equal to his wife in his affections.

I just wanted to share. I was surprised to like this season and JPG. I don't expect a long term relationship out of this, but it has been a lot more fun for me than Jake or Ben's seasons were, so I am happy with that.

I will be happy with Andi as the bachelorette, though I would have loved to see Nikki too or heck I think Kelly would have been a blast. I love Sharleen, but can't see her dealing well with meatheads like Mikey and James.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by George1218 Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:09 am

stuckinsc wrote:So, I wasn't excited when they announced Juan Pablo as the bachelor.  I loved Zak W and thought he would be a great lead.  I thought JPG was chosen to shut up all the minority critics.  I expected to just go through this season snarking and not liking the lead and really caring about the girls at all (Jake was like this for me - seriously who chose the miniature pilot UGH)

BUT, I was surprised.  JPG is actually a pretty good guy.  He isn't the smartest, but I find him to have a lot more depth than Jake or Ben (though like Ben I think he kisses sometimes when he can't think of anything to say).  I was also pleasantly surprised that he likes intelligent women and he also likes honesty.  I think he genuinely loves his daughter.  A lot of you see an ex with unresolved business, I see a healthy Hispanic family.  He and Carla share a daughter and will be connected for life through that.  What a lot of people saw as jealousy on Monday, I saw as Carla kind of laughing at the whole process, which it is reality tv, we are supposed to kind of laugh at it.  Carla is stunning (like Gia, but not so thin it is painful) and would take a confident woman to be around.

I don't know that JPG found his one on this show.  I really like Nikki, Andi, Kelly and Sharleen, but I am not sure any would have a great long term relationship with him.  I think he has smoking physical chemistry with Clare, but I don't know that he likes her as a person, the more they sit around and just talk the less comfortable he seems.  And just me, but I don't know that Clare is ready to not be number one with her future husband and JPG will always have Camila and any other children at least equal to his wife in his affections.

I just wanted to share.  I was surprised to like this season and JPG.  I don't expect a long term relationship out of this, but it has been a lot more fun for me than Jake or Ben's seasons were, so I am happy with that.

I will be happy with Andi as the bachelorette, though I would have loved to see Nikki too or heck I think Kelly would have been a blast.  I love Sharleen, but can't see her dealing well with meatheads like Mikey and James.

Wonderful post!! Pretty much sums up my thoughts except that I think Nikki and Juan Pablo might have a good chance of making it long term if he did pick her!
George1218
George1218

Female Posts : 1051

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:12 am

stuckinsc wrote:So, I wasn't excited when they announced Juan Pablo as the bachelor.  I loved Zak W and thought he would be a great lead.  I thought JPG was chosen to shut up all the minority critics.  I expected to just go through this season snarking and not liking the lead and really caring about the girls at all (Jake was like this for me - seriously who chose the miniature pilot UGH)

BUT, I was surprised.  JPG is actually a pretty good guy.  He isn't the smartest, but I find him to have a lot more depth than Jake or Ben (though like Ben I think he kisses sometimes when he can't think of anything to say).  I was also pleasantly surprised that he likes intelligent women and he also likes honesty.  I think he genuinely loves his daughter.  A lot of you see an ex with unresolved business, I see a healthy Hispanic family.  He and Carla share a daughter and will be connected for life through that.  What a lot of people saw as jealousy on Monday, I saw as Carla kind of laughing at the whole process, which it is reality tv, we are supposed to kind of laugh at it.  Carla is stunning (like Gia, but not so thin it is painful) and would take a confident woman to be around.

I don't know that JPG found his one on this show.  I really like Nikki, Andi, Kelly and Sharleen, but I am not sure any would have a great long term relationship with him.  I think he has smoking physical chemistry with Clare, but I don't know that he likes her as a person, the more they sit around and just talk the less comfortable he seems.  And just me, but I don't know that Clare is ready to not be number one with her future husband and JPG will always have Camila and any other children at least equal to his wife in his affections.

I just wanted to share.  I was surprised to like this season and JPG.  I don't expect a long term relationship out of this, but it has been a lot more fun for me than Jake or Ben's seasons were, so I am happy with that.

I will be happy with Andi as the bachelorette, though I would have loved to see Nikki too or heck I think Kelly would have been a blast.  I love Sharleen, but can't see her dealing well with meatheads like Mikey and James.

I love your post and bolded a few parts I feel exactly the same on. I really do like Juan Pablo and this season so much better than most Bachelor seasons - it's fun, sexy, silly and full of nonsense but overall has interesting people without black and white characters - no all good and all bad guys - more real people with quirks and faults like all of us - even the lead.

I dont' think this format or the women cast fit JP very well. I don't think he wanted to go along with whatever the producers told him to do and was uncomfortable with a lot of this (based on CH comments of him not letting go). I'd love to see him say his heartfelt goodbyes to each woman and go back to his real life and eventually find a great mate. It would still be a really great season for me, if he in fact didn't find a match. That's sometimes the more romantic ending than forcing something that's not there. He tried, met a lot of great women along the way, but his search for "the one" continues. That is the ending I would  High clap for this year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Catdwoman50 Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:56 pm

Great Post and I agree with most everything you said! I might have said something similar on another thread.  I am surprised that I also like JP, I guess he is redeem-able even after episode 4 (Clare ocean incident) and gay comments.  I think the non-communication with some ladies is simply a case of language and culture barriers, I think he is smart if he could only express himself more eloquently or in his language.  As a transplant myself, it took me awhile to learn all the intricacies of the language, inflections of speech, twangs, colloquialisms, idioms, and the references to pop culture and history.  I had a good handle of the language but until I was immersed in the American culture, I didn't fully appreciate what "acculturation" meant and how this seemingly minor thing enhance good communication and banter.

I like that he is touchy especially face and neck - unfortunately, I think it is his go-to move and I don't think it is special at this point.  Haven't paid much attention but I think he uses the forehead to forehead touch or kiss forehead with a few select contestants who may be special to him.  

With Carla, I am on the fence - I don't think it is as unresolved as we think, but I'm sure there are still feelings or care for each other that may or may not be a problem in the future.  I think that the perfect mate is someone who is very confident in herself and in her relationship with JP, so even if situation with the ex is volatile, the F1 would be able to handle herself with aplomb.  I don't believe JP would have been able to forge a lasting relationship that will fit his situation in a fast-paced dating environment like the Bachelor.  It would have been the perfect storm (right?) if the ideal person who is wildly attracted to and who is willing to go the distance with him was in the show.  

But how often does perfect storm happen?  We just had one with Shawn, so I am not expecting much until maybe another decade of the show.  Yikes!

Need to do something productive and stop hanging out in this forum (after Nick's season)
Catdwoman50
Catdwoman50

Female Posts : 1684

Back to top Go down

Post by Newto Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:15 pm

Another decade of this show? I don't think so. JMHO.
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:36 pm

Columbia, MD wrote:Another decade of this show?  I don't think so.  JMHO.

I never expected it to make it this far and honestly with the recent successful relationships, I don't see it ending anytime soon. Who knows? Can you imagine CH hosting 20 years into this thing like Pat Sayjak on Wheel of Fortune? That would be kind of funny.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:51 pm

Jef holm isnt a fan of JP.

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/jef-holm-juan-pablo-sleaziest-bachelor-emily-maynard-engagement-2014252

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Juan Pablo Galavis - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion

+99
Longhornfan
jlccaz
notarose
eirekay
Maddy