SELECT CONTENT

Zack Kalter - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion

Page 41 of 50 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 45 ... 50  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Zack Kalter - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 41 Empty Re: Zack Kalter - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion

Post by Newto Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:13 am

IMHO Zak is too much of a man for this show. I don't think he could be manipulated by TPTB. Hopefully he will find love in RL very soon.

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

Zack Kalter - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 41 Empty Re: Zack Kalter - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion

Post by MiaHawk Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:46 am

Not every woman finds Zak attractive (on the inside or the outside). That's ok. That's why they make vanilla, choc and strawberry ice cream---different tastes. I was never attracted to Alex, Aaron, Ben, Sean, and others---oh, let me not forget Bob G! But I would enjoy me some fig newton ice cream next time around. :Smiley: 
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:47 am

Columbia, MD wrote:IMHO Zak is too much of a man for this show.  I don't think he could be manipulated by TPTB.  Hopefully he will find love in RL very soon.

I don't agree there. He was manipulated real easy into thinking Desiree was feeling the same and even buy a ring!

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:11 am

atem wrote:
Columbia, MD wrote:IMHO Zak is too much of a man for this show.  I don't think he could be manipulated by TPTB.  Hopefully he will find love in RL very soon.

I don't agree there.  He was manipulated real easy into thinking Desiree was feeling the same and even buy a ring!

I'm not sure if you are implying that TPTB manipulated Zak behind the scenes to think Des was more in love with him than she was, or if you are implying that Des manipulated Zak into thinking she was 'in love' with him.

I don't believe that Des intentionally manipulated Zak or any of the others to purposefully mislead them. Des comes across as a caring, empathetic, positive person who tried to be truly present with each of her men on each of their dates. In other words, she made them comfortable enough to be themselves, while she enjoyed their company, and all the while she was assessing her own inner feelings of attraction and compatibility internally. I think she has shown in her exit talks with the rejected men that she does genuinely care about their feelings, she does admire certain of their traits, and wants to make sure that they know how wonderful they are, just that they are not 'the one' for her.

As for TPTB manipulating Zak, I don't think they could manipulate him any more than they try to manipulate every one on this show. Because of his age, life experiences, and mature sense of who he is, I don't think they could manipulate him very much. He wears his heart on his sleeve. He is spontaneous and carefree. He not going to change. So, he would act that way as TB. Doing random stuff---silly, spunky, sappy spontaneous stuff---because that is who he is. But, there is obviously much more to him than his goofy exterior. He has shown us that he is introspective, given great thought to what he wants in life, knows the traits he is looking for in a partner that would truly be compatible long term, longs to be in a relationship, has a great support system at home that appears to nurture individuality as opposed to conformity, and cares about people enough to give every gal a chance but not abuse his position as the bachelor to smash hearts. Just like the men say about Des, that she is the kind of woman who allows the men to feel as if she is truly engaged in their conversations, is accepting, and therefore they open up to her and develop the feeling of intimacy with her very easily, I think Zak would be the same way. He would end up breaking a bunch of hearts, but not for sport, and not because he was tricked or manipulated into doing so. jmho
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:32 pm

RealiySteve's impute from todays column:

I think Zak is pretty much an open book. I definitely think he was the most real of the final four guys. Quirky, outgoing, spontaneous, adventurous, etc. I never felt like he was acting or trying to be someone he wasn’t. Sure, he said he was in love after a few weeks and played up his nudity, but compared to the others, he came across as most genuine to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:33 pm

I am just saying that he's just as manipulated as any of them are. I am not saying he shouldn't be the next Bachelor.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:41 pm

Here is an expert from Mike G's press conference where he was asked to describe the F4:

Beth Kwiatkowski: OK. And you've mentioned so far on the call that you were close with the guys remaining and you think very positively of each of them. Would you mind sharing your thoughts a little more specifically on each of the guys left, like, your general opinion on the great qualities they have that could potentially be great for Des?

Michael Garofola: OK. Sure. Yes. I mean, I will -- let's start -- let's start with Zak. It's funny, you know? I want -- you know, Zak is a guy that we all wanted to hate on night one because he didn't have his shirt on. I mean, the guy comes without a shirt on to the cocktail party, and yet you spend five minutes with the guy and you're, like, you know -- it was almost like he forgot to wear a shirt and someone just forgot to tell him, hey, buddy. You forgot your shirt, you know?

Because he was -- he was not acting like a dude that would show up to a cocktail party without a shirt on. So, I mean, that was number one that I knew that there was more to him than, you know, some sort of, you know, meathead guy showing up without a shirt.

And then from there, I really got to know him. He's -- like I said, I mean, he's a renaissance man. I mean, he -- you know, he draws, he sings, he writes -- he writes poetry, he writes music, you know, he's into -- you know, he was into sports. I mean, he's just an -- he's an all-around good guy and has a good heart, and also, you know, was supporting me, I guess you could say, and supported the rest of the guys who had issues with Ben and James at times in the house.

I mean, he was -- Zak was very outspoken about that as well and had a very strong moral compass, I would say. So that's Zak

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:16 pm

MiaHawk wrote:
albean99 wrote:The Naked Bachelor? giggling 

Not feeling the love for Zak as TB. He's still too goofy for me and I don't mean that in a good way. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen but I'm hoping not.

I've been holding back, but here goes....

If there are any Fleiss-spies here, listen up to this one viewer's opinion.

Zak is the total package as a man and he would be as TB on this tv show.  He knows who he is and what he is looking for in a partner.  He is a 31 year old man.  Not a boy, a man.  He comes fom a great loving family. He is intelligent, creative, adventurous, caring, fun, and romantic.  He is both spunky and humble. Few men on this show have displayed as many gestures of sentimentality---antique journal, special ring, and hand drawings of his experiences.  That idea was apparently such a good one that Des borrowed it and drew a series of pictures for Chris! Zak came out of the limo shirtless, stripped down to jump in the pool, and was "that guy" in episode one. But in each subsequent episode, as we got to know him, he began to melt my heart.  I found everything about him to be endearing.  From his silly "I've got a snake in my boots" (deleted scene), to his perserverence and assertiveness to get his first kiss by the grapefruit tree, to his telling Des about his 90 year old karaoke lady friend (deleted scene), I just find him to have such a wide array of good qualities.  He is a Renaissance Man of sorts.  He would be a joy to watch as the Bachelor.  Wish him nothing but the best!

I second all that! But they never pick a Bachelor I like, so not expecting it, although hoping.

Back to top Go down

Post by Longhornfan Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:33 pm

MiaHawk wrote:
atem wrote:

I don't agree there.  He was manipulated real easy into thinking Desiree was feeling the same and even buy a ring!

I'm not sure if you are implying that TPTB manipulated Zak behind the scenes to think Des was more in love with him than she was, or if you are implying that Des manipulated Zak into thinking she was 'in love' with him.  

I don't believe that Des intentionally manipulated Zak or any of the others to purposefully mislead them.  Des comes across as a caring, empathetic, positive person who tried to be truly present with each of her men on each of their dates.  In other words, she made them comfortable enough to be themselves, while she enjoyed their company, and all the while she was assessing her own inner feelings of attraction and compatibility internally. I think she has shown in her exit talks with the rejected men that she does genuinely care about their feelings, she does admire certain of their traits, and wants to make sure that they know how wonderful they are, just that they are not 'the one' for her.

As for TPTB manipulating Zak, I don't think they could manipulate him any more than they try to manipulate every one on this show. Because of his age, life experiences, and mature sense of who he is, I don't think they could manipulate him very much.  He wears his heart on his sleeve. He is spontaneous and carefree.  He not going to change.  So, he would act that way as TB.  Doing random stuff---silly, spunky, sappy spontaneous stuff---because that is who he is.  But, there is obviously much more to him than his goofy exterior.  He has shown us that he is introspective, given great thought to what he wants in life, knows the traits he is looking for in a partner that would truly be compatible long term, longs to be in a relationship, has a great support system at home that appears to nurture individuality as opposed to conformity, and cares about people enough to give every gal a chance but not abuse his position as the bachelor to smash hearts.  Just like the men say about Des, that she is the kind of woman who allows the men to feel as if she is truly engaged in their conversations, is accepting, and therefore they open up to her and develop the feeling of intimacy with her very easily, I think Zak would be the same way.  He would end up breaking a bunch of hearts, but not for sport, and not because he was tricked or manipulated into doing so. jmho  

Thanks, Mia, for coming to Zak's defense here, because I believe that we, as a society, shouldn't measure the beauty of another person, based soley on how they look on the outside, but should also consider the other great qualities that they would bring to the table.  And I think that you have done a great job of describing what Zak has to offer in a serious relationship - and you have done so very eloquently, I might add.  Our society is so focused on the outward beauty (or lack thereof) when judging other people.  And there are many "gems" out there who are overlooked because they just don't measure up to what we consider to be handsome or beautiful.  I will admit that I too was guilty of that when I was younger.

Sadly, there are probably a lot of people who are also discounting Zak as being Bachelor material, because they don't think that he is good-looking enough to be the next lead.  The Bachelor can either be a good experience, or it can be a PR disaster.  I really don't think that TB is the best place for Zak to be looking for love, so for that reason, I hope that they pick someone else to fill that spot.  Maybe, though, Zak will be lucky and find his Peyton outside the show, just like Chris L did.  

And, I will be pulling for Zak to find that special one.  Hopefully, it will happen for him, like it has for some of the other former Bach castmates.  I do believe that Zak will make some lucky "woman" a good husband too.  I just hope that he does not fall back onto that dark place that he talked about in the limo during his exit scene.  But the recent pictures of him DO seem to indicate that he is happy and hopefully in a good place right now.

Longhornfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:29 pm

MiaHawk - love your synopsis of our good guy Zak. I'd love to see him as the Bachelor. I'd love to see more of his loving and talented and fun family. And I think there are many, many women who would love to meet him - either on the show or off. Too bad I'm taken or there would be a cougar chasing him! Nice shout out to Zak from Michael G.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5414

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:26 pm

With fans today
Zack Kalter - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 41 27831510
skdaws Loved meeting these studs tonight! All so nice and (obviously) so handsome. #TheBachelorette @drewkenney1985 @RealZakWaddell

Zack Kalter - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 41 87b72b10 Zack Kalter - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 41 86669110 Zack Kalter - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 41 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:07 am

Zack looks soooooo good.

Zack Kalter - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 41 B93ccc60f02b11e2866d22000a9f137d_7

Zack Kalter - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion - Page 41 Adefe3e6dbcd11e2be5222000a1fafb5_7

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 50 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 45 ... 50  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Zack Kalter - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Discussion

+64
Chacharo
Rolly
sfrank
yrkiemommy
LLiza