SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 21 - Jenn Tran - Sept 3 - FRC - ATFR - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 21 - Jenn Tran - Sept 3 - FRC - ATFR - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 3 Empty Re: Bachelorette 21 - Jenn Tran - Sept 3 - FRC - ATFR - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Jeepers Wed Sep 04, 2024 2:20 am

Weird that Jenn’s F4 were all there!

A bit of grace and a bit of badass
Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 21 - Jenn Tran - Sept 3 - FRC - ATFR - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 3 Empty Re: Bachelorette 21 - Jenn Tran - Sept 3 - FRC - ATFR - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Norcalgal Wed Sep 04, 2024 3:31 am

Well that was a real shitshow! Up until tonight, I always felt Devin was all in, more than Jenn. But seeing her so upset, I realized she did have more feelings toward Devin than I gave her credit for. I also think she was highly embarrassed by how things turned out.

Some highlights for me - James, her brother! Stand up man. When he cried expressing his love and admiration for Jenn, I felt as it was pent-up emotion from years of not expressing it.
Doesn't matter - every woman should have family that feels that way about them.

So we've been beating Marcus up all season due to alleged abuse toward women or at least ignoring them when they truly needed a man to care about them. And in the end, Marcus came clean and was honest about his feelings toward Jenn and Devin, "the sure thing", was a total f-up. And Marcus and Jenn can look back and feel good that they met and parted when they did. While Jenn now has nothing but scorn for the sure-thing Devin.

Seeing Jonathan in the audience to support Jenn was touching. I hope they maintain their friendship as surely she needs one right now. Don't know what to think about Jeremy and Devin meeting up to go clubbing in NYC after Devin broke things off with Jenn. Was Maria in NYC at the same club? So bizarre that Devin started following her the day after he broke off with Jenn.Hakeem was there to support the truth! Please spill it Hakeem!

But the best part of the whole night was Kelsey exiting the limo on Joan's first night meeting her bachelors and introducing her dad. Mark's comment to Joan was so sweet and enduring.
Anyone else think he's got the next Golden Bachelor gig?

I would say the producers have another black eye for casting a lead without investing in candidates that match up with the lead. Most of us were unimpressed with the cast this season and look at how it ended. I feel a little vindicated that Jenn ended up single as I felt none of the men were worthy of her.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5406

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Sep 04, 2024 3:35 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I actually agree with you. None of this makes sense. One minute the audience is loving Devin and feeling bad for him while watching Jenn basically begging Marcus to love her, knowing he didn't want to feel second best. The next moment, he is the bad guy for breaking up with her. The one explanation that would make sense for that...being second best...isn't even mentioned, even though this was a major, major part of his story line.

I frankly had no clue what they were talking about when they were trying to explain what happened and why. I feel as if we the viewers are missing something. This very much reminds me of the Rachel/Tino break up, but makes even less sense.

Naturally, Jenn's family were sad, but they didn't seem angry, which I thought was strange. I would have been if some jerk had messed with my sister, yet I caught Jason, her brother, smiling at one point while he was watching her LCD with Devin. Knowing how things worked out, that seems odd. Makes things even more confusing and makes me think even more that we are missing something.

Something else that confused me was the reaction of the four guys. Jeremy had been partying with Devin after the breakup and when Jesse asked him, he just kind of shrugged. Are they team Jenn or team Devin?

Either way, this was the most depressing final ever and I hope I never see anything like it again. I feel bad for both of them. They both looked miserable. It will be interesting to see what starts dribbling out post show. Eventually the truth will come out. It always does. These people just can't keep their mouths shut.

One more thing, I wonder if this ending could set Jenn up for another season as the Bette? Kind of like they did for Brad. Give her time to heal,  Bachelorette 21 - Jenn Tran - Sept 3 - FRC - ATFR - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 3 2622943811 but next time they are stuck for a lead, they could pop her in there. I'm sure she will get very favorable press...she did it her way, strong woman, did the proposal, jerk broke her heart, she deserves another chance.  Bachelorette 21 - Jenn Tran - Sept 3 - FRC - ATFR - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 3 2622943811 This stuff writes itself.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by mizzoufan Wed Sep 04, 2024 4:33 am

I knew Devin was a POS from day one

mizzoufan

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Wed Sep 04, 2024 6:40 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  I was confused by her family's reaction as well. Perhaps they never really saw it working out anyway, and were unsurprised by the outcome. Even so, I would think they'd be angry to see her so upset by Devin's behavior.

What I find confusing about Devin is that he so aggressively pursued her during the show. Usually when you want someone that much you are extra willing to smooth out differences. When he said that he was asking things of her that were diminishing her, it sounds like he didn't want to compromise afterwards (i.e. religion, politics, where to live, work, etc.) I could kind of see this happening due to his behavior early on in the show.

Bubble love, I guess. But his lack of willingness to make it work post-show puzzles me. It doesn't leave me with a good impression of him.

As for going out "clubbing" with Jeremy, I wondered if perhaps they just met up at a bar, which is a typical way to meet up with friends in NYC. If they were indeed out looking for women, then it's just one more way that Devin is tone-deaf.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Minney Wed Sep 04, 2024 7:38 am

What a strange finale! Totally reminded me of Rachel/Tino too. It takes two and for whatever reason ABC wants to make the men take all the responsibility and lift up the women for "not settling" and "knowing what they deserve/worth". The guys might not be the best or most ready for a relationship, but ABC selected them initially and the leads selected them after that. Women taking the victim mentality with zero accountability gets frustrating to watch. So excited for the Golden Bachelorette!
Minney
Minney

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Wed Sep 04, 2024 10:50 am

Jenn had her issues but I do think that Devin should get the majority of the criticism for the way he handled himself post-filming. All she wanted was answers and previous f1 had problems with what they saw on the show but it seems like he didn't talk to her about it. I have to think that it was a part of it but I wonder if even that was more embarrassment on his part. If he truly loved her then he should have talked it through with her. I think the other part was that he wasn't comfortable with her being Asian and a Buddhist. It was fine when he was in the bubble but possibly not irl. He didn't show any remorse for his part in what happened nor an ounce of sympathy for Jenn last night. Of the 4 guys, the only one who really seemed to be there for Jenn was Jonathan. I wonder if Kelsey was able to talk to her afterward? I would have liked to see some of her friends from the show there but Rachel Recchia seemed very upset for Jenn so was in her corner.

The other villains of the season were TPTB for not getting Jenn guys that were there for her for one thing. Jillian Harris had a similar situation in that most of the guys thought they were getting someone else but they did bring in 5 guys last minute, including Ed who she picked. The worst was when they made her watch the proposal alongside Devin. Jesse, who I really like, deserves come criticism also even though he didn't have a say in what was shown because he wasn't his usual empathetic self when Jenn was heartbroken and crying throughout.

I really think they should offer Jenn another chance since they botched it so bad but I think she should run screaming if they do after what they did to her. They really should apologize publicly also.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15485

Back to top Go down

Post by luvstx Wed Sep 04, 2024 11:10 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Agree with you on all counts. But if they offer Jenn another chance, she should turn it down. She will find a ferocious love off the show with someone who matches her intelligence and will work through the bumps of any relationship.

You hit the nail on the head when you said tat Devin didn't seem to want to comfort Jenn at all last night. Guessing someone told him that the less said the better given there was no way he could dig himself out of the hole he had dug.

While I don't want to get political here, is it possible that irl the two of them realized that their political differences (if there were any) were too tough to get past? If so, they should have covered more of that in their conversations during the season.

Bottom line is that Jenn's guys were clearly not picked for her and she had slim pickings. She deserves better and I'm confident she will find it.
luvstx
luvstx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Sep 04, 2024 1:05 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I am bring this from your post above.

I really think they should offer Jenn another chance since they botched it so bad but I think she should run screaming if they do after what they did to her. They really should apologize publicly also.

All I think of is Brad. We thought he was done with them after what they did to him...which was not as sympathetic an edit as she is getting. Never say never. The urge for attention is incredible in these people, but she may prefer to remain the strong, wronged woman. We shall see. Naturally, she was rewarded with DWTS. Now the Bachelor nation vote will probably split.

I figure it will be a few years before we start hearing what really happened in this mess of a season.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by SunnyRachel Wed Sep 04, 2024 1:38 pm

It was cruel and disgusting what Jenn had to endure all season even in the end. It's sad how the show and production treated her season  and her along with her awful disgusting men they had casted clearly for Maria or Daisy. Being the 1st Asian Bachelorette makes it even more sad how they treated her season. The didn't even give her a chance to get men who actually wanted her.  It's more pathetic how the show wants to credit having 1st Asian ette but not given a care to her and her mental health. Granted Jenn is not perfect but the show knew that all along and that's more disgusting how her season went and how it ended as well for her.

Seeing this makes me even more happier Caila was never the ette her season. She ended up with a better man and husband for her outside the franchise. They would have done her wrong like do with people of color in general. I hope Jenn enjoys herself on DWTS since Bachelorette was not it for her and hope after DWTS she goes back to school and gets her degree and all eventually in time will find her a man who will love her for her and also grow tog.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
SunnyRachel
SunnyRachel

Female Posts : 331

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo47 Wed Sep 04, 2024 2:28 pm

What a load of crap this finale was! Shame on ABC for airing that proposal & masking their decision to do so with “empowerment”. Jenn had no choice in that airing - Jesse asking her was a rhetorical question. We may eventually hear what happened between J&D, but does it really matter? He seemingly changed right after leaving Hawaii, so it likely has nothing to do with Marcus. I hope she never looks back at the franchise. She wasn’t my favourite lead, but she did not deserve the way she was treated by Devin nor ABC.
jojo47
jojo47

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleurdesel Wed Sep 04, 2024 4:11 pm

So glad I did not watch any of it... You guys were right in thinking that the guys were not that great this season! I feel really bad for Jenn but I am guessing she's happy to now be on DWTS ! Not that it makes up for anything but it will help!
Fleurdesel
Fleurdesel

Female Posts : 849

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 21 - Jenn Tran - Sept 3 - FRC - ATFR - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+14
mizzoufan
Loulou
eusebeia
albean99
timfan