SELECT CONTENT

The Golden Bachelor - Gerry Turner - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 18 of 53 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 35 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Golden Bachelor - Gerry Turner - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 18 Empty Re: The Golden Bachelor - Gerry Turner - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by luvstx Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:48 am

albean99 wrote:I really wish they weren’t rushing this season so much! It doesn’t feel like it should be HTDs already.

Theresa has really gone downhill for me. I was wishing he’d kept Ellen instead. I think she’d have been out if Joan were still here. Right now Leslie and Faith would be my f2 for Garry.

I was out of the country for the first four episodes so finally caught up watching this week. I am sorry for the Teresa 'drama' as think she could be a good match. I was actually somewhat surprised at how strong his connection with Faith seemed last night as she's been a bit of a sleeper for me (even though I knew she was sleuthed as F3).

The biggest question for me with all of these women is how in heck do you mold your two separate lives together at this age? Who is going to move? Are you going to just split locations? Very complicated in my mind. Hard to restart life at that age. But kudos to all of them for being open to it!
luvstx
luvstx

Back to top Go down

The Golden Bachelor - Gerry Turner - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 18 Empty Re: The Golden Bachelor - Gerry Turner - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by frajosfanofchris Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:51 am

The Golden Bachelor - Gerry Turner - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 18 170013_0340-900x0
The Golden Bachelor - Gerry Turner - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 18 170013_0348-900x0
The Golden Bachelor - Gerry Turner - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 18 170013_0373-900x0
The Golden Bachelor - Gerry Turner - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 18 170013_0428-900x0
The Golden Bachelor - Gerry Turner - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 18 170013_0470-900x0
The Golden Bachelor - Gerry Turner - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 18 170013_0498-400x0
The Golden Bachelor - Gerry Turner - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 18 170013_0513-900x0
The Golden Bachelor - Gerry Turner - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 18 170013_0576-900x0
The Golden Bachelor - Gerry Turner - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 18 170013_0593-900x0
The Golden Bachelor - Gerry Turner - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 18 170013_0630-900x0
The Golden Bachelor - Gerry Turner - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 18 170013_0659-900x0
The Golden Bachelor - Gerry Turner - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 18 170013_0685-900x0
The Golden Bachelor - Gerry Turner - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 18 170013_0714-900x0
The Golden Bachelor - Gerry Turner - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 18 170013_0793-900x0
The Golden Bachelor - Gerry Turner - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 18 170012_0290-400x0
The Golden Bachelor - Gerry Turner - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 18 170012_0126-900x0

https://www.dgepress.com/abc/shows/the-golden-bachelor/photos/

I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan
frajosfanofchris
frajosfanofchris

Female Posts : 2303

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo47 Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:03 pm

albean99 wrote:I really wish they weren’t rushing this season so much! It doesn’t feel like it should be HTDs already.

Theresa has really gone downhill for me. I was wishing he’d kept Ellen instead. I think she’d have been out if Joan were still here. Right now Leslie and Faith would be my f2 for Garry.

Personally, I don’t think Gerry has a strong romantic connection with Theresa at all. I think that Leslie & Faith are his real F2, regardless of who is at FRC. I think Gerry will be distraught with Faith’s departure, not necessarily because she is his F1, but because he does have strong feelings for her.

I continue to feel that Leslie is his F1. It’s yet another episode where we see a connection between the two of them like no other. Gerry & Faith’s chemistry on their 1:1 is the next closest, but still not what I see with Gerry & Leslie.
jojo47
jojo47

Back to top Go down

Post by RizBiz Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:20 pm

I guess we all see different things. Smiley I am pretty sure that Theresa is Gerry's F1.
The voice-over where we hear someone say, "I thought you picked/chose me" sobbing, was dubbed onto Ellen, but if you listen closely, it's Leslie's voice. The "you're my girl' whisper, also for Ellen, we all saw was really said to Leslie.

Gerry has said that the FS dates were his watershed moment.
I think he had strong feelings for both Theresa and Leslie, but based upon different reasons.

He probably gained clarity during the FS dates, as to who he was morally and emotionally more comfortable with; to do senior life with. He did say in a recent interview that he found love but that it is on a probationary basis.

Personally, I liked ALL of the women. My decision for F1 is not due to my own preferences but who I see (in spite of the edit) has the best connection for the long haul with him.

I also think that the edit has intentionally not been flattering for Theresa, which is something TPTB do to evoke emotional responses from the viewers. She is sweet and I hope she stays sweet through all of this.
Imo, there are more than enough clues that she is his F1. I do think they will be happy together if they can overcome the negative online media chatter after the final rose. People can be so vicious. sad

And ironically, all the drama in previous episodes that Theresa got flack for - talking about her date and great connection with Gerry - (zip it) - was apparently perfectly fine in the past episode, for Leslie, Ellen and Faith to do. But, the earlier focus on the ' drama' served the purpose of creating doubt about Theresa, for the viewers.
Wonder what Kathy would have said about Faith's sharing of her fabulous date details?
I still cringe at Kathy's (?) statement, "I could wring the little one's neck but he likes her."
Yes, Theresa was obviously a front runner for Gerry since the beginning.
Two more weeks. Smiley

RizBiz

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleurdesel Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:29 pm

@RizBiz I think you are correct! I am hoping we'll get to have a Golden Bachelorette with Leslie or Joan!
Fleurdesel
Fleurdesel

Female Posts : 849

Back to top Go down

Post by George1218 Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:52 pm

@RizBiz and @Fleurdesel I agree with both of you. I think that Gerry had an instant connection with Theresa from the beginning and they still have that strong connection.

I also believe that the episodes are being deliberately edited to create doubt about
Theresa.
George1218
George1218

Female Posts : 1051

Back to top Go down

Post by RizBiz Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:13 pm

@Fleurdesel , I agree that both Leslie and Joan would make for great Golden Bachelorettes. But so would Ellen, Susan, Faith and others. Whoever did the casting for this season did well!! 👏 Lots of options!

And in light of the great reception this show has received over the past few weeks, I think they will (or should) go ahead with branching out to Golden Bachette as well.

@George1218 And I agree that the chemistry between those two was there right from the beginning. HE initiated the cupcake kiss I think, if I remember that correctly. 💋 And lots of kissing and PDA on their first date.

One more observation that I would like to point out.
What has been helpful is watching all the interviews and personal media coverage with Gerry.

On many of these interviews, he said that FS  conversations were very important in helping him make his decision. On both The View and Jen Hudson shows, he mentioned the question of 'going to church.'
From my understanding, both he and Theresa are Catholic (or have Catholic affiliations) and Leslie is Jewish.
Please note: NOTHING against or for either of these two religions with my comment -  but HE brought it up, mentioning it as an important thing to talk about in his journey.

1. If Leslie is a practicing Jew, she would go to synagogue. Not church.
Gerry made these interviews AFTER the show had finished filming and imo, IF he was with Leslie, he would have made concession for that. Ie. 'Going to Church AND/or Synagogue would be important for me to discuss.'
He only mentioned church on both shows.

It's a small detail but when analyzing how a person communicates, this would be a tell-tale omission, IF Leslie was F1.
Sometimes, a lot is revealed not only by what one says, but what one inadvertently omits to say.

(And just in case someone doesn't hear my point, may I clarify again that it's NOT about the individual religions being better or worse, or that people of different religions can't get together. It's about what he said, his choice of words.) Smiley

RizBiz

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo47 Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:15 pm

RizBiz wrote:I guess we all see different things. Smiley I am pretty sure that Theresa is Gerry's F1.
The voice-over where we hear someone say, "I thought you picked/chose me" sobbing, was dubbed onto Ellen, but if you listen closely, it's Leslie's voice. The "you're my girl' whisper, also for Ellen, we all saw was really said to Leslie.

Gerry has said that the FS dates were his watershed moment.
I think he had strong feelings for both Theresa and Leslie, but based upon different reasons.

He probably gained clarity during the FS dates, as to who he was morally and emotionally more comfortable with; to do senior life with. He did say in a recent interview that he found love but that it is on a probationary basis.

Personally, I liked ALL of the women. My decision for F1 is not due to my own preferences but who I see (in spite of the edit) has the best connection for the long haul with him.

I also think that the edit has intentionally not been flattering for Theresa, which is something TPTB do to evoke emotional responses from the viewers. She is sweet and I hope she stays sweet through all of this.
Imo, there are more than enough clues that she is his F1. I do think they will be happy together if they can overcome the negative online media chatter after the final rose. People can be so vicious. sad

And ironically, all the drama in previous episodes that Theresa got flack for - talking about her date and great connection with Gerry - (zip it) - was apparently perfectly fine in the past episode, for Leslie, Ellen and Faith to do. But, the earlier focus on the ' drama' served the purpose of creating doubt about Theresa, for the viewers.
Wonder what Kathy would have said about Faith's sharing of her fabulous date details?
I still cringe at Kathy's (?) statement, "I could wring the little one's neck but he likes her."
Yes, Theresa was obviously a front runner for Gerry since the beginning.
Two more weeks. Smiley

These are really good & valid points. I’ll keep them in mind watching the next episode. Thanks for shedding a different light!
jojo47
jojo47

Back to top Go down

Post by CHO Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:39 pm

Was wondering -
Leslie gets the leap of faith date - the rock climbing (usually reserved for F1) And it appears that Theresa might get the horse riding date ( not the horse riding that prob happened on the hometown with Faith). The horse riding date for a fantasy date - doesn't seem intimate - a lot of space between them. So are those two points significant ?
CHO
CHO

Back to top Go down

Post by RizBiz Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:54 pm

CHO wrote:Was wondering -
Leslie gets the leap of faith date - the rock climbing (usually reserved for F1)   And it appears that Theresa might get the horse riding date ( not the horse riding that prob happened on the hometown with Faith).  The horse riding date for a fantasy date - doesn't seem intimate - a lot of space between them.  So are those two points significant ?

I think Gerry's choice of the idiom  'Watershed Moment ' for the FS dates is revealing.
A watershed moment usually refers to a turning point, 'the exact moment that changes the direction of an activity or situation. A watershed moment is a dividing point, from which things will never be the same . '
He may have had Leslie as his expected F1 (and therefore the types of dates, etc) but there came a watershed moment to him on the FS dates. (His words)
He had very strong feelings for both women; probably honestly even loved them both.
IMO, F1 and F2 - which were already both very close in his affections- switched in his mind due to that watershed moment.

RizBiz

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo47 Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:58 pm

RizBiz wrote:
Leslie gets the leap of faith date - the rock climbing (usually reserved for F1)   And it appears that Theresa might get the horse riding date ( not the horse riding that prob happened on the hometown with Faith).  The horse riding date for a fantasy date - doesn't seem intimate - a lot of space between them.  So are those two points significant ?

I think Gerry's choice of the idiom  'Watershed Moment ' for the FS dates is revealing.
A watershed moment usually refers to a turning point, 'the exact moment that changes the direction of an activity or situation. A watershed moment is a dividing point, from which things will never be the same . '
He may have had Leslie as his expected F1 (and therefore the types of dates, etc) but there came a watershed moment to him on the FS dates. (His words)
He had very strong feelings for both women; probably honestly even loved them both.
IMO, F1 and F2 - which were already both very close in his affections- switched in his mind due to that watershed moment.

The watershed moment & probationary reference must’ve come from an interview & definitely is interesting information. He again referenced comfort & safety with Theresa this past episode, but I interpreted those comments as more non-romantic in tone. Perhaps that is what he decided he “couldn’t live without”.

I also felt Leslie expressing her fear of “not being chosen” again in the last episode as critical to her storyline. JMO
jojo47
jojo47

Back to top Go down

Post by CHO Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:00 pm

RizBiz wrote:

I like your reasoning. In all the years I have been watching the Bach series, it was never completely obvious who the lead was going to pick (maybe a few exceptions) but I think the edit has been showing how great Leslie is - her attractiveness, vitality, and youth. How much fun they have together ... Theresa on the other hand was vulnerable from day 1. She seemed to fall hook line and sinker - perhaps being desperate - and at times a little unhinged. But I was suspect from the beginning that maybe Leslie was contending for a lead as the next Golden Bachelorette. She had enough confidence to lead the group on night one in dancing; she seems to be frequently at the front of the group meeting Gerry on a date. Outgoing ... gave quite a provocative dance routine in the talent show. But it wasn't til this last episode that she showed some vulnerability - the tears - the fear etc. I have "felt" that Theresa was the better match - maybe very much like Gerry - emotional but strong - and has shared a great love with her ex as Gerry has. On the other hand Gerry could be the savior for Leslie - she has never felt great love - this could be it. Gerry has no competition with Leslie - but with Theresa - does he measure up to her ex ?? So I don't know - certainly religion is important. Leslie is very accomplished - won all kinds of competitions - will that need interfere with their relationship ? My intuition tells me - that the producers will give us an unexpected ending - and that we will understand.... And I would not be surprised if Leslie was chosen as the Golden Bachelorette ...
CHO
CHO

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 53 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 35 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Golden Bachelor - Gerry Turner - Episodes - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+27
barbell
Hotmomma
Jolena
CHO
George1218