SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Mar 5th FRC ATFR - #2 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 45 of 57 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 51 ... 57  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Mar 5th FRC ATFR - #2 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 45 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Mar 5th FRC ATFR - #2 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by sopearl Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:56 am

I cannot believe ABC chose to film this and air it all. I cannot believe that Arie agreed to this. I cannot believe that Becca didn't go somewhere and slam a door and lock it where cameras could not come -- like a bathroom or tell them to stop filming. It was all very strange.
sopearl
sopearl

Female Posts : 165

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Mar 5th FRC ATFR - #2 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 45 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Mar 5th FRC ATFR - #2 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by stuckinsc Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:57 am

@docnash14 I find your posts very interesting. What I have not heard from you is does a person need to work on having compassion for others. Yes, Arie does talk about his truthfulness to Becca, but never seems to admit that when you make a commitment to a person (and the engagement is a commitment of exclusivity) that you give them your best. It seems to me Arie spent his time focused on himself only and not really thinking about this person who he has made a commitment to. 

That is what bugs me most. Yes, we should strive for our happy, but have we all given up the notion of compassion for others? Maybe I am naive, but pursuit of your happiness without any compassion for others feelings is a problem. And one I see more and more. Arie is just a televised example of putmyself first no matter how it affects others. 

Also, relationship wise, since he is supposedly out of the bubble is it really healthy to slide from one relationship to another without much self reflection on your actions in the first. He even said he needed to end it quickly with Becca so as not to lose Lauren. No reflection at all.

All JMO.

ETA: discussion of the miscarriage he and Cassie suffered is part of this. I completely understand that Arie would want to share this trauma with a person he was getting involved with, BUT, Cassie asked him to not do it on tv. Since he claims to have loved Cassie disregarding her request to not have a private trauma shared with the world shows more of Arie putting himself first and disregarding the feelings of those he was supposed to have once loved.

Last edited by stuckinsc on Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo47 Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:04 am

tigertiz wrote:
docnash14 wrote:I don't think he is blameless.  I think he royally screwed up in several ways.  He should never had told either woman he was in love with her, should never have proposed to Becca given how conflicted he was (although I still maintain his contract likely compelled him to do so) and when Becca told him to leave, he should have.  However, regarding the latter, I don't believe he stayed because he is  jerk or because he was trying to make it harder on her.  I think he stayed because he felt badly about what he had done and he didn't want to leave her when she was that upset.  Don't agree with his decision but I do believe that was his reasoning.  So while he did not respect her boundaries, to be fair, he did respect them by not touching her after she told him not to.

I think it's unconscionable that the scene was filmed. Don't understand why Becca didn't question when the camera people were there and, like Kasha, I would have demanded that they leave or have left myself if I were Becca.  That said, my guess is that once Arie told the producers he had a change of heart he was given a choice to either tell Becca live before the studio audience at the ATFR (he just about said as much to Becca) or have it filmed sooner at the safe house.  I think he chose the latter as he thought it would be not as embarrassing for Becca and because this timetable suited his own needs better.  He admitted to being concerned that the longer he stayed with Becca the likelihood of reconciling with Lauren would diminish (Arie wins no sensitivity contest with that comment).  And if the producers were true to form, as they did with Jason, were likely exacerbating Arie's concern by telling him that Lauren was in the running to be the next Bachelorette.  So, yes, I think Arie was being selfish by considering his own needs.  Sounds like I am making an excuse for him but aren't we all supposed to be responsible for getting our needs met.

I don't agree with those who saw him emotion-less.  Jason Mesnick or even Ben H. he's not.  By his own admission, he is not a crier.  But in his break-up with Lauren, he looked like he was about to be sick and he did, in fact, cry.  Throughout the season we were witness to how Arie somaticized his feelings rather than felt them.  In the break up scene with Becca, his flushed face, neck and even hands bore witness (IMO) to the genuineness of his feelings.  Do I think Arie needs therapy?  Yes, I do.  Do I think he is a terrible person?  No.
. So much insight. Thank you yet again.

I agree with much of what you’ve stated here, Docnash. I felt the whole break up scene being filmed to that length was ridiculous. However, I will add one thing and that is that Arie could have also asked for privacy for Becca & himself after what was apparently a great length of filming time. He complied by having the meat of the break up filmed (as per contract??), but he could have then walked them both out of the house or taken her behind a closed door for a private conversation. Removing Becca from the camera scrutiny, or at least wholeheartedly attempting to, would’ve been appropriate behaviour for Arie.

Last edited by jojo47 on Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total
jojo47
jojo47

Back to top Go down

Post by Newto Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:07 am

This whole thing is so weird.  If this is reality, I suspect many of us would not want any part of it.  TPTB are laughing all the way to the bank!!

@stuckinsc - good post above.   You're very insightful.  clapping!

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:12 am

MiaHawk wrote:Hello. handwave I'mmm baaaack.
So...What have I missed? :gotcha:
I was wondering where you were! Nice to see you!  handwave

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:16 am

@Newto Thank you! I find this trend of take care of me first and not showing regard for others disturbing. Arie is in no way alone, rather to me, it has become a disturbing trend. JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by lstiff Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:25 am

Rolly wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:
northernviewer wrote:I was surprised to find out how much becca actually knew and how many times they’d discussed his feelings for Lauren post show. If she was truly shocked by that breakup .... she was delusional IMO

The real cruelty tonight was tptb for showing so much of Beccas embarrassment.... hope she keeps that in mind when she’s the ette ... they’re not your friends Becca !
Yep so according to The People's article, for someone wo admits to all the talks about everything from his feelings, liking posts, etc....she didn't know there were problems or at least weren't willing to admit that things aren't rosey.....YIKES!  I am sorry but if you have that many red flags, how could you NOT know?? Suspect hmmm dizzy no idea

So they talk on the phone and have a few SHV. Does anybody doubt with Arie talking about still thinking about Lauren and feeling guilty with how he dumped her that Arie didn’t also continue to say to Becca he loved her.....so much?I’m sure he continued to tell Becca how “solid” she is and so grateful because Becca is being so patient with him? Does anybody doubt that there weren’t also reassurances from Arie.....after the finale they could work together out in the open as a team to plan their future? Arie is a con. Arie went to see Lauren to test the waters and see if there was a chance she would take him back. Lauren told him she still loved him so he knew she would. Just MO but I would not doubt that Arie had more than just one contact with Lauren. Why would anybody believe anything Arie says?

Arie says he will have a better chance finding out if his relationship with Lauren will work if he breaks things off with Becca sooner rather than later. Who says this when they are breaking someone’s heart? How insensitive and self centered can he be?

What kind of man would allow for the cameras to film this breakup knowing that Becca would be blindsided and heartbroken and humiliated? Arie is an awful person and should be ashamed of himself.When someone shows who they are believe them. Becca, and Lauren, deserve so much better than this jerk.IMO. Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Mar 5th FRC ATFR - #2 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 45 2292733854

So many thoughts and emotions from me but this one (BBM) is the one that really got me over the top pissed. That is heartless and cruel. He did not have to say that no matter what else he let TPTB talk him into doing on camera.

IMO

Avatar made by Kikill. #TeamJef :Drinkwater:
lstiff
lstiff

Female Posts : 632

Back to top Go down

Post by George1218 Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:46 am

My heart was breaking for Becca. Even when she tried to walk around the house to get away from the cameras, they wouldn't leave her alone AT ALL. Arie (IMO) didn't show ANY emotion hardly at all during the break up - I mean, he could see how devastated and shocked Becca was and he was COLD!

Becca is so, so much better without him. I really like Becca and was rooting for her to be the next lead, but after that, I don't know if she should do it or not. It's a wonderful opportunity and al, but that was brutal and cruel!!

I like Lauren too and feel sorry for her, because I think Arie will do the same thing to her down the road!
George1218
George1218

Female Posts : 1051

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahD Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:56 am

I can never defend anything that Arie did. To think I liked him so much 5 years ago and wanted him t find his happy ending.

I can’t believe how others see that Arie is blameless because “he did tell Becca” “he broke up with Becca before getting it together with Lauren.”  He knew there’s cameras around, he had two weeks to plan how he could look good coming off of this by making it seem like Becca was just too stupid to stay with him when she’s seen all the red flags.

Becca is a person who stayed in an on and off relationship with a guy for 7 years and based on what we’ve also seen of this guy, it’s bizarre how she could have stayed that long in a relationship with him. I truly think she’s a person who gives people plenty of chances. We may call someone like that dumb but based on what I heard and read, yes, he talked to Lauren but only to check in on her because he’s guilty the way he left things with her. Becca was confident in them and she got proposed to, why would she think he would lie to her? In that conversation, I think that’s when he sealed the deal with Lauren. The dumb blonde was still in love with him and that’s the last thing she said to him before she got in the limo.  After that, it’s where he got his confidence to break it off with Becca.  I just kept hearing what he says “he might miss the opportunity with Lauren.”  He’s that kind of guy.  Always looking if the grass is greener on the other side.

Hate me but I think RS is right. It probably played out in the timeline he outlined.  Those who will continue to defend Arie are those who see no fault in him and love him through and through.**IMO** As much as I liked him before, I’m disgusted with him.  I don’t believe he’s doing this because he’s following his heart. He’s following his d*** until he gets tired of reassuring Lauren. In my opinion, all those concerns that his family brought up and it seems like he also brought up those concerns to Becca. Those are red flags. Their conversations that we’ve seen on screen are red flags and if we learn tonight that by now he has proposed to Lauren, Caroline is sooo right, he’s a guy who does not know what he wants. At 36, it’s really old if he hadn’t figured it out and may be he never will.

All JMO.

It goes without saying...everything I say is IMO.
SarahD
SarahD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:02 pm

FWIW I have yet to see a post stating Arie is blameless. I must have missed that term. 
I see a spectrum of discussion, but I have yet to see anything on that extreme stating blamelessness on his part. 
It's probably me not having enough coffee, I will pay closer attention.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by nikikass Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:04 pm

Lol at this conversation.   I had to leave to recheck my DM’s to make sure I didnt get one.   (I would feel left out). giggling
nikikass
nikikass

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:19 pm

i am still so creeped out about how Arie went about that breakup. He couldn’t even respect her enough to leave when she asked him multiple times. It’s like he was waiting and pushing for her to say “it’s okay” hint dude it’s not. 

Jmo
Diana
Diana

Female Posts : 8591

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 45 of 57 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 51 ... 57  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Mar 5th FRC ATFR - #2 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+91
justcallmegranny
Nibbles22
ironcat
kraft33
crunchette
Ayana
locoforbach
KK4
mysthelma
XQZME
Luvstruck