SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 5th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 5th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 29 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 5th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Aria Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:07 am

Ash2214 wrote:
Aria wrote:
Ash2214 wrote:Realistically, I don’t see how Arie, the lead of this show, in the year 2018 when the show is as huge and as popular as it is, could have gotten away with dumping his fiancé off camera and then picking his runner up. That is monumental for this show. There’s no way, IMO, that production could have been absent from this in any shape or form.

I have no dog in this fight. Was the Mesnick on Arie’s part crappy and horrible? Yes, IMO, but this is a television show and something as huge as this was not going to be done privately. All JMO.

The picking Lauren, yes, that obviously would have to be done on-camera. I don't see why the Becca breakup needed to be him blindsiding her on-camera. Obviously, the show would have wanted that, but Arie could have easily done it off-camera or told her as a warning that it was coming. Mills said he wanted to film Arie going to Emily's because that was a huge thing and would have made for great TV, but he did it without telling them. So, why not this? The show wouldn't have loved it, but they could have done a re-enactment like with Jason/Melissa or a sit-down interview with Arie alone/separate sit-down with Becca and made it work. This just seems unnecessarily cruel. IMO.

Arie showing up at Emily’s over five years ago doesn’t relate to this IMO. It was five years ago. He wasn’t the lead. The show wasn’t as popular as it is now. When Jason did it, how many years ago was that? More than five, so that’s even more in the past and it was the first time it had ever happened.

I don’t see how Arie, who was having second thoughts and seemed to be hurting over his decision, was supposed to keep his mouth shut and not mention this to his producers for the show that he’s the lead for. Once production found out, they were going to do what they wanted to do. JMO

It relates because it shows that he has broken the rules before and goes against what his contract said. Just a month ago, he was posting pictures with Becca on his IG, which again is a major violation of his contract. He does what he wants to do, regardless of the rules or what producers want or his contract.

I'm not saying that he had to keep his mouth shut and not let producers know. That still doesn't mean that he had to blindside her with a breakup on-camera during a SHV. I mean, he called Lauren on Jan 1st off-camera didn't he? So clearly not everything was on-camera. It's pretty simple to me. Unless the producers had locked him up with no phone or internet access and this was literally the only he could get the message to Becca, he could have done it off-camera and just called her. Instead he let her think she was going to a normal SHV and blindsided and humiliated her. IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 5th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 29 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 5th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Ash2214 Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:15 am

Aria wrote:
Ash2214 wrote:
Aria wrote:

The picking Lauren, yes, that obviously would have to be done on-camera. I don't see why the Becca breakup needed to be him blindsiding her on-camera. Obviously, the show would have wanted that, but Arie could have easily done it off-camera or told her as a warning that it was coming. Mills said he wanted to film Arie going to Emily's because that was a huge thing and would have made for great TV, but he did it without telling them. So, why not this? The show wouldn't have loved it, but they could have done a re-enactment like with Jason/Melissa or a sit-down interview with Arie alone/separate sit-down with Becca and made it work. This just seems unnecessarily cruel. IMO.

Arie showing up at Emily’s over five years ago doesn’t relate to this IMO. It was five years ago. He wasn’t the lead. The show wasn’t as popular as it is now. When Jason did it, how many years ago was that? More than five, so that’s even more in the past and it was the first time it had ever happened.

I don’t see how Arie, who was having second thoughts and seemed to be hurting over his decision, was supposed to keep his mouth shut and not mention this to his producers for the show that he’s the lead for. Once production found out, they were going to do what they wanted to do. JMO

It relates because it shows that he has broken the rules before and goes against what his contract said. Just a month ago, he was posting pictures with Becca on his IG, which again is a major violation of his contract. He does what he wants to do, regardless of the rules or what producers want or his contract.

I'm not saying that he had to keep his mouth shut and not let producers know. That still doesn't mean that he had to blindside her with a breakup on-camera during a SHV. I mean, he called Lauren on Jan 1st off-camera didn't he? So clearly not everything was on-camera. It's pretty simple to me. Unless the producers had locked him up with no phone or internet access and this was literally the only he could get the message to Becca, he could have done it off-camera and just called her. Instead he let her think she was going to a normal SHV and blindsided and humiliated her. IMO.

Again, it was over five years ago. He wasn’t the lead. The show wasn’t as popular. I completely think all of that plays into it. And that picture he posted with Becca, the majority of the audience would have never guessed that was Becca. It took people to match freaking clothing to figure that out.

Do we know he 100% blindsided her in a SHV? According to RS, Becca was aware that he was struggling with his decision and he still had feelings for Lauren. Sure, RS has also said that he doesn’t think Becca knew he would break up with her, but is that 100% confirmation because RS doesn’t think so?

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:20 am

@Ash2214 No, but that's the hypothetical that we're having this discussion on. Clearly, if Arie had warned her beforehand and said "I'm breaking up with you and going back to Lauren and they're going to come film us at our SHV next weekend", it would change things. We don't know anything 100% right now and are just going off of RS and SM. From that, it doesn't seem like Becca saw it coming, but we'll see how it plays out.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:29 am

Arie and Lauren? Holy awkwardness! And she's already acting annoyed and jealous behind the scenes? Zero chance these two will last. laugh out loud The moment she stops being all sweet and docile around Arie, he'll be on to the next woman. JMO.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:33 am

^^^ :yes: IA.  And now that the thrill of the chase is gone and he's "won" her, wonder how long he'll be interested and want to keep her.  I totally expect him to get bored again and move on quickly.

I'd like him to prove me wrong and them last, at least for a while, but I certainly won't hold my breathe waiting on that to happen. laugh out loud

JMO
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:35 am

@Aria Yeah, there are definitely a lot of things we don’t know and potentially won’t ever know. I just know that if I were Becca and I was apparently informed by Arie that he was struggling with his decision and that he had feelings for Lauren still, I would not feel safe or secure in that relationship and would potentially expect something bad to happen. I would be prepared for it no matter what Arie or production said to me.

I feel for Becca. It must suck, but she has the high potential of becoming the next lead, so I think it will be worth it for her. JMO

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:45 am

Ash2214 wrote:Realistically, I don’t see how Arie, the lead of this show, in the year 2018 when the show is as huge and as popular as it is, could have gotten away with dumping his fiancé off camera and then picking his runner up. That is monumental for this show. There’s no way, IMO, that production could have been absent from this in any shape or form.

I have no dog in this fight. Was the Mesnick on Arie’s part crappy and horrible? Yes, IMO, but this is a television show and something as huge as this was not going to be done privately. All JMO.
I agree. 
This is a train wreck at best. 
I keep coming back to those clauses that say the show can do this, that and the other and thinking this season they do just that and more. 
It seems like the show is no longer just about the episodes. This season the episodes are not as interesting as the aftermath. JMO
Personally, I hope Becca chooses not to go on ATFR and they leave it with the break up and that's it.
Also, we don't know what the current contract states as far as social media is concerned with the last 3 remaining cast. 
I do believe since the past couple seasons, cast are encouraged to do certain things with social media. It may not be an exact do this or that, but I think certain things liked, followed etc and their timings are encouraged for certain reasons.

Last edited by Kashathediva on Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:32 pm

mindless wrote:Arie and Lauren? Holy awkwardness! And she's already acting annoyed and jealous behind the scenes? Zero chance these two will last. laugh out loud The moment she stops being all sweet and docile around Arie, he'll be on to the next woman. JMO.

I guess they left it in for a reason .  I wasn’t sure if it was edited in for Arie to see or the viewers.  Was it was re-edited to set up the breakup ? Either way, it wasn’t a good look for Lauren. She sounded entitled . It’s a crack up how many times the camera pans on her and all they got was a salty face. Now we know why. The green eyed monster’s blood runs thick in her Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 5th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 29 4256136633

Becca K is always grateful and says thank you. Lauren seems like a WIIFM. What’s in it for me.
All Jmo

Back to top Go down

Post by suzq Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:48 pm

I have no idea how they are going to treat the finale or the AFTR? Are they going to portray Arie and Lauren as a happy couple? They will obviously show the filmed breakup between Arie and Becca. If they do any kind of a follow-up with Becca -- I hope that it will be filmed and for her to make her statement (s) by herself. I would not want her to have to face Arie again. JMO. Does anyone have any theories about what you think may happen?

suzq

Back to top Go down

Post by mslat92 Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:52 pm

Just because Arie ends up with Lauren now doesn't mean TPTB are going to try and hype them up as a couple or give her a favourable edit. Look at how they treated Courtney. If they want to make you look bad/villain, they'll do it. Lauren and Arie's first one on one did them no favours, and that was intentional. I don't believe that they had NO good conversation during the day portion of their date, but that's exactly how it was edited to look.

I'll be interested to see how they edit Becca's date next week. In fact, I'm super intrigued now how Arie even choses Becca in the end. Since their first date, he hasn't given her a group date rose, and has lumped her into the middle/end when giving out roses. If I didn't know the spoiler, I'd think he'd lost interest.
mslat92
mslat92

Female Posts : 526

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:13 pm

It is a question ... why the h*** choosing Becca, when at the moment I don't see him interested (for her being F1 nor F2) ... I continue to believe he chose her just because she represented everything he might have thought his future wife should be like ... someone to get along with his social circle quickly, embrasing his lifestyle and be there for him 100% ... and Becca is showing him that she is invested, open, considerate and easy to hang around ... but I don't see him be invested in her as a person and that's my major peeve with him ... he shouldn't have chosen her if he wasn't feeling it and I don't think he was feeling it at all, despite his "fell in love with 2 women" crap story. For the rest I don't blame him ... but I do think he was incredibly selfish, egotistical and irresponsible (enjoying a woman for FSD and 2 more weeks, if not more, while having feelings for someone else) ... so good that he ended it sooner rather than later ... and I do believe Becca felt the end was coming but the green light for the breakup needed to be approved first, so the timing may had been TPTB fault, but Arie still has his responsability and part in the method and well, we'll see if he mans up.

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:18 pm

mslat92 wrote:Just because Arie ends up with Lauren now doesn't mean TPTB are going to try and hype them up as a couple or give her a favourable edit. Look at how they treated Courtney. If they want to make you look bad/villain, they'll do it. Lauren and Arie's first one on one did them no favours, and that was intentional. I don't believe that they had NO good conversation during the day portion of their date, but that's exactly how it was edited to look.

I'll be interested to see how they edit Becca's date next week. In fact, I'm super intrigued now how Arie even choses Becca in the end. Since their first date, he hasn't given her a group date rose, and has lumped her into the middle/end when giving out roses. If I didn't know the spoiler, I'd think he'd lost interest.

I definitely think they're going to give Lauren/Arie a bad edit. On the other forums, everyone is hating on Lauren for being entitled and a spoiled brat and Arie only liking her for her looks.

I'm confused by the Becca thing too. I did see him reaching for her hand when they were walking into the auditorium, but other than that, it doesn't seem like she's gotten much special attention from him. It'll be interesting seeing their 1-on-1 next week if the chemistry is there or if this is a Chris/Whitney type of situation, where he just picked the girl he admired, but didn't love.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - Episodes - Feb 5th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+59
Amethyst
FLChica
beader
provenceguy
Storybook