SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3

Page 75 of 79 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3 - Page 75 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3

Post by Guest Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:40 pm

Kashathediva wrote:There are lots of firsts in the history of the show. Bob G. fell in love with one of his ex wives while doing the show, while he was doing the show. He was not interested in either his F1 or F2 to the degree of that other woman. Yet he had to choose someone. According to MF Blob had intimate relations with 6.5 women cast during filming.  Go figure what a half means. 

Back in those days the channel "ABC Family" (now Freeform) would run the episodes of the show with commentary. The hostess of that show for Bob's season was Rebecca Budig, a soap actress on the ABC soap All My Children. This show is how I got interested in watching the series. I had watched Season 2 this way... if I remember right, they would run marathons of the show.

By the time Bob's season was on, they would do these shows later in the week of airing. Bob was usually there with Rebecca. There were other guests as well, although I don't remember them ever being any of the girls. So this would have been filmed several months after the show had been filmed. The other thing I remember about Bob was that he and Estella attended Trista and Ryan's wedding although it was said he pretty much ignored her the whole time. Their breakup was announced shortly after that. Which in real time was just a couple weeks after the end of his season airing. In other words, he was "with" Estella but getting to know Rebecca at the same time. It came out pretty quickly after the breakup announcement that he was dating Rebecca. They married the next summer.

The other thing about this was Oprah had a show at the end of Bob's season all about the series. It was touting the wedding of Trista and Ryan. Also on stage were Bob/Estella as the newest couple from the series along with Andrew/Jen who were still together at the time of taping. They also broke up shortly after that.

Andrew's season aired March/May 2003. Bob's season aired September/November 2003.

Trista/Ryan's wedding was aired on TV in December 2003.

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3 - Page 75 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3

Post by Guest Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:30 pm

Amazing Trivia! So Arie did something groundbreaking in his own right. The Arie might make it’s way into the dictionary similar to the Mesnick . Oops, I just checked and it’s already there and it’s interesting the references are to sex or sexuality. Might have to be The Arie 1.0. I do agree with those that say the editing sounds calculating .

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:47 pm

Kashathediva wrote:I doubt the show is going to change formula and stop with the sham engagements. The only variable left is to continue to re-write how they couples tend to deal with their aftermath. 
There really isn't that much new to me with this season that has not been played before except for social media and the response. JMO

Great walk down memory lane. Jenn Schefft did indeed end up dating her boss - nightclub owner Billy Dec. source She went to work in one (or both) of his Chicago nightclubs after the show, but it didn't last long. I suspect once she was no longer a drawing card for nightclub business she lost her job - and her boyfriend Billy. JMHO, but I did hear this from a friend of Jerry Ferris (one of the two she didn't pick).

What happened to Brad after 1.0 and JPG shows why it is fraught with peril to go against production. And what happened to Jason shows why it is fraught with peril to play along with production. You can't win.

While there's little fresh / new ideas coming from the producers, it does seem that with each new season they have to amp up the drama to make things seem new. The "in love with two" idea is certainly not new but it seems to keep escalating with successive seasons.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by Minney Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:50 pm

Wondered how long it was going to be before we start to hear spin control and hyping the mess to come. giggling TPTB work with what they've got. I don't know if I believe they script it as much as place well intended hints and suggestions into easily manipulated leads and contestants heads and sit back and watch the crap unfold. They are fluid enough in the storylines and after show events to support whatever outcome they want and they never have to take responsibly as they claim it's all human nature. Any humiliation and bad behavior is on the participants and not CH or producers. Ratings have been so low this season that Arie has handed them the much needed boost of drama just by being himself! rofl
Minney
Minney

Back to top Go down

Post by SeekAny Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:25 pm

I rewatched the Jason and Molly parts of his ATFR. And wow, those two really still loved each other. I forgot how that was. And what great TV it was. She was so shocked to hear his words but you could tell so happy. For some reason I just don’t think this scenario will come close to that. Jason was so genuine. He made a mistake and it was clear. I can’t wait to see how we’ll all feel watching Arie and this season’s ATFR.
SeekAny
SeekAny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:36 pm

I''m slightly obsesses with his hands but Arie creeps me. There something about his smile that doesn't quite make it to his eyes.*JMO*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:04 pm

2ndcampbell wrote:I''m slightly obsesses with his hands but Arie creeps me. There something about his smile that doesn't quite make it to his eyes.*JMO*

Is this foreshadowing ?  giggling if you check, he always smiles almost the exact same way Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3 - Page 75 3806527698
Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3 - Page 75 49a17910

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:20 pm

SeekAny wrote:I rewatched the Jason and Molly parts of his ATFR. And wow, those two really still loved each other. I forgot how that was. And what great TV it was. She was so shocked to hear his words but you could tell so happy. For some reason I just don’t think this scenario will come close to that. Jason was so genuine. He made a mistake and it was clear. I can’t wait to see how we’ll all feel watching Arie and this season’s ATFR.
I will feel the same about Arie not mattter how the show ends. To me it is just a reality show that contestants get caught up in the bubble. It is highly edited to make $$$$. The more drama the more viewers. I can see how any lead or contestant can change their mind when reality in the real world hits.  JMO
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by USAGold Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:30 pm

whit90 wrote:
SeekAny wrote:I rewatched the Jason and Molly parts of his ATFR. And wow, those two really still loved each other. I forgot how that was. And what great TV it was. She was so shocked to hear his words but you could tell so happy. For some reason I just don’t think this scenario will come close to that. Jason was so genuine. He made a mistake and it was clear. I can’t wait to see how we’ll all feel watching Arie and this season’s ATFR.
I will feel the same about Arie not mattter how the show ends. To me it is just a reality show that contestants get caught up in the bubble. It is highly edited to make $$$$. The more drama the more viewers. I can see how any lead or contestant can change their mind when reality in the real world hits.  JMO

Yes totally agree ! Thanks for sharing !!

USAGold

Female Posts : 306

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:44 pm

Another way the switcharoo spoiler situation differs from Jason and Molly’s situation is that Jason and Molly talked it out - unfortunately for them onstage - whereas Lauren’s parents house is this season’s setting and may involve her parents in the filmed portion.
Does she live with them? 
If not, why didn’t they film at Lauren’s place? 

By contrast, I liked that Jason and Molly handled their relationship glitch independent of others.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:57 pm

I've said before that it's not the switch I have a problem with - it's the liking another woman's IG posts 2 weeks after the engagement, it's the "I'm so happy" four days after you broke someone's heart, and it's (likely, according to RS) blindsiding Becca with the filmed breakup during a SHV. Jason messed up with not telling Melissa about his feelings for Molly, but the breakup was mutual and off-camera and there was no contact with Molly when he was with Melissa. Arie just seemed to do things in a much more selfish and heartless way. Yes, for us, it's just TV, but there were real people involved. IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:20 pm

Aria wrote:I've said before that it's not the switch I have a problem with - it's the liking another woman's IG posts 2 weeks after the engagement, it's the "I'm so happy" four days after you broke someone's heart, and it's (likely, according to RS) blindsiding Becca with the filmed breakup during a SHV. Jason messed up with not telling Melissa about his feelings for Molly, but the breakup was mutual and off-camera and there was no contact with Molly when he was with Melissa. Arie just seemed to do things in a much more selfish and heartless way. Yes, for us, it's just TV, but there were real people involved. IMO.  
Yes their are real people involved and I am sorry for whoever got hurt ! I just look at the show so much differently now. I wish they would take the engagement part out but if you do not get engaged then they will make your life miserable. I truly can't see how someone falls truly in love with a person only after spending hours with them . So hopefully the other party was not truly hurt or blindsided. JMO
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 75 of 79 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 22 - Arie Luyendyk Jr - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - #3

+92
jlccaz
kraft33
FLChica
charriotoffire
Eagle Eye