SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 48 of 79 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 63 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen -  SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 48 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by LeapofFaith Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:05 am

Does she actually sing??
LeapofFaith
LeapofFaith

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen -  SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 48 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:11 am

I just... I can't... I don't know!  My brain is refusing to process it!

Meanwhile, the reactions on Twitter are predictably scathing....

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:16 am

I am actually kind of scared of how nasty SM is going to get when the show starts Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen -  SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 48 1f62c
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:21 am

I just want to say I called it correctly in my last post that the directive for Ali would be ‘unlucky in love’. I could see it coming a mile away. The promo is as fake as Ali is so i’m predicting the whole season will be of a similar fakeness. All I can say is ‘ir’s a no from me’ and the same can be said from a couple of thousand posters on Facebook !!!

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:32 am

I just honestly don't know what they were thinking casting Ali.  The backlash has been overwhelming, and it's only going to get worse IMO.  This could be really, really damaging to her mental health.  And I don't think she's on solid ground to begin with.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:30 am

And on it goes. On and on... and on.

Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen -  SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 48 T4qj0K2

Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen -  SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 48 GKyCUqN

Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen -  SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 48 FDNkkNj

Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen -  SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 48 3ejnmXa

Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen -  SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 48 YMB9cFB

Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen -  SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 48 JojVsJM

Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen -  SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 48 SHOG787

Source

Aye Carumba.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:06 pm

Bachelorette promo featuring Ali Oetjen awkwardly performing a karaoke-style version of 'Can't Hurry Love' while dressed as Marilyn Monroe in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

By Caleb Taylor For Daily Mail Australia

The first promo video for The Bachelorette was released this Wednesday, featuring Ali Oetjen re-enacting a scene from classic Marilyn Monroe film Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, while performing the song Can't Hurry Love.

And while Channel 10 pulled out all the stops to produce the colourful teaser, some fans were left less-than-impressed.

Many fans flocked to Twitter to weigh in on the teaser immediately after it hit screens.

'That new promo was pure cringe...Nooo #BACHELORETTEAU,' one viewer Tweeted.

Another added: 'This clip gave me severe second hand embarrassment lollllll what a mess.'

'Hahahahaha....What was that #BacheloretteAU commercial. Is Ali hoping to score a recording contract after this,' laughed another.  

Some fans took issue with the choice of the song, given that Ali will be appearing on a fast-paced reality show.

'You Can't Hurry Love...Unless you're on #BacheloretteAU in which case it has to be done and dusted in 6ish weeks,' one fan Tweeted.  

The Bachelorette will screen after Nick Cummins season of The Bachelor.

Source

"second hand embarrassment" is an excellent way to describe it.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:22 pm

I think it's a cute video and Ali looks great. I've always preferred the bette show and I'll be watching Ali's season  yes  

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:34 pm

New pic on the official Bette AU IG of Ali with "coming soon". I think Ali looks lovely and much more like her old self in these pics. I may be in the minority but I am looking forward to her season!

Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen -  SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 48 40349820_467216767125264_7585166324749435870_n
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bnnx6PqjDFQ/?hl=en&taken-by=bacheloretteau

ETA: I just noticed something... 

- the pic above was posted 15 hours ago to the time I writing this and it already has 8867 likes 
- Bette AU's announcement pic for Ali has over 17,000 likes 
- in comparison, Bette AU's announcement pic for Sophie has 7477 likes 

This means Ali's announcement photo had 9500 more likes than Sophie's and Ali's recent photo above already has more likes than Sophie's did. That's a lot :yes:

All this to say, seems like Ali has far more fans already but they're just not the vocal ones posting the negativity on the SM (which imo are only a positive thing for TEN - rather people talking than not)

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:00 pm

How unfortunate! Cringeworthy Bachelorette trailer appears to feature a subtle reference to Ali Oetjen's 'cheating' scandal... so did you spot it?

Network Ten has released the very first trailer for the new season of The Bachelorette starring Ali Oetjen.

The cringeworthy promo, which was inspired by Marilyn Monroe's routine from the 1953 musical Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, showed Ali prancing down a staircase in a red gown while singing The Supremes' You Can't Hurry Love.

Later, host Osher Günsberg appeared at the top of the staircase and told Ali that he would help guide her on her journey to find 'Mr Right'.

However, eagle-eyed viewers would have noticed several elements in the trailer that seemingly referenced Ali's recent 'cheating scandal' with ex-boyfriend Grant Kemp.

Embarrassingly, a staircase was featured prominently in the set design. Fans of the franchise will, of course, remember that Grant previously alleged he caught another man 'going down on Ali' on the staircase of his Los Angeles home.

Meanwhile, the trailer featured another apparent gaffe when Ali playfully rejected a series of suited male dancers vying for her attention.

The men carried love heart signs emblazoned with titles such as 'Mr Wrong', 'Mr Sleaze' and 'Mr Ego'.

Given that Ali has been accused of cheating on Grant, the inclusion of a man holding a 'Mr Cheater' sign may not have been the best idea.  

Source

That staircase reference was hard to miss.  Seems like trolling their own Lead might be a thing for TPTB this season IMO.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:13 pm

I called it. I never had any doubt Ali filmed her season and didn't believe for a second she was replaced or filming had stopped. Never saw any proof for it either and as posted before the SM silence is nothing new, S2 had the same thing so it wasn't an outlier.

Seems to me a whole lot of hype gets people talking and as much as SM can hate, the fact is they're still talking about Ali's season which is always a win for TEN. Indifference is the enemy of these shows, people talking is $$$ for the show. jmo

Bobette wrote:She's back.  
Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen -  SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 48 FXZEnIN
Source
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:28 pm

I too knew Ali’s season hadn’t been canned but I was very hopeful. For me the promo is in poor taste. As the saying goes ‘people in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones’. As has been made note of Ali’s men carrying love heart signs write captions relating to her men in the past, IMO Ali should look at herself first before she goes on TV to yet again fall in love. But not forgetting this time she will find Mr Perfect, a man who only exists because Channel 10 has allegedly found him for her. I have said before and will say again, to me Ali comes across as boring and desperate and watching that combination doesn’t do anything for me.

I can’t make comparisons but as I write this there are 4,500 comments on FB regarding Ali’s promo. At a quick glance through an eighth of the comments, they are all negative. One even commented on the start of the promo Ali is sitting on the stairs and how stairs are familiar to her - just ask Grant’s mate!

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 48 of 79 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 63 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+27
limoncello
AEF
spangler
Agent99
Storybook
stuckinsc
Enough
Mommyof2
LoveDovez
Linds911
Idlemess