SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 49 of 79 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 64 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen -  SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 49 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:53 pm

The more comments, the more hype and more $$$ for TEN. And Ali's pics have more likes on Bette AU IG than Sophie did for her pre-show (see below). This shows me that people are responding to Ali in a bigger way than even Sophie's announcement - positive or negative whether by comments or likes - the response is working. jmo  

- the pic of Ali above was posted 15 hours ago and it already has 8867 likes 
- Bette AU's announcement pic for Ali has over 17,000 likes 
- in comparison, Bette AU's announcement pic for Sophie has 7477 likes 

This means Ali's announcement photo had 9500 more likes than Sophie's and Ali's recent photo above already has more likes than Sophie's did. That's a lot.

All this to say, seems like Ali has far more fans already but they're just not the vocal ones posting the negativity on the SM (which imo are only a positive thing for TEN - rather people talking than not)
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen -  SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 49 Empty Re: Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Bobette Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:25 pm

A like doesn't necessarily mean "I like this" though.  It can just as easily work as a bookmark - like "I'm going to like this so I can easily find it to laugh at all the negative comments with my friend when we get together at lunch".  

Ali is definitely NOT a popular choice, IMO!

Storybook wrote: I have said before and will say again, to me Ali comes across as boring and desperate and watching that combination doesn’t do anything for me.

...snipped

I can’t make comparisons but as I write this there are 4,500 comments on FB regarding Ali’s promo. At a quick glance through an eighth of the comments,  they are all negative.  

This seems to be the overwhelming opinion of most comments.  If viewers tune in, it will not be to support Ali IMO but to laugh at her and get meme fodder.  TPTB are totally working this IMO and setting her up to be ridiculed.  

A promo featuring a staircase and a man holding a "CHEATER" label? Come on, none of that was accidental - they're making her look like a fool, IMO. I would question where their duty of care is in regard to her mental health.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:44 pm

Likes are measured and used to gauge interest, for media, sponsorship etc because they show interest by the audience. Regardless of interpretation, Ali has more likes than Sophie did - not by a little but by more than double. IG has bookmarks for those who don't want to 'like' something. Negative comments are still investment and imo the more comments the more TEN sees this as a positive. 

Imo it's not about liking or disliking, it's about the fact that people are not indifferent and that's all that matters to a TV show.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:14 am

Yes, "any press is good press", but IMO Ali is despised by a large proportion of the public, and TPTB are throwing her under the bus already with that promo IMO.  I can only imagine how they'll edit her (we've already seen what the stylist did affraid).

IMO TPTB played on her desperation/low self esteem/neediness to get her to sign up in the first place.  Ali's friends and family really should have stepped in right back at the beginning and told her not to do it, IMO.  It's going to be a train wreck, IMO.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by HodanG Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:25 am

Honestly, I’m actually so sick of seeing the negative sm comments, I PERSONALLY LOVE Ali!! Surely I can’t be the only one? I know she has ALOT of supporters that truly wish her the best! Quite frankly it’s just those that despise her are obvs more vocalised w/ the sm commments! But yeah Team ali! I absolutely adore her and I know FOR A FACT! that she will be an AWESOME bachelorette!! I’ll let people talk bad on her now, but I guarantee their outlook will change. Mark my words. She is going to kill it. The budget spent on her this year is crazy. It will not go to waste. Producers know exactly what they’re doing. Haha.. Ali, I love you girl! You got this ❤️❤️
HodanG
HodanG

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:50 am

@HodanG you're not the only one. The fact that Ali has the most likes for her announcement pic and over 2x than Sophie did tells me there are a LOT of Ali fans out there Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen -  SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 49 4256136633 Methinks her supporters are showing they are happy with the decision with their likes rather than trying to combat the negativity in the comment sections which is a wot imo. 

Tbh these days the negative comments on sm are what seem to rise to the top anyway but all they show me is how invested viewers are and again - negative or positive, all TEN cares about is that people are responding and not indifferent. I also have a sneaky suspicion when all is said and done many of those sm comments will change. Now off to sleuth the men!  Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen -  SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 49 1710264613

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:02 am

Just throwing it out there that it is possible (and surprisingly cheap!) to buy likes.  I'm much more inclined to think that's what's happening, as opposed to thousands of people quietly supporting Ali but only one or two of them actually saying so - that just doesn't make sense to me.  I also think it's telling that she has LOST 3K followers in the days after filming ended (it went down to 97K) and now suddenly it's back to 100K.  IMO Ali is well experienced with buying social media likes and fake followers.

Anyway, yes, please find the men @AllAboutLove, that's the only thing I'm looking forward to this season!  Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen -  SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*  - Page 49 3806527698

Last edited by Bobette on Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:05 am

I’m interested in knowing how HodanG knows about the budget spent on Ali? Photos released haven’t shown anything elaborate in the way of dates and I’m curious to know details of the ‘crazy’ amount of money spent on Ali’s season. And I’m also curious how the producers know exactly what they’re doing? Unless the reference is to findiing the right men? From photos I’ve seen the men seem to be good eye candy.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:11 am

Yes please elaborate, @HodanG. I was checking the paparazzi sites for pics of her dates all through filming and found hardly anything that wasn't at the beach, in the back yard of the mansion, or driving around the block.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:24 am

Bobette wrote:Yes please elaborate, @HodanG.  I was checking the paparazzi sites for pics of her dates all through filming and found hardly anything that wasn't at the beach, in the back yard of the mansion, or driving around the block.

Well they sure didn't spend it on her hideous wardrobe!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:40 am

I concur Sprite.
I’ve posted before how I believe the budget was blown on the men and I’m sticking to my theory.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:40 am

I don't think any likes were bought by Bette AU's ig account. Just like I don't think Sportsbet was being anything but a troll and bs-ing when they posted odds on Ali as being replaced. It is much more plausible imo that viewers are just fine with Ali as bette just like it's now proven she was still filming her season rather than fake articles of Ali being replaced which wasn't close to the truth. 

I get not liking Ali but I don't see some scheme in place other than one by media and sportsbet so far. They've been writing the same stuff nonstop because that's what sells and gets viewers talking. And no outlet imo is going to write an article about how Ali has more likes than past Bettes for their announcements (and if they did after seeing it here they'd probably do so to say it's fake and drive their narrative again). The articles are about the negative comments which are part of their click-bait and have been for a while imo. 

This show has lots of followers and I think it makes a lot of sense that there are lots of viewers who follow and like the choice and will watch and not bother finding out gossip in tabloids or trying to combat negative comments. I think the more those comments are there the more viewers will 'like' rather than try deal with the negative comments or if their choice is seen as a controversial choice. I've seen it before with other leads and currently it reminds me of the recent choice of Colton for Bach US. Loads of backlash and negativity and yet tons more likes on posts by the Bach US ig account regarding him. Same thing here. 

I recall one producer saying how the worst response to a lead choice is indifference. So many articles and comments on the choice is always a win for TPTB. They know what they're doing imo and as long as people are talking they're happy. It's nothing but clickbait imo and it works.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 49 of 79 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 64 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Australia - Season 4 - Ali Oetjen - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+27
limoncello
AEF
spangler
Agent99
Storybook
stuckinsc
Enough
Mommyof2
LoveDovez
Linds911
Idlemess