SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4

Page 8 of 80 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 44 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4

Post by robinvi Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:03 pm

Bobette wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:
Sundy wrote:So Laura has just posted a new pic on TM IG of some earrings. And they look remarkably like the earrings she will wear tonight at the cocktail party. Can someone confirm please.
Yes. Like I posted before, it's like she is using her ToniMay account to promote her stuff she wears on the show the way that other business accounts promote their clothing, etc.  Basically like she is a "sponsor" of herself/the show.
Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4 - Page 8 7cc07a8982cc55c0f3a57fa2beb6838d
Ep 11 preview www.facebook.com/thebachelorau
Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4 - Page 8 8412704d93a6c457b72631525a2712a7
IG tonimay

Also earrings she will be wearing in the episode and she posted on her TM account
Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4 - Page 8 4482eb7d5628f0f96174abbd4191a43f
Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4 - Page 8 E41ac933b16b60a7978b54c7c025618c
IG tonimay and www.facebook.com/thebachelorau

I look forward to seeing the line of engagement rings she launches after the finale.  Hugesmile

I could get in to it. Imagine she actually marries the person and she becomes the Neil Lane. Good on her.
robinvi
robinvi

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4 - Page 8 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:07 pm

Good for her for promoting her stuff while the show airs. I somewhat feel bad for the others who don't have the same opportunity but it is what it is. Her stuff looks like things one can order wholesale on Alibaba. It all looks very cheap to me. Not something I'd look for for an engagement ring for sure. But that's just me no idea
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sundy Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:11 pm

She is so clever in this regard. Top stuff
Sundy
Sundy

Female Posts : 5893

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:16 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:Good for her for promoting her stuff while the show airs. I somewhat feel bad for the others who don't have the same opportunity but it is what it is. Her stuff looks like things one can order wholesale on Alibaba. It all looks very cheap to me. Not something I'd look for for an engagement ring for sure. But that's just me no idea

It reminds me of the stuff you can get at weekend markets - not really my thang but it certainly seems to be popular with the wider audience judging by the number of comments I've seen on SM from people saying they've either bought her stuff or are going to, after seeing it on the show.  I'm surprised she hasn't received any backlash for using real animal skin and cow hide in her bags but perhaps that's because they're not being shown.  It would be hard to casually work a cowskin tote into a scene...
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:17 pm

So it seems to be a theme: first episode her showing her designs, then throughout the airing of the show promoting her designs and along with the episodes. As well as having them linked on the tenplay site. To me it seems that she may have a deal with the show to promote her stuff. Perhaps a part of her contract to be on the show  question
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:25 pm

Bobette wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:Good for her for promoting her stuff while the show airs. I somewhat feel bad for the others who don't have the same opportunity but it is what it is. Her stuff looks like things one can order wholesale on Alibaba. It all looks very cheap to me. Not something I'd look for for an engagement ring for sure. But that's just me no idea

It reminds me of the stuff you can get at weekend markets - not really my thang but it certainly seems to be popular with the wider audience judging by the number of comments I've seen on SM from people saying they've either bought her stuff or are going to, after seeing it on the show.  I'm surprised she hasn't received any backlash for using real animal skin and cow hide in her bags but perhaps that's because they're not being shown.  It would be hard to casually work a cowskin tote into a scene...

Yeah. I think that style and things has and always will be popular so a very easy market especially when one has a SM presence and audience. I've seen almost exactly the same stuff she sells since I was a kid at markets and to this day still see the same stuff. It makes me wonder if she actually makes her own jewelry and bags and designs them as she says, or just assembles them or buys them as wholesale. Those bags and a lot of the rings and earrings (the tassle ones she's worn on the show) are easily bought and assembled wholesale and sold at flea markets. Usually to make it more personal, all that is added is a name brand engraving or tags, etc. I'd be interested to see if she actually makes these things herself (forging, cutting, placing, sewing, etc) or is just customizing wholesale items and selling them as personally made/designed. Her website makes me think it's the latter
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:28 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:So it seems to be a theme: first episode her showing her designs, then throughout the airing of the show promoting her designs and along with the episodes. As well as having them linked on the tenplay site. To me it seems that she may have a deal with the show to promote her stuff. Perhaps a part of her contract to be on the show  question

I think so too and I think Matty would be fine with it - in fact he would probably admire her entrepreneurial marketing approach.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:30 pm

@allaboutlove.......a poster here said they linked Laurina's clothing website on the TenPlay website during Blake's season for some of the clothes she wore. However I don't recollect Laurina doing any major promotions, do you?

Nothing wrong with what Laura is doing IMO. But if she is F1, she will even get massive exposure after the finale with a surge in IG followers IMO so not sure why she would be aggressive with promotion prior to the finale and not wait till the finale like past F1s....jmo.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:39 pm

Bobette wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:So it seems to be a theme: first episode her showing her designs, then throughout the airing of the show promoting her designs and along with the episodes. As well as having them linked on the tenplay site. To me it seems that she may have a deal with the show to promote her stuff. Perhaps a part of her contract to be on the show  question

I think so too and I think Matty would be fine with it - in fact he would probably admire her entrepreneurial marketing approach.
laugh out loud I think it is just taking advantage while one can. Kind of an obvious thing to do and push one's business while on TV. Don't need much marketing acumen to know to do that laugh out loud jmo 

Perhaps it was Matty saying... look, I've already met the girl I am going to pick and she has an online business and since Ten is going bankrupt and this may be the end of Bach world as we know it, can the girl I plan to pick promote her stuff? Plus, just in case it all falls apart at least she gets something out of it, even if not me forever  cheeky 

JM(snarky)opinion
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:41 pm

My snarky opinion agrees with your snarky opinion 100%, @AllAboutLove.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:41 pm

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:52 pm

mercieme wrote:@allaboutlove.......a poster here said they linked Laurina's clothing website on the TenPlay website during Blake's season for some of the clothes she wore. However I don't recollect Laurina doing any major promotions, do you?

Nothing wrong with what Laura is doing IMO. But if she is F1, she will even get massive exposure after the finale with a surge in IG followers IMO so not sure why she would be aggressive with promotion prior to the finale and not wait till the finale like past F1s....jmo.
I recall Laurina doing something similar but she wasn't F1.  But that season itself, the post-show result of the breakup made me think that the show tried to give the girls as much exposure as they could. I remember that season being very "pro each other" (more than pro the lead) for the women of that cast. There's also a reason 'dirty street pie' phrase went from being a villain-princess moment of Laurina being hated for that phrase to her being known as the Queen because she was the one who called Blake out on that season and ended up being correct post-show. So Laurina was 'redeemed' by the public because of that. 

I don't recall any past F1s doing self promotion. Usually like you said, even those who have their own business, will wait until the show ends. The F1 will have a massive following anyway by then and usually more than the other contestants will get more opportunities so Laura doing it while the show airs is very interesting for a possible F1. Will see what it all means post-show, F1 or not. jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 80 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 44 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4

+42
bondi_blonde
Mommyof2
Ash
Norcalgal
ideas_ideas
Hooked
spangler
Skeppy
Rikkim
Schnitty4lyf
carraiger