SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4

Page 26 of 80 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 53 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4 - Page 26 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4

Post by Storybook Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:20 am

I want to say I don't agree with this article. If you read FB comments the majority of people have no idea who is going to win. It seems the only people who know Laura is the winner are the media and unless they have seen the photos taken in Thailand how can they be so sure. Oh and of course how could I forget, Sportsbet also claims to know who the winner is.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4 - Page 26 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:32 am

So far this season I've read a ton of comments on SM and the majority of them are that Laura wins. Many comments "Laura wins" on IG, Twitter and FB. So I'd say that the majority expect Laura to win. I've yet to see comments about another contestant winning like I have with comments "Laura wins" and definitive statement like that.

That said, I'd love it if there's a foiler. Ever since March when she was filming her date I've posted I think Laura will win. It will be interesting to see what happens with SM over the next couple of days. From what I can gather, SM overall may expect Laura to win but they don't want her to win (most want Tara) and don't seem invested in her, perhaps why at this stage I can see SM comments beginning to doubt even more (even though I still see comments that are definitive as in "Laura wins" on all SM platforms more than for any other contestant)

The top comments to this post are interesting to me... lots not buying the connection between Laura and Matty

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:34 am

I don't read Instagram or Twitter. But I do read FB and overwhelmingly people have no idea who wins. They say Matty is the same with everyone. But when people do have an opinion most people say they want Tara to win. Others say Laura. Some now say Elise, but not many.

And reading the comments under these photos, the comments are mostly negative towards Laura winning.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:40 am

I think that's just recently and because of how obvious and lack of suspense it is, imo. When looking at the whole season overall, since the beginning, comments about Laura winning still are much more common than anything else imo. Usually at this stage, I expect comments to be "I don't know" since that's how most seasons go with SM trends. I still think the majority of SM on all platforms think Laura winning though. Even comments about "I don't know" aren't the same as top comments of "Elise wins" or "Tara wins". They may be "I want her to win, etc" but I still don't see comments overall that push specifically and definitively that someone other than Laura wins (excluding "he's the same with them all", etc).

I also think the negative comments towards Laura winning are a result of audience not wanting her to win and likely because they've been clued in (media certainly has been OTT with it) that she likely may win. So expecting someone to win but not wanting it. jmo
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:44 am

IMO that's a good sign people thinking Laura will win. Last year the majority of people thought Nikki was going to win and she didn't.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:50 am

Top 3 comments to the pic above of Laura and Matty's 2nd SD

and these Top comments to the post below it

If I went by Top Comments on FB I'd think the audience is not as invested in Matty's season and perhaps getting primed and ready for Sophie's instead -- maybe that's the intent of the show? scratch no idea
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Justme Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:01 am

iamreal2u wrote:
BlueJeans wrote:Okkkk.... so now the Bachie IG has tagged Matty in this one with Elise

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYb4O8zh5VL/

Wonder when his hand ended up on her leg....
Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4 - Page 26 H3T1zzU

See the way his legs are open?! This is a good sign imo :girlfan

Justme

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:12 am

IMO the intent of the show was to "finish off" Matty's story - to give the people what TPTB perceived they wanted (to see Matty with his dream girl).  IMO that's also why Laura has been so in-your-face; it's like they're going, RIGHT, here you go then - happy now?  I think they expected people to be right behind the relationship and be hoping Laura can "break down her walls" to let him in.  

The thing is I think they have mis-judged the audience and how they feel about Laura.  IMO most viewers don't want an obvious ending and especially not if the F1 is someone who (for whatever reason) people feel is being disingenuous. Combine this with IMO OTT scripting and fake villains and unbelievable storylines and I think the whole thing has backfired on them a bit.  

The overwhelming feeling I am getting from SM is that people are assuming Laura will win and the thought bores them.  Tara is by far the most popular girl IMO and many want her to win but I'm not sure quite so many expect her to.  Elise is still hardly on anyone's radar and I think when it comes down to those two in the end, people will feel it's "even more obvious" that Laura will win.

JMO.

Last edited by Bobette on Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:17 am

I question if the producers have helped cultivate this negative feeling towards Laura. They chose to show the 'pecking order' scene, which as far as I can gather, turned people off Laura in droves. It seems to me people just don't connect with her. And my question is why? Is it the producers doing?

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:19 am

Because this is SM/Media thread, framing this around SM/Media response....

I think specifically because of the type of lead Matty was presented as and how he framed himself to be "a slow-burn" and different from other contestants/leads, in that sense I think SM and media are bored because that's not the love story they're getting. So that's why I think SM audience is not as invested because something super obvious is not what they wanted - especially with "slow-burn" Matty as a lead.

ETA: @Storybook my reply is in F1-F4 thread since it's more about that than SM/media

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:24 am

Storybook wrote:I question if the producers have helped cultivate this negative feeling towards Laura. They chose to show the 'pecking order' scene, with as far as I can gather, turned people off Laura in droves. It seems to me people just don't connect with her. And my question is why? Is it the producers doing?

IMO, they expected her to be perceived as being so "flawless" that they thought they'd better give her a chink in her armour, hence things like the pecking order and the hardly-even-a-fight fight with Elise and her hangups about getting hurt.  Maybe it's because it's a US production company but they just don't seem to have a handle on what the Australian audience responds to, IMO.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by dolcimumma Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:00 pm

Just putting this here....

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/the-bachelor-matty-j-coached-by-producers-20170831-gy8ekd.html

dolcimumma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 80 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 53 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #4

+42
bondi_blonde
Mommyof2
Ash
Norcalgal
ideas_ideas
Hooked
spangler
Skeppy
Rikkim
Schnitty4lyf
carraiger