SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion #2

Page 41 of 91 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 66 ... 91  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* -  Discussion #2 - Page 41 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion #2

Post by ElonM Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:51 am

Chgohighlife wrote:
ElonM wrote:Peter and Dean were the closest in the house during filming and post. To insinuate that Peter became his 'best friend' to garner endorsement couldn't have been further from the truth. IMO

With all due respect, we're analyzing from different vantage points and I have solid rationale for my views as I'm sure you do, as well. This is the perfect depiction of what I saw: 

https://instagram.com/p/BWxGBZOAkLw/

And by the way, that image does not appear on Dean's I/G though it did awhile back.

It's just not adding up. Anyways, moving on.
ElonM
ElonM

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* -  Discussion #2 - Page 41 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion #2

Post by skkkk Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:44 am

GuardianAngel wrote:If I'm going to compare anything I'm going to say to me it looks like Peter was Pell'd. Played hard to get, liked SM tweets about being true to himself for not proposing, shaded TPTB on SM, liked posts that said how do we know he didn't turn it down, they agreed to his terms, they were going to announce it, sorry, you're Pell'd. Followed by MF's tweets about "releasing, cost cutting, network cancellations, shocking, not logical choice"

Far fetched, maybe, but I'll stick it here just in case. Smiley

I would agree except that Peter is WAY more popular than Luke. Fleiss may be full of it, but he knows the SM outrage will be huge if Peter is not TB. I am pretty sure they had no choice but to do everything they possibly could to get him. There just aren't any other viable options. Dean is a mess (hot mess), Eric (POC back-to-back? absolutely not), Chase and Robby (no longer relevant), Wells (lukewarm response). Peter can afford to play hard to get because TPTB don't have any other decent options. I don't count Nick because Nick 5.0 is ridiculous at this point.

Your stance is very out there though - love it! But I am willing to bet $ it's Peter. Can't wait for the snark!

skkkk

Back to top Go down

Post by skkkk Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:48 am

@GuardianAngel

Also, I doubt Fleiss and co. spent time monitoring Peter's likes and SM activity. Probably busy throwing $$ to encourage him to lie under the bus they are going to drive over him.

skkkk

Back to top Go down

Post by FashionLover Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:01 am

Eh. This people had a good opportunity with rachel's season to groom actual well accomplished, handsome men as their potential next leads (Anthony, Josiah, Jack stone, all the doctors sent home night one)  who people can believe women would vie for but because they're too busy trying to cater to close minded viewers they wasted them on abysmal story lines. This would have also potentially changed the pool of women from vapid instagram model wanna bees to more accomplished women. They saw dollar signs with peter/dean and ran with it. Because of this, I'm all here for peter sucking them dry with his demands and giving them a hard time during production. A bad edit does not spell the end of the world, especially not when in three months people move on to  the next lead. jmo
FashionLover
FashionLover

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiggerlgh Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:30 am

skkkk wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:If I'm going to compare anything I'm going to say to me it looks like Peter was Pell'd. Played hard to get, liked SM tweets about being true to himself for not proposing, shaded TPTB on SM, liked posts that said how do we know he didn't turn it down, they agreed to his terms, they were going to announce it, sorry, you're Pell'd. Followed by MF's tweets about "releasing, cost cutting, network cancellations, shocking, not logical choice"

I would agree except that Peter is WAY more popular than Luke.  Fleiss may be full of it, but he knows the SM outrage will be huge if Peter is not TB.  I am pretty sure they had no choice but to do everything they possibly could to get him.  There just aren't any other viable options.  Dean is a mess (hot mess), Eric (POC back-to-back?  absolutely not),  Chase and Robby (no longer relevant), Wells (lukewarm response).  Peter can afford to play hard to get because TPTB don't have any other decent options.  I don't count Nick because Nick 5.0 is ridiculous at this point.  

Your stance is very out there though - love it!  But I am willing to bet $ it's Peter.  Can't wait for the snark!

I think it's Peter. But MF does not care about SM outrage in fact he probably thrives on it. He has got it before and will get it again. He does not care. All imo.

Team Sluething :detective

Sorry for typos...my iPad likes to think it knows what I want to say.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:53 am

I'd be curious to know how big Dean and Peter were on SM before the season started. I don't think Peter used twitter much at all. I'm not that familiar w/instagram myself. I would imagine Dean attracts a much younger crowd that uses SM more frequently so that could be one reason his following is higher. He also had a very compelling story w/his family and I think increased his following when he was let go right after R told him she loved him.

Although I don't necessarily think this applies to Dean (I do think it applies to Peter) sometimes people follow not bc they like them but they either don't like them or are curious. I would also guess that when Dean's image took a hit on BIP many that followed him before didn't unfollow.

I wonder how much SM factors in for TPTB in making a decision about who is lead?
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by BachBetty Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:01 am

Hi all...long time reader, finally got an account. Someone may have mentioned this (all JMO) but I'm beginning to think all this misdirection is because Peter has signed on for DWTS and not TB role. "Patriots releasing Tom Brady (TB). Hope someone else signs him." I've thought Peter might have a gf for some time. Asked in an interview right after the finale whether he was very single or single, he said "we'll go with single." If you've seen that shirtless breakfast pic of him on IG, there's no way anyone but a love interest took that IMO.

My thought is that Peter was in LA to talk DWTS (he said in the TMZ video he wasn't there for TB). It makes sense...less judgment / pressure from BN, while still getting exposure.

Just my two cents. No one else I really care to see in place of him, however.
BachBetty
BachBetty

Female Posts : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:49 am

@BachBetty  :Welcome Great first post!! Interesting speculation!!

skkkk wrote:

I would agree except that Peter is WAY more popular than Luke.  Fleiss may be full of it, but he knows the SM outrage will be huge if Peter is not TB.  I am pretty sure they had no choice but to do everything they possibly could to get him.  There just aren't any other viable options.  Dean is a mess (hot mess), Eric (POC back-to-back?  absolutely not),  Chase and Robby (no longer relevant), Wells (lukewarm response).  Peter can afford to play hard to get because TPTB don't have any other decent options.  I don't count Nick because Nick 5.0 is ridiculous at this point.  

Your stance is very out there though - love it!  But I am willing to bet $ it's Peter.  Can't wait for the snark!

I'm assuming it's your opinion that Peter is WAY more popular than Luke. When it was speculated that Luke was going to be the bachelor, he was WAY more popular than any other contestant at the time. Luke had a very strong following as well and I wouldn't say either one are way more popular then the other. IMO MF doesn't care about popularity. Luke was extremely popular. If he doesn't like you, he'll get you one way or another. Just ask Brook Burke. Luke was told the day before he was to fly out, sorry we're going in another direction. CH blabbed to the media that he wasn't genuine in the reasons for being TB. Media CH or whoever, leaked he asked more questions about what will it do for his career. They made sure Luke fan's knew why they didn't choose Luke, and dissed him at the same time. Luke had his share of whining cry baby dissing back. He took every opportunity to take shots at them and anyone. I don't think MF likes Peter otherwise he wouldn't have dissed him on SM for all to see. IF Peter is not TB, I'm going to bet we will hear more of the same Luke dissing, towards Peter, just like we did for Luke to try and satisfy his fans.

Dean has been IMO promoted for TB for sometime now. I did comparison's in several MTA season's to compare where the potential bachelor was sitting. Dean is in that spot. I don't think Peter was an option in their minds considering what happened on Rachel's season. I don't think they ever wanted him as TB. JMO and I'm actually looking more forward to hearing what has been happening since filming ended with TPTB and Peter, then the whole announcement itself.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:21 pm

ElonM wrote:
Chgohighlife wrote:
ElonM wrote:Peter and Dean were the closest in the house during filming and post. To insinuate that Peter became his 'best friend' to garner endorsement couldn't have been further from the truth. IMO

With all due respect, we're analyzing from different vantage points and I have solid rationale for my views as I'm sure you do, as well. This is the perfect depiction of what I saw: 

https://instagram.com/p/BWxGBZOAkLw/

And by the way, that image does not appear on Dean's I/G though it did awhile back.

It's just not adding up. Anyways, moving on.

Yeah, I don't see how that Instagram indicates that Peter became his "best friend" to gain endorsements. The guys that I have heard interviewed post show, all said the Peter and Dean were close all through shooting of the show and how would Peter know then that Dean would end up so popular that he would be able to use him to boost his own, not inconsiderable numbers? From all I have heard it seems that the guys who roomed together formed the strongest friendships. Simple really.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:04 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:06 pm

@GuardianAngel I think you are onto something with Dean. And this thing with Peter feels exactly like the Luke deal.

I don't know why the little group was in South Lake Tahoe together (Ben H, Becca, Dean, Luke, Ashley I and Jared,) but Becca's msg on the photo was that they were all single and to ask for any of their phone numbers and she'll send them.

Many comments were asking why she was spoiling Paradise by telling that Dean is single. It made me think of tptb announcing Nick as bach before Paradise was over and spoiling their own ending of Nick/Jen. Dean has seemed like such a little twerp with his love triangle, but there is still time for them to redeem his edit if they are so inclined.

It seemed funny/haha that the Tahoe group was mostly of guys whose names have been thrown around as possible leads. Wonder who was behind that little get-together.

Back to top Go down

Post by Acrunch Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:24 pm

ICAM! It's been said by numerous cast members, the last of which was Josiah, that Peter and Dean are tight, they were roomies, Dean literally slept in bunk above Peter and that they are a true bromance. Even on the TMZ video, Peter plugs Dean and Alex has his choices for The Bachelor if the gig is still up for grabs. The narrative that everything Peter says or does is done with a selfish ulterior motive is IMO incredibly unfair. And yes, I'm well aware that we all have a right to our own spin, opinions and conclusions but by the same token this is mine.
Acrunch
Acrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 91 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 66 ... 91  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion #2

+106
Minney
docnash14
AEF
Miyala
Bet2Win