SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion #2

Page 22 of 91 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 56 ... 91  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* -  Discussion #2 - Page 22 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion #2

Post by bleuberry Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:02 am

Most of the leads seem to be in good places now. So whether or not the bus comes for him, or the edit sucks, or his relationship crashes and burns, he'll be fine in the long run IMO. I'm going in with low expectations and not a lot of investment for a certain outcome.

Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* -  Discussion #2 - Page 22 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* -  Discussion #2 - Page 22 Empty Re: Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion #2

Post by Aria Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:06 am

adf23 wrote:Eh, if Peter played as much hardball as they are making us believe,  I doubt his edit will be squeaky clean. However I truly don't think Peter will be knocked as far down as alot of people are hoping.  Bachelorettes seem more to walk away with alot more image tarnishment, for whatever reason.

He would have to give them a good deal of negative material to work with, which I don't feel he is likely to do.  IMO his season is more likely to go the boring route, vs the womanizing and/or scandalous route.

Yeah, I agree. This show usually loves its Bachelors, gives them fairly good edits, and gives them DWTS/reality shows afterwards. It's really the Bachelorettes that get destroyed. Ben told two women ILY and he still got told that he was on the Mt. Rushmore of Bachelors. Sean has been Bachelor royalty from day one. Nick got hounded at AFR, but other than that, got a fairly decent edit and his F1 was (IMO) fairly protected. Chris got a fairly good edit. It's really been Juan Pablo, Ben F, and Jason that have really been destroyed by TPTB in the past decade and two of those guys deserved it (IMO). I don't think Peter will be knocked down as far as people think, unless he really screws up, and I think he and his F1 will still be a supercouple this show will parade like it did with B/L and S/C. IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by skkkk Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:19 am

Aria wrote:
adf23 wrote:Eh, if Peter played as much hardball as they are making us believe,  I doubt his edit will be squeaky clean. However I truly don't think Peter will be knocked as far down as alot of people are hoping.  Bachelorettes seem more to walk away with alot more image tarnishment, for whatever reason.

He would have to give them a good deal of negative material to work with, which I don't feel he is likely to do.  IMO his season is more likely to go the boring route, vs the womanizing and/or scandalous route.

Yeah, I agree. This show usually loves its Bachelors, gives them fairly good edits, and gives them DWTS/reality shows afterwards. It's really the Bachelorettes that get destroyed. Ben told two women ILY and he still got told that he was on the Mt. Rushmore of Bachelors. Sean has been Bachelor royalty from day one. Nick got hounded at AFR, but other than that, got a fairly decent edit and his F1 was (IMO) fairly protected. Chris got a fairly good edit. It's really been Juan Pablo, Ben F, and Jason that have really been destroyed by TPTB in the past decade and two of those guys deserved it (IMO). I don't think Peter will be knocked down as far as people think, unless he really screws up, and I think he and his F1 will still be a supercouple this show will parade like it did with B/L and S/C. IMO.

You took the words right out of my mouth!

skkkk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:21 am

The franchise is what it is. It's not going to change for Peter anymore than it did for any another cast person. IMO
*we don't compare other specific cast to prevent veering off discussion*
There have been cast MF has liked and made minor modifications.
MF does not like Peter. (my opinion) Besides what MF does or does not like, Peter has been divisive vs that perfect image, IMO.
Peter, IMO, did not get a great edit the first time around. Getting a good edit does not equate fan base.
Peter may have developed a great fan base, IMO that is irrelevant to the edit MF&Co gave him. The two are not mutually dependent on each other. IMO receiving an edit of being unable to commit, being wishy washy compounded by an stilted acting delivery, monotone voice and cold demeanor does not make up for a pretty face or a few bits and pieces of spontaneity TPTB threw the audience. The shade MF threw out via sm was plain nasty toward him. IMO This is not a man going into the process singing "You Got a Friend".
For whatever reason Peter chose not to play ball the way MF&Co wanted the first time around. I saw evidence of this in his edit and with the social media games on both sides afterward.
MF has a long memory. He will extract his pound of flesh. His formula that has worked since 2002 is to take the strengths of the cast the first season and use those strengths against that person as they take the lead the next season.
MF does not care about the romance. Evidence of this is ratings since 2002 and the successful bachelor marriages that are subsequent of the show. MF wants a show. He wants a circus. A 3 ring circus.
JMO
And once again...please let's keep this on topic and not bring in specific other cast or couples to compare as it gets discussion off topic. Thank you.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by makeover Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:23 am

So, what happened to staying true to himself or something along those lines? laugh out loud Anyway, I hope it's true Petey took the gig. Even though I may not tune in every episode, I will tune in every week for the snark on the boards and also on SM. It would be lit. Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* -  Discussion #2 - Page 22 1f525 Y'all don't disappoint me and better bring it! cheeky

I am ready. 2pop

makeover

Back to top Go down

Post by Aria Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:50 am

Well, to be fair, we don't know yet if he's going to be true to himself or not. If he ends up pulling a Juan Pablo and not proposing, I would say that he stayed true to himself. IMO.

Aria

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:59 am

IF Peter is the bachelor, he's going on a show where an engagement is expected. He liked several SM posts praising him for being true to himself, and honest about the process by not proposing.

Whether he proposes or not, the fact remains this show expects an engagement. If he accepted the role because they made an offer he couldn't refuse, or they offered him peanuts, that's not being true to himself, since he himself said he couldn't say ILY after 2 dates, nor could he propose in a short period of time. Why does he think he can do it this time if he is TB?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71755

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by skkkk Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:03 am

GuardianAngel wrote:IF Peter is the bachelor, he's going on a show where an engagement is expected. He liked several SM posts praising him for being true to himself, and honest about the process by not proposing.

Whether he proposes or not, the fact remains this show expects an engagement. If he accepted the role because they made an offer he couldn't refuse, or they offered him peanuts, that's not being true to himself, since he himself said he couldn't say ILY after 2 dates, nor could he propose in a short period of time. Why does he think he can do it this time if he is TB?

True! I have to say, I NEED him to be the bachelor. The snark! Ohhhh, it will be fun giggling

skkkk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:14 am

@GuardianAngel
It should be interesting. Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* -  Discussion #2 - Page 22 4256136633
The format of the show was based on a social dating experiment. Put a lead in the environment of 25-30 viable(meaning living vs non-living humans of the opposite sex) in a speed dating, elimination process and watch what unfolds.
From past cast statements there will be approximately 5 cast that would be considered "normal" or good candidates.
Rejected pool candidates have stated they were turned away at the last minute dressed in their M&G attire because TPTB had enough "normal" cast.
Generally those "normal" cast are guided by their handlers and the lead's handler to make it past the first few episodes so a connection is made.
IDK if this will necessarily be the case if a lead's not liked. Maybe it's better tv to have a train wreck? Cat fights, drama, tears, idiosy.
Maybe it's better tv not to have those normal women left for the lead to choose from and to send them home early leaving the crazy. IDK.
If TPTB stack a deck against the lead with casting (and this is done IMO), then what kind of success is left for a match regardless of who the lead?
No matter who the lead is, IMO, there is so much outside of their control once they've signed that contract and the whirlwind begins of living the life of reality tv vs living the life of wtf is actually going on behind the curtain.
TPTB makes it their job to keep the cast off kilter. That makes good tv. No one is their friend, IMO and those that aren't their friends... duh

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Chgohighlife Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:16 am

skkkk wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:IF Peter is the bachelor, he's going on a show where an engagement is expected. He liked several SM posts praising him for being true to himself, and honest about the process by not proposing.

True! I have to say, I NEED him to be the bachelor.  The snark!  Ohhhh, it will be fun giggling
Tears and twists and therapists...Oh My!  Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* -  Discussion #2 - Page 22 1176891977

Chgohighlife

Female Posts : 2200

Back to top Go down

Post by Nibbles22 Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:24 am

If Peter is TB, won't they need to delay taping, so that Peter can go thru extensive training on how to show compassion, sensitivity, how to be emotionally available,  how to really fake emotions of love, so they appear believable, and how about teaching him how to be humble and kind.   Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* -  Discussion #2 - Page 22 2292733854
Nibbles22
Nibbles22

Female Posts : 1359

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:49 am

is Ben Z completely out of the running for bachelor... I like him.. I don't know why they're doing him dirty with this edit on BIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 91 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 56 ... 91  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 22 - Speculation - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Discussion #2

+106
Minney
docnash14
AEF
Miyala
Bet2Win