SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Page 34 of 80 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 57 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 34 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Post by brownravens Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:05 am

@LeapofFaith No worries! I'm just wondering out loud laugh out loud question
brownravens
brownravens

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3 - Page 34 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

Post by solaroo Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:42 am

Norcalgal wrote:@AllAboutLove I think Laura has self-deprecating humor that doesn't 'read' well. Doesn't offend me.

Totally agree. Reading something that has been spoken out loud often doesn't translate well if it's subtle humour. When we read that response of hers, what we don't hear is her tone of voice which would render that sentence completely different IMO. Honestly, I think what she says is just a lighthearted response and a bit of a joke. And I get the sense she doesn't take all that stuff too seriously and is gently mocking the question.
solaroo
solaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by ssin0547 Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:51 am

IMO that Cosmo interview was suss as. It didn't even really make sense. And I agree. What a weird bloody thing to put on your profile. What 30 year old brags about their ability to reverse park.

ssin0547

Back to top Go down

Post by brownravens Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:16 am

@ssin0547 Suss like she wanted everyone to know she won but was acting coy about it? Or suss like weird back track?
brownravens
brownravens

Back to top Go down

Post by solaroo Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:18 am

I just think that's her sense of humour, which I actually find funny.  I think she knows full well that saying you're the Queen of Reverse Parking is a totally random thing to say, and that no-one would normally brag about such a low-level thing, but that's precisely why it's funny.

ETA:  I think it's worth reading everything she says keeping in mind she revels in a self-deprecating and mocking style.
solaroo
solaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:26 am

solaroo wrote:
Norcalgal wrote:@AllAboutLove I think Laura has self-deprecating humor that doesn't 'read' well. Doesn't offend me.
Totally agree.  Reading something that has been spoken out loud often doesn't translate well if it's subtle humour.  When we read that response of hers, what we don't hear is her tone of voice which would render that sentence completely different IMO.  Honestly, I think what she says is just a lighthearted response and a bit of a joke.  And I get the sense she doesn't take all that stuff too seriously and is gently mocking the question.
I am not sure that Laura saying that "she" (with Flo) is Matty's favourite is self-deprecating humor. I can see it as a joke in some way but have a hard time seeing it as self-deprecating (literally the definition would be her not pointing towards herself imo) for Laura to point towards herself as his favorite.

If she is gently mocking the question then I guess she is gently mocking Matty by liking post about "bye matty" and him being not worth dyeing one's roots for.

For a F1, I find it strange. Never seen it before in any F1, and lots of contestants I know who are self-deprecating and have very witty, wry, pun humor (like Matilda/F1 for NZ) didn't say or like things like that.

I guess Laura if Laura is mocking the question or Matty, it makes me wonder why she would do that if she is in love with him or F1? Still odd to me for a F1 scratch
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by solaroo Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:32 am

Could be digging myself into a hole here... Laura saying that her and Flo are Matty's favourites may/may not be self-deprecating but it could well just be reverse psychology. Given how well-known it is that she's favoured to win, the strong expectation would be for her to gently deflect and point to someone else, but in that case we'd be onto her straight away saying she's just deflecting because of course she won't nominate herself in that way, who would do that right? What's completely thrown us is that she did in fact put herself out there - in a manner which I strongly feel was said in jest and fun - and it's almost the perfect strategy because now everyone's confused and none-the-wiser! IMO, almost everything she says is a bit tongue-in-cheek (aside from some of her serious ITM) and perhaps that's just her coping mechanism through a very unusual process, whether she wins or not. She recognises quite clearly, I think, what this show is and how it operates in all it's often cheesy moments, and has decided to have fun with it from the get go. Just my thoughts.
solaroo
solaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by ssin0547 Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:44 am

To me, Georgia was self deprecating but at the same time was able to answer questions and take things seriously when need be. Laura is way too OTT for me. It comes across as disingenuous. JMO.

ssin0547

Back to top Go down

Post by Just Looking Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:32 am

solaroo wrote:I just think that's her sense of humour, which I actually find funny.  I think she knows full well that saying you're the Queen of Reverse Parking is a totally random thing to say, and that no-one would normally brag about such a low-level thing, but that's precisely why it's funny.

ETA:  I think it's worth reading everything she says keeping in mind she revels in a self-deprecating and mocking style.

Yes IA Solaroo. Laura has a very dry sense of humour and I find her quite amusing with witty banter. Every time I've seen her, she's made me smile or laugh which does it for me. I think that she and Matty have wonderful chemistry and banter. Anyway, we'll see as it seems like there's still a lot of interesting stuff to come.

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:39 am

JMO, but I doubt those interviews were 1 on 1.... I could picture Flo being next to Laura during the interview and Laura giving her an elbow and saying "Flo and me".... jmo

btw I saw another betting site that has Elise at $4....cant recall which one it was though :-(
Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by solaroo Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:50 am

I agree @Billysmom , I could easily imagine that scenario as well. In the end though we're trying to judge Laura's response without the benefit of understanding the context and the tone in which the questions are being asked, let alone the tone with which she is replying in.

Pretty sure the other betting site is Ladbrokes. Last time I checked they had Laura at $1.25 and Elise at $4.00.
solaroo
solaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Billysmom Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:31 am

I think that was the site, thanks.

I do wonder why I'm so determined to defend Laura.... I think I just really see her struggling with the process and so scared of being hurt that yes, at times, she is overcompensating and holding back on how much she wants it to work. Her "pick me, pick me" PI was quite revealing, I thought.

Billysmom
Billysmom

Female Posts : 1817

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 80 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 57 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - Matty Johnson - Media Social Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* #3

+37
AprilApril
Pongo
carraiger
Rikkim
BasicallytheFBI
iamreal2u
Miyala
BlueJeans
Schnitty4lyf
makeover
zaraz