SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5

Page 68 of 80 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 74 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LADaily - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 68 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5

Post by umngirl Mon May 22, 2017 2:50 pm

Carine wrote:Another interview with Rachel,
http://www.espn.com/espnw/culture/article/19435659/qa-rachel-lindsay-first-african-american-bachelorette

This part was interesting, as there were a few discussions about her maybe doing something sports related.
espnW: How did you go from such an intense sports focus in your career to the job that you do now?

RL: Honestly, it's very hard to find a job in sports. At the level that I had gone, getting a law degree, everyone assumed that I wanted to be an agent, and I did not want to be a sports agent. The number of jobs, especially in management, are so few and far between and the firms that have sports law were hard to get into, so I figured I would perfect my craft and learn the law in other areas as well as I could. That led me to being a trial attorney and doing litigation.

I love ESPNW so this gets a big ol' PINKHEART from me.

LADaily - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 68 87b72b10 LADaily - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 68 86669110 LADaily - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 68 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

LADaily - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 68 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5

Post by Sprite Mon May 22, 2017 2:53 pm

@coolangel Well said. I have said this in the past:

Death by a thousand little cuts

Each one in itself seems insignificant, easy to write off and excuse, but add them together and it's not so insignificant. Like I wrote earlier, I will be curious to see how she will react when the love train slows down and the edit is not as kind.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 2:54 pm

I just adore my dear Rachel!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 2:55 pm

@sprite but don't we all have little cuts? I'm just confused as to why hers equates to an arrogant person.

Back to top Go down

Post by ReneeM Mon May 22, 2017 2:55 pm

IF the love train slows down and IF the edit isn't kind. According to Elan (and pretty much everyone that's met her), she's just as wonderful as I think she is.

ReneeM

Back to top Go down

Post by BachelorBabe512 Mon May 22, 2017 2:56 pm

@Sprite I'm curious as to why you believe she won't receive a decent edit? Has someone sleuthed TPTB and found out they are displeased?

BachelorBabe512

Female Posts : 272

Back to top Go down

Post by jjjami Mon May 22, 2017 2:56 pm

Lara wrote:The Andi comparisons are always confusing to me, IMO, because when you think back to what Raven said - about how Rachel was such a pleasant surprise because they were so used to women competing with each other whereas Rachel saw the beauty in each of them and saw things in each of them that other people hadn't - it's like she couldn't be more different. Andi thought she was better than everyone else, IMO, whereas, I don't feel that Rachel thinks of herself as being superior. She just truly sees the value in everyone, including herself! She knows that she's a catch and I think that's pretty amazing, considering what society and media tells black women about their worth.

I like that she doesn't mince her words and that she doesn't worry so much about what people think. That's what I used to like about Nick - he often came off rude, IMO but I appreciated he wasn't being a politician who was trying to please everyone and was actually telling us how he felt. Rachel's allowed to think she got an upgrade and she's allowed to be happy nick didn't pick her, just like nick was allowed to be happy Andi and Kaitlyn didn't pick him. IMO.

my thoughts exactly! thank you for this!  :claphands

Nothing arrogant about rachel imo. She's a confident woman that knows her worth. Nothing wrong with that. The honest truth is Rachel is black and also a woman it is essential to have those traits of feeling secure and confident in who you are as a person especially when all media/society does it tear us down. I admire her for knowing her worth and not having to sugarcoat things, so the way she comes off in these interviews for me is nice and refreshing to see, imo.

Last edited by jjjami on Mon May 22, 2017 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

#TeamBigRach
#TeamPeter

jjjami

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 3:00 pm

Dessler wrote: LADaily - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 68 3806527698  LADaily - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 68 3806527698

Damn she is just beautiful. Wow love the color of the dress.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon May 22, 2017 3:00 pm

Lara wrote:The Andi comparisons are always confusing to me, IMO, because when you think back to what Raven said - about how Rachel was such a pleasant surprise because they were so used to women competing with each other whereas Rachel saw the beauty in each of them and saw things in each of them that other people hadn't - it's like she couldn't be more different. Andi thought she was better than everyone else, IMO, whereas, I don't feel that Rachel thinks of herself as being superior. She just truly sees the value in everyone, including herself! She knows that she's a catch and I think that's pretty amazing, considering what society and media tells black women about their worth.

I like that she doesn't mince her words and that she doesn't worry so much about what people think. That's what I used to like about Nick - he often came off rude, IMO but I appreciated he wasn't being a politician who was trying to please everyone and was actually telling us how he felt. Rachel's allowed to think she got an upgrade and she's allowed to be happy nick didn't pick her, just like nick was allowed to be happy Andi and Kaitlyn didn't pick him. IMO.

The Andi comparison is not so much about people she likes/is friends with/benefit her, it's about how she treated people who she thought she had no use for. Andi could be perfectly charming when she wanted to and not so nice when you crossed her. Andi also was a "straight shooter". As much as that is a fairly good thing, these days I often find it an excuse to be rude. You can be honest and polite. I find this particularly the case for Rachel since she is a very articulate person whose job is to be eloquent. She handles interviews extremely well, which is why I find it jarring when I hear these little snipes coming from her. IMO she knows exactly what she is saying and I find it baffling as to why she continues when she is in such a good place.

Last edited by Sprite on Mon May 22, 2017 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon May 22, 2017 3:01 pm

@BachelorBabe512
This is what they(TPTB) do. See the bus---now you don't.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by BachelorBabe512 Mon May 22, 2017 3:03 pm

Oh ok, I didn't realize she was speaking generally.

BachelorBabe512

Female Posts : 272

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon May 22, 2017 3:07 pm

@BachelorBabe512
Yes. this is what they basically do each season for all leads in general some more so than others. hmmm

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 68 of 80 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 74 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5

+57
kimberlyg
sweeti810
gurlbrit
Mia_Leoni
SueSt
maya213
Bullwinkle
Rosepetal
Hotmomma
AllAboutLove
nutty1