SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5

Page 69 of 80 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 74 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LADaily - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 69 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 2:07 pm

Sprite wrote:
Lara wrote:The Andi comparisons are always confusing to me, IMO, because when you think back to what Raven said - about how Rachel was such a pleasant surprise because they were so used to women competing with each other whereas Rachel saw the beauty in each of them and saw things in each of them that other people hadn't - it's like she couldn't be more different. Andi thought she was better than everyone else, IMO, whereas, I don't feel that Rachel thinks of herself as being superior. She just truly sees the value in everyone, including herself! She knows that she's a catch and I think that's pretty amazing, considering what society and media tells black women about their worth.

I like that she doesn't mince her words and that she doesn't worry so much about what people think. That's what I used to like about Nick - he often came off rude, IMO but I appreciated he wasn't being a politician who was trying to please everyone and was actually telling us how he felt. Rachel's allowed to think she got an upgrade and she's allowed to be happy nick didn't pick her, just like nick was allowed to be happy Andi and Kaitlyn didn't pick him. IMO.

The Andi comparison is not so much about people she likes/is friends with/benefit her, it's about how she treated people who she thought she had no use for. Andi could be perfectly charming when she wanted to and not so nice when you crossed her. Andi also was a "straight shooter". As much as that is a fairly good thing, these days I often find it an excuse to be rude. You can be honest and polite. I find this particularly the case for Rachel since she is a very articulate person whose job is to be eloquent. She handles interview very well, which is why I find it jarring when I hear these little snipes coming from her. IMO she knows exactly what she is saying and I find it baffling as to why she continues when she is in such a good place.

That's interesting. Now, given that she is the Bachelorette, she certainly does not need to be gracious or nice to the lesser known women on her season. Yet, by all accounts, she has been nothing but gracious to the likes of Danielle L, Taylor, Danielle M, Dominique, Jaimi, Josephine, Corinne--all women who are not necessarily part of the "squad". It's telling to me that they have done nothing but support in apparent and not so apparent ways, from tweeting out photos and promos with her, to favouriting tweets about Rachel. Not to mention that she has been actually super gracious and grateful towards Nick in her interviews, save for this not-so-gracious, lighthearted bantering prompted by Kelly. All JMO.

Back to top Go down

LADaily - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 69 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5

Post by Sprite Mon May 22, 2017 2:07 pm

ReneeM wrote:IF the love train slows down and IF the edit isn't kind. According to Elan (and pretty much everyone that's met her), she's just as wonderful as I think she is.

All the leads were wonderful...to start. The edit always does a number on them and shows the weaknesses they have....frequently things that were thought of as strengths in the previous season. The Bette's have it the worst. Also the fact that they are allowing her to gush about being engaged and happy straight off the shoot, makes me wonder what fun stuff they have in store for her editing wise. MF is not that generous.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 2:08 pm

Oh please the host made a quip and she just laughingly answered, and said on to better things. I say it in real life no one take offense it was just a joke. Lord forgive me for my mistakes and help me to understand others.

Back to top Go down

Post by Siah Mon May 22, 2017 2:08 pm

Seems like normal daytime banter to me JMO
Siah
Siah

Female Posts : 155

Back to top Go down

Post by Carine Mon May 22, 2017 2:10 pm

Yeah I think its also a case of different types of humour imo, some people will like it some won't. I mean Kelly and even Ellen went straight with the snark and to the silly banter with Rachel, and imo didn't think they were trying to be mean about it but more funny/talk show host and going back and forth, just different strokes imo

Carine

Back to top Go down

Post by quietpal Mon May 22, 2017 2:12 pm

sdmom wrote:But those mature thoughtful girls are not her squad. Anyway, I hope Nick is not mentioned multiple times in her season because I don't want to make who's better who's an upgrade comparison.  Everyone is unique. I don't know if her spoiled f1 Peter is better than Nick but I like to think he's a better choice, a better fit for Rachel.
All Jmo.
:yes: You've been echoing what I've been thinking.

quietpal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon May 22, 2017 2:15 pm

A1day1 wrote:@sprite but don't we all have little cuts? I'm just confused as to why hers equates to an arrogant person.

I'm talking about people cutting other people, specifically Rachel and her posse sniping at Nick. In that regard, it makes me question why. IMO it is not a good look and I have said the same thing about other seemingly happy contestants in the past...see Andi and Kaitlyn. She may not be arrogant all the time, but to me she is showing signs and it gives me pause. Sometimes these people believe their own hype....until it bites them in the a**. The jury is still out with Rachel, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if I see her all defensive later in the season as many others before her have been.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 2:16 pm

Sprite wrote:
Lara wrote:The Andi comparisons are always confusing to me, IMO, because when you think back to what Raven said - about how Rachel was such a pleasant surprise because they were so used to women competing with each other whereas Rachel saw the beauty in each of them and saw things in each of them that other people hadn't - it's like she couldn't be more different. Andi thought she was better than everyone else, IMO, whereas, I don't feel that Rachel thinks of herself as being superior. She just truly sees the value in everyone, including herself! She knows that she's a catch and I think that's pretty amazing, considering what society and media tells black women about their worth.

I like that she doesn't mince her words and that she doesn't worry so much about what people think. That's what I used to like about Nick - he often came off rude, IMO but I appreciated he wasn't being a politician who was trying to please everyone and was actually telling us how he felt. Rachel's allowed to think she got an upgrade and she's allowed to be happy nick didn't pick her, just like nick was allowed to be happy Andi and Kaitlyn didn't pick him. IMO.

The Andi comparison is not so much about people she likes/is friends with/benefit her, it's about how she treated people who she thought she had no use for. Andi could be perfectly charming when she wanted to and not so nice when you crossed her. Andi also was a "straight shooter". As much as that is a fairly good thing, these days I often find it an excuse to be rude. You can be honest and polite. I find this particularly the case for Rachel since she is a very articulate person whose job is to be eloquent. She handles interview very well, which is why I find it jarring when I hear these little snipes coming from her. IMO she knows exactly what she is saying and I find it baffling as to why she continues when she is in such a good place.

Exactly...which is why Rachel is so different, IMO! She's been kind to everyone, including the less popular girls in the house, Vanessa's two best friends, and random crew members and extras on the group dates (who have posted in the Rose Buddies FB group and on IG about how incredibly kind and sweet she was). She has no use for those people, yet that doesn't change how she treats them. No one is saying Rachel is perfect, but I just haven't seen any firsthand accounts of people saying that Rachel treated them badly in any way. Whereas I've heard quite a few of them regarding Andi (and a certain ex-Bachelor, but that's neither here nor there). IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 2:22 pm

@sprite okay, gotcha! I'm neutral to this situation, since I personally don't know any of these girls, but almost all of them have had questionable comments/actions that have been filmed or alleged against them. I just think that the people that DO know her have speaken so highly about her, even Danielle M and Taylor mocha, who are vanessa's "squad". I guess I'm just confused as where people get this arrogant vibe from, but I guess some people are more sensitive to certain banter than others.

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Mon May 22, 2017 2:31 pm

I don't know if anyone else loves numbers and stats as much as me, but this is great.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-bachelorette/

LADaily - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 69 87b72b10 LADaily - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 69 86669110 LADaily - Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5 - Page 69 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon May 22, 2017 2:31 pm

deadhorse Potato/potatoe.

We all see things differently. Those people were all useful in their own way. Her squad is pimping for BIP and shilling away. They got to be on the show again as a result of their friendship and were already looking for sloppy seconds come BIP.

I am not saying Rachel is an awful person. I can understand why people are attracted to her and why she has so many fans. That said, I'm not a fanning type person and since this is a sleuthing site, these are some things that I have noticed about her that make me question her. This is what sleuthing is about. We are right, much more often than we are wrong...even with little nuggets of info.

Not everyone is going to agree and if people are bothered by criticism of Rachel, that is what the fan threads are for.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 69 of 80 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 74 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - SM Media - *Sleuthing Spoilers* Discussion - #5

+57
kimberlyg
sweeti810
gurlbrit
Mia_Leoni
SueSt
maya213
Bullwinkle
Rosepetal
Hotmomma
AllAboutLove
nutty1