SELECT CONTENT

Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - **Sleuthing Spoilers**

Page 14 of 79 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 46 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - **Sleuthing Spoilers** - Page 14 Empty Re: Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - **Sleuthing Spoilers**

Post by vengeener Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:01 pm

Kashathediva wrote:MF is not going to change the formula because Rachel is the first black lead. You don't break something not broken. If it works, it works.
JMOAA If anything it's mirroring a past season.
Maybe, maybe not. Change doesn't always mean something's broken and I've seen many times in TV shows that have ratings of 10+ million views per episode is changed because of behind the scenes antics. Then there's the fact doing the same old thing... well get's old.

Last edited by vengeener on Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

vengeener

Back to top Go down

Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - **Sleuthing Spoilers** - Page 14 Empty Re: Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - **Sleuthing Spoilers**

Post by coolangel Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:02 pm

vengeener wrote:
I know it's not fair to think that Rachel would get "special" treatment but it's obvious this show is trying to appeal to a much wider audience. An audience that will never tune in to see 'game as usual'. An audience that will never accept a "fix is in" vibe and is uniquely attuned to smelling a rat for ratings a mile away. I'm just saying it might be necessary to throw out the old play book when the show is clearly saying this is not going to be 'game as usual'.

This is JMO but I am pretty sure more than 50% of the bachelor audience over the last couple of years knows how scripted things are and still tunes in - even more so since UnReal. Ofcourse TPTB will want a wider audience IMO but I am pretty sure they'll be happy even if they can get their regulars to tune in and equal last season's ratings IMO.

As for the things they have done differently for Rachel's season so far, I am honestly not sure how many of them are really positive for Rachel and not just another 'attract audience' ploy. I'll believe that they truly changed things for Rachel if we get to see a love story between her/F1 and not a season filled with pointless drama as usual. So far, considering we are going to see Corinne/Raven/Alexis for the second time in 2 weeks on Rachel's season, I'll hold on that thought for the time being that the show has Rachel's love-story and her interests on their mind.

All JMO.
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:04 pm

MF doesn't care if theres a happy couple at the end or not.  He didn't intend it to be a dating show for the purposes of finding your one true love.  (See Kasha's post above). IMO, he only really cares if the relationships last until the next season and lead become the focus.  Further than that, I personally don't think he cares since they're no longer useful to him.

Out of the 25-30 picked every season for the lead, there are general 3-5 that could actually be true, potential matches for the lead.  Not all will, as some look good on paper, but no chemistry, etc.  The rest are brought in to fulfill roles.  So many norms, so many drama queens/kings, the drunks, the frat boys, the villain, etc.

TPTB will not tell the person that you can't have so and so.  But they'll sure as heck put up hurdles and make threats.  Its been done in the past and sleuthers have share insider info or the past leads have eventually let something slip.  If ones does not do what TPTB want, life will become miserable and they'll run the bus over the lead and/or F1.  

Info being shared is from seasons sleuthers that have insider info and done plenty of digging over the years is valuable and true and always welcomed!  We learn new things all the time.  Plus, a simple google search familiarize yourself past leads might be helpful if one wants to truly learn how the show works, IMO.  

JMO
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by vengeener Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:07 pm

@Kashathediva - of my pet peeves is posts that rival novels and I fear this is one.  

Novels? I have no idea what this means. If my post offended you, please understand that was not my intention.

vengeener

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:13 pm

@vengeener
What? That comment has to do with my own post. Mine. It has nothing to do with yours.
Kashathediva wrote:MF is not going to change the formula because Rachel is the first black lead. You don't break something not broken. If it works, it works.
JMOAA If anything it's mirroring a past season.
Maybe, maybe not. Change doesn't always mean something's broken and I've seen many times in TV shows that have ratings of 10+ million views per episode is changed because of behind the scenes antics. Leads have lost their jobs because someone else wants it. Shows have been destroyed because of this. Then there's the fact doing the same old thing... well get's old.
Again, TPTB are not going to go messing with a good thing. As it is from their POV having a minority is "historic". (major eye roll). With an attitude like that, that is enough change for them.
The bachelorette does not have 10+million viewers. It generally has a lesser viewership than TB. They have a formula that works, a tweak here a tweak there is expected. Major reformatting would be "historic". giggling TPTB don't care if the show gets old as long as the ratings are good. The show has been old for a l-o-n-g time. JMOAA

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by vengeener Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:28 pm

Very interesting point.

Last edited by vengeener on Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

vengeener

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:34 pm

Why anyone watches the show is a personal preference. But the show is what it is according to it's own writer/creator and has been operating this way for many years and seasons.
BTW--the prototype for the show was Who Wants to Marry a Multi-Millionaire. The show was a farce. SO this is the hop, skip and jump from that.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by coolangel Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:50 pm

vengeener wrote:
Ladybug82 wrote:MF doesn't care if there's a happy couple at the end or not.  He didn't intend it to be a dating show for the purposes of finding your one true love.  (See Kasha's post above). IMO, he only really cares if the relationships last until the next season and lead become the focus.  Further than that, I personally don't think he cares since they're no longer useful to him.

**EDIT**

But why would anyone watch a show where people are meeting new people for a permanent relationship off screen and no one ever gets married? If it feels better to say it's not a dating show I understand but obviously the one liner for this show is "couples dating with the goal being marriage."

In MF's own words from his 2002 interview (I find it to be true even today with this franchise):

Fleiss, however, maintains that too much shouldn't be drawn from the show, which he says "is about entertainment. It's a weird, freakish social experiment. It's not meant to be anything more than something to watch on television. We just wanted to see if we could get a love affair to unfold in front of the cameras. Wherever that goes, that's fine with us."
Source
coolangel
coolangel

Back to top Go down

Post by vengeener Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:51 pm

They have a formula that works, a tweak here a tweak there is expected. Major reformatting would be "historic". giggling TPTB don't care if the show gets old as long as the ratings are good. The show has been old for a l-o-n-g time. JMOAA

Let's hope the producers know what they are doing.

Last edited by vengeener on Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:28 pm; edited 2 times in total

vengeener

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke702 Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:01 pm

Not really sure what this thread is about in the previous few pages...but I liked Peter from the Ellen date.

Duke702

Back to top Go down

Post by vengeener Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:09 pm

As for the things they have done differently for Rachel's season so far, I am honestly not sure how many of them are really positive for Rachel and not just another 'attract audience' ploy. I'll believe that they truly changed things for Rachel if we get to see a love story between her/F1 and not a season filled with pointless drama as usual. So far, considering we are going to see Corinne/Raven/Alexis for the second time in 2 weeks on Rachel's season, I'll hold on that thought for the time being that the show has Rachel's love-story and her interests on their mind.
I don't think there's a need for a major overhaul I'm sure.

Last edited by vengeener on Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:30 pm; edited 4 times in total

vengeener

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke702 Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:13 pm

Oh also he's a Wilhelmina model just like Nick, acc to his facebook page.

Duke702

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 79 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 46 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Peter Kraus - Bachelorette 13 - **Sleuthing Spoilers**

+64
LEMONADE
Linds911
pavalygurl
Alanna
kimberlyg