SELECT CONTENT

Laura Byrne - Ep3 SD Girl - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Page 12 of 37 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 24 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Laura Byrne - Ep3 SD Girl - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 12 Empty Re: Laura Byrne - Ep3 SD Girl - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Hearts_And_Roses Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:51 am

Bobette wrote:Yeah, they do.  So much for all those rumours early on about them being a bunch of duds!  I've been pleasantly surprised by more than one contestant so far.  I'm sure F2 will have loads of fans but if Laura is F1 her likability will help to counter any potential backlash IMO.

Yes, it's not like Alex and Nikki last year, where Alex was made to look like a complete Stage 5 Clinger. This year I think most people will like both.

Aren't the rumours brilliant!

'Matty doesn't like any of them'... there's actually a good handful he's into already

'Matty has told producers to bring in the intruders'... there are no intruders

cantstopl
Hearts_And_Roses
Hearts_And_Roses

Back to top Go down

Laura Byrne - Ep3 SD Girl - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers* - Page 12 Empty Re: Laura Byrne - Ep3 SD Girl - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

Post by Just Looking Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:10 am

Many potential f1's IMO

Just Looking

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:37 am

If that's the F4, I think it's as best as Des' (US b'ette 5 or 6 seasons back) F4. Des F4 are all very likable, were there for the right reason and have 4 totally different types of good personality, imo. I'm looking forward to such a F4 combination again!!

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:07 pm

I am not really feeling Laura's comment on her last IG pic. She seems a bit full of herself commenting back to someone who stated she has all the great attributes unlike (implying other contestants) and the other girls aren't going to get places like Laura and Laura saying what a gorgeous thing to say. Um, no, it's not a gorgeous thing to think you're better than others, imo.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sundy Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:13 pm

I was just rewatching Laura's red carpet arrival and geez Mattys reaction was exactly the same as Sams with Sasha. He mentioned that he got lost for words. I don't know who F1 is yet but that was one strong first impression
Sundy
Sundy

Female Posts : 5893

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:19 am

Laura has the F1 edit imo from her promos, her M&G (PI and ITMs shown right after), 1on1 time (even if briefly) and even down to her being shown when Matty gave Michelle the FIR - all pretty much the same edit Lee got in the first episode.

She seems quite OTT on SM as well imo which makes me wonder if that's because she won and she wants everyone to know... just like she posted "queen of reverse parking" on her IG bio post-filming. Kind of comes across to me as a bit arrogant. Makes me wonder why she is not following Elise....

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:29 am

Sundy wrote:I was just rewatching Laura's red carpet arrival and geez Mattys reaction was exactly the same as Sams with Sasha. He mentioned that he got lost for words. I don't know who F1 is yet but that was one strong first impression

I'm going to quote here what I posted in the ND thread regarding my comparisons of the F1 M & G's from seasons 1 to 3:

Bobette wrote:

snipped

There are some very clear consistencies across all 3 seasons I watched:

ALL F1s have a long meeting chat with Lead.  Most have special music as they are walking up.  ALL have an ITM immediately after where they are absolutely gushing about the Lead, complimenting their looks/personality etc.  They all look flushed and giddy with excitement/happiness.  They then cut back to the Lead saying something positive about F1.  Immediately after this the F1 is often shown walking into the room of girls and how they are received by/interact with the others.

ALL F1s are shown to be nervous and slightly awkward/goofy (Sam tripped, Snez forgot to ask Sam's name, Anna with lipstick on her teeth).  They all comment on their "mistakes"/goofs in their post-meeting ITM. This may be a uniquely Australian thing - Aussies do love our humour and "dagginess" IMO - or it could just be a general way of showing the F1s as vulnerable/"real people" and endearing the audience to F1 right from the start.

So that's what I'll be watching for on episode 1 (especially in relation to Elise and Laura).  

In particular I will be looking for this very specific editing sequence:

1. Girl meets Matty, possible special music while walking up
2. Long chat during which girl is awkward in some way
3. ITM of girl immediately after, gushing about Matty and commenting on her awkwardness
4. Cuts back to Matty who says something positive about girl
5. Back to girl entering the mansion, showing how she is received by others.

Out of our suspected final 2, Laura's M & G edit is virtually identical to this pattern - she even tripped going up the stairs.

The only other edit that came close was Tara's. Elise's was so brief there was barely time to take notes. Not an F1 edit, IMO

Last edited by Bobette on Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Storybook Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:37 am

To me watching Laura on the red carpet she was at no time awkward around Matty. She was very confident. She even said something like it was too early to talk about exchanging rings. She did a good job of promoting her jewellery range and even asked Matty to be her model. Again showing a confident demeanor. To me watching Matty's reaction of 'wow' it was maybe because he was surprised to see Laura look so much like Georgia. If so, he would've had instant feelings for her.

Storybook

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:40 am

Was Laura even in shot when he "wowed"?  They could have been spliced and diced from another girl.  Actually, didn't they use that "wow" in the Panel video, @mercieme, and made it look like she was "wowing" at Elise?  question

ETA: re Laura not being awkward, that's why I mentioned that they deliberately put in the bit about her tripping - they could have easily left that out to give her a more "perfect" edit. Flaws are endearing and they wanted to humanise her, IMO
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:49 am

@Bobette I have to watch Laura's M&G again hopefully when AAL uploads it, I can't recollect if Matty was shown saying that "wow" to her. But on the project TV clip, Matty did say "wow" to Elise and he was shown saying it to her.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:07 am

laugh out loud I just posted in the SM/Media thread about Matty and him saying "wow" a lot to different girls/scenarios first ep

@Bobette great synopsis for F1 first Ep edit. Could you copy your post over to the F1-F4 thread as I think it would help greatly with sleuthing and comparing the edits for possible F1

@mercieme I posted the Season Preview video in the SC thread but haven't got Laura's M&G. This is the only video I have seen but it's not the full M&G. To see the full M&G and compare, there is an embedded video of first ep in the Online Links thread if that helps

source
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Rikkim Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:37 am

Hi there, this sleuthing is awesome, well done. I may have missed something in previous posts but I recall Sam Frost saying the F1 has their own promo prior to the season starting. Unless I missed it Laura had her own promo but Elise didn't.

Last edited by Rikkim on Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Only partially sent what I was writing.)
Rikkim
Rikkim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 37 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 24 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Laura Byrne - Ep3 SD Girl - Bachelor Australia - Season 5 - *Sleuthing Spoilers*

+43
Missfi
Ash
Hooked
NostalgicNZA
Sprite
fabgirl
Enough
Pongo
aprawn
iamreal2u
Bumbleguild