SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episodes - Discussion - **NO SPOILERS** - *SLEUTHING* DISCUSSION

Page 41 of 45 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episodes - Discussion - **NO SPOILERS** - *SLEUTHING* DISCUSSION - Page 41 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episodes - Discussion - **NO SPOILERS** - *SLEUTHING* DISCUSSION

Post by Ladybug82 Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:03 pm

Spelling Bee
Source
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episodes - Discussion - **NO SPOILERS** - *SLEUTHING* DISCUSSION - Page 41 Empty Re: Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episodes - Discussion - **NO SPOILERS** - *SLEUTHING* DISCUSSION

Post by Guest Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:35 am

moonchild wrote: snipped

At first, I thought Bryan was being edited as the physical attraction, or the Luke of this season, but it has worried me that he remains so hidden.  He put himself in the spotlight on the Ellen GD.  Although, I'm sure that TB did it's own taping of the show and could edit as it pleased, it would be pointless if that show had already aired.  Bryan's bold move to grab the mic and posture himself with the other men, didn't help his cause with me.  And, the weird thing is that it would have come out anyway in the "Never Have I" game.  I expected more of a reaction from Bryan when he looked around and saw that Peter had kissed R too during that game.  That GD highlighted the contrast between Bryan and Peter.  I find it interesting that she is so attracted to both men even though there are huge differences in them.

Rachel works in a male dominated, cut throat business.  Even though she says she wants to be swept off her feet, etc, I think she enjoys the chase.  Bryan has as much said, I'm yours for the asking, but Peter is more of a challenge to her.  Maybe she flip flops at some point.  I can even see her being with one and walking away saying "he's the one", then being with the other and walking away saying "no, he's the one".  I am assuming filming had ended before the show started airing, IDK.  Would that make a difference in the edit of the first few episodes?  Did she flip near the end, I wonder?  So many questions!

One thing I have noticed about Peter is that he doesn't like surprises.  In situations where he is unsure of what is going to happen, he starts asking questions.  Like when they drove up to the airplane on their 1-1, he asked if he was going to be flying this airplane, too.  When she asked if her "friend" could come on their date, he asked if it was an ex-boyfriend.  At night on their 1-1 she said there was more thing and he asked if they were going to dance some more (why didn't we see them dancing?).  I wouldn't call it wanting control, but liking being kept in the loop with no big surprises.  Rachel seems to like very much being in control.  Does this become a source of conflict for them?  We know that the lead and the F1 have some issue they have to overcome before the end.  For JoJo, there seemed to be conflict and lack of trust almost from the beginning with Jordan and there was the issue that Luke wouldn't verbalize his feelings that popped up later.  Right now everything seems all rosy for Peter and Bryan.  So, I guess it will be easy to see when the conflict or issue raises it's ugly head.  

@moonchild very interesting analyze.

so you think that there were more with Ellen and they edited the show? I noticed 2 important things with Ellen. Bryan appeared as the bad boy and Peter as the good boy. It was even more pronounced imo. Bryan being the bad boy who take and kiss, who tell and is not ashamed to tell he did... Peter  being the gentleman who "who  did not think sex once thinking about rachel", who mentioned he kissed her only in a 2 choices I have never have game.

so the edits is IMO bad boy versus good boy... and at the end the girl often picked the bad boy? The "perfect on paper" versus "too risky for long term". Security versus unknown yet excitement.

Yes I noticed and mentioned Peter is a thinker. He is not spontaneous. He is in a way timid unless he knows the consequences. Versus Bryan who is the reverse, goes for it with no regret.... mmm the no regret greeting Rachel cheers with the guys.

Yes, Rachel is working in an aggressive mainly in a male environment with stiff competition. But I think she wants to give control in regard of love. I think like many strong women, they are slit in taking control but want to feel like loosing control with a man. It is a duality that I totally agree with you about Bryan and Peter being quite the opposite characters. I do not see Rachel as wanting to be chased. I see the opposite. She wants to have butterflies. She wants to feel like the man is loosing control for her. She wants passion. She wants to feel needed and wanted and loved and put on top of "his" world.

This is what I feel from her. And so far Bryan gives her that. I thought Peter was the guy but now I am trying to think from Rachel's perspective. Does she wants to chase or be chased. I believe that it will all depends on Bryan to reassure her. If Bryan gives her the long term security vibe, that he is passionately in love with her. She will fall for him. If Peter gives her more passion, more excitement, then she will fall for him. And yes, she will struggle but at the end she will pick the one that she is physically more attracted too. And so far, we know this is Bryan as she fell the same night she met him... which I think is not in her character to do. She said so too with peter that they are very similar, meaning she is also a thinker. 2 thinkers may become an issue long term or if they are totally synchro it can be a wonderful thing. one way or the other.

You mentioned dance again. I recall rachel and peter dancing at the dog party no?

In this quick dating / proposing situation, Rachel has to make quick decisions. She would enjoy the time with the guys, then analyses it at night and probably give herself some goals until she has her answers. That is her job and her nature. As I said already, she is a very opinionated woman. Does she wants to loose control over a man? Not entirely but she is like a moth with a flame. Will she fall or not? Again, if Bryan gives her all the insurance that he is madly in love. yes. If Peter gives her the insurance he can give her excitement on top of white fence and 2 and 1/2 kid, she will.

I also think that Rachel did not have much guys she was interested with even if we see her kissing a lot around. The 1-1 date with Peter went very well and she was very excited about it (PI in her purple dress). She was on high right after... this reminds me of jojo and Luke at this dancing place and the outdoor spa. She called him husband material and she looked on high too... but Luke was never an option for her. It is hard to decipher since they tape their reactions in the moment or right after a great time. A great time does not necessary means he is the one. We saw that kind of reaction many times over on this show. And I personally fell way too much time for.

So far, the hidden Bryan makes me think he is F1. And yes I changed my mind. The blog is too obvious. The 1-1 was too obvious and early on. Rachel chasing him and not the reverse (on top of him, body language, being the kisser vs being kissed, etc)...

Funny enough, I have no really preference between Peter or Bryan. I like them both. I do not know Bryan and find him a bit too over the top and that is maybe not good in my book but I also like that he seems to dislike dramas in the house. That speaks also volume to me. So maybe a bit more Peter because he seems to have this more secure vibe. But I watched their 1-1 a couple of times and thought that he may be a bit boring and too stiff (thing that I noticed immediately when they sat at the diner table). Prods also decided to keep the "I will be a good dad to copper" which for me is another edit sign of either F1 or heartbroken F2. The done deal from day 1 seen is never a good thing IMO

You mentioned a possible 1-1 in SC with Bryan. I do not think so since we already have Jack and Dean. However, Switzerland seems to be the next stop so Bryan should be in ep5.

I thought the bonfire was in Switzerland but since we know it was in LA and since the red coat looks like Alex. I think Jack leaves either in SC or Switzerland. Jack came on my top 3 fav but something with his voice makes me cringe. laugh out loud

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:45 am

Ladybug82 wrote:
Spelling Bee
Source

thank you!

This is completely hilarious. all the guys seems sooooooooooo not happy about this spelling bee contest! rofl

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:21 pm

Is there anyone left in here?  Just so I'll know whether to bring things over.  Thanks!
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Back to top Go down

Post by moonchild Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:02 pm

@Ladybug82 Amethyst and Lost17 Lost might not be posting for the next 2 weeks.

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episodes - Discussion - **NO SPOILERS** - *SLEUTHING* DISCUSSION - Page 41 Anigif_enhanced-buzz-7775-1355590544-1_zps0fd77e73
moonchild
moonchild

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:42 pm

@moonchild thanks!  bestbud!
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:35 pm

I'm still here, Ladybug! The spelling bee video is really cute. We're getting a new show next Monday, right?
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:47 pm

Thanks moon, yes, I'm still here...on vacation for 1 more week and won't be around much, but will try and stop by after the show tomorrow night. Looking forward to seeing more of the guys and their personalities.

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:14 pm

I saw most (but not quite all,) of last night's episode -- but more than enough to comment, I think.

First, even this far in, I'm still having trouble identifying some of the guys, especially after a two week hiatus. I wish that the show would continue to ID the guys by name at least the first time in the episode. I feel like I should know them all by now, but I just don't.

House drama -- we all know that Rachel hates, hates, hates, drama. And yet she picked Lee (this season's, "I'm not here to make friends") last in the rose ceremony -- a more than obvious producer's pick. I like to watch her face carefully when she is toward the end of her picks -- she can 95% contain herself for a producer's pick, but there is also this 5% edge of distaste. It is hard as a fan to see her send home some obviously nice guys for a man who is so full of himself (although at this point she probably has a good idea as to who her top contenders are.) As one of the men (Dean?) said, Lee is a product of his background. I can't quite figure why Lee is there. He's not there to make friends, he doesn't appear to be there for Rachel, and he's certainly not helping his brand. My best guess is that he likes to try to outsmart other guys so that he can "win," and in pursuit of that he likes to stir the pot. So basically he's there to entertain himself and share his joke with those of similar proclivities.

I didn't think less of Kenny for taking on Lee. I felt it was necessary under the circumstances, since Lee was being a complete jerk to Kenny. I also think that Kenny was working hard to stay as calm as possible. Kudos to him.  

Peter and Bryan got just enough air time to assure us that they are still front runners in Rachel's thinking. Peter is still the guy with whom she shares an organic connection; Bryan is still the guy with whom she feels the heat. I personally still feel a sense of caution about Bryan, just because he continues to come on so very strongly.

Dean took on the narrator role last evening -- he was able to comment on the Lee situation in an accurate but dispassionate manner. In that regard, he showed a lot of maturity. I loved his date with Rachel, and I can certainly see his appeal. He's charming, and fun to be around. I got the feeling that he was still holding back some while sharing his story about his mom's illness and death. That's understandable, especially with the cameras on him, but it still makes me wonder if he's ready for a deeper commitment. I really connected with his story because my dad died when I was 14, and it likewise sent my own family into a spiral. I understand why it would be painful to discuss that even into your 20s.

I still don't get what she sees in Iggy or Eric, possibly due to editing. Iggy professes to feel protective towards her, which can be an attractive quality, but he translates this into being the house gossip, which is not so attractive. Eric had rather a neutral edit this time around. Rachel told him a funny story about her doing house cleaning as a stress reliever, and he didn't seem to know how to respond to that apart from asking for a hug. Honestly, I wouldn't have known how to respond to that, either, apart from saying, "You go girl, but don't expect the same from me." Jonathan, despite being a seemingly nice guy, is also a bit of a mystery. To me, he is Mr. Awkward.

Despite winning the spelling bee, Josiah didn't come off so well to me last night. I didn't like how he kept drinking out of the trophy cup, brushing off his private parts, and talking about his win.

Honestly, as far as I'm concerned, the producers can dial back the Lee drama and show more of the other guys. Rachel has some nice guys this season, and I'd like a chance to know them better. Perhaps that will happen in the coming episodes.

I do love that they've hit the road, finally. Hilton Head looked really appealing.
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:26 pm

Handball

Shucking Oysters

Source
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:22 pm

New Sneak Peek:

Source
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Back to top Go down

Post by blueblues Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:30 am

I thought they were going to Switzerland next, but that is without doubt Holmenkollen ski jump and chapel in Oslo, Norway.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holmenkollen_Chapel
http://www.thepicta.com/media/1231909224160146752_30606516

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 45 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 13 - Rachel Lindsay - Episodes - Discussion - **NO SPOILERS** - *SLEUTHING* DISCUSSION

+16
JBF
Kashathediva
blueblues
djogbenyuie
moonchild
Norcalgal
locoforbach
MiaHawk
Litta123
Ayana
SafronSahara