SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

Page 53 of 79 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 66 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3 - Page 53 Empty Re: Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

Post by Bobette Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:36 am

bluwavz wrote:Even if he is her type I don't think there is anything wrong with that. After she said in an interview that Nick Viall is who she'd pick of any past Bachelor on a date I never thought she would pick the vanilla personality "nice guy" type. The lady leads almost never seem to and I think that's okay. Women don't owe it to "nice guys" to pick them just for being "nicer" than the other guy. And I agree with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that you should never settle for the the safer bet over what you really want. You only have one life so don't waste it playing it safe just because it may not work out and everyone else is telling you what you should do. Eff that noise. laugh out loud

All JMO.

My hunch is that Kevin is totally her usual type and I think her family's immediate negative response to him confirms it.  I think the voiceover where Jasmine reflects back on KW's limo arrival and says she was thinking "I don't know if I would date this guy" is either a deliberate misdirection to make us think he's not her usual type, or a sly acknowledgement that he is her type but that she shouldn't be dating "that kind of guy" anymore because those relationships haven't worked out in the past.

Going back to the first episode, this is what Jasmine said when Jillian asked her what she is looking for in a guy:

"I don't want to say like a 'small town guy' but in a way, yes.  I'm also looking forward to the fact that I'm going to be pushed to date such a variety of guys because it might not be... you know, like maybe you're just constantly choosing the same type of guy and then that's why it's not working out - for whatever reason."

Significantly, Jillian then tells her to listen to her gut.

Now in this episode, after meeting KW, her sister's comments that:

"He looks exactly like the guy I would expect to see her with."  [She's even laughing when she says this - as if he's just so totally her usual type it's comical to her]

Then her mum's comments:

"Kevin seems to be what I think Jasmine tends to gravitate towards.  The good-looking, charismatic... you know... that type.... He seems somewhat kind of like a ladies' man.... He says something about Jasmine has changed that.  I'm not sure exactly what, but in my experience those things don't really change."

And Jasmine:

"He's a really outgoing guy and he's really social, so he gets a lot of attention from women.  Like all the time."

[Post-meeting chat:]

Mum: "He seems genuine, but Mikhel, he seems genuine too, and he's more caring."

Sister: "What does your gut say?"

Jasmine: "You guys are saying exactly my thoughts.  I do feel like Kevin and I have clicked a little more throughout this whole thing, but with Mikhel I look at him and I'm like, you're so loving and supportive, there's that feeling that I get from him.  And it's not that Kevin doesn't give me that too, it's just in a different way".

So my argument would be not that Jasmine should listen to what everyone else is telling her to do, but that she should listen to herself from Episode 1!

If she chooses Kevin, the arc of her storyline completely collapses IMO - she hasn't achieved what she set out to find in a relationship.  She'd be repeating old patterns and setting herself up to make the same old mistakes.  That's not a happy or satisfying ending IMO.  I think if Kevin was going to be her final choice, TPTB would have gone with a different "angle" for her story, and not put so much emphasis on her wanting to break the cycle of past mistakes.  

After this episode, I am expecting Mikhel to be F1 and I certainly hope that is the case.  If not, I will be disappointed with the way TPTB chose to craft Jasmine's story.  All JMO.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3 - Page 53 Empty Re: Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

Post by primexi Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:57 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] copying what i said in another thread

so i was right about thinking jasmine's type is guys with tattoos. just watched the aftershow and jillian said that when she talked to jasmine at the beginning of the process "she hopefully wanted to end up with a guy that has tattoos".

her first impression of kevin in recap was that "he was not her type"(probably because of his hair) but again once jasmine probably saw kevin and mikhel's tattoos in jamaica during the wrestling she started to have the hots for them laugh out loud

primexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:06 am

primexi wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] copying what i said in another thread

so i was right about thinking jasmine's type is guys with tattoos. just watched the aftershow and jillian said that when she talked to jasmine at the beginning of the process "she hopefully wanted to end up with a guy that has tattoos".

her first impression of kevin in recap was that "he was not her type"(probably because of his hair) but again once jasmine probably saw kevin and mikhel's tattoos in jamaica during the wrestling she started to have the hots for them laugh out loud

Well that's very interesting.  I haven't watched any of the aftershows - I'm not in Canada so can't access much of the additional content.  Mikhel and Kevin are pretty much opposites in personality but they do have quite similar physiques and yes both have tattoos so I guess she'll get her wish either way :yes:

Since you mention Kevin's hair: Being a hair stylist I definitely think that's something Jasmine would have noticed, and the fact that it is still the same post-show is another reason I doubt they are together.  She'd want to fix that right up IMO!  Whereas Mikhel's hair... now that's a cut you could set your watch to. Hugesmile
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:00 am

If she said she wouldn't date Kevin, then how could he be her type?

If the v/o was meant to mislead then who did she mean when she said it? Did she mean it for Mikhel?

I haven't rewatched that part, I don't recall specifically if it was spliced and diced or if it was a real part of the Kevin conversation.

IMO Jasmine should listen to her heart.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71754

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:15 pm

IMO, Jasmine chose who she wanted for whatever reason that is surely hers. Whether it's looks, style, character, the hots, etc. she made her decision.
My two cents thrown at her is for well wishes. Can't afford to tell someone who's best for her when in all fairness I don't even know her far less the guys.
Different strokes for different folks including hairdressers since this was brought up; the show's hairstylist Carson actually said Kevin was a beauty ?!? (IG KW pic ) Who knows if he meant his hair laugh out loud or overall character.
Speaking of character, regardless of looks, it was in Ep.2 that this character perception rose. Jasmine asking why KW was called Captain Canada and later opened up emotionally about her father. The next date was KW and she showed her intrigue by saying big military firefighter guy scare of bats etc. IMO she felt save with him and comfortable enough to be playful or even taunt him (I'll say it) I really do think that she baited him during that disagreement about the rose when she said there were others who she had (paraphrasing) connected with more than him.

So as it goes as Jasmine said, it's her decision who she give the rose to.

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWrongReasons Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:20 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:If she said she wouldn't date Kevin, then how could he be her type?

If the v/o was meant to mislead then who did she mean when she said it? Did she mean it for Mikhel?

I haven't rewatched that part, I don't recall specifically if it was spliced and diced or if it was a real part of the Kevin conversation.

I am super confused re. the bolded as well laugh out loud 
Honestly, my head is spinning trying to keep all the contrasting theories meant to lead to the same conclusion straight.

IMO if any misdirection is going on, it would be on the show's part in painting KW as the hotheaded player whom her loved ones are wary of vs. Mikhel the sensitive nice guy loved by LO's. They might as well be painting a large arrow reading "choose Mikhel", seemingly geared towards general viewers and not sleuthers looking for detailed analysis. Almost every general site I read seems to be fully behind Mikhel with most people stating they would be shocked if Kevin was chosen. The After Show poll itself of IMO mainly general viewers heavily favoured Mikhel as the projected winner. 

Meanwhile, those from past seasons who are more familiar with the show's inner workings (I'm not counting current BetteCA contestants bc they are currently still part of this season), especially women like Sharleen, Jillian, Bianka etc. all believe it will be Kevin.

See this? This is you. It's not showy or gaudy. It's simple. Elegant. Beautiful.
It's my mom's bracelet.
I know.
How do you know?
Well, because you told me. Six months ago. You were wearing that blue sweater with the snowflakes that you have. You were walking down the hallway at school. I was annoying you as per usual. You said, "Look, Pacey, I just found my mother's bracelet this morning, so why don't you cut me some slack?"
You remember that?
I remember everything.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
TheWrongReasons
TheWrongReasons

Female Posts : 2065

Back to top Go down

Post by Emilia23_12 Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:05 pm

TheWrongReasons wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:If she said she wouldn't date Kevin, then how could he be her type?

I am super confused re. the bolded as well laugh out loud 
Honestly, my head is spinning trying to keep all the contrasting theories meant to lead to the same conclusion straight.

IMO if any misdirection is going on, it would be on the show's part in painting KW as the hotheaded player whom her loved ones are wary of vs. Mikhel the sensitive nice guy loved by LO's. They might as well be painting a large arrow reading "choose Mikhel", seemingly geared towards general viewers and not sleuthers looking for detailed analysis. Almost every general site I read seems to be fully behind Mikhel with most people stating they would be shocked if Kevin was chosen. The After Show poll itself of IMO mainly general viewers heavily favoured Mikhel as the projected winner. 

Meanwhile, those from past seasons who are more familiar with the show's inner workings (I'm not counting current BetteCA contestants bc they are currently still part of this season), especially women like Sharleen, Jillian, Bianka etc. all believe it will be Kevin.

I laughed loud on the aftershow, when Mike said "Kevin and I are very similar, he s a good guy"! So all loved good guy Mike thinks he and Badboy Kev are similar !!! cantstopl So who knows better ??? :gotcha:
Emilia23_12
Emilia23_12

Female Posts : 570

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I laugh at that statement too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:39 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I agree she will choose who she will choose. My overanalytucal brain can't help wondering why they have set up a storyline they keep repeating about her going out with the same guys and then trashing it. But unless the missing piece is the finale where we perhaps see this addressed and very quickly I might add, im confused why they bother having a story producer with a story with no resolution. Or perhaps the resolution is she still chooses the same guy. Bahaha there goes that brain again.

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:30 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I think it's possible that Jasmine meant she wasn't attracted to Kevin's look (hair maybe?). Her family said she has a type and her mom said it's the good looking, outgoing, charming guys. I know I didn't find him the least bit attractive in the beginning but can now see what she might be seeing now.

Of course Jasmine should choose who she wants to choose. If it's Kevin then that's her choice but same goes if it's Mikhel. We may see her as definitely wanting one guy or that she'd be better off with the other guy but we're not going to live with them. Hoping Jasmine is happy with whichever guy she picked.  Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3 - Page 53 4256136633

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15490

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:56 pm

Fifty wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I agree she will choose who she will choose.  My overanalytucal brain can't help wondering why they have set up a storyline they keep repeating about her going out with the same guys and then trashing it. But unless the missing piece is the finale where we perhaps see this addressed and very quickly I might add, im confused why they bother having a story producer with a story with no resolution. Or perhaps the resolution is she still chooses the same guy. Bahaha there goes that brain again.

I agree Exactly.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:20 pm

When it comes to storylines, I think the lead says a lot of stuff that doesn't mean much in hindsight. It's nothing new as so many leads say one thing and then at the end they pick their F1 and the lead's story was nothing more than misdirection and producer spiel. It won't surprise me if that's the case with Jas.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 53 of 79 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 66 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

+37
Emilia23_12
notarose
ElonM
lrose
Bobette
makeover
Seabear
Just Looking
Miyala
AllAboutLove
Idlemess