SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

Page 31 of 79 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 55 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3 - Page 31 Empty Re: Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

Post by TheWrongReasons Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:21 am

dee wrote:
Idlemess wrote:What I do find interesting is that Jasmine notices a lot about KW and I wonder where she is going with it... when she told him that they were others who have had more in-depth conversations, exactly with whom? Yet KW has been her rock?
Pretty sure she just said that to get a reaction out of him, IMO. Most of the time when she talks about Kevin in ITMs about being uncomfortable in group dates and having issues with the concept of the show, she was smiling, trying not to laugh,or  beaming. In fact, I think she gets off (for lack of a better word) from his jealousy as it shows her that he actually cares. She's got all these other guys kissing her butt for the sake of the show, but Kevin's the one that actually questions her. No, it might not be pretty, perfect, or PC onscreen, but no real relationship is. I think as much as Jasmine is doing the choosing, Kevin is also choosing by finding out if Jasmine is the right girl for him.

Fifty wrote:IMO if you are arguing in the bachie bubble when you barely see each other with no show of resolvement, you can understand why many would question what he would be like in real life.  
I guess I see it differently. The fact that they can both reveal their "negative" sides to each other tells me their relationship has progressed a lot further than the rest as they are comfortable and familiar enough to let their guards down. They're not stuck in the initial phase where they're walking on egg shells and constantly putting their best foot forward to impress each other.

All JMO.
I agree 100% with this whole post [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] :yes: 

IMO sometimes girls just want a bit of a reaction/tinge of jealousy from their guys - I guess to feel like their SO's can see that others desire them, too & of course to see that they "care". There can be  something a little exciting about a little discomfort/jealousy sometimes IMO bc sometimes a girl wants to feel attractive & desired in general & a little "fought over" - this is amplified to the max for Jasmine as the Bachelorette, so it's natural IMO for her to kind of "like" Kevin's discomfort a little.

There's something to be said about being comfortable & natural enough with someone to be your true self, flaws and all and not just a glossed over/filtered version of yourself. IMO how you handle conflict together is very important & from their interaction at the post-fight RC & 2nd ID, it's clear IMO that they patched things up pretty well even if it was offscreen. I once had a newlyish-wed friend ask me, in all seriousness, if it was "normal" to be a bit annoyed at your husband for being a bit messy or if it was a sign that things were really wrong laugh out loud . I had to fight super hard not to roll my eyes out of their sockets and/or laugh in her face (she's more of a casual friend who I try to stay surface friendly with - see the correlation? laugh out loud) - seriously, I'm flabbergasted how some people (people in general, not directed at anyone here) can seem so lost in La La Land laugh out loud

See this? This is you. It's not showy or gaudy. It's simple. Elegant. Beautiful.
It's my mom's bracelet.
I know.
How do you know?
Well, because you told me. Six months ago. You were wearing that blue sweater with the snowflakes that you have. You were walking down the hallway at school. I was annoying you as per usual. You said, "Look, Pacey, I just found my mother's bracelet this morning, so why don't you cut me some slack?"
You remember that?
I remember everything.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
TheWrongReasons
TheWrongReasons

Female Posts : 2065

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3 - Page 31 Empty Re: Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:52 am

Good posts everyone.

I just want to add, IMO a woman would like the jealous behavior only if she in turn likes him. That's what I saw in Jasmine.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71754

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWrongReasons Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:15 am

GuardianAngel wrote:Good posts everyone.

I just want to add, IMO a woman would like the jealous behavior only if she in turn likes him. That's what I saw in Jasmine.
Very true :yes:  Real life example - the first time my hubby ever saw me, I was working as a cashier in a grocery store back in the university days. He came up with random things to buy in order to have excuses to see me for a month or so until he got up the nerve to ask me out. I thought he was cute & he gave me butterflies, so I found this adorable & romantic. Had I not been into him, I probably would have felt very differently (perhaps the term "stalkerish" would have come to mind - sorry hubby laugh out loud). 

If one of the other guys had tried to question Jasmine like Kevin did, IMO they would have been booted right then and there. She also continued to keep him after the tension with his mother. If she wanted to let him go, she had two perfectly justifiable reasons to do so & a solid alternative in Mike. IMO Jasmine is visibly in love with Kevin...and she's not going to let him go.

See this? This is you. It's not showy or gaudy. It's simple. Elegant. Beautiful.
It's my mom's bracelet.
I know.
How do you know?
Well, because you told me. Six months ago. You were wearing that blue sweater with the snowflakes that you have. You were walking down the hallway at school. I was annoying you as per usual. You said, "Look, Pacey, I just found my mother's bracelet this morning, so why don't you cut me some slack?"
You remember that?
TheWrongReasons
TheWrongReasons

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:24 am

The thing that gives me pause that Kevin is the slam dunk F1 over Mikhel is that Mikhel is wearing his heart on his sleeve and Jasmine knows that he suffered serious heartbreak in the past. I am surprised if Jasmine knew for sure that Kevin was her F1....that she didn't let Mikhel go as a mercy elimination at F3 and keep Mike instead because he was so much less invested. It is small things like this that make me think that Jasmine still was not 100% decided on her final choice after the HTD's. I am curious to see her interactions with them both on the last few dates.
I like Jasmine and hope she is happy with the one she chose. Both men seem very into her so hopefully the love she shares with the final man has continued to blossom and grow since filming ended. It would be nice to see Jasmine find what she was looking for.
All JMO
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by lightredemption Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:28 am

Excellent posts [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - also I like your avatar/sig combo!

Seabear wrote:I am surprised if Jasmine knew for sure that Kevin was her F1....that she didn't let Mikhel go as a mercy elimination at F3 and keep Mike instead because he was so much less invested. 

I feel like this point crops up every season. Ben says he always knew it was going to be Lauren - so why didn't he do the merciful thing and send JoJo home sooner? Georgia said that for her it was always Lee, so why didn't she send Matty home earlier knowing how invested he was? Why didn't Richie send Nikki home earlier etc? The point can be made across the franchise over the seasons. IMO as much as I would like for the "mercy elimination" to be a thing - unless the lead has significant leg room to demand certain things; I don't think they happen very often.

JMO.
lightredemption
lightredemption

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWrongReasons Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:57 am

Thanks, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]! Smiley 

I just kept thinking that there was a song that pic reminded me of ... & just realized it was "You and Me" tonight. 

I totally agree with your point re. the "merciful" elimination as well. It's a really slippery slope IMO: 

-Why didn't Ben let JoJo, who came into the show much more heartbroken than Caila, go? 
-Why didn't Kaitlyn let Nick (who had already been crushed at F2 the previous year AND had a broken engagement) go? 

I guess the answers could be that TPTB want drama, tension, believability, accuracy, etc... 

And honestly, not to be callous, but IMO being hurt from past relationships is not really a unique situation (there's the saying "good things don't end unless they end badly" or something like that). One could also argue that it would be even harsher to drag Mike along to the F2, deepen their bond, then rip another important female figure from his life. It could IMO keep going in circles.

It's my mom's bracelet.
I know.
How do you know?
You remember that?
TheWrongReasons
TheWrongReasons

Back to top Go down

Post by makeover Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:11 am

To me, Jasmine can't hide her attraction or love for Kevin even if she wanted to. What I really liked about both of them is that after their little argument, they approached each other without an ego and couldn't wait to make up with each other. She was so happy to see him on his 2nd SD and vice versa. I could tell how much she missed the Kevin she saw on the 1st SD. And for all the long faces Kevin pulls, he's totally different when he's with her alone, so that convinced me he really likes / loves her and it's not just a game to him.

If we are comparing edits, Kevin has a much better edit than poor Alex. Him being jealous under the circumstances isn't a character flaw IMO. He immediately kept quiet during the confrontation after he saw how upset she got. And that argument actually brought them closer. In a way, Jasmine and Kevin reminds me of (a much nicer version) Shawn and Kaitlyn.

Jasmine adores Mikhel but she's always going "aw, you're so cute, you're so sweet." Whereas with Kevin, she's seeking out if he's ready for this. Just like how Georgia was with Lee. Georgia was always trying to find out if Lee really likes her. With so many suitors chasing them, a lead would not bother doing this unless they really like someone.

ETA: Kevin is also super attentive with Jasmine. After seeing Drew having fun in the rain, he asked Jasmine if she wanted to play in the rain as well and brought her out. None of the other guys did that. I didn't see that moment as him doing just for the sake of her attention but he really wanted her to have fun. I thought that was really sweet.

And during the spa group date, she knew it was Kevin doing the foot massage and she was so into it and Kevin made sure to be attentive of her reactions to see what she liked. I see a real give and take to their relationship which is really nice. And even though he was kind of sulking during the spa date because she didn't ask for a 1 on 1 time with him, he still poured her a drink and had one ready for her after she came back from the chat with Drew. It's just the little things.

makeover

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:41 am

makeover wrote:To me, Jasmine can't hide her attraction or love for Kevin even if she wanted to. What I really liked about both of them is that after their little argument, they approached each other without an ego and couldn't wait to make up with each other. She was so happy to see him on his 2nd SD and vice versa. I could tell how much she missed the Kevin she saw on the 1st SD. And for all the long faces Kevin pulls, he's totally different when he's with her alone, so that convinced me he really likes / loves her and it's not just a game to him.

If we are comparing edits, Kevin has a much better edit than poor Alex. Him being jealous under the circumstances isn't a character flaw IMO. He immediately kept quiet during the confrontation after he saw how upset she got. And that argument actually brought them closer. In a way, Jasmine and Kevin reminds me of (a much nicer version) Shawn and Kaitlyn.

Jasmine adores Mikhel but she's always going "aw, you're so cute, you're so sweet." Whereas with Kevin, she's seeking out if he's ready for this. Just like how Georgia was with Lee. Georgia was always trying to find out if Lee really likes her. With so many suitors chasing them, a lead would not bother doing this unless they really like someone.

ETA: Kevin is also super attentive with Jasmine. After seeing Drew having fun in the rain, he asked Jasmine if she wanted to play in the rain as well and brought her out. None of the other guys did that. I didn't see that moment as him doing just for the sake of her attention but he really wanted her to have fun. I thought that was really sweet.

This is an excellent point.  I thought it was a very revealing when Jasmine said in her ITM on Kevin's HTD: "I'm hoping he doesn't get hurt in this. I'm hoping I don't get hurt in this. In my heart I would say we get along really well and everything is perfect and don't worry at all, but the truth is I do have other relationships"

Something about the way she said it just sounded very genuine and off the cuff to me - like she dropped her 'script' for the moment and really seemed worried that she could get hurt - which could only happen if she wanted Kevin for F1 and something (like his mother for example) prevented that from happening.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by djogbenyuie Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:58 am

I rewatch the first few episodes and I noticed that must of her comments on Mikhel's kisses (after Seth debacle) or how it just what she wanted from this were voice overs.
Probably to make him seem like a viable F1 from the begining afterwards.
djogbenyuie
djogbenyuie

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:35 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] That does give me pause also although I still think Kevin's the most likely f1 based on what we've seen. There's always a slight chance that they're not showing us something that could change the outcome but I'm not seeing that happen. If so, I'm really sad for Mikhel. He did everything he could do including opening up. I have to think they're setting him up as the next lead because we're all going to see him be heartbroken (again). It's too bad that Jasmine will end up being the bad guy at the end by not picking the 'edited' nicer guy with the welcoming family. You love who you love so I can't be on her for not picking the guy I prefer.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15490

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:33 pm

I think Jasmine will probably pick Kevin. I just think to the general viewing audience from what I have gleaned that Mike has been very popular with the viewers so if TPTB were doing their normal heavy handed take this one not that one to the F2 spot.....they would have pushed for Mike IMO. Mike keeps his emotionally fragile side more buttoned up and I think the loss would have been significantly less hurtful for him. Mikhel's storyline has been about his sweet emotional side and his Mom made a point to comment on how he emotionally retreated after a bad breakup. Jasmine is such an intuitive and caring free spirit IMO....it just seems with her mindset that if she already 100% had her mind made up it was Kevin after hometowns....that she would have saved Mikhel from the pain and taken Mike instead. Just my personal viewpoint based on observing Jasmine.
I see a very real connection between Kevin and Jasmine and it is sweet how soft he allows himself to be with her. But I also see a different kind of sweet, emotionally open and real connection with Mikhel. One thing is certain the two guys are very different from each other IMO. Jasmine is going to have to go with her feelings on who has the potential to be her HEA.
I will be happy for Jasmine if she chooses Kevin or Mikhel. She needs to chose the one she see's a future with. I hope whatever choice she made has been a wonderful one for her. She has been a lovely Bachelorette to watch.

I agree that if Kevin is F1....TPTB are testing the waters to see who to choose between Mike or Mikhel for the next Bachelor. Tough choice.
All JMO
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWrongReasons Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:41 pm

Great post, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]! ITA. Smiley

It's my mom's bracelet.
I know.
How do you know?
You remember that?
TheWrongReasons
TheWrongReasons

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 79 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 55 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #3

+37
Emilia23_12
notarose
ElonM
lrose
Bobette
makeover
Seabear
Just Looking
Miyala
AllAboutLove
Idlemess