SELECT CONTENT

Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #5

Page 36 of 82 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 59 ... 82  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

wrongreasons - Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #5 - Page 36 Empty Re: Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #5

Post by Dessler Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:32 pm

Ash2214 wrote:I guess for me, I just don't care one way or the other. How many of these couples go on to do other television shows or even have their own television show? How many of these couples promote stuff on social media and attend events to get paid? How many of these people build their careers from being on this show a la Ali, Jillian, Des? The list goes on with the people and the platforms they use. No one goes on this show strictly to find love and that's okay. Sure, there's the argument that some people are more sincere than others, but still, the fame aspect is still there.

Jordan himself has yet to acknowledge this supposed new job, so I'm not sure what he's doing, but hey, if he's willing to work, good for him. Getting this job doesn't mean he can't be happy to be with JoJo either. Like with any couple on this show or off this show, time will tell. They will either last or they won't. Either way, they will be together and benefit in other ways from this show or they will eventually break up and benefit from this show. It is what it is. IMO.

I completely agree with you. This "going for fame" issue is getting old IMO. Everyone that goes on this show will get famous and they know it. But the double standard is crazy...people are talking about Jordan being there for fame which is fine,as long as the other contestants are being held to the same standard.Here is my question Jordan is an aspiring sport broadcaster(he got a job), Luke and James are upcoming country artist(they are currently selling out tours).what is the difference between them? Just because people are making use of the opportunities gotten from these shows, does not make them insincere or sincere IMO
Dessler
Dessler

Back to top Go down

wrongreasons - Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #5 - Page 36 Empty Re: Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #5

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:32 pm

Ash2214 wrote:I guess for me, I just don't care one way or the other. How many of these couples go on to do other television shows or even have their own television show? How many of these couples promote stuff on social media and attend events to get paid? How many of these people build their careers from being on this show a la Ali, Jillian, Des? The list goes on with the people and the platforms they use. No one goes on this show strictly to find love and that's okay. Sure, there's the argument that some people are more sincere than others, but still, the fame aspect is still there.

Jordan himself has yet to acknowledge this supposed new job, so I'm not sure what he's doing, but hey, if he's willing to work, good for him. Getting this job doesn't mean he can't be happy to be with JoJo either. Like with any couple on this show or off this show, time will tell. They will either last or they won't. Either way, they will be together and benefit in other ways from this show or they will eventually break up and benefit from this show. It is what it is. IMO.
Ash, the queen of intelligent posting! Go girl! Bring it!  :claphands

IMO.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:34 pm

Dessler wrote:

I completely agree with you. This "going for fame" issue is getting old IMO. Everyone that goes on this show will get famous and they know it. But the double standard is crazy...people are talking about Jordan being there for fame which is fine,as long as the other contestants are being held to the same standard.Here is my question Jordan is an aspiring sport broadcaster(he got a job), Luke and James are upcoming country artist(they are currently selling out tours).what is the difference between them? Just because people are making use of the opportunities gotten from these shows, does not make them insincere or sincere IMO
Exactly. They all want something out of this. ALL OF THEM. And if they say otherwise, they're lying.

IMO.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by chase4me Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:39 pm

Interesting article. With the Raya fiasco and couple with this article, all I can say is that it looks like Jordan has been stepping on the toes of some women.

chase4me

Back to top Go down

Post by KK4 Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:40 pm

I think that all Trista and Ashley wanted was love.....and they got it.
KK4
KK4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:42 pm

Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:The same people who liked JoJo before she was the Ette, like her just the same being the Ette, if not more. Same for the people who disliked her before, nothing changed after the fact. So this notion that she's coming off as clingy isn't hurting her, it's helping her, because a lot of people actually feel for her and understand what she's going through. Like I've been saying since the beginning, a lot of young women go through this. Owning it is always the best bet. And from the response she's been getting...that just proves it. People have been there done that. Ask Ali and Jilly Bean who said the same dang thing. As two formers...they know!

IMO.

I respectfully disagree. I liked JoJo very much during Ben's season and I still like her, but not with the same amount of admiration as previously. IMO, some of her behavior with JR has come off as almost groveling, and I find that distasteful. I also find this setting a bad example for young women in relationships. Yes, girls should not be looking to reality TV for role models, but they watch and follow on SM and are influenced. I don't like seeing an attractive, well educated, vibrant young woman going against her instincts (at least as stated) and chasing a somewhat disinterested bad boy. I rather young women avoid relationships where a power balance exists, emotional or otherwise. So I am disappointed in that aspect of what I see so far between JoJo and Jordan, and this has altered my perception of her. JMO

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:43 pm

KK4 wrote:I think that all Trista and Ashley wanted was love.....and they got it.

But what have they done since their show? Trista and Ryan went on another television show and Ashley and JP just filmed another television show. Heck, Ashley and JP just announced their second pregnancy by using an advertisement that surely made them some money.

I get it, I do. Whether it's for the money or the fame that can come with this show, I understand why these people do what they do, but they all do it in some form or another. IMO.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:44 pm

I dont care for him at all but tgat is Jojo's problem because despite the warnings she still went ahead and chose him. As someone said, how isnhe any different from ChadR? Jordan is nothing like Ben imo.
Also the difference between Jordan and others who went on the show is that most go for the adventure and take advantage of the opportunities afterwards while Jordan made a calculated move to go on so he could get his broadcasting career started. His ex sure wasnt telling lies about his afterall. #alwayswantedtobe famous :claphands no
Cant wait for them both to be off my screen in August.

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:50 pm

Ash2214 wrote:
KK4 wrote:I think that all Trista and Ashley wanted was love.....and they got it.

But what have they done since their show? Trista and Ryan went on another television show and Ashley and JP just filmed another television show. Heck, Ashley and JP just announced their second pregnancy by using an advertisement that surely made them some money.

I get it, I do. Whether it's for the money or the fame that can come with this show, I understand why these people do what they do, but they all do it in some form or another. IMO.

Actually Trista readily acknowledged her desire to go into tv and tried to get some gigs for a while. She and Ryan spent time in California before the wedding, he was pursuing possibly playing football and her the tv thing. It didn't work out and they happily went to Colorado and made it work. I think Trista also wanted love but she stretched the bachelorette for all she could get.  Trista was on the first season of DWTS, she made every appearance she could as the only success of this show for many, many years.  She was the forerunner and the rest are following the path she blazed. I do complement her that she was willing to accept reality and make the full time life in Colorado and only visit back to California for short term opportunities.

As for Jordan, so what if he went on the show to promote himself, does it guarantee that he did not develop feelings for JoJo? I care less about his supposed intentions before the show then the overall smarminess and to me somewhat aloof way he has behaved toward JoJo on the show. Maybe that will change in the coming episodes, but what I see right now reminds me a lot of Brooks, I see a guy who likes the girl, but he isn't nearly as into her as she is into him. JMO.

BTW, Ashley's husband JP went on her season for the fun and opportunity to travel and just got darn lucky to meet the love of his life, so this show can work for you, even if you aren't going on specifically to pursue the love of your life. JMO.

Last edited by stuckinsc on Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Dessler Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:52 pm

see2love wrote:I dont care for him at all but tgat is Jojo's problem because despite the warnings she still went ahead and chose him. As someone said, how isnhe any different from ChadR? Jordan is nothing like Ben imo.
Also the difference between Jordan and others who went on the show is that most go for the adventure and take advantage of the opportunities afterwards while Jordan made a calculated move to go on so he could get his broadcasting career started. His ex sure wasnt telling lies about his afterall. #alwayswantedtobe famous :claphands no
Cant wait for them both to be off my screen in August.

"He loves adventures," said his father Ed Rodgers when asked about his younger son's appearance on The Bachelorette. "You're only young once, so you may as well go for it." Again like i said ..there is no difference between him and the others , going for adventure and taking advantage of the situation IMO
Dessler
Dessler

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:53 pm

babs wrote:I surf through some of the FB pages and I see people that were fans of JoJo during Ben's season, and wanted Ben to pick her and are still made at Ben for not doing so.  They are either blaming Ben or they are blaming MF and Co. for giving her chitty guys to pick from.  Most are saying the season is boring and some are losing interest.

I have no doubt that JoJo will continue to be a popular bachelorette, no matter who she ends up with.

Yeah.
The online population does tend to loose interest and have negative stuff to say about the lead, the season, contestants and the spoiled pick. 
Every season. The freshness starts dipping around about now and there is a minefield with mini explosions going off till the end. Some bettes have had it worse than others. But all go through the wringer.

This season no different. The negative and hurtful comments just keep piling up. it's  like just because they have a keyboard and acess to social media, folks heap negativity on these people. 
Some repeatedly have negative things to say.everyday like clockwork. (I almost recognise the Twitter and insta handles) because they can.

MF and Co keep rolling each season with renewals so they appear to have some watching and enjoying despite the ones on SM that hate watch they are being forced to watch and comment on. 
I do wonder who is forcing them? A girlfriend/boyfriend  ? Their coworkers/boss? Family members? It's crazy. Perhaps there is such a thing. 

IMO there are other things to do on Monday nights and not watch and develop negativity in head and heart, then go and spam the Internet (sm) with that negativity repeatedly but that's just me.
Jmo.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:58 pm

Kaitlyn's season got very solid ratings and from what I've seen, JoJo's ratings have beat out Kaitlyn's for every single episode this far besides one episode. One of JoJo's episodes from the past couple of weeks hit the 7 million mark I believe, which is pretty rare for the bachelorette given it airs during the summer, so whether or not the people watching are liking it or hating it, she's still their best bachelorette they've had in years if we go by ratings. IMO.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 82 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 59 ... 82  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Jordan Rodgers - Bachelorette 12 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #5

+69
Isabel123
Norcalgal
ReneeM
mercieme
BachIsMyGuiltyPleasure