SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 6 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 49 of 57 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 53 ... 57  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 6 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 49 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 6 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Guest Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:05 pm

What if Leah was talking about Olivia and not Lauren b? Only Ben knows he has the strongest connection with Lauren b and not Olivia as the others in the house think. And we never really saw Leah saw Lauren's name in than conversatin with Ben. Her back was to the camera when Laurens name was heard.

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 6 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 49 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 6 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Guest Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:06 pm

Fingersandtoes wrote:I forgot it before.. Why was JoJo crying so much? Was it over the cancelled party? Brooks said on the afterbuzz show that the cocktail party only lasts about an hour, so IMO it was a bit too much to cry over that. That whole segment with her seemed like an act.

Yeah, seriously!

Even though I still think her reaction was ridiculous, I do remember Sharleen talking about this in a blog last season, when she said it's not about the CP being cancelled, but the fact that you have no control over anything in that environment and it's just a reminder of that.

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:07 pm

Ben's blog....

http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20981907_20985843,00.html

The thing that stood out to me most was him mentioning twice that he was there to find a wife, not just a girl to date. I hope that bodes well for his present relationship and where it stands right now.
He was very kind toward Olivia and I am not surprised. I do believe, however delusional she was, a lot of Olivia came from producer manipulation.

PS....I wasn't sure where else to put this.

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:09 pm

see2love wrote:
Ariela wrote:A few random thoughts from last night:

-It appeared that the only 3 genuine girls are Caila, Becca and JoJo. They seem to tell Ben how they feel without pretending that ALL is well.

-I dunno. I'm not on Lauren B train. I see that she is very strategic in trying "to win". She gives a little and then pulls back, so Ben is interested. It's like "Oh, I really like you Ben and can see our future....oh, BUT I'm so picky....so chase me" (laugh out loud). She's definitely cool,collected, and somewhat a mystery, which is very attractive to most men.
IF he chooses her, they will last a few months....I don't doubt that she wants Ben, but once the chase wears off, I don't see it lasting. I can't put my finger on it. It's just too nicey, nicey, like warm pee; Not realistic, I think.
-The best choice (so far)is JoJo for Ben. They have chemistry and friendship. They both seem to be on the same page. As for JoJo's wild days.....almost everybody has them in college. It's called learning and GROWING up.

Emily needs to go. Too immature and needy. I'm glad Olivia is gone....It seems that the girls are very catty this season. I'm tired of Emily whining.

I absolutely agree with everything you said.  These 3 are smart enough to call him out just as Jubilee did.
It all well and good he likes Lauren B but dont expect the others to be okay with it without shutting down.
This is the same reason Jubilee shut down and went home. Ben isnt at this point open to giving another woman a chance which may or may not be a mistake on the long run. After all Sean only noticed Cathering in week 5 or 6 and I remember all the other bachelors telling him to be open.
I dnt imagine he would have a very easy WTA with the ladies watching it all back. He knda is doing what Tm in Bach AU did to Rochelle.

Ben can like and decide its Lauren without making the extra push to make the other women invest their emotions and fall for him when he knows he will dump them. Some will say its the premise but he could have remaned open and make a decision based on the most progressed relationship.

Lauren I really cant get a feel on, she is clearly putting on an act. Did anyone notice her smug lok when Ben was talking to Olivia at the RC?

Cant wait for the season to be gone.

Yay, I thought I'm one of two who is watching a different show, now I'm happy to see there are a few of you who also thought Lauren is playing games.

Last edited by peggy0221 on Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:09 pm

Many of the girls were talking about Ben/Lauren connection, Becca said it to Ben herself. And didn't Leah say it in her camera talk that she was talking about LaurenB.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:15 pm

Fingersandtoes wrote:Many of the girls were talking about Ben/Lauren connection, Becca said it to Ben herself. And didn't Leah say it in her camera talk that she was talking about LaurenB.

yes she did in the second chat with Ben when she went to see him.
But that chat at the group date we never really saw her say Lauren's name because she truly looked confused when Laure was crying. Maybe I am just giving her the benefit of a doubt

Back to top Go down

Post by Longhornfan Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:26 pm

I thought that this episode had so much scripting in it, and it seemed like Ben was "in on it"  - so much so that he seemed disengaged or oblivious to what was going on around him.  To me he was not coming across as being genuine, except with maybe just a few of the women.

The 2 on 1 date:  could that have been any more obvious how scripted that was?  He definitely was told to take that rose with him when he blindsided Olivia.  They were only about 500 feet away from Emily when he did that.  And yet, he went along with it.  Oh, well.

IMO that was also a setup for Leah, although I don't know why she would have agreed to go along with it, unless she had been told that Ben would reward her by keeping her there.

And I am beginning to wonder how much actual dating experience that Ben has had in his life so far.  I am guessing that it has not been much, and that inexperience is causing him to pursue Lauren B like there is no one else watching.

But, it did bother me to see him pulling all of the other women aside and giving them each that "pep talk" in order to "validate" his feelings for them, since the cat was out of the bag that he was not good at hiding his attraction to Lauren B from the rest of the girls.  At that point I felt like he definitely crossed over into that grey area of having to "lie" in order to keep the other women from making a mass exodus.

And seriously, how did he think that that date swimming with the pigs was going to be fun for everyone?  Especially since it appeared that there was nowhere to go on that island that was private, in order for him to make goo goo eyes at Lauren.

So, in conclusion.  I saw a lot of producer induced manipulation in this episode.  And, it appeared that Ben went along with it, whether it was by choice or not.  And his halo got slightly tarnished in the process.  JMHO.

Longhornfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:34 pm

Longhornfan wrote:I thought that this episode had so much scripting in it, and it seemed like Ben was "in on it"  - so much so that he seemed disengaged or oblivious to what was going on around him.  To me he was not coming across as being genuine, except with maybe just a few of the women.

The 2 on 1 date:  could that have been any more obvious how scripted that was?  He definitely was told to take that rose with him when he blindsided Olivia.  They were only about 500 feet away from Emily when he did that.  And yet, he went along with it.  Oh, well.

IMO that was also a setup for Leah, although I don't know why she would have agreed to go along with it, unless she had been told that Ben would reward her by keeping her there.

And I am beginning to wonder how much actual dating experience that Ben has had in his life so far.  I am guessing that it has not been much, and that inexperience is causing him to pursue Lauren B like there is no one else watching.

But, it did bother me to see him pulling all of the other women aside and giving them each that "pep talk" in order to "validate" his feelings for them, since the cat was out of the bag that he was not good at hiding his attraction to Lauren B from the rest of the girls.  At that point I felt like he definitely crossed over into that grey area of having to "lie" in order to keep the other women from making a mass exodus.

And seriously, how did he think that that date swimming with the pigs was going to be fun for everyone?  Especially since it appeared that there was nowhere to go on that island that was private, in order for him to make goo goo eyes at Lauren.

So, in conclusion.  I saw a lot of producer induced manipulation in this episode.  And, it appeared that Ben went along with it, whether it was by choice or not.  And his halo got slightly tarnished in the process.  JMHO.

Bolded was my gripe watching this episode as well. He didnt need to do all that

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:42 pm

TPTB didn't have to show any of the footage about the girls saying that Ben and Lauren have the strongest connection; just like they didn't have to show us the footage of Des telling Brooks that she saved her heart for him.

So I question why they showed it. The Leah drama could have just as easily left out the concern of all the girls about Ben/Lauren.
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by Mommyof2 Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:43 pm

Kittycat1000 wrote:
jen689 wrote:
Kittycat1000 wrote:..She went to college with us and from what I knew and heard she was very fake and vain. She also slept with multiple married men, an engaged man...
Yikes! If this is true it just goes to show how little the lead gets to know the women in the "bachelor bubble"

It's absolutely true! I knew the fiancé who's engagement and future marriage she broke up. Ask anyone at Baylor it was a huge scandal and you can't hide it. He used to be a former hockey player. Sloooooot!!!!

What's a sloooot?
Mommyof2
Mommyof2

Female Posts : 8752

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:45 pm

Mommyof1 wrote:
Kittycat1000 wrote:
jen689 wrote:
Yikes! If this is true it just goes to show how little the lead gets to know the women in the "bachelor bubble"

It's absolutely true! I knew the fiancé who's engagement and future marriage she broke up. Ask anyone at Baylor it was a huge scandal and you can't hide it. He used to be a former hockey player. Sloooooot!!!!

What's a sloooot?  

substitute the oooo for a "u" I think..

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:57 pm

Fingersandtoes wrote:Many of the girls were talking about Ben/Lauren connection, Becca said it to Ben herself. And didn't Leah say it in her camera talk that she was talking about LaurenB.

Ben is his blog said JoJo was upset about this too. That all the girls were... It was game over, imo, and Ben probably realized he still had a show to make and he better get to making it seem like every other girl had a great chance otherwise they probably would have all left!!

Who knows... maybe the girls threatened that they would leave? Or told producers they wanted to and Ben realized he had to start pretending he wasn't as into Lauren. Heck, maybe the producers were like, "okay Ben... time for you to do a fake-out Mesnick at the end of this" and Ben was like, "as long as I get to be with Lauren B I don't care what I have to do"  Hugesmile

Ben: ..everyone seemed so upset about me and Lauren B. … I don't know. I guess it's safe to say my mind was spinning at this point, and it really felt like I couldn't do anything right.

http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20981907_20985843,00.html
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 49 of 57 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 53 ... 57  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Episode 6 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+75
Rdjbb
jupi
megaa
FLChica
eliza3