SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Sam Wood - (Male) - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Page 46 of 59 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 52 ... 59  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Sam Wood - (Male) - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 46 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Sam Wood - (Male) - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Post by ElonM Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:47 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:
ElonM wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:
Snez did? Hmmm... yeah, definitely think once she is declared F1 she will be promoting items and be in the public eye.

Yup, saw it early this week. Not certain when it was added. She normally would tag the bachelor in her posts.
Aaahh yes. She did tag her posts with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] hashtag all the time.

I understand there's this idea that not being about the public eye or promoting is a good thing but the reality is I always looks at these contestants the same: they go on this show for fame and/or to expand their brand. Love/lust is the bonus. Just b/c they find the latter doesn't mean they will stop promoting and if anything, most promote even more so (some do it better than others).

So to me it is all the same - they are doing what they went on the show to do in the first place.

If given the opportunity I probably would have done the same thing.

Most of the girls are doing it. Except one-Lana. She's yet to use the bachelor hashtag and given the possibility she's F2 I don't see that happening.
ElonM
ElonM

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Sam Wood - (Male) - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 46 Empty Re: Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Sam Wood - (Male) - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:57 pm

ElonM wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:
ElonM wrote:

Yup, saw it early this week. Not certain when it was added. She normally would tag the bachelor in her posts.
Aaahh yes. She did tag her posts with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] hashtag all the time.

I understand there's this idea that not being about the public eye or promoting is a good thing but the reality is I always looks at these contestants the same: they go on this show for fame and/or to expand their brand. Love/lust is the bonus. Just b/c they find the latter doesn't mean they will stop promoting and if anything, most promote even more so (some do it better than others).

So to me it is all the same - they are doing what they went on the show to do in the first place.

If given the opportunity I probably would have done the same thing.  

Most of the girls are doing it. Except one-Lana. She's yet to use the bachelor hashtag and given the possibility she's F2 I don't see that happening.
Lana is not the only one. Heather has not used the hashtag at all. She has also not commented on TBAU IG account as to what clothes she has worn on the show etc. All the girls have, including Lana. Also Heather is the only girl not to have a rose emoji on her Bio profile... all the girls do and most have The Bachelor in their bio profiles. Doesn't make her better than anyone though as she still has her website listed (which was always there for years) but everyone uses their SM their own way.

I see it all the same, with or without the promotion/identification. Each promotes what they value or what they want to promote and email addresses etc are just to get people to give stuff so they can promote.

If Snez does this as she already has done with the lipstick etc, I expect a lot of promotion by her and Sam post-show. It's just what the lead/F1 do for all these shows.

The only thing I never understand is when people think that someone is more genuine or real b/c they are not promoting. I don't see the correlation. All these people went on a polygamous show to find "love". That's the least real/genuine way to go about it, imo, but I still think they can find love and promote themselves/brand at the same time.

As long as they do so in a kind way, use their platform for more good (bringing awareness and promoting charities are always good) and are nice to their fans and are more positive then negative, I am all for it. yes
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by stillhoping Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:06 pm

Well...while I am enjoying, I sort of think au bach has gone promo crazy. The US version had a spell of "lead there for biz" but now we are back to software and pharma reps and real estate sales people on guys show...all rejects...3 to 5 place from the ette

Andrew - vineyard
Prince Borghese - skincare? line
Charlie - his failed tv career
Jesse and Travis - network tv gigs

Public may be sick of Sam promos after while
stillhoping
stillhoping

Female Posts : 128

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:10 pm

Oh the public will definitely be sick of Sam and him promoting his biz and other things and even by Snez and others but that's on them.
I guess I am just surprised when the fans like a lead/contestant and say they are not their for the fame when SM shows otherwise.

In today's world of TB with SM being so huge, it is all about fame, branding, promotion, etc, more than anything else.
I think the only difference is in how the lead/contestants go about it.
Some do it in a way that is off-putting and others do it in a more tasteful way.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by ElonM Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:24 pm

Sam website is under construction and he resumed using Twitter.giggling

At the end of the day most of these people will use the new found fame to capitalize on advancing their business etc. However, some of them are tacky and would promote any and everything.

If placed in the same position, I would have probably done the same thing but with much consideration.
ElonM
ElonM

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:31 pm

ElonM wrote:
At the end of the day most of these people will use the new found fame to capitalize on advancing their business etc. However, some of them are tacky and would promote any and everything.
:yes: And that to me is the difference: what and how these people choose to capitalize on their fame and whether they focus more on promoting stuff for the sake of just getting paid or b/c it aligns with their brand and how they want the public to view them.

I am sure Sam is using this to promote his business and he has even said in interviews that he sees nothing wrong with this. As long as he is smart about it he will be fine but if he associates his business too much with being The Bachelor then I think it will have a negative effect overall.

I think Tim is the smartest. He never associated his job with the bachelor and instead uses his passions (fitness, food, fashion, etc) to promote this. Both Tim and Anna I find to be the best example of how to navigate fame and promote tastefully while still remaining who they are. They both have their careers and thus anything else they do is just in addition to this. Even when the do reality tv, they go back to their real jobs and that has never changed since even before they went on the show.

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by ElonM Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:35 pm

Tim and Anna are exceptional indeed.

ElonM
ElonM

Back to top Go down

Post by ElonM Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:50 pm

No link yet for epi 15 ? :hmmm

Channel ten and hola not working for me.
ElonM
ElonM

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:02 am

ElonM wrote:No link yet for epi 15 ? :hmmm

Yeah it is weird. This is the longest time for links to be up and considering it is the penultimate episode I would think they would be up ASAP after airing.

Who knows, maybe those that recorded didn't bother since Heather left? giggling

Seriously though... where's the episodes when it is the finale week? scratch
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by ElonM Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:22 am

Seriously, since Heather left the episodes are late giggling

Come on people, help us out.

Thanks.
ElonM
ElonM

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:06 am

ElonM wrote:No link yet for epi 15 ? :hmmm

Channel ten and hola is working for me....I am not watching yet though, I have to prep for a meeting tomorrow and will catch up on the weekend as usual giggling

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Flawless Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:08 am

No link but here's the recap: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Channel ten also aren't doing bachelorette fashion which is rather annoying hissyfit
Flawless
Flawless

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 46 of 59 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 52 ... 59  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Australia - Season 3 - Sam Wood - (Male) - Episode Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

+34
snowyglow12
Flawless
Norcalgal
Katiebelle
Niccy77
djogbenyuie
dandelioninspring
Sanė
robinvi
iamreal2u
mindless